Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Management is what makes it
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2017
The rate starts at minimum and is fine, and the co-workers are nice and helpful. However, the experience you have depends on the management. The management was pretty bad. While some were okay, the head manager was a pride-driven tyrant that totally flips a work environment. Because of this, the turn-over rate is high and stress leave rates are high. Also, it won't matter how long you work there, being treated as an equal, or even just decently is rare by management. And good luck getting a day off here or there because any requests get denied.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management
A busy, underpaid and often frustrating place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
Generally working in the pharmacy we never really have enough people and hours - it is constantly very, very frustrating and overwhelming. I did have good managers in the store I worked at last, but a previous store had awful management so it is definitely not consistent.
Cons
Long hours and never enough staff hours
nice place to work
Postal Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 October 2017
the staff is pretty nice but isn't much room for advancement in the company. carries a rep for favortizing certain staff members and treating them a certain way
Pros
people are nice
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2017
A typical day for me was I would clock in, count my till and put out the lottery tickets on my cash. I would help customers on cash and assist them with any help they needed. If the store was not busy, I would face the shelves that were near the cash so I could still see if I had a customer. At the end of the day, I would count my lottery tickets that I had sold, count my till to make sure it was even and then clock out. I learned a lot at Shoppers Drug Mart working on cash. Most important thing I learned on cash was efficiency. I always had to make sure the customer was getting their exact change and to do everything with a smile on my face. The hardest part about working at Shoppers Drug Mart was learning about the lottery but I had help from other staff which eventually become easy.
work is casual, good relationship with colleagues
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC6 October 2017
A typical day at work could be describe as following the plan made by others and following said plan. While the work being made can be tedious or monotone, it balances out with good companionship with other colleagues that respect your values and each other. All of this makes the work become a team effort and creates a good work environment.
Short time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
Worked there for a short time while they did renovations.
Nice place to work and enjoyable with fun coworkers.
Great place to gain experience in the workforce.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short contract
Productive and organized workplace
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 October 2017
A typical day working at shoppers, small friendly conversations with the regulars
I learned a lot about orders, buying in bulk, organizing and working with a team, as a team.
The hardest part of the job was standing at the cash register, not being able to sit anywhere or lean when there are no customers. Hard floors
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such good co-workers. People of all different ages, but all very kind to one another and willing to help.
Pros
Discount on products and prescriptions
Cons
Not being able to sit anywhere or have something to lean on
Great work culture!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2017
My coworkers are all very friendly and the management really cares about your well being and that you get the hours you want. They work with my schedule.
Very good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2017
Really nice work environment.
Very good insurance benefits.
The only con I found was the easy clientele since the pharmacy was located in wealthy neighborhood and I prefere a challenging job.
Organized Workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON4 October 2017
Organized and tolerable workplace. Management is normally cooperative and there is room for growth within the store and within the company if you want it.
Cosmetician
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2017
Good place to gain cosmetic experience. Slow pace. A lot of commission is missed due to customers checking out through front cashes. Late night shifts can be annoying when you have an early morning shift the next day
Pros
bonus/commission; relaxed work environment; friendly staff
Cons
shift work; late night shifts; open on holidays
Great Staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2017
The staff are wonderful and most locations I have worked with. Organized work place. The associate do have to follow standard rules but there was always some extra given from the associate to make it a better place.
Interesting to learning about different medications
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 October 2017
Being a pharmacy assistant is probably one of my favourite jobs I've had . Many of the requirements for pharmacy assistants is
. Taking in and reading patients perscriptions
. Identifying the doctors signature
. Making sure you have the right medication
.organaizing the medications and ordering for the pharmacy
. Helping the pharmacist /patients with anything they need
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Low wages
Dead end job
Pharmacy Assistant (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
I have been working for shoppers drug mart on and off for 9 year. There is no room to advance. They do not respect their hard working employees. There is a lot of favoritism with this company and if they do not favor you, you are disposable to them.
Pros
The wages are fair but no bonuses or salary increases
Cons
Favored staff will bully any other staff they do not like and management always believes them
shoppers
Registered Pharmacy Technician, RPhT (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON3 October 2017
this was a very typical pharmacy technician role at a shoppers drug mart in Ontario, Canada. RPHT RPH Pharmacy assistants and cashiers working together.
Started out here
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 October 2017
Good place to start out in community pharmacy. Exposure to lots of different scenarios. Good team. Allowed staff to be autonomous and be responsible for their work.
okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB1 October 2017
job was great i loved my job but manager was nit my favorite person to work with so i had found a new job other than that i enjoyed my job and enjoyed being around the costumers
Pros
always something to do
Cons
management
Shoppers Drug Mart
Cosmetician, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
Shoppers Drug Marts provides great learning opportunities but be prepared to give full availability for evening shifts. Hours are not promised. Great to start your job career.
flexible work and good hours, good people
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC28 September 2017
love working for shoppers, good company to work for. Learned about different products in different brand, good customers and have fun and energy with co workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good hours
very boring
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
standing up. people are rude. customers talk on the phone when you try to communicate with them. never see the manager. location is very dangerous. and small

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.