Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 September 2017
Shoppers Drug mart was an excellent first time job offering employees to develop in the work field. Management was very accommodating when it came to time off and personal requests.
customer service
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2017
loved working with a great team and getting to know the regular shoppers coming in. a good company to work for. there was always something to do which made the shift go faster
Great
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2017
Great place to work but really depends on your store manager. If he/she is udersatnding to give you decent shifts. He did prefer giving better shifts to the pharmacist who ahs worked longer but after a year he did adjust mine to be more fair.
Horrible managment
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
The store i worked with was a horrible team. Especially the manager. He was very rude and not helpful. I however loved my coworkers. And my cashier manager she was the best.
Pros
loved my coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work for students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2017
I love working at Pharmaprix. There are so many locations so you can find one that is close to you (mine is right in front of my school). I work with amazing bosses who are understanding of my schedule and always give me the hours i want. One of the reasons is because there's so many people who work there that someone can take your place. I work with a great team also and have become friends with many of them. They offered me different positions in the store which keeps my job interesting, the discount is great and they even reward you when you achieve certain goals which is unheard of in most businesses. Great great job, I'm very lucky
Great experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2017
Love working in the pharmacy. Fast pace and always different. Very nice place to work, flexible shifts and hours. Lean something new when ever I worked
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short staffed
Friendly coworkers and a fun work environment
Demand Planner (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 August 2017
A typical day at work consists of sitting in front of a computer and predicting the demand levels of products. I learned about useful predictive tools that can help the company capitalize on changes on the demand levels of products. Management is alright. They are rusty in terms of keeping up with the changes in the tech world, but they are nice people. Workplace culture is good considering you are surrounded with friendly people with strong ambition. The hardest part of the job is making the management understand that there are rigorous steps involved before being able to integrate a brand new predictive method into the existing system. The most enjoyable part of the job is R&D. The company has realized that technology is what rules the world these days and decided to invest in contemporary methods of predicting demand levels of products. Overall it is a good company and there is no glass ceiling, since you can continue to learn and expand your knowledge on Supply Chain.
Pros
Opportunities for recent grads
Cons
Balancing work and life outside of work
successful experience
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 August 2017
no matter what your education level is. you should start somewhere, working with shoppers drug mart improve my knowledge and made me more confidant, plus all the features as a shoppers drug mart employee
Very well run store and lots of amazing personalities
Front Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
The store is run beautifully by the management team and this store has the best co-workers that one can ask for. The store itself is amazing but at time it is understaffed which results in low work efficiency.
Cons
Wages should be higher
OK for students
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2017
This is not the place to retire. Working here is fine if you're a student and plan on moving on to bigger and better things, but expect minimum-wage salaries and unfavourable hours.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible pay
Good part-time job for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 August 2017
I had experience as a cashier. The job is pretty straight forward, help the customers, stock shelves, work at the cash, it's not too complicated. It's a good first-time job.
Some employees didn't have proper break
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Weston/Rutherford28 August 2017
give employees beneficial wages and make sure to give employees proper break time and nice or well balanced lunch room especially clean and well maintained
Pros
Proper lunch break
Cons
no substitute for lunch break
Productive and encouraging workplace built on teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 August 2017
A well established business with an open minded management and a staff wiling to do the utmost for their place of buisness.
Character is hard to find at most places of buisness but here they were never lacking that.
Pros
friendly staff
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 August 2017
Shoppers is a nice place to work, they give there staff amazing discounts. Co workers were great and easy to get along with.
I still shop there today.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rate of pay for supervisors
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON28 August 2017
SDM- busy site I worked with. We filled between 500 - 600 prescriptions a day.
-SDM taugh me everything.
-workplace culture was terrific.
-hardest part of my job was the turn over of staff and training new staff continually
-the most enjoyable was the interaction of my customers that returned over and over every week. My favorite ones are not residing in the nursing homes I service and still recognize the love and respect I showed them over 20 years ago.
Pros
great co-workers and pay
Cons
management changed
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2017
Staff is excellent, management is good. Job is demanding at times but you get to learn and expand your knowledge everyday. Customers are generally friendly and appreciative.
Pros
Great team environment .
Cons
Salary could be a bit better for the type of work.
Fun place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 August 2017
Fairly well place to work. I worked in a Shoppers Drug Mart where it was mainly business people coming in and customers were very hard to please in general. Workers were nice but having the experience in the specific job you got hired on, the pay was alright. Also management was really nice except one, if you did something she didn't like she would cut your hours or just give you false info that would get your hopes up.
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 August 2017
awesome place to work. works well with their staff and is very opoen to their staff great location and also a great little place to work. eeasy hours
Hard to please
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 August 2017
has part of management it all depends which store you work at. they expect 30 different tasks a day plus serve customer plus manage the cash plus do events without much help nor a thank you for your hard work .they are all about making money which makes sense but if you want to keep your hard workers and customer oriented employees, a little give and not just take would be appreciating
Pros
customers can be pleasant and get to help paid training depending on store
Cons
shift work lack of recognition lack of help
An amazing group of individuals working towards bettering patient health by ensuring people are compliant with their chronic medications.
Patient Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 August 2017
Working for SDM Patient Contact Centre was a humbling experience. The goal of this out-bound call centre was to ensure that SDM patients were compliant with their chronic medications, and that they refilled them on time to minimize the harm that would come from not taking the medications when needed. I was able to work along side both pharmacists and pharmacy assistants to ensure that our customers were educated on their medications, and learned how to resolve conflicts over the phone when dealing with issues which can arise when refilling some prescriptions.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.