Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,540 reviews matching the search
productive and fun, usually always busy.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at work would be walking in greeting everyone as you see them. Also seeing if anything urgent to be done. I learned working as a team and communication is a huge part of any job.

hardest part of my job was getting everything sorted and put anyway before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping out costumers and hearing there stories.
Pros
always busy
Very intermediate and mundane work atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2016
-A great deal of standing and had to find very small tasks to do to keep busy
-Learned very great customer service skills
-Management was 'ok'
-Co workers were fun and hard working
-Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy
-Best part of the job was meeting new people
busy and engaging workplace
Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSDecember 15, 2015
Challenging and engaging
Work quick, smart and pay close attention to detail
supportive management
supportive co-workers
long hours on your feet
opportunity to learn
Pros
identifiable brand
Cons
long hours on your feet
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
a challenging place to stay due to the way the store is run
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 8, 2015
A typical day is playing catch up from the previous day. The store I'm in the staff and management don't understand working as a team is the way to complete each job and keep the workplace fun.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management doesn't have time for thier breaks
Working at shoppers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 16, 2016
If i had to be honest the place was a mess and was just poorly run. But the staff were amazing everyone go along well everything was just all over the place nothing was ever done right or on time , some employees don't really understand the concept of personal space, but working for shoppers itself was a good time regardless of the manager i was working for
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
Front Store Supervisor
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
A day at work is ringing in customer products and solving their problems. Relatively easy work for young people.

Time management is a crucial part of this role. The pay is relatively not enough for the amount of work that is done in an 8 hour shift.

Co Workers are fun people in Shoppers always jolly and helping each other.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with sick people who sneeze and cough on your face while paying for their medicines.
Pros
Employee Discount, Sundays are easy to work
Cons
Management, Cutting Hours, Low pay
Great and relaxed environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 3, 2016
Very relaxed but hard on body, all the co-workers are great and friendly and helped me when i had trouble with the tasks that came with the job.
Pros
Great workload
Cons
Great environment and people are wonderful to work with
STORE FRONT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2016
Typical day would involve me spending roughly my entire shift on cash, but occasionally I would get to work on the floor with merchandisers. I have had the pleasure with a great boss, and the my co-workers are absolutely wonderful. While in university Shoppers was very good with working my work schedule around my university schedule, I found the balance between work and life easy to manage.
Pros
clean store, and people are nice
Cons
security
Productive and a fun workplace
In charge of product placement and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 27, 2016
It was very fun learning about the job environment at shoppers. It was one of my first jobs and I am really glad I enjoyed it while learning and experiencing work habits. My co-workers were really friendly and helped me whenever I needed help. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Delivery to needing customers was a rewarding job.
delivery driver, pharmacy helper (Former Employee) –  Ingersoll, ONMay 10, 2016
I really enjoyed my position as delivery driver and helping out in the pharmacy. The management at this store were very negative. If not for how hard all employees worked the store would be closed
I left this position to take care of my sick father.
I enjoyed meeting new customers and interacting and getting to know existing customers
Shoppers some locations great, others not so much.
Cosmetician, prior (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, CanadaOctober 18, 2015
If you don't already know, each SDM is independently owned by the head pharmacist (Associate). Yet, there is a head office that oversees "standards", as such you can have a variety of workplace experiences, some great others not so much depending on the management. A typical day in cosmetics is, assisting customers, sales and clientele management and they do expect you to perform on all three levels. Hardest part of the job is, if you have a large team with a busy store it can get competitive for commission. Overall after three years, I was happy.
Pros
Ability to make good money, education on skincare brands.
Cons
Late nights (some stores open till midnight), challenging co-workers.
Easy work environment
Cashier/Post Office (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 29, 2016
I enjoyed every section I worked in at Shoppers Drug Mart. Both management and coworkers were great, and the owner as well of that location was very nice. I got to do a lot of different things each day because i worked in almost all the departments. I really liked that.
largest retail pharmacy chain with 12.4 billion revenue.
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ONApril 25, 2016
Comply with all Health and Safety requirements: Supervise employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consult employees and provide feedback to management, cooperates with Health and Safety committee or representative, hold accountable for any employees reporting
Working hard to stock shelves and helping customers.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 20, 2016
Arriving to work on time handing paperwork unloading trucks. I learned that I have to keep up with all the work that's going on there's no slowing down. Once you get to know the people them they will be nice to you. The hardest part of the job was unloading the truck and putting stock on the shelves. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers out with whatever they need help with.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Unloaduing trucks
Not a purposeful place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 23, 2015
Very inconsistent management and poor adherence to workplace health standards while under construction. Lots of hour availability with hours but no flexibility with re-scheduling.

Lack of team enthusiasm and hard work ethic...severely low morale which makes productivity and efficiency very difficult for those committed to high job performance. There is a strong lack of communication and coordination among co-workers to take breaks, many people who take longer breaks than the appropriate time allotted, and many times when they get away with it because they have close connections with the supervisor/manager.

Have expressed interest in training for higher positions because of my capability to handle more responsibility and more consistent hours. But there seems to be no movement and therefore, I feel stuck in a role that I can't be of more value and contribution to the company success.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
No creative outlet, can be very long and tedious
Welcoming staff
Cashier and Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A very good place to build your career. and the ability to grow as a person. Management and staff are very friendly and will help youto grow at work.
Shoppers Drug Mart
PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCFebruary 7, 2015
A busy store with lots going on, from reviewing prescriptions to checking off compliance pack for patients. Patient counselling involving both prescription and non-prescription comprise a good portion of the time. More challenging parts of the job would be prioritizing workflow on busy days and dealing with third party insurance . My colleagues are part of a very professional group and we get along with each other quite well, and the management help us in our duties. The interaction with our patients and the satisfaction that we gain from these interactions, knowing that we made a difference, would be the most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job.
Pros
fair scheduling and good benefits
Cons
occasionally inadequate staffing and irregular breaks
productive & fun place
New Westminster as Assistant front store manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 4, 2016
I love working in the employee friendly environment. I learned time management , employee management and enhanced my skills while working with shoppers drugmart.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
union store
nice plave to work
STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  whitby.ONJuly 2, 2015
Working environment varies with store location and store associate. Overall good place to work at. Management depends on your management.
Pros
working enviorionment, public image
Cons
no breaks, no raise in salary

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location