Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,722 reviews matching the search
Satisfying experience in a reputable franchise where exceptional customer/patient relations was taught and crucial for success within the company.
Pharmacy Assistant (Occasional) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 July 2016
- Daily duties consisted of constant patient handling and provision of healthcare advice, accurate drug dispensing and medical document management, direct and/or extensive telecommunications with doctors, hospital administration, health insurance companies, and other pharmacies across Ontario.

- This job allowed me to gain a broader understanding of current pharmacological practices as well as observe the ongoing growth of scope of practice within the field. Additionally my telecommunication skills, ability to perform and problem solve under tight deadlines, and customer/patient relations skills vastly grew.

- I had to opportunity to work with individuals varying in age and education level. Specifically, my superiors were persons with several years of schooling and business experience. I experienced difficulty at times managing high volume prescriptions throughout the day, however throughout my time at the company learned how to effectively allocate my time and complete all my assigned work. The most satisfying part of the job was the ability to see the growth in the health care field which gave me greater insight into future careers I may want to pursue.
good work place
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC15 March 2016
good environnement, work with collegues perfect but salary a little low I work for three years. My superviser was honnest and have great sens of justice.
nice environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
i learned a lot in shoppers, most of the things that i did not encounter in school i learned at my actual job in shoppers. People there are all supportive. The most enjoyable part is helping patient/customers and see their smile.
Pros
helping others
Cons
standing long hours
a good place for new experience
Supervisor (Overnight) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 November 2016
fast pacing work. management are doing ok. co workers are helpful.
work requires long standing.. and yes you'll learn to develop relationship with customers having them to be regular. a good place to learn how to offer or promote certain products.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
long standing
This job has procedures and protocols to follow.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON26 May 2016
I really love working for Shoppers Drug Mart as they have very clear and specific protocols and procedures. A typical day at work is serving our customers, who are mostly sick when they come to see us with their new prescriptions. I have learned to work on the Healthwatch program and I have become more comfortable with it. The team is very supportive and are always willing to answer my questions without making me feel akward. The management is very interested in knowing how the employees feel and if we have any issues, we are welcomed to talk the management fairly early to discuss the issue. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients when they are vulnerable but the most enjoyable part is seing leave the store reassured and confident that we can have them feel better when they leave.
Pros
Amazing place to work and feel supported
Cons
For my situation now, I can't get a full time job.
Amazing staff, horrible hours
Cashier/Merchandiser/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 July 2016
Overall, the management team is awesome. I have been trained in a few areas that have helped me to build up my resume and personal character. Taking into consideration that summer is our slow season, hour cuts have become inevitable. I have seniority above a handful of staff members who seem to retain a greater number of hours than I do. In spite of explaining my situation, this is still a recurring issue.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prescription fees, awesome clearance items
Cons
Limited hours
Knowledge of numerous cosmetic products and utilize PR skills
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga and Brampton, Ontario2 September 2016
Getting familiar and discuss new marketing ideas, explore new and marketable products over the net for Shoppers, dealing with public in answering questions and satisfying customer's queries, meet management every week to discuss the progress of the week and look forward to the following week's success.
Pros
Nice management to work with
Cons
Part-time position
Extremely busy and stressful days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart is beneficial but also very stressful. The weekend sales are heinous with customers always being on edge if our clearance and sale items aren't in stock. However there is a helpful staff.
Pros
Helpful Staff
Cons
Not a good place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I worked for shoppers drug mart in spring gardens halifax for just a few days and stopped due to the supervisor's rudeness...sheldon is his name and he needs to be fired...too rude and lacks supervision skills
Pros
Very rude
Cons
Discrimination towards some of the employees.
Not exactely a career...
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chestermere, AB24 June 2016
I work with some pretty great people. My hours are flexible and that really helps my lifestyle.
Management is poor and discombobulated. Hours are consistent but wages heavily varies depending on how much the GM likes you.
Sad.
Pros
Flexibility of hours. Close to Home.
Cons
Not being paid what your worth.
Enjoyable staff and customers
assistant I (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2016
This company has made many changes throughout my years , they offer great hours for students and anyone wanting part time. They are open very late which for some is great as it is a 24-7 world these days
Pros
Advancement
Cons
expectations
Cashier, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC8 December 2016
My managers are great, coworkers are great, 30% discount is great, and optimum points are amazing too.
I'm mostly merchandiser so my typical shift is usually doing order work, meaning putting product out onto the shelves and such. I deal with customer service, answering the phone calls, fetching carts from outside, taking out the garbage(mostly cardboard boxes) and helping out my coworkers.

Overall I think the only hardest part of my job is dealing with cardboard cuts and angry customers.
Pros
Coworkers
bad managers, great customers and co-workers
I held a supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
team members were awesome but the management was harsh and less than understanding. co-workers would help each other out frequently and overall a pretty pleasant place to work other than the management
Pros
great people, close to home at the time, i felt useful
Cons
management
overall a good experiecnce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2016
A typical day at my job was to attend customers, handle cash and general cleaning and stock. I learned how to better resolve customer issues and concerns. I got along with all of the staff and was able to communicate any concerns I may have had. I enjoyed the environment that the staff members created, very much a family feel. For the most part my job was fairly straight forward, if I really had to think on it, Lotto sales and claims. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge that I have been able to provide customers with the right information for their everyday and future needs.
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 July 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
Shoppers is great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
Working here while in school was always flexible and often fun, whether it was assisting customers or stocking shelves. The only thing I had trouble with was the under-employment we faced for months at a time, so I had to take on a little extra work. Other than that, the team and management were always supportive and good to work with.
good place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2016
I'm helping set up a new shoppers in Kingston Ontario and it has been a great place to work so far. my co-workers are really nice and the management has been really understanding. what i really like about the job so far is how much fun i have with all my co-workers while i'm there.
very productive
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 February 2016
i learnt lots about pharmacy asistant tasks here.i do typing rx , filling , compunding, making blister packs, councelling etc
Pros
very nice people to work with and cooperative
Cons
salary
OK place to work at
Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2016
management was not that great to work with. Lots of gossiping & unnecessary drama. Coworkers are very nice people, made the job enjoyable. Hardest part were the occasional difficult customers and standing in the same spot for the entire day, but the rest was quite easy & fun.
Pros
30% off
Cons
management was not the best
Great place to work with enjoyable people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
A typical day will include stocking shelves, organizing inventory, helping customers find products, sometimes putting up talkers for items on sale or doing signs, also it is common to be switching around ends or adjusting planograms. This is a great place to work management and co-workers are very pleasant.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location