Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,716 reviews matching the search
Amazing
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON8 August 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, especially this location. Co-workers are amazing, and the owner is an amazing guy, to which is flexible, helps when needed and is an overall good boss. I loved working at shoppers it was a great experience and gave me the skills now that have helped in my career now. I owe this location a lot and can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The hardest part of this job is the public, and drug plans. Like any job customer service is key, and some customers can be harder to deal with than others, but the few bad experiences have been made up for with the other great customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Challenging customers
No fairness in work scheduling
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
Location of this store is a very high volumed store.
I have learned how to place drug orders , cycle count inventory, deal with doctors, input prescriptions , interact with customers and co-workers , implement my knowledge to others , and dealing with third party billing.
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps.
Cons
No opportunity to grow
People are very helpful and fun to work with
Customer Service Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2016
Every day you have to complete a task but then you get faced with new challenges. It's very exciting.

If I work in them morning, it's low stock. In the afternoon it's bulk and/or we have to put out the order. On top of that there is a bunch of other tasks we have to complete so every day is not the same. And every so often, I get called as a cashier if they need me.

I learnt how to manage my time more efficiently, prioritize, problem solve effectively, deal with customer issues, train new employees, use the database, point of sales system and the portable data terminal.

The people I work with makes the job much more enjoyable. I've made long lasting friendships here. Everyone is so kind and friendly so the long hours feels like a breeze.
Pros
Free lunches, discount, take home damages
Cons
long hours, everchanging schedule
Great place to work with enjoyable people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2016
A typical day will include stocking shelves, organizing inventory, helping customers find products, sometimes putting up talkers for items on sale or doing signs, also it is common to be switching around ends or adjusting planograms. This is a great place to work management and co-workers are very pleasant.
Great management and good workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON3 October 2016
My typical work day would be going in to stalk shelves or take over the cash. I learned different skills, such as better communications skills. My co-workers were great people to work with. I guess I could say there was no hard part about this job and I enjoyed most of my time working for them.
Pros
Calming
Cons
Rude people
Co-op position
Co-op through OCAPDD (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2016
I worked as a Co-op employee and didn't get paid for the experience. The term was short. I learned to rotate stock and kept the shelves stocked. The store is located at Carling Avenue across from Carlingwood Shopping Centre. I live in Orleans and had to take three buses to get to the position. I worked hard and hoped to be hired but was not.
Cons
short term co-op position
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Assessed customers with selections of cosmetic products
Demonstrated and info customers of proper use makeup applications
Recommended skin care products suitable for skin type
Pros
Shopper's Drug Mart has a Pharmacy, Cosmetics department and a Groceries area.
Cons
Opens until 12 or 24 hours
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
bad managers, great customers and co-workers
I held a supervisor/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2016
team members were awesome but the management was harsh and less than understanding. co-workers would help each other out frequently and overall a pretty pleasant place to work other than the management
Pros
great people, close to home at the time, i felt useful
Cons
management
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB22 July 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
OK place to work at
Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2016
management was not that great to work with. Lots of gossiping & unnecessary drama. Coworkers are very nice people, made the job enjoyable. Hardest part were the occasional difficult customers and standing in the same spot for the entire day, but the rest was quite easy & fun.
Pros
30% off
Cons
management was not the best
Stimulating and productive workplace with an excellent team
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 August 2016
High-volume exciting work environment kept me professionally engaged for the full length of each shift. Incredibly competent staff (in both management and assisting roles) made the demanding workload manageable. Very fair compensation, but minimal job security.
Pros
high-intensity workday is mentally engaging
Cons
minimal job security
Fun and fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 August 2016
I really enjoyed working at Walmart down in New BrunswickI enjoyed being cashier customer service dealing with the public I met a lot of people. My bosses were good to me considering that I was from Montreal do try to accommodate me and everything that was great the generosity and warmth I felt from my employees
Pros
Shopping
Cons
Rude people
A Very Productive and efficient workplace which respects its employees and helps solve problems quickly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
It is a very easy to work in environment. For new employees it is easy settle in and easy to learn the job. The management respects you and is always there when required in need. The benefits are great and hours are flexible to your needs.
Great Place to start off
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2016
Great part time and full time opportunities. Best part of my day was the customers! They always brought me to giggles. Such amazing people to work for. The toughest part is HQ placing more and more pressure on us in such a negative way. Managers are under paid for what they are expected to do.
Looks good on the outside but.....
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 September 2016
You are the owner of many hats so your day is never dull. Depending on which store you work at it can be a family atmosphere. The hardest part is Head Office either likes you or doesn't like you regardless of performance so your job is always hanging in the balance.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long unpaid hours
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Working at shoppers was a great experience for me , Everyday i was learning something new , the hard part of the day was dealing with rude customers sometimes , working with my co-workers was fun they were all nice & fun as well , when break time would come and i would get to know the people i work with better
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Keswick shoppers drug mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON18 July 2016
Started off as a nice place to work. The training wasn't very helpful, you have to kind of pick things up along the way. There was times were you'd get in trouble for not knowing something you were never taught.
I enjoyed working with certain people. Some were very kind and helpful, but I couldn't go to the management for anything because a lot of them were bullies.
The actual owner of the store is nice but I don't think they're aware of how the management treats people, especially young people.
A lot of people bail on shifts and never got in trouble but if young kids had a legit reason they couldn't come in even emergency situations they'd get in trouble.
Pros
The actual store is nice, clean and organized
Cons
Management is full of bullies
fun working place and and flexible hours if you are going to school
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
I like working for SDM because I can study full time and work at the same time. Employees are very friendly but you may get bad managers. I like my employee discount and i can use it on everything in the stores.
Pros
30% employee discount on everything
Cons
cannot move up
Productive Day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
busy throughout the day, The most enjoyable part of the day is when customers ask where the can find the item they are looking for. The hardest part of the day is unloading and loading the trucks with the dairy products, Working at shoppers drug mart was very good i enjoyed it sadly it was just a summer job.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
N/a

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location