Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Impossible Expectations
Receiver (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Absolutely none...Run...run for your life!
Cons: Think of the worse job you've ever had...now try and get that job back!
In my short time with Shoppers Drug Mart I have learned that they are out for blood! SDM has unreasonably high expectations of what can be accomplished in a day/week/month.

From the second you step foot into work, you are expected to hustle at top speed ALL day, EVERYDAY! And good luck getting a break, if it doesn't align with the "needs of the store" you are out of luck.

SDM's main focus is the bottom line. They preach customer service but make it nearly impossible to execute. They don't really want you to get to know your customers, they just want to make sure they aren't stealing from you...or worse, make sure that both of you are accomplices in a big scheme.

SDM does not create a happy work environment. In fact, it seems that do whatever they can to prevent that from ever happening.
funplace to work
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Shoppers is a fun place to work it is a family work environment. lots of free education that you can improve your skill and great tools as well to learn for your future positions.
great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 5, 2016
the staff all meshed well the team worked together as a unit. the mangers work with us to ensure that the workplace stay safe and fun for everyone. would work there again in a heart beat..
Great
• Phone calls
- Great staff
- Built lasting relationships
- Flexible hours
Fast pace workplace with fun co-workers
Canada Post Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Excellent team work
I learned many things in multiple departments.
It was always energetic and demanding but easy going with always
something to do. The staff was amazing to work with and they taught me many things that I will continue to carry with me through other employment offers.
Good Customer Service
Team Players
Courteous and Respectful
Exciting workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Free food
Cons: Not much to do
I passed out gifts and food to guests at the Gala event and also greeted the guests. I prepared food and gifts in the storage room to be handed out to the guests.
Very friendly staff and flexible schedule. Minimal stress, loving regular customers.
Shift Supervisor Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
Pros: flexible work schedule, management.
Cons: slow days.
A typical day of work consisted of regular charismatic approaches of customer service and pleasing all people needing help. Some fast paced hours on the work floor and the rest of time was spent doing merchandising and back room paperwork duties.

Management saw I was a fast learner and were very eager to raise my duty levels to a more advanced area. Left me to find work on my own and feel as though I could bring more leadership to the workplace.

The hardest part of the job would have been some limits to the amount of product for specific customers who had specific skin disorders or pigment issues. But nothing specifically to do with my workplace I was very happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my customers faces as they walk away the rewarding fulfilment of satisfying someone is entirely worth the hours spent finding the perfect products to suit them.
Amazing work environment!!!
front store supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: none
Working at Shoppers drug mart 2417 in Fort Murray was an amazing experience. The staff, employer, and associate owner there were the best I have had the pleasure of working with. In my opinion we were like a family and worked great together. I would still be there if I didn't move from Fort Mcmurray.
Working for a business within a business
Post office Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2016
Host businesses for Canada Post don't understand what post office is about or what is needed so it can be very frustrating when not enough staff is provided for the busy times, or even for break coverage. Managers need more authorization to run a well functioning post office.
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brantford, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Pros: Good experience
Cons: Rude customers
I worked in cosmetics just for two months in the summer, but I had an amazing time. I learned a lot, I love the people that I worked with and I got to practise my makeup skills almost every day.
Positive and fun Place to work
Customer Service Cosmetician (Current Employee), Rockland, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: always new things to learn
Cons: wage not sufficient
I enjoy working at Shoppers Drug Mart I have been employed here for 8 years part time as a secondary job and I have gained a lot of good customer service experience, I've also filled many different position as cashier,Merchandiser, Front Store Supervisor and Cosmetician.
Fun place to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Given Christmas Parties
Cons: None
A typical day at work was clocking in, and speaking to the supervisors or manager on duty to figure out what I had to do for my shift. I enjoyed working with co-workers, and the best part is working on my own and helping customers when in need. The best part working here was that I learned a lot.
Very hard place to feel safe
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Not Safe
A typical day would be having to deal with drunk and outrage people and it was hard to feel safe when the security guard would send me to go and confront the customer who was drunk or stealing from the store. My coworkers weren't friendly no one would ask me how I was doing or show me how to make sure I wasn't short on the till.
Fun environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Part time work
I enjoy working at shoppers drug mart , but sometimes when it got slow and there was nothing to do it got boring really quick ... But there's always stuff to do .. Just gotta find it .. I loved working with the people I did .
loved this job
COSMETICIAN (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Always got beaks
Cons: None
Helped customers
I learned lots of one on one with customers
Management was awesome
Co-workers helpful and ready to pitch in when needed.
could get very busy, had to stay focused.
The customers and staff.
Shoppers Drug Mart
Cosmetician (Former Employee), 1020 Denman St, VancouverJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Great staff, Great management, product knowledge
Cons: Front store management, wage
I started at Shoppers while I was still in school, they were a fantastic job to learn about product and get to know your lines. I loved the cosmetic management team although there were some clashes with the front store management at times making work a bit stressful. All in all the job was good but the store I worked at didn't pay their staff what other stores in the area were paying. This is a leading reason why I left Shoppers
Great place to work at!
Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Friendly staff
Supervisors and managers are very understanding and willing to help.
Hardest part of training was training on lottery.
Productive, fun place to work.
Cosmetician/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 20, 2016
Working at Shoppers was definitely my favorite job. Usually I would take care of my counter everyday by making sure all the products were in place, clean, and all the prices were accurate. At Shoppers I learned all the basics about skin care and makeup to provide customers with the best answers and knowledge. Everyone here was like a little family and it was an awesome team to work with. The hardest part of the job would have to be putting away all of the stock correctly which was done once a week. The most enjoyable was doing something that I loved to do.
I am hardworking, persistent, dedicated
Infrastructure Solution Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Kudos
Cons: Overtime sometimes
Shoppers Drug mart is a great company to work for specially it is merged with LobLaws. I've learnt that the more I do my due diligence in projects that were assigned to me the less problem I get to implement and better result I get at the end.
Headquarters