Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,860 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work with utmost customer satisfaction
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 November 2016
Pharmacy is a pretty busy place to be in. Typical day at work is starting the day with punching in and taking work badges and barcodes. Patients are the center of pharmacy practice so meeting and greeting patients, knowing their needs and requirements, solving their queries and to be able to give efficient, timely and accurate product/information. Helping them to improve their life style and health and work to the level of complete customer satisfaction.
Pros
Exciting promos and seasonal deals
Cons
To be able to do highly demanding and multitasking job throughout the shift
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON6 February 2017
Very productive. Busy. Learned alot about customers and team work. Hardest part of the job is filling prescriptions. Most enjoyable part is the people i worked with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great company to work for! Treat their employees with respect. Tons of training and great pay!
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2016
Best company I've ever worked for. I was always treated with respect. The pay and benefits are great and above average for the beauty industry. Good work/life balance, but you do need to be prepared to work late nights and weekends. Management was always respectful and really tries to help their employees progress.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, good pay, great discount.
Cons
On feet all day.
Worst location.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 November 2015
I worked at shoppers for year and a half, it started off great, I had no complaints. In 2013 I was in the process of getting benefits so I had to work 38 hours consecutively for 3 months to quality. During the probation period I was in a car accident so I had to take 3 weeks off. After returning I was expecting to get the same amount of hours as before..no. I had the worst treatment, I was given 20 or so hours and then when I questioned it I was told it had to start over because of the time I took off. On top of that the management was catty, immature, disrespectful, unorganized, rude, and offensive. After about 4-5 months of being back I quit because I was sick of the stupidity my store had. I'm sure if i were to work at a different Shoppers it would have been different. Though, because I quit without giving the desired two weeks notice, I was told I'm unable to work at another Shoppers.
Incredible Work Environment
Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
I've been managing the Beauty Boutique at our location for over three years now, and this has been, overall, the most positive work experience I've ever had the privilege of being part of.

Our associate & FSM are über supportive and communicative; I've learned a lot about every facet of the business, which makes me feel terrific about being part of an organization that serves a plethora of customers on many important levels. Health care, beauty, convenience, exclusive brands-our customers rely on us for so many things that every day I'm reminded that Shoppers Drug Mart stores do so much for the communities they serve.

I've been in the cosmetics industry for just about 20 years and this opportunity has taught me so much, and given me the chance to experience goals & challenges that make my job exciting and dynamic.

I'm so fortunate to have such a great team of beauty experts, and we're so lucky to have the support of an unbeatable pharmacy and front store team.

Management at store level is a team I've learned a lot from and am proud to be part of. I'm never not in need of the tools or information I need to do my job well.

