Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,621 reviews matching the search
productive & fun place
New Westminster as Assistant front store manager (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 4, 2016
I love working in the employee friendly environment. I learned time management , employee management and enhanced my skills while working with shoppers drugmart.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
union store
Fun conscientious esteemed valued
Post Office (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 19, 2016
I personally had a good start with the adventure of opening their new Rexall Store! had the opportunity not only to work with all the Team Players but to work alongside the best of The established Manager Owner of the Business! I would congratulate the Team on a great establishment!
Pros
25% off all products 1 st month of working for this dynamic Drug Store!
Cons
Not many of them really were working for the Business but by themselves only!
flexible environment
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONApril 4, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart was a fun workplace with a lot of flexibility. Also, it was a diverse environment, where everyone helped one another.
Pros
diverse environment
Cons
old cultured and lot of gaps in managment amoung connectivity
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 14, 2016
learning part as an individual is quiet difficult as the growth amoung the new and old remains constant as the difference between communication gaps between peoples their and also the staff is very old in the system that also make the difference of getting the oppurtunities of new task
Pros
nearly approcable opened 24 hrs
Cons
no future growth
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative, Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart Head Office is a very professional yet comfortable environment. The general atmosphere of the office and energy of your coworkers and team leaders will always brighten your mood whether you received a relaxing call from a customer, or one of a more troublesome nature. The franchise takes pride in their employees and we do enjoy the perks and benefits of products, surveys and so forth. Great place!
Pros
Free lunches, products, great environment
Easy Student Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Typical Shift:
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Rep and a bit of Merchandising.

Pros:
Team feels like family, supportive training, great benefits (i.e. employee discount and prescriptions), safe environment, part time for students

Cons:
Minimum Wage
Pros
Good Training, Supportive Employers, Benefits, Employee Discount, Safe Environment
Cons
Minimum Wage, Small Raises
Amazing place, learned lots from them.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  London, ONNovember 29, 2015
I would put out stock, face all of our products on the floor, help customers with all their questions, and help out fellow coworkers whenever I could. I learned the register and cash with them, I learned how to stock shelves and put it away in the back, how to clean the store and face all the products so they would look presentable for the next day. I learned customer service and how to speak to the general public and how to deal with possibly difficult situations. I learned how to work in the post office. Send packages, letters, money grams, money orders, deal with a lot of money. The management was great. She took into account everyone's needs and wants and she was kind to all of us. Coworkers were great, I loved working as a team and individually at points. The hardest part is ost certainly cranky customers, but nothing I couldn't handle. I loved everything else.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
not enough shifts
Stimulating and productive workplace with an excellent team
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 7, 2016
High-volume exciting work environment kept me professionally engaged for the full length of each shift. Incredibly competent staff (in both management and assisting roles) made the demanding workload manageable. Very fair compensation, but minimal job security.
Pros
high-intensity workday is mentally engaging
Cons
minimal job security
productive and fun, usually always busy.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at work would be walking in greeting everyone as you see them. Also seeing if anything urgent to be done. I learned working as a team and communication is a huge part of any job.

hardest part of my job was getting everything sorted and put anyway before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping out costumers and hearing there stories.
Pros
always busy
I would not recommend this to anyone I like
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed the job, customers and co workers. Very good sales so I would spend much of my pay cheque there. Unfortunately this business common practice was to harass anyone that they wanted to get rid of so they would quit. Unfortunately I was one of those people.
Pros
Good benefits, great co workers
Cons
Harass employees until they quit, poor management
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
Excellent Midnight Hours 10 hours 7 on 7 off
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 29, 2016
Excellent independent work on midnights..super busy store....must be Quick and Accurate On Cash. Always Something to Do...ALWAYS...Do Your Work ...Do Extras..Work Hard..Be Nothing But Professional..don't get involved in gossip....Loved My Job
Pros
30 % off.... Great Shift
Cons
Very unprofessional..gossipy managementteam. Horrible..even in staff room..gossiped about staff.
Productive work environment
Merchandiser/Cashier/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 30, 2016
Flexible hours and on-the-job training.
They will work with your school and/or other job schedules.
Continuous learning opportunities and interaction with customers.
Somewhat repetitive work, depending on the days (ex. incoming stock was the same day each week, facing was done every night, low stocks almost every day)
Great co-workers to help with stressful days.
Co-op position
Co-op through OCAPDD (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked as a Co-op employee and didn't get paid for the experience. The term was short. I learned to rotate stock and kept the shelves stocked. The store is located at Carling Avenue across from Carlingwood Shopping Centre. I live in Orleans and had to take three buses to get to the position. I worked hard and hoped to be hired but was not.
Cons
short term co-op position
Front Store Supervisor
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2015
A day at work is ringing in customer products and solving their problems. Relatively easy work for young people.

Time management is a crucial part of this role. The pay is relatively not enough for the amount of work that is done in an 8 hour shift.

Co Workers are fun people in Shoppers always jolly and helping each other.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with sick people who sneeze and cough on your face while paying for their medicines.
Pros
Employee Discount, Sundays are easy to work
Cons
Management, Cutting Hours, Low pay
Fun place to work, lots of perks
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 7, 2015
Sales, merchandizing, cash, dealing with public, handling staff and scheduling.
Long hours, but all very passionate towards their work.
Events and training was incredible.
Pros
Perks. and training. Benefits
Cons
Micro Managed
Fun and fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Walmart down in New BrunswickI enjoyed being cashier customer service dealing with the public I met a lot of people. My bosses were good to me considering that I was from Montreal do try to accommodate me and everything that was great the generosity and warmth I felt from my employees
Pros
Shopping
Cons
Rude people
Great place to work with enjoyable people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day will include stocking shelves, organizing inventory, helping customers find products, sometimes putting up talkers for items on sale or doing signs, also it is common to be switching around ends or adjusting planograms. This is a great place to work management and co-workers are very pleasant.
Productive and easy going work enviornment
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  torontoSeptember 17, 2015
Management and co-works are great. They are great people to work with and make the day go by faster. The hardest part is sometimes not being acknowledged for my hard work. I have being working for the Shoppers more then five years and the salary is extremely poor every year my salary goes up only my 10 cents! The only reason I stayed for so long easy because I was going to school they were really flexible with me but I graduated and now its time to move on.
Pros
flexabel hours
Cons
poor pay
Hard Working and Enjoyable place to be
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 1, 2015
On a typical day at work i usually head to the cash register to do my job as a cashier. One of the cons are that we have long hours and one of the pros are that costumers are very kind and enjoyable to talk to. My manager is a very intelligent kind-hearted person who knows how to solve any problem. All of my co-workers are always on
task and hard working like me. The hardest part of my job is finding time for myself and my family. But i love coming in every morning to work because of my wonderful surroundings. In conclusion, Shoppers Drug Mart is a very happy and enjoyable place to be.
Pros
Enjoyable and friendly place to work.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location