Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Patient care oriented
Pharmacist (Current Employee), CalgarySeptember 9, 2014
It was an enjoyable experience as You help patient to take care of themselves through providing health care ,making sure they have effective ,safe medicines .
Productive and fun work place with amazing coworkers.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Shoppers Drug Mart is an amazing company to work for and all the employees they hire hold themselves to the highest standards for the work environment.
manager is nice and knowledgeable
cosmetician (Current Employee), richmond,bcSeptember 5, 2014
greeting customer is important

announcement is useful

team work is powerful
FUN WORKPLACE
Volunteer (Former Employee), 1155 Concordia Ave.September 4, 2014
I learn how to manage my responsibility in life.They teach many techniques on how to put the retail item in the store
Working in a multi-cutltural environment
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: cash handling with great accuracy
Cons: long hours sometimes
Meeting people all the time.
Handling cash and balancing end of the day.
Patience and being very knowledgeable is key to success.
Most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying customers and to make sure they keep coming back to Shoppers Drug Mart!
Hardest part of this job during rush hour and we don't have any stock or adequate change (money) to keep – more... the lines flowing smoothly. – less
excellent recruiting service
ON, Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee), ONTARIOSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good experience with different retailstore
Cons: traveling
Great service for locum pharmacist.
Great experience for new regiatered pharmacist.
good experience with different retail services and get to learn different system.
fun workplace
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2014
loved working there, cant cay anything else, there's always something to do. any issues you have is dealt with by the management right away to make sure you're happy.
Good team, great management, long over night hours.....
Merchandiser/cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 30, 2014
Pros: 7 nights on 7 nights off
Cons: sleep never felt like rest
The night starts at 9:45 first we count our cash trays then relieve the evening cashiers.
In between serving customers professionally and courteously,calling in back up cashiers and supervisors as needed,
I would empty the garbages refill the flyer and basket stands
and organize the returns from the day to put on the shelf later
I would start facing( – more... making the store look neat and tidy) in the area near the till until the Night Security Guard would arrive at 11:00PM
Once able I would then go around the store starting with the beauty boutique(because that section of the store locked up from 12AM until 8AM) and record certain numbers for security purposes.
After completion of this task I would begin facing each aisle in the store. While being called to the till by the security guard whenever I had a customer to serve.
After taking my hour break from 4-5AM I would start the lottery.
Get the garbage to the back finish any unfinished returns or facing.
I learned to manage my time effectively
I liked working the nights but it was hard sleeping during the day.
My most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the staff. – less
Great experience as an individual pharmacist
Pharmacist Internship (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 29, 2014
Great support from technician and assistant

Learned Technics and Skills to manage all team members and had experience to handle patient in busy pharmacy
challenging and enjoyable
Pharmacist (Current Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 29, 2014
• Patient care: Counselling, instructing, and supporting the use, care and possible side effects of medications, patient follow up
• Insuring professionalism, privacy and care
• Identifying effective healthcare solutions
• Checking prescriptions for errors & appropriateness, measuring, packaging, and dispensing medications to patients
• Checking compliance/blister – more... packs
• Communicating and working with other healthcare professionals
• Helping to maintain the pharmacy's electronic discharge system
• Meds check experience
• Methadone clinic experience
• Inventory management and ordering seasonal supplies up to demand/Inventory management and reconciliation
• Compounding – less
Undervalued and Underappreciated
Supervisor/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 26, 2014
Pros: employee discount, employees (not management)
Cons: poor management, head office unrealistic expectations, pay
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great company when I first started working there seven years ago. Unfortunately, I've now come to realize employees are under appreciated and undervalued at all Shoppers Drug Mart (my experience from two different locations - Seven years at one location and another year at both locations). I first came on as a cashier and within – more... a year, advanced to a Supervisor and have been a Supervisor since while working as cashier, pharmacy assistant and cosmetician, so I guess you can say I have extensive knowledge as an employee. However, in my years as a supervisor I only received a raise twice, first at the beginning and then an increase of not even a dollar five years prior. In my tenure at Shoppers Drug Mart, I had caught three employees stealing, worked shifts within every department when needed and been threatened by customers for following store policies. All I ever received in recognition was verbal appreciation which I am grateful for but being rewarded for my loyal service and dedication to the company with long-term benefits would have been a million times better.
Head Office expects you to also follow policies when dealing with customers and when customers call to complain that an employee was following these policies, they don't ever back up the employee letting the customer get away with what they want.
If it wasn't for the people I worked with and built relationships with, I would have left this company years ago. – less
Great corporate culture
Pharmacy Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2014
Resourceful and collaborative teams

Many meetings throughout the day
It was a fun place to work made alot of great friends.
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABAugust 25, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: working back to back shifts, and working nights
I was mostly on cash and did some supervising,I covered breaks in cosmetics and helped in pharmacy. The management was ok but needed some work. My coworkers were fantastic and I will miss working with all of them.The hardest part of my job was never getting time on the floor, the most enjoyable part of the job was working the dayshift.
Very fun and entertaining co workers
Laborer (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCAugust 25, 2014
I had a lot of fun working with the people during the set up of the Campbell River store. Everyone I worked with was an absolute blast, it was a very fun working environment and would highly recommend working for this company.
Very long
P/T Merchandiser (Former Employee), Innisfil, ONAugust 23, 2014
I was an overnight merchandiser. I found it was very long nights. But the people I worked with made a great difference.
The store was short staffed but overall enjoyable
Cash/Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABAugust 20, 2014
Pros: friendly people, good job advancement opportunities, competitive wage
Cons: turnover rate
It's retail so you can't expect too much. I enjoyed the job and became friends with many of the employees. The store was short staffed, pretty typical for northern Alberta. This made work somewhat stressful.
I was able to move up from a cashier/merchandiser position to a supervisor position after about nine months of employment. I gained a lot of great – more... experience from the promotion and am very thankful. – less
stressful
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 16, 2014
Pros: clean environment
Cons: they demand to perform lots of duties in less time
very demanding and stressful to work at shoppers drug mart with absolutely no time to give the patient enough time for counselling.
Not so great
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: 30% discount
It would of been a great place to work good benefits but the managers were young n gossipy.
Cosmetician
Cosmetician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2014
• Evaluated and individuals treatment of skin or body problems and recommending a treatment
• Helped customers to complete medical questioners so any allergies or health issues are flagged up
Face Paced Envrionment
Cashier/Beauty Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONAugust 14, 2014
High customer service requirement.
Always working in a face paced environment.
Learned how to multitask efficiently and effectively.
Working with coworkers is fun yet productive, demonstrate teamwork.
Hardest part is handling situations with extremely unsatisfied customers.
Working with people that have exceptional knowledge and learning from them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more

Shoppers Drug Mart Photos