Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Workplace
Co-op Placement (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 16, 2014
My typical day at work is to make everything organize, price tag, and stock shelves.I learned a lot about customer service. Management was very understanding and kind. The hardest part of the job was when I wasn't able to find something in the store.
googd people to work with
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: no
I liked working with them.no very happy,just fine very busy
enjoyed job at the time
Clerk II (Former Employee), BCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: hotels stayed at!!
Cons: low pay
worked hard travelled to open new stores set them up experience with warehouse displays cashier office etc
A great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: casual fridays with coffee and donuts
Cons: not much room for growth/ advancement
Being the assistant manager at Shoppers Drug mart, I constantly strive to enrich customers’ shopping experience through excellent customer service and efficient staff coaching and support. Through detail management and analysis of the stores’ online customer survey website, I am able to report and effectively communicate index scores with both the management – more... team and staff members to help improve areas of weakness and boost areas of strength in customer service and business image.
By identifying the demographic of local residents and the change in seasonal demand for products, I am able to work with the management team and local vendors to develop suitable marketing strategy for improving business and driving sales. I have managed successful projects such as improving the number of sign-ups of the Shoppers Optimum customer loyalty card program and encouraging sales of the generic ‘Life’ brand products in store.
I work well in a team oriented business, often representing the needs of staff, customers and the management team as well as individually with minimal supervision. Planning weekly staff workload and tasks, scheduling, performance reviews and follow ups and record and report of weekly margin and sales analysis using excel spreadsheets are among my responsibilities. – less
Professional and a friendly place to work.
Cashier & Merchandiser (Former Employee), Beaumont, AbOctober 7, 2014
Shoppers Drug Mart was a good place to work. Very friendly and fun people! I learned a lot about customer service. Management was very understanding and kind. Was also very sad I had to leave.
Fun
Cash Supervisor, Cosmetician (Former Employee), Lasalle, ONOctober 7, 2014
I started out as a co-op student working in the back making all of the bread. Once i got hired i served customers at the front and took care of their take out needs after school.
Busy and Hard working helping patients
Woking as Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: under paid
Dispencing and Checking Prescreptions, Counselling patients for thier Mediaction and OTC. Helping Doctors and Nurses .
It's not a full-time job
Canada Post Retail Clerk (Current Employee), Concord, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: donuts and pizza lunches
Cons: large work load and very little money
As a part-time job Shoppers is great. Not as a full-time job. The hourly rate cannot support a single mother. If you have no bills and no responsibilities its okay.
Placement
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
Pros: no break
Cons: 4 hours
I was doing my placement when I was in Pharmacy Technician program. This placement taught me a lot because I had to handle so many stuff such as talking on the phone with customers, dispensing drugs, and checking the labels etc. Management was very good because working inside the drug store is sometimes dangers while dispensing drugs then employees – more... have to check it carefully. – less
My Second Home
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day as a Shoppers Drug Mart supervisor starts of by counting the safe and the tills for the cashiers. Also, I must be aware of current promotions and sales to inform customers and cashiers. I greet customers, help them find what they need, cash them out, clean up the store, stock shelves, and when the store closes I have to count the money – more... in the tills and put it in the safe.
I have learned how to make quick and effective decisions and how to deal with high risk customers.
Shoppers has become my second home, even when I am not working I still love to go in and see everyone and talk to customers. I have not only become close with the people I work with, but also with the customers.
The hardest part about the job is being on my feet for more than 8 hours. At the moment the store does not have a manager so the store is a little unbalanced and everyone thinks they are in charge, which makes work a lot harder. – less
easy system and excellent material
Pharmacist (Current Employee), albertaSeptember 27, 2014
one pharmacist in the shift no matter how many rxs the store do per day.
Non-productive,carried to much stock
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee), BCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: it was next to starbucks
Cons: it felt if i were back in high school
The boss who hired me was a wonderful boss, but her replacement lacked experience, people skills and would speak her native language, which was not English while I was there. Very unsympathetic and made me feel like I wasn't part of the team. I was also let go because I was told I was unreliable due to the fact that I was a single mother and needed – more... time off for my sick baby. – less
Great workplace
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Prescott, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Good atmosphere, owner and management were great to work with
productive amazing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: competioton
meeting new clients
patience is a virtue
excellent understanding co workers
making decisions -hardest part
Productive, fun, and friendly work place.
Merchandiser - Put (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioSeptember 24, 2014
Shopppers drug mart would make a great first jobs for students in high school. they are flexible with hours and it is a fun and friendly work place.
Mediocre at best
customer service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours, not appreciated
This is a place for a part time work force for sure.
No chance for advancement, ridiculous expectations to do work outside of your job description and pay rate.
Long hours with no appreciation of work done
Learned at a lot of patience when dealing with recalcitrant customers
coworkers are typically typical.
Front End Manager (Current Employee), central parkwaySeptember 23, 2014
overall management of the customer service front end cash..In charge of monitoring the daily deposit, schedule, LP/HS..
Productive Place to work!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 23, 2014
typical day: filling/dispensing prescriptions
hardest part : standing on your feet all day!
most enjoyable: when patients make your day!
Shipper/Receiver/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONSeptember 21, 2014
As a result of my time here, I learned good organizational skills and how to work in a fast and efficient manner. The management was always there to listen to any concerns I may have had as well as making sure the day to day operations of the business ran smoothly.
My coworkers were like an extended family, I enjoyed working with each and everyone there.
Perfact
compounding
Good customers

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with more than 1,149 stores operating under the names Shoppers – Read more