Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,621 reviews matching the search
Great!
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 8, 2016
It was a great working environment. Very great people and was well organized and ran by smart, reliable people to whom you can trust. Over all good experience.
its good
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 8, 2016
All in all great people and great company and culture. One of my best jobs. It was quite fast paced but the people made it easy.
Amazing
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2016
One of the best work experiences i had, the people were amazing, and everyone was so supportive of eachother no matter what. The managment was amazing and cared so much about every employee
Amazing
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONAugust 8, 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, especially this location. Co-workers are amazing, and the owner is an amazing guy, to which is flexible, helps when needed and is an overall good boss. I loved working at shoppers it was a great experience and gave me the skills now that have helped in my career now. I owe this location a lot and can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The hardest part of this job is the public, and drug plans. Like any job customer service is key, and some customers can be harder to deal with than others, but the few bad experiences have been made up for with the other great customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Challenging customers
Stimulating and productive workplace with an excellent team
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 7, 2016
High-volume exciting work environment kept me professionally engaged for the full length of each shift. Incredibly competent staff (in both management and assisting roles) made the demanding workload manageable. Very fair compensation, but minimal job security.
Pros
high-intensity workday is mentally engaging
Cons
minimal job security
Productive and Busy Workplace
Pharmacist Assistant, Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONAugust 7, 2016
A typical day at work includes sorting prescriptions alphabetically and shelving various medicines as well as being the cashier.
Pros
Enjoyable Environment
Cons
Repetitive Work
nice working environment
Responsable, Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QCAugust 5, 2016
I enjoy working at Pharmaprix however there are certain areas on which I do not agree. One of them being the amount of employees that are currently hired. This makes it very difficult to accumulate a lot of hours during each week.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
not enough hours during school breaks
Productive and innovative place to work
Asst. Manager, Pharmacy Category Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
- Company is always striving to work hard at innovating and keeping ahead of the industry
- Great place to work if you want to be in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- There's tons to learn and multiple departments to work within
fun productive environment
Cosmetics merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 4, 2016
this was my first ever job but i had a awesome time working here it was a great place to work loved the friendly, fun but productive environment
Productive friendly environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2016
As a student, I spent 3 months to learn SDM's system and improve my skills during the daily practices. The staff pharmacists professionally helped me to apply my therapeutical and legal acknowledgment too and I appreciate their effort.
I have had a great co-op experience here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONAugust 2, 2016
It was a bit boring for my liking as it was slow at times. If it was a busier location where I could interact more with more people I would have liked it much better.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Very slow
Excellent Location
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Acton, ONJuly 30, 2016
The location I worked for I could not have asked for better people to work with. They were very understanding and compassionate group of people. I will be sad to have to leave them.
Excellent Midnight Hours 10 hours 7 on 7 off
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 29, 2016
Excellent independent work on midnights..super busy store....must be Quick and Accurate On Cash. Always Something to Do...ALWAYS...Do Your Work ...Do Extras..Work Hard..Be Nothing But Professional..don't get involved in gossip....Loved My Job
Pros
30 % off.... Great Shift
Cons
Very unprofessional..gossipy managementteam. Horrible..even in staff room..gossiped about staff.
Excellente expérience
Commis / Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2016
Une endroit très intéressant pour travailler qui m'a permis d'augmenter mon experiencie dans les divers domaines qui sont impliqués dans ce genre d'affaires (service à la clientèle, le marketing, les achats, les commandes, la logistique et les ventes).
Every day is something different
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 26, 2016
Being in a customer service oriented industry, each shift is a new experience and I see new and familiar faces every day. Being a team player is an asset.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
In store galas to plan
Professional work place
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJuly 26, 2016
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the intensity of the work flow but as time progresses, it becomes easier. The best part of the job is that your helping people and that is an amazing feeling.
Productive Fast Paced work place with a great learning experience
Font Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ONJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves me maintaining the stores satisfaction for all employee's and customers, while giving the Manager's a helping hand so our day runs smoothly. I have learned a huge amount of customer service experience from this job, and I've entailed great leadership and organization skills. The easiest part of my job is my co-workers, as they make work a fun place to be. The hardest part of my job is that you have to have good time-management skills in order to be a supervisor, as it's a very fast paced environment with lot's of employee's, and you always want to end your day on a good note knowing the store ran smoothly and your co-workers and customers left the store happy.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
Productivity and friendly work environment
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2016
Enjoying of work with professional group
Learning new skills such as SharePoint exchange Active Directory VM,....
Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Pros
Learning New Skills
Cons
Long Driving
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 24, 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location