Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,773 reviews matching the search
Used to be great
Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON13 November 2016
When it was just Shoppers, it used to be great. Now with Loblaws taking over operations, it's become a very unorganized, and demoralizing environment.
amazing place
Cosmetic Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 November 2016
one of the best laces i have worked at yes they are absolutely awesome to staff and everyone that works there is like a family and take care of each other
Pros
everything
Cons
bad managers, great customers and co-workers
I held a supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
team members were awesome but the management was harsh and less than understanding. co-workers would help each other out frequently and overall a pretty pleasant place to work other than the management
Pros
great people, close to home at the time, i felt useful
Cons
management
Its a good place to deal with different kind of customers
Pharmacy Assistant/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 November 2016
I learned a lot from this store. Employees are really great. The management though has flaws in terms of career growth of employees especially those with potentials.
nice environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
i learned a lot in shoppers, most of the things that i did not encounter in school i learned at my actual job in shoppers. People there are all supportive. The most enjoyable part is helping patient/customers and see their smile.
Pros
helping others
Cons
standing long hours
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
a good place for new experience
Supervisor (Overnight) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 November 2016
fast pacing work. management are doing ok. co workers are helpful.
work requires long standing.. and yes you'll learn to develop relationship with customers having them to be regular. a good place to learn how to offer or promote certain products.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
long standing
good place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2016
I'm helping set up a new shoppers in Kingston Ontario and it has been a great place to work so far. my co-workers are really nice and the management has been really understanding. what i really like about the job so far is how much fun i have with all my co-workers while i'm there.
productive
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
• Maintained standards of practice for providing medication care and services for the patient and health care professionals.
• Collaborated with healthcare professionals to ensure the appropriateness of patient’s medications.
Fast pace enviornment
Pharmacy Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 November 2016
Staff was great to work with. Overall it was a fast pace environment, need to be a great multi-tasker and very organized.
Pros
30% off
Amazing Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cole Harbour, NS8 November 2016
Working at shoppers was an amazing experience, I was only supposed to be Christmas help and was kept. I qorked as a cashier and would absolutley love to work for Shoppers Drug Mart again.
The employees at shoppers were fun and easy going people.
The work environment was wonderful.
friendly staff, everyone helps out
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 November 2016
I enjoy working at shoppers. Everyone helps each other out and makes sure the work around the store gets done to keep the store in tip top shape.
great place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 November 2016
Shoppers was my favorite place of work unfortunately it was short but if i could have another chance o would work in that industry again
Pros
great customers and co workers
Cons
none that i can think of
horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 November 2016
I worked here for 2-3 weeks trying to learn what I needed to work in this pharmacy. I have worked in 2 other pharmacies in my life with great reviews. However this pharmacy location was horrible with team communication and teaching new employees everything they needed to know. there is lots to learn and when you put someone on shift with no one to help you its stressful. I'm not a quitter. they had to fire me because even though I feel like I should quit I went into work everyday trying my hardest to figure out what to do. Everyone was too busy to take a few minutes to help me with any problems I had. I did not feel like I was part of a team or cared for. Never work here in the pharmacy.
Pros
Cons
management never around, poor/little/no training provided, no communication between team members
First Job Experience
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 November 2016
Working in the Beauty Boutique is amazing, I enjoy stocking the Mass Wall, which is what we call the wall with the drug store makeup products. I also enjoy the days I get to work in the fragrance section, because I get to learn where all the fragrances go, and what ones smell like others. My co-workers are the best and extremely supportive and kind, we can often joke around and help each other with work. The hardest part of the job was learning to get used to talking to customers, as this placement is my first work experience, but I have learnt to enjoy my moments with customers, and open up.
The most enjoyable part of this job is connecting with my co-workers and learning new things from them everyday.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Long days
nice people to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 November 2016
it is a great enviroment to work in and people are very friendly and helpful.
Managers are really great and very professional, we have a lot of fun every day in work .
I had the chance to learn a lot of things about the job and gained a wealth of experience
Good.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2016
Had a blast It was a fun lace to work also I think I would like to work there again one day and I would tell lots of people about this job for sure no doubt.
good
PART TIME PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Had good learning and great exposure to different clients. Good software system to handle various levels of difficult situations.
A great team to work with!!
Part-Time Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 November 2016
The challenging as well as good part of job is to learn new things everyday. There are various departments within the store, so, there are good opportunities to learn and grow.
Learning Experience
Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2016
I enjoyed working in the cosmetic department at Shoppers Drug Mart. I was able to learn about the different brands and products. It was rewarding having customers take your advice on what product you think would be best for them.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location