Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,714 reviews matching the search
Reliable
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 October 2016
This job was a very good first job and was very reliable when I needed something off, or if I needed more shifts. I love the people I work with and made many good relationships with people.
Still need improvement
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 October 2016
In overall Shoppers Drug Mart is good but still need improvement to become leading in the market. During my Job some time i feel lack of professionalism or lack of operational control. Some nights i worked alone despite of heavy flow of work and some time unnecessarily more staff and less work. Most importantly salary is quite low. They must have to introduce special bonus for night shift to motivate staff to continue work with shoppers.
Fun workplace
FULL TIME SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Not bad to work for. Great discounts. Great customers come in every day to experience my great customer service. I love working in the cash office. And on cash
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Too busy
flexible and enjoyable environment
Cosmetician and Beauty and Skin Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
As a beauty expert holding experienced skills in free-lance make up and advanced skin care knowledge, working at Shoppers Drug Mart beauty boutique I held many other duties and responsibilities that assisted in ceaseless work ethic skills.

Learning to set in order and implement policies and standards in a retail business to cultivate corporate goals for our specific team. Acquiring a leadership role in the team improved my interpersonal skills with increasing ability in interaction with both management and co-workers as well as clients in delivering high quality customer service.
Pros
30% off discount on regular priced merchandise
Cons
closing shifts until midnight
Poorly Managed
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
Poorly managed and financial administrator was never at the store and ducking my calls when asked about my vacation pay. No advancement here, also have seen a lot of items taken from other staff such as assistant managers, merchandisers.
Pros
Cons
MANAGER, hours
Typical "Retail" Job
Pharmacy Assistant and Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 October 2016
Overall great enviroment and salary except for the work schedule. Employer does not care to balance personal and work life. Souly about the buisness needs.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Pharmacy Assistant/Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Malton, ON13 October 2016
Excellent place to work at. Energetic environment, no one look's down upon anyone. The Associate is very friendly, encourage everyone to perform to the best of their abilities. Above all a good place to work at.
it was alright
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
a typical day at work was pretty boring
what i learned was not to trust people
management was not good
my coworkers were not friendly and not enjoyable to work with
the hardest park of the job is to be there every day
the most enjobale party of the job was to go home every day
fun working place and and flexible hours if you are going to school
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
I like working for SDM because I can study full time and work at the same time. Employees are very friendly but you may get bad managers. I like my employee discount and i can use it on everything in the stores.
Pros
30% employee discount on everything
Cons
cannot move up
Not applicable
AFSM/Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2016
Very task oriented which takes away from the customer. They want quick movement through the cash, but no service - production line with no service. Pleased to have the job, but it all depends on the management team.
Pros
Secure
Cons
over worked
Busy work
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 October 2016
I work hard and put on a lot of foot work, the store is constantly busy and there is always something to do which I like.
I love working with my co-workers, we are like family. The management could work better together but they are nice people.
Pros
People I work with are great
Cons
Working every weekend
No fairness in work scheduling
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Location of this store is a very high volumed store.
I have learned how to place drug orders , cycle count inventory, deal with doctors, input prescriptions , interact with customers and co-workers , implement my knowledge to others , and dealing with third party billing.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps.
Cons
No opportunity to grow
Friendly atmosphere with great co-workers
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day at work was repetitive, but, somedays were different which would be exciting. I learned A LOT about every aspect of retail operations which i am extremely grateful for. Management in store was great along with an amazing team of co-workers. The hardest challenges were having to always be on top of everything, but that is the most enjoyable part also, knowing I could rise to all challenge.
Pros
Employee Discount Program
Cons
Long hours, very little flexibility.
Great management and good workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON3 October 2016
My typical work day would be going in to stalk shelves or take over the cash. I learned different skills, such as better communications skills. My co-workers were great people to work with. I guess I could say there was no hard part about this job and I enjoyed most of my time working for them.
Pros
Calming
Cons
Rude people
it was good place to work worked well with the hours i needed
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
the staff was friendly and helpful and they worked with me and helped me around the store and worked well with my hours, while i was attending school.
Great team and excellent work environment
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 October 2016
I was in a part time volunteering position, great team, very helpful and willing to provide coaching and advice. Excellent work environment and excellent organization
Pros
Flexible hours
Relaxed and efficient place to work
Part-time Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2016
Nice environment to work in, team work oriented co-workers. Managers are supported and colleagues as well.
As a marketing student, this is a great start for my career in Canada.
Customers' satisfaction always encouraged me to work harder.
The potential to earn and to excel in sales is good. The Optimum program is exceptional.
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC30 September 2016
The work atmosphere is fun and coworkers are great. Tools necessary to succeed are provided.
Building client relationships and helping them choose the right products is the most enjoyable part of the job.
The opportunity for advancement doesn't seem to be within reach.
Pros
Good atmosphere, fun coworkers, great product selection
Cons
Late hours, not much room for advancement
Busy, but organized and well supported by corporate
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS29 September 2016
Corporate office provided us with the best tools and training available to be productive in high volume situations. Lots of opportunity for training in specialized fields (diabetes educator, etc). Yearly conferences for team spirit and updates on new innovations.
Pros
Well managed by corporate, the most up to date tools to practice efficiently and with confidence
Cons
store hours, open until midnight and often return for 8am opening
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.