Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,240 reviews matching the search
My overall experience was amazing
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
typical day at work didnt feel like work
my manager was amazing and very understanding
co-workers were all great
loved interacting with costumers and helping them with their needs
Pros
long lunches
Cons
little hours
Great place to work enjoyed it
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2017
I really enjoyed working here and believe that they treat me very well, I had consistant hours and was happy with my day to day work. Half way through our store hired a new manager and he began to take hours away and give everybody very spotty schedules. I need a reliable source of income that I wasn't reciving anymore at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Pros
30% Discount, Nice people
Cons
Not- consistant hours
well organised work place
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON16 June 2017
well organised, clear instructions, evryone knows what to do, fast paced, but flexible shifts, good team work, I gained a very good experience from working there
Productive and fun
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB15 June 2017
stocking shelves, help costumers when needed, learned how to order and price items, the management staff was friendly and helped you when needed, most enjoyable part of the day is when you make the costumers day
Decent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Company is supportive of growth and encourages personal as well as professional growth. Decent benefits and a fun place to work. The company is working towards more flexible working hours and better work life balance which is great for employees.
leading pharmacy in the business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
store is focused o health, medical, beauty, eating. not alot of support from head office and not alo of instructions, but overall not a bad place to work
Productive and fun experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2017
Work is very easy and professional.
Management is great and many opportunities. Also great culture and welcoming staff. I learned many things from answering phone calls to filling prescriptions.
Pros
Free lunches
Apprentissage
Commis service a la clientele (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2017
Le dépassement de sois est requis au sein de cette entreprise.
Environnement de travail
Chef Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2017
Meilleur emploi que j'ai pu travailler, la chimie entre employé, le plaisir de venir travailler même si c'est au salaire minimum
pretty good
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 June 2017
There was quite a few repetitive tasks that you would do everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day. Like restocking shelves, and placing and removing talkers which are those little tag things that say the sale price.
Pros
reasonable amount of time for breaks
Cons
gets hot in the backroom if you're going in and out of there a lot

Want to know more about Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?

Ask a question
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
It was very fast pace environment. I did not mind it. The problem was that I did not know I would have my own work out with the equipment. I am very accident prone so I get hurt very much and the work there really affected my health and body. What I enjoyed about the company was the family type of love from the workers. They were great to collaborate and communicate with each other.
Pros
Time goes quick
Cons
Heavy Work
Great place to learn organizational skills
Cashier (handled end of shift money count) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Shoppers have taught me how to merchandise and how to stock. You will learn how to be more personable with your customers. Great with having you learn to count end of day money management as well.
Pros
More freedom in time management
Cons
standing for a long time
Friendly Work Place, No Job Security What-so-ever
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB12 June 2017
Work place is friendly and can be fast paced. Pay can be decent depending on a persons prior experience when going in, especially in regards to anything directly front end.

However the turn over rate in even less than a month after taking on new hires is an atrocity. Seeing people last less than a month after being hired on and being ousted under a loose reason given; especially when the management reviews them as being very positive on the books/in feedback leaves a disheartening sense of security.

Though the work was enjoyable I can say that the training was bare bones at places and very inadequate; to the point where it feels like many being thrown in as new hires are set to fail before they can even grasp the full needed training and knowledge for their position. I would recommend this place for people to shop but employment is honestly a sketchy subject with the abrupt turn overs.

Overall the business is good at a front end surface but there is something going on in the books behind that can leave you fearing for your position there if you really need the work.
Pros
Positive co-workers, friendly management
Cons
Lacking training, very short staffed, Very high turn over in short time, Lack of Job Security, Some staff is actually very passive aggressive, Rift between Front end, Cosmetics staff and pharmacy staff
Good Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2017
A typical day consists of stocking products, carrying out planogram designs and cashing out products to customers. As a beginner, the working process was a great experience..
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 June 2017
The employee discount is amazing. The team there is great and support each other. Company offers a lot of learning opportunities and pay is very reasonable as well.
Great Job
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 June 2017
Great place to work, staff are always friendly, management very hardworking. Good salary with good health benefits, overall Great place to work in the long run.
Supervisor (part time) (Current Employee) –  9980 Dufferine st. maple ON11 June 2017
i love the management, the managers/stuff were very helpful to guid me through everything,/each section/ aisle as i was new & didn't know what product can be found in which aisle.
Cons
not enough hours
Hard work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 June 2017
Every store will have a different environment as they are independently owned. You will find some store more engaged then others. Some store more supportive, others not so much.
Good workplace
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Amazing management and good work experience both with Post office and Shoppers Drug Mart. Requires experience to get the hand of it. Customers are pleasant and the job itself is enjoyable.
Great place for those who are interested in pharmaceuticals
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
It is a very productive job so you'll get lots of experience and you get new skills from it. You learn about the importance of customer service as well as it is great for those interested in medicine. You get to do lots of administrative duties on the daily and it's important to pay attention to detail as messing up can be very crucial.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
Pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location