Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,352 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON25 August 2017
All the ladies I worked with at Shoppers were all so wonderful and such unique individuals. The customer service at shoppers is definitely a positive experience.
Pros
We got to wear pyjamas on Christmas when the store was open
Cons
The store was open on Christmas
Great place to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE/POST-OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 August 2017
It is a great place to work.The only struggle is to get a permanent full time position and they don't pay very good.But overall it is a good place to work.
Excellent
Store Administrator/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 August 2017
It is a wonderful environment. I am very grateful for the opportunity to work here with my staff and patients.

Health care is a difficult job and not for everyone, but if it's your passion, then Shoppers is wonderful. Great benefits, great employee discount.
Productive, high paced environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 August 2017
Mostly consisted of phone calls, filing, and filling prescriptions. Management and Co-workers were very good and informative. Hardest part is dealing with aggressive customers.
Pros
Great
bad
Great Place for students
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2017
Great place for students needing to get some money to get themselves by during the school year. lots of friendly people work at shoppers drug mart, i always felt welcomed there.
Always something new to be learning
Cosmetician/Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2017
Always new changes and updates in the system from head office so we are constantly learning more and adding other tasks to the job description, the day goes by quickly with a constant work flow to keep us busy.
Pros
Commission on cosmetic sales and great coworkers
Cons
Not very accommodating to long time employees and dont usually hace a set schedule
Overall bad management
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Hinton23 August 2017
Worked in cosmetics. Not trained at all, was told 'just pretend you know what you're doing' by cosmetics manager. Store manager was never any help and was generally unfriendly and seemed bothered whenever I was told by cosmetics manager to ask her for help. Have to do 90+ hours of online training on your own time without being paid for it. Was encouraged to start shifts early (without being paid for it). Encouraged to basically harass customers to sign up for optimum card and get scolded if you don't get the minimum required sign ups every week.
management
Post Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2017
At the Shoppers I work at I love my Job with my clients whom I have a strong loyal clientele list . There are some amazing and fantastic people out there.We have an inexperience store manager whom many clash with hence why I am looking for another job . They offer great dental and prescription package..
Pros
benefit package
Cons
optimum card with a good discount
starter first job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON22 August 2017
shoppers was a good place to go to as a first job, i learned alot but noticed i had to go work other places if i wanted to expand, the environment with customer was amazing but between employees the environment was horrible, very negative and if you weren't liked or family to other workers they would pick every little thing you did wrong or forgot, they also treat you like you are a baby and have no idea to do simple tasks.
Pros
good pay, amazing manager
Cons
other coworkers/ negative work environment
productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  toronto CA21 August 2017
I worked for many years, went through many positive changes. Iti is a good company, flexible.We had many job growth opportunities. well located, good atmosphere
Busy environment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart has been a great experience. I am only choosing to leave to find a job that requires less evening and weekend hours. Would have preferred to have more hours available for scheduling.
Enjoyable!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 August 2017
I loved working for Shoppers Drug Mart. I always say they made me a strong cashier. You work hard and the bonus is you feel great because of it. We did a fantastic job our team!
Pros
Hard work, acknowledgements
Fun with few problems
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 August 2017
Overall a great place to work, had very few problems while working at Shoppers Drug mart. I learned a lot while working there how to be an efficient team member, and how to handle various problems when they arise. I was also thoroughly cross trained as a merchandiser, cashier,receiver,customer service rep, and digital technician. Management was always fair and friendly. The hardest part of the job was time management/trying to get assigned/daily tasks done when the store was busy all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, I met all sorts of amazing people both staff wise and customer wise.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Difficult customers sometimes coupled with a busy day is very draining
nice place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2017
It was great experience over there. I like the place because staff is very helpfull and polite. No stress over the work. Friendly Enviroment. It was nice experience.
A great working environment !
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 August 2017
I worked at this location at Shoppers Drug Mart in Thunder Bay for 23 years , which does say a lot for the company . There are many many long term employees working within the company still. Shoppers Drug Mart places high value on customer service. The management and corporate is very supportive with their training and you will always be learning to succeed and thrive with your job. Always updating learning materials with all the cosmetic lines. A very friendly and fun environment . Treated extremely well by the associate , corporate and staff. We worked as a team and I always stayed positive with any new challenges. . Got to love cosmetics and have that special flare with the customer. This is a great company to work for. And yup, you bet I would do it all over again !
Pros
Best company to work for..
Awful work experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 August 2017
I've worked for shoppers for many years and worked my way into the pharmacy. I was there for 7 years and the wages were horrible for the work that had to be done. The system they use for the pharamacy was absolutely atrocious and went down countless times. The management is very poor and didn't seem to care about the stress of employees who had to deal with issues with the system everyday. The location in which I worked in lost a great deal of customers due to technical errors. Overall awful and stressful working experience.
Cons
Low wages, stress
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 August 2017
Great staff. Fun place to work. Good teamwork, Highly recommend. Well organized. Excellent work environment. Close to home. Great customers. I highly recommend this store as a starter job for youth and adults alike. Thank you.
it was a fun place to do my co-op
Retail Sales Associate Cosmetic Department (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON17 August 2017
i did my co-op here and i really enjoyed it i learned some much. and i got to help people pick up the right make-up that worked with them. i also had to follow some girls to maker sure that they were not stealing from the store.
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 August 2017
The Benefits, RRSP's etc for full time employees is very good. The employee training and online schools are very good for product knowledge, company policies and help the new employees understand the company and the products it has to offer.
Too big for me
RETAIL ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
A decent organization to work for but typical levels of bureaucracy which are heard to avoid in such large organizations.

I was very junior owner worked or invest such of the work repetitive and mundane.
Pros
good potential for advancement
Cons
Corporate culture typical of a large firm

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval