Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,112 reviews matching the search
Family
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2017
working at shoppers was a great experience, everyone was like family to me. it was truly an experience i will remember forever, and was the best decision ive made
great store with even better staff
Merchandiser/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2017
With this job I learned how to receive merchandise as well as learned how to be a cashier. Being a merchandiser i needed both of this skills to complete my daily tasks, which included receiving milk and pop.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Good workplace, bad training
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 May 2017
It could have had a lot better training. There is a lot of favouritism there. Very stubborn and rude manager at my location. But there is a good opportunity for growth and promotion there.
Nice experience
Cooperative Education Student (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
It was a perfect place for a Coop student. It provided me with a first look into the work experience. I was offered a job after my coop class, but I declined for personal reasons.
Loved working here
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
I worked here for a couple years. I learned a lot and got along well with others. I opened and closed the store. I would recommends this company to anyone who would like to work retail. Your always busy and never left without anything to do.
Good introductory job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON5 May 2017
The environment shoppers provides is good for an entry level job. The management really determines you experience there. However, the company itself overall is a good place to work.
straight forward job with safe and self-fulfilling atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 May 2017
Considering my short experience in different parts of a shoppers drug mart store, I would highly recommend this place for people looking for a safe, fun, and friendly environment to work in. I highly recommend this place to people willing to build up their resume. Although, there is little to no room for advancements. Therefore, I do not suggest this place to people willing to advance in their job and make big changes in their environment.
Pros
flexible, friendly staff
Cons
boring
friendly environment
Cashier/ Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON4 May 2017
management was good
many different areas to work in such as, post office, cash, cosmetics, pharmacy, supervisor, and merchandiser
very friendly coworkers
Pros
good environment
Cons
scheduling
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2017
Was a great company to work but went out of business owner was good learned a lot I the company wish the company was still in business owner was nice and good place to work
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not alot of contracts
Strong Teamwork, with great communication between staff
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 May 2017
I have been employed here for nearly 5 years, and I have enjoyed it overall. This store has provided me with new skills such as retail, conflict management and communication skills.
great job, terrible management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 May 2017
when it come to the actual duties of the job, i loved working for this company. The customers are always my favorite part of any job! The management was garbage, Constantly demanding feedback and than punishing you for giving it, putting you in a position of power without giving you any of the tools you need to properly do your job and than punishing you for it. i love the company but i would never work at this one location again.
Pros
optimum points
Cons
bad management
productive fun hardworking
Customer Service/Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2017
Working at Pharmaprix was a great experience i enjoyed working with the team, we we're treated more like a family then an employe, my experience working in the cosmetic was so much fun i enjoyed getting into work every day. I learned so much and was looking forward to learning so much more. the hardest part about my job was we had some difficult customers but other then that everything went smooth.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Change of management
student/worker
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON3 May 2017
I was first there as a student, than done school, I was working there full time, it was close to my home, I had a set schedule new ahead of time when I was off.
great workplace
Cashier & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  1221 Weber Street East3 May 2017
I loved working at shoppers drug mart. Everyone was nice while I was working their. Good place to work.
Friendly staff. Always something to do when working their.
environement agreable
RESPONSABLE CAISSE (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC3 May 2017
ouverture des caisses, compter le coffre, verifier les promo du jour, s'assurer de la rotation des caissiere
Pros
bonne environement
Cons
horraire tres variabe
Good workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
Shopper's Drug Mart has been a great working experience which has helped me improve on many skills that have been useful in other areas of my life. I have learned a lot about how a business operates, how to communicate effectively with customers, and I have developed a very good work ethic due this job. I enjoy working there, however I am looking to grow as an individual, and need a job which will pay more than minimum wage.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Low pay
Easy going workplace, that tended to be quite boring
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
Working at shoppers was easy going and not difficult, but I found the hours dragged on sometimes. The staff respected me as another worker and I enjoyed my time with them
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
A typical day at work is enjoyable and friendly, and I learned how to deal with several types of transactions with customers. The management was great, workplace was also friendly and peaceful, there was not really a hard part of the job, and the most enjoyable part was to serve customers and meet their needs with a smile.
Pros
Long lunchbreaks
Can be a fun place to work.
POSTAL MANAGER / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2017
Great company for young people starting out or for those looking to take on less responsibilities. Shoppers Drug Mart is well managed and the people are friendly.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 May 2017
I liked my job at shoppers. Good place to work. Long, late hours, but still enjoyed it more than any other job I've had. Not too labour intensive. Staff were enjoyable too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval