Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,193 reviews matching the search
Loved my experience
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2017
Staff is amazing, pay is good for what you do and was very fun! I was very happy to work for them they were always very nice to me. I loved the points discount too
What I learned
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Sutton West, ON24 May 2017
Shoppers always keeps your learning on going keeping us up to date on the new trends. Allows us to perform a better job performance and allows us to give the best products to fit each customers needs and wants.
Pros
the employee discount and all the other optimum advantages
Cons
different hours all the time not the same
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 May 2017
I learned that not everyone will like you and you don't have to like everyone. But you need to be able to get along with the people you work with. I was very young when I started working there.
nice environment and quiet
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB23 May 2017
worked 1 staff member at a time
learned about all sorts clients and people
did makeovers
organized shelves
put up talkers
staff was very friendly and considerate
Pros
scheduled breaks
Typical day at work
Customer Service Representative/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
Opening the store. Putting tills in and counting lottery. Daily deposits. I am crossed trained on being a merchandiser, cashier, taking passport photos. I deal with customer concerns. I trouble shoot any problems that come up. I know how to do some receiving and ordering on our moms computer program.
Great experience working at the pharmacy
Pharmaceutical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON23 May 2017
I worked at the pharmacy as a pharmacy technician assistant, and enjoyed helping customers with their prescriptions and improved my interpersonal skills greatly.
Friendly / fun environment.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK23 May 2017
Worked here for 3 years, always moving up and getting raises constantly.
The manager at my location is great, the secondary manager is a professional worker which may push too hard.
Staff is excellent! Made friends with almost everyone.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, generous positioning
Cons
Max wage isn't the best for an adult life.
Stores are Franchised
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario23 May 2017
Experience entirely dependent on the owner of the store. With a good owner, a wonderful career. Great team environment, consistent and reasonable place to work
great.
Post Office Clerk / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 May 2017
typical day includes handling canada post counter, implementing all its policies and procedures. helping customers, answering their various questions and handling their mail - both incoming and outgoing. helping out in the store if there is nothing to do at the post office.
Overall a great work experience
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 May 2017
Gained knowledge of products that are carried in the store.
Always put customers needs and wants first.
Made new friends and enjoyed the close knit family atmosphere.
Helpful coworkers, fast-paced setting which enforces learning
Pharmacy Assistant Student (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2017
The people I worked with are helpful and very cooperative with each other. Management of the area is well done, and each role in helping customers ensures smooth workflow.
Good experience for a first job.
Post office clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2017
Had my first job experience. It was relax and casual, and taught me a little about the would of work. Had good work colleagues, that were respectful and helpful.
Pros
good for a first job
Cons
Always doing the same tasks
An excellent company to work for
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nelson, BC21 May 2017
Workplace culture is top notch and management staff are always approachable. My position is self starting and I can match my hours worked to personal time. I was able to reorganize the work load to suit personal time.
Nice and cool people
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 May 2017
Most of the people who work here are nice but some of them still need to learn how to have patience with customers and employees that work/shop there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Rats and Mice
Tense and uptight environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 May 2017
The job was relatively predictable and customers were generally nice. Management of the workplace at my location was a little uptight and made the job unenjoyable.
Informative, useful, yet boring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart really gave me an idea as to what a Pharmacist does. I am fortunate and grateful to have this experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The people I worked with were amazing but the experience wasn't all roses and sunshine. At the end of my shift, I wanted to gouge my eyes out. It is so boring and tiresome. It made me realize that I really needed to go for a job that I actually like instead of one with good pay. It really isn't worth all the hard work you have to go through in University. I would recommend it to anyone, so they too can learn this lesson that I have learned.
Location makes the difference
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 May 2017
The location I worked at was pretty decently managed. The owner was unable to run her store properly, so management was required to pick up her slack. Unfortunately management turn over was high and thus people who shouldn't be in management were promoted, making work life rather difficult for others who knew their jobs and their place. Benefits were alright, pay was poor.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Bad Ownership
great atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON19 May 2017
coworkers super friendly managers a little on edge most of the time, pay was low compared to what was expected. super dusty place not good if you have allergies.
Pros
great coworkers, discounts on medication
Cons
long hours, managers
High stress environment
Cosmetician/ sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
A typical day would consist of cashing out customers through the till, and consulting customers about our products. I learned that sales reflect how well you interact with the customer and make their shopping experience memorable. The hardest part of the job was the size of the department, it is difficult having to be helping customers, working the till and fixing the department all at once. The most rewarding part of the job was getting to meet new people, and connect with the regular customers.
benefits
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
the benefits would be nice to have for all of the employees, right now I've been working for shoppers for five years i have seen a lot of people leave do to they not being able to have benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location