Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,021 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace filled with nice people
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2017
Working in the beauty boutique is amazing. I love all my co-workers and enjoy every shift I work. I've learned a lot through the thorough training I received and continue to learn new things everyday.
Mostly good people. Was harrassed by store manager but he got fired for it
SHIPPER RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 April 2017
I enjoyed my time at shoppers. The store manager at the time harrassed me but the other managers were quick to defend me and he got fired. Very supportive environment. I only left because i couldnt afford to work minimum wage anymore.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 April 2017
Amount of work assigned was fair. Work culture was engaging and motivating. I enjoyed meeting my employees and they were extremely welcoming and helpful.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Good place to work if you're looking for a part time and or temporary job.
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL9 April 2017
As with most organizations, there are always personality conflicts and we can't love all our supervisors. One supervisor in particular was judgemental and stereo-typed people, very difficult to get along with.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Customers that steel
Good work environment for individuals just starting in the pharmacy industry
Co-op Pharmacy Technician Placement (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2017
I worked at the shoppers for a month. While I was there, I was taught so many things in such a short amount of time.Now that will be different for other people because I was there for placement but never the less; it would be a good experience for anyone working there.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
N/A
Shoppers
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 April 2017
Hated management after a while. Was bullied. Often felt like I had no one to talk to. Overall liked working for the company in the beginning but near the end I was happy to leave.
Its an okay job
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 April 2017
Not bad. Management not the best. Too much drama. Was a great place at the beginning but it takes its toll on you. They expect to much and don't compensate you for what you do manage to do or how well you do your job.
The Worst Job I've Ever Had
Cosmetics Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2017
This is the worst place I've ever worked. It's a thankless job and the owner of the branch I was working was incredibly rude/selfish. Myself and two others left at the same time due to poor working conditions.
Retail
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  toronto6 April 2017
Solid retail job, Probably the best retail employer that I have worked for. Encourages employees to advance within the company. Good company culture..
Retail Pharmacy work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  High River, AB6 April 2017
Very busy and understaffed usually. Some flexibility in hours. Most days spent filling prescriptions and putting away drugs. Compensation okay, less than competitors.
Poor management and employee satisfaction
FULL TIME POST OFFICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
Incompetent manager. Frequently had to approach the manager to correct paystub. Lack of interest towards employees' interest. No managerial skills, but very bossy.
been a while
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 April 2017
Great customers, always a pleasure to serve them. Staff was nice, and overall people were friendly

The hours could be long but always something to do
Awesome Atmosphere
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 April 2017
The management at the location that I work at it great!They always value our feedback and really try to accommodate all of us. Management tries to encourage us to reach our fullest potential, and understand that life gets in the way sometimes. They are not afraid to show their appreciation towards you - in fact, you're very frequently rewarded for the good work that you do, or for going the extra mile.
Friendly staff
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 April 2017
Serve customers, handle OLG products, responsible for cash. Honed customer service and interpersonal skills. Learned about many products that store had in stock
Pros
Generous discount for employees
part time job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON5 April 2017
At Shoppers Drug Mart i was a merchandiser. as i was a co-op student during the day and employee after school hours were over i was working long days with little rest in between.
Workplace
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON4 April 2017
Work with great people, but not much opportunity to move up in the company. I have appreciated and enjoyed my opportunities here, but hope to do more moving forward.
I have not much to say
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  toronto,on4 April 2017
Personally most out patient community pharmacys don't pay well or provide their employees with vacation time and proper benefits if u get the ones that do your lucky but this is not my type of environment to work in however you get amazing staff to work with to make your day better. Working with public can be demanding so if you cant handle that this is not the job for you
Pros
fun staff, shoppers discounts
Cons
short lunches, no benefits, no time off except days off, pay is terrible
Great coworkers but that's about it
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON4 April 2017
Position was ok. Coworkers were friendly. A lot of additional expectations but not paid extra. Expected to attend information sessions about new products but not paid for additional time. Expected to perform additional services ex applying false eyelashes not paid extra
Pros
free and discounted products
Cons
disorganization and management
Easy-going, great for starting employment or part-time work.
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
At my locations most days are slow, and you occasionally get a rude customer, but overall it is a job that doesn't require you to put a huge amount of effort into it in order to get back. If you like what you do, it is a rewarding job.
Amazing coworkers and flexible hours
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC3 April 2017
Great work environment. Coworkers were great to work with and made the job enjoyable. A little bit higher stress during the job, but overall very manageable. I learned great interpersonal skills and stress management skills during my three years with Shoppers, and I'm very thankful for the job I had there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval