Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,780 reviews matching the search
good place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 November 2016
I'm helping set up a new shoppers in Kingston Ontario and it has been a great place to work so far. my co-workers are really nice and the management has been really understanding. what i really like about the job so far is how much fun i have with all my co-workers while i'm there.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC8 December 2016
Having the opportunity to coach and train staff for a new location was a great experience. Being able to add value to your team by giving them the gift of knowledge in merchandise, cash handling, supervisor responsibilities, running the photo centre, completing planograms, shipping and receiving.
Pros
Coaching and Training Opportunities
Cons
Long Hours
Terrible management but enjoyed working with makeup.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2016
Loved working as a cosmetician, was able to build a solid clientele and learnt about all kinds of brands by going to (sometimes) paid seminars. Free makeup was cool. Coworkers were nice.

Management was terrible though, not supportive and negative, expected too much and wasn't appreciative. Wasn't treated with respect there by management. Didn't think this company would be that bad, but maybe it was just that store, keep in mind each store is individually owned.
Pros
discount, free makeup, cosmetic experience
Cons
poor management
The potential to earn and to excel in sales is good. The Optimum program is exceptional.
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC30 September 2016
The work atmosphere is fun and coworkers are great. Tools necessary to succeed are provided.
Building client relationships and helping them choose the right products is the most enjoyable part of the job.
The opportunity for advancement doesn't seem to be within reach.
Pros
Good atmosphere, fun coworkers, great product selection
Cons
Late hours, not much room for advancement
Not a good place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I worked for shoppers drug mart in spring gardens halifax for just a few days and stopped due to the supervisor's rudeness...sheldon is his name and he needs to be fired...too rude and lacks supervision skills
Pros
Very rude
Cons
Discrimination towards some of the employees.
Very friendly staff and flexible schedule. Minimal stress, loving regular customers.
Shift Supervisor Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
A typical day of work consisted of regular charismatic approaches of customer service and pleasing all people needing help. Some fast paced hours on the work floor and the rest of time was spent doing merchandising and back room paperwork duties.

Management saw I was a fast learner and were very eager to raise my duty levels to a more advanced area. Left me to find work on my own and feel as though I could bring more leadership to the workplace.

The hardest part of the job would have been some limits to the amount of product for specific customers who had specific skin disorders or pigment issues. But nothing specifically to do with my workplace I was very happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my customers faces as they walk away the rewarding fulfilment of satisfying someone is entirely worth the hours spent finding the perfect products to suit them.
Pros
flexible work schedule, management.
Cons
slow days.
bad managers, great customers and co-workers
I held a supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
team members were awesome but the management was harsh and less than understanding. co-workers would help each other out frequently and overall a pretty pleasant place to work other than the management
Pros
great people, close to home at the time, i felt useful
Cons
management
Postal Clerk
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 December 2016
A unique position within the Shopper's Drug Mart culture. A challenging position with a great team, unique training opportunity to learn the products and services offered by Canada Post.
Pros
Unique learning experiences
Cons
floating hours, inconsistent work week.
Over all good
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Overall good employer. However, the culture of the organization can be improved in many ways. The associate being the owner can make things better or worst for the people; a uniformity across all branches would be good.
Shoppers is great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
Working here while in school was always flexible and often fun, whether it was assisting customers or stocking shelves. The only thing I had trouble with was the under-employment we faced for months at a time, so I had to take on a little extra work. Other than that, the team and management were always supportive and good to work with.
Productive and great workplace with amazing employees
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 August 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart was an exceptional place to co-op at, the work was good, I picked up and improved on many valuable skills and the co-workers and management were even better than I had imagined they could be. The hardest part of the co-op itself was leaving, although the most enjoyable had to be coming in everyday with a positive attitude to see and talk to other people that felt the same way.
Pros
Good hours, good work, good employees, good management
Cons
Sometimes heavy lifting
not a very good company
Overnght Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
not a very good company, pay sucks, and management isnt vey good. worked a few 60 hour work weeks for them to help them out and then got let go, also was jiped on my vacation pay
a good place for new experience
Supervisor (Overnight) (Former Employee) –  North York, ON9 November 2016
fast pacing work. management are doing ok. co workers are helpful.
work requires long standing.. and yes you'll learn to develop relationship with customers having them to be regular. a good place to learn how to offer or promote certain products.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
long standing
Good people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clarkson, ON13 January 2017
Need better wages and more steady hours. Fun to work there on occasion because most people have great attitudes. Customers are like family once you get to know them
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Low wage long hours
Secure job with opportunities for advancement and great people to work with
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB9 January 2017
I enjoy that my job is a completion based job. When I come in, I know what I need to accomplish in that day and unlike the service industry, how busy I am is not necessarily dependent on the number of customers there are. I have been blessed to work with some great people and hard work, for the most part, is duly rewarded. They are also very accommodating with my schedule while I am in school and I try to be just as accommodating in return. I have learned a great deal in my position as an assistant manager and I truly view this leadership position as a way to teach and serve the other employees. I have learned the importance of communication and taking ownership. I have also gained skills in conflict resolution as it pertains to internal relations as well as with customers.
Comfortable, but proffesional
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2017
Store can be very exclusive sometimes, but the joy comes from helping the customers and the employees. I always have a smile on my face, and enjoy the aspect of continuous learning.
Pros
People
Cons
part-time are not entitled to any benefits of importance
good
Full-time staff pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 July 2016
Coworkers are always friendly, and it just a good environment to work in. I really enjoyed my employment with this company. However, no pay raise for the 7 years i worked for the company.
OK place to work at
Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2016
management was not that great to work with. Lots of gossiping & unnecessary drama. Coworkers are very nice people, made the job enjoyable. Hardest part were the occasional difficult customers and standing in the same spot for the entire day, but the rest was quite easy & fun.
Pros
30% off
Cons
management was not the best
nice environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2016
i learned a lot in shoppers, most of the things that i did not encounter in school i learned at my actual job in shoppers. People there are all supportive. The most enjoyable part is helping patient/customers and see their smile.
Pros
helping others
Cons
standing long hours
Enjoyable staff and customers
assistant I (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2016
This company has made many changes throughout my years , they offer great hours for students and anyone wanting part time. They are open very late which for some is great as it is a 24-7 world these days
Pros
Advancement
Cons
expectations

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location