Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,109 reviews matching the search
Dissaponting
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 April 2017
No job security or growth within the company. No proper management within sections, lots of politics and dramas. New district manager can't wait to prove himself.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work politics
ok
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 April 2017
depending who you work with , it can be great or terrible some days its good and some days are bad. the store i worked at was getting worse and worse .
if its he job for you, you will like it.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 April 2017
enjoyed the staff and management hours were alright, but being 45 and working in the manufacturing and automotive trade wasn't for me. Part-time hours are good for kids going through school or someone who needs something to do is great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
hours all over the place
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 April 2017
I loved working here, because my manager was very accommodating, as was the supervisor who made the schedule. She was very considerate when I needed time off or couldn't come into work for various reasons. All my coworkers were friendly and we all got along like a little work-family. I would definitely suggest working here.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Open until midnight - late shifts
Fast paced
POST OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 April 2017
This position was extremely fast pace so excellent customer service and ability to deal with currency is necessary. Not recommended unless you have a strong work ethic.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very Busy
Upbeat Team oriented environment
Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
The management at shoppers drug mart made my experience very valuable. The team leader stressed the importance of working together and being kind to others. As well we were always properly instructed on how to do our job, deal with customers, and provide the right services.
Commission was not bad
p/t cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC24 April 2017
Lots of turnover, they promise hours, but they don't deliver...High expectations in terms of sales, and telemarketing. Overall is an ok place to work if you are willing to not let things get you, and just do your best!.
Pros
commission
Cons
slow, boring, bad management
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Management was very understanding, didn't require you to over exert yourself at work. Learned to maintain a neat and organized workplace environment as well as attend to customers needs. Easily to lose track of time due to sufficient amount of job tasks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unloading Shipment was fairly difficuly
Task-oriented job with unique management styles and good teamwork culture
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Shoppers Drugmart is a large, stable company with corporate structure. There are hierarchies that provide opportunity to move up, but it may take years to reach the position of Assistant Manager. The job is diverse enough to stay occupied for a full 8-hour shift, but the scheduling can sometimes be sporadic. It is very important to develop a strong working relationship with your associate-owner, front store manager and assistant managers, as they are available to assist you in learning new skills that lead to eventual promotion. My only complaint is that it takes a very long time to improve your wage, and wages are usually not increased based on merit.
If you are hard-working, a quick learner and willing to put in 5-10 years of labour, you can become very successful at Shoppers Drugmart.
Pros
Tight-knit group of colleagues and peers across the GTA, management rewards you for hard work and dedication
Cons
Repetitive, unfavourable hours, low-paying
I enjoyed it
Photo Lab Supervisor & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
I worked here when I was younger. Was a good place to work overall. Friendly people, management, was just a nice environment to work in!

Would definitely work here again if given the chance.

Want to know more about Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?

Ask a question
Fast paced environment and well-structured management
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
I appreciate that management are very diligent in keeping changes up to date. It makes representing the company and helping customers a much better experience.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quebec, Canada24 April 2017
Nice place to work. Met nice people. Easy management, you get your holiday whenever you want. Good job/life balance. I was at school at the moment. Everything was pretty easy and nice to do.
great workplace
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is a great place to work. The location I work at is very diverse, busy store. Great customers, regular and new. Coworkers are wonder as well as they help everyone out.
Co-op Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
It's okay working there nothing exciting everyday is stocking shelves and helping rude customers nothing really different on the day to day basis if you don't get tired of that good job for you
Cons
Short breaks, stocking
boring work environment
Assistant Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2017
Expectations have always been clear and easily understood. The work environment is bland and employees are not personable or relatable. I was always relieved when the day ended.
Boring and lonely Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2017
Once the new year starts the always cut the hours in half. Some of the managers are rude and don't even say hi to you when you come in for your shift. I had experiences where I have noticed my manager rolled his eyes when I walked in because they did not want to work with me and I never did anything. The training is horrendous when you start. They throw you on cash and don't even tell you everything. An example of this is they don't tell you that you have to enter a store coupon and vender coupon differently. At the beginning you're always calling for the supervisor to come and help you with a problem and they get very annoyed quickly. The people who work here are very cliquey. The different departments don't talk to each other and the job is very lonely and boring.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Boring and lonely
People that work here are incresible
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
The people that work at shoppers are such genuine people. My day mostly consisted of putting away stock and I sometimes had some cash shifts.
Hardest part of this job was dealing with customers who were not polite. Best part of this job were the people I worked with. I have learned a lot about people at this job and how to deal with customers
Productive fast paced atmosphere
Cashier, Part time (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON20 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great company to work for. They were very flexible with working around school schedules and understanding heavy home work loads. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and getting to know the regulars. Working around people of the same age as me also makes it a more comfortable, fun job.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 April 2017
Great place to work. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to move forward. It's definitely a great job. Lots of hours are given to the employees. Lots of fun, team building activities as well. Lots of help when needed.
Secure, yet Micro Management
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at Shopper's Drug Mart in the first couple of years. The Management was great, the staff were courteous and hilarious. I learned a lot and the store ran like a well-oiled machine. I started out as a cashier, which is usually the initiation for new employees. Then, as I gained more days at Post office, I gained more responsibilities on the floor. Eventually, I was trained as supervisor where I just made sure that any problems were resolved in a timely manner, and that the cash profits balanced at the end of the night.
However, after the renovation and change in management, things went downhill. There is always a tense period when management changes. Everyone expects things to go on the way they were when of course they can't. Although the main problem was being watched through the security cameras. It is one thing to have the cameras there, it is another thing to call me while I am working and ask me to so something when you are not even there. I felt like my every move was being watched. Manager turned Big Brother.
Pros
excellent break policy and friendly staff.
Cons
Upper Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location