Shoppers as a whole has done so much to bring customers the best selection of merchandise-beauty and otherwise-Ina convenient & rewarding way. The Optimum program is second to none.
Pros
Great learning tools & vendor training, fabulous coworkers, excellent opportunity for advancement for a lot of staff
Cons
Technology can seem tricky in the learning stages
Wonderful atmosphere and a wonderful managing staff and employee base.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB16 November 2016
My time working at Shoppers Drug Mart was an incredibly wonderful experiences as the staff was always willing to help in any situation that may have unfolded, while simultaneously instructing people on how to overcome obstacles in the future. The rather stress-free environment makes it an excellent place of employment if someone is not too fond of high stress and a continuous fast pace.
Pros
Wonderful staff and an excellent atmosphere without mush stress aside from customers.
Cons
Due to larger staffing not as many hours as one might prefer.
Great Place to work. Very well run.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peace River, AB4 September 2016
Order Stock. Stock Shelves. Check Dates
Businesses run differently. Been with 2 other Food Businesses and Shoppers does things very differently than what I'm used to.
Great Management and Team! Work together as a team to achieve goals.
Being fairly new with Shoppers, learning their Computer System or MMS( The brains of the inventory and receiving system. Learn something new almost every week.
My favorite part of working in food retail is the customers! Interacting and finding out the needs of every customer- building relationships!
Pros
Great Team!
Cons
Where I am Living.
Amazing
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON8 August 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, especially this location. Co-workers are amazing, and the owner is an amazing guy, to which is flexible, helps when needed and is an overall good boss. I loved working at shoppers it was a great experience and gave me the skills now that have helped in my career now. I owe this location a lot and can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The hardest part of this job is the public, and drug plans. Like any job customer service is key, and some customers can be harder to deal with than others, but the few bad experiences have been made up for with the other great customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Challenging customers
Enjoyment
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alcona Beach, ON24 February 2017
I enjoyed the staff and working the hours. Some days felt long. Doing the overnight merchandising was exhausting. The hardest part was trying to please the GM but I overall I enjoyed it. Lots of laughs easy to learn.
Pros
Contests among staff
Excellent Midnight Hours 10 hours 7 on 7 off
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 July 2016
Excellent independent work on midnights..super busy store....must be Quick and Accurate On Cash. Always Something to Do...ALWAYS...Do Your Work ...Do Extras..Work Hard..Be Nothing But Professional..don't get involved in gossip....Loved My Job
Pros
30 % off.... Great Shift
Cons
Very unprofessional..gossipy managementteam. Horrible..even in staff room..gossiped about staff.
great job if your not easily flustered by angry customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 January 2017
it can be a great job. if everyone's on the same page and there are clear guidelines set as to policy procedures "and they follow them" it can be a great place. hardest part of the job is maneuvering around the fact that some employees are not on the same page and customers get told different answers to the same questions. also small stores don't always have loss prevention personnel in the store so shoplifting situations can become a scene if workers aren't properly trained.
Productive place to work.
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
Being a front cashier was fun especially getting to know your customers, and meeting new people who would become regulars.
The management is different at various location with their style.
The hardest part of the job was the shift
the most important is the customers and seeing them come back because of customer service.
Cons
late night
Respective Workplace and Fun Environment
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON5 April 2016
I would definitely recommend Shopper's Drug Mart as a place for any one to work. I worked in the Cosmetics department and absolutely loved the benefits and perks to the job! I have to say I did miss seeing those familiar customer faces every day.
Pros
Commission & Sales Incentives
Cons
Hours Not Available
Positive Work Environment
Strong Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Shoppers Drugmart, in my opinion is a very good place to obtain work experience and work with friendly staff. It is a great place to learn how a retail store works and operates on a daily basis. Overall I believe Shoppers Drugmart to have a very positive work environment that is especially great for people with very little experience who would like to earn some. Shoppers Drugmart is a great place to work.
Pros
Job experience, friendly staff, positive work enviroment
Cons
Lack of hours
The potential to earn and to excel in sales is good. The Optimum program is exceptional.
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC30 September 2016
The work atmosphere is fun and coworkers are great. Tools necessary to succeed are provided.
Building client relationships and helping them choose the right products is the most enjoyable part of the job.
The opportunity for advancement doesn't seem to be within reach.
Pros
Good atmosphere, fun coworkers, great product selection
Cons
Late hours, not much room for advancement
Not a good place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I worked for shoppers drug mart in spring gardens halifax for just a few days and stopped due to the supervisor's rudeness...sheldon is his name and he needs to be fired...too rude and lacks supervision skills
Pros
Very rude
Cons
Discrimination towards some of the employees.
i love shopper's
Merhandising Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 January 2016
it's a good place to work and everyone there is so nice and helpful i hope i get a job working within shopper's.
i really hope i get a job with shoppers because i really love doing my co-op placement there
Pros
Room for career advancement, support from management, lots of opportunities for learning, raises if you are performing well, great team
Cons
Not enough constructive feedback given. Hard to know what I need to improve
nice environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
i learned a lot in shoppers, most of the things that i did not encounter in school i learned at my actual job in shoppers. People there are all supportive. The most enjoyable part is helping patient/customers and see their smile.
Pros
helping others
Cons
standing long hours
Great work experience
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
This was a great company to work for I learnt a lot from cash-to Merchandise Manager.
I then worked in the office as a Store tec. coordinator and Acquisition Coordinator.
I enjoyed this job the best as I got to travel and help in training the staff in the new stores.
Built files for the new products and taking over of the source store in Kimberly.
I had to wear a lot of different hats.
Pros
Lots of training and courses offered
Cons
had to be on call 24/7 even on holidays
Too much gossip
cashier/ photo technician/ merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
It's not what u know at shoppers it's who you know. Many of my friends there had lots of managerial experience. Merchandiser kept getting promoted to assistant front store manager. Front store manager was nit nice. Way way to much gossip in that place uggggg
Pros
Good co workers

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location