Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,534 reviews matching the search
My experience wasn't the best at Shoppers Drugmart.
Part time Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 22, 2015
The management needed to be tighter and follow through with duties, and recognize and reward hard working employees. A typical day at work would require facing products, dusting and washing counters, counting stock and re stocking, trying to do makeup applications on people to let them see how the products work and feel to promote sales and to sell as much as you could to meet the sales goals. The hardest part of the job was the continuous long closing shift with absolutely nothing to do by the end. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting a really nice customer who bought a lot and listened to your professional advice.
Cons
Shoppers 3940 innes road..
Cashier / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONDecember 3, 2015
OK work place with very strict dress code. Since that specific store was very strict I learned to do very quick and efficient work. Wasn't the best experience honestly because of the staff, especially management. As for the (very over worked) co-workers they were very nice and fun and I learned a lot from them. The hardest past of the job must have been the very long hours since they purposely booked me every Friday closing shift (4 to midnight) for a whole month and a half. My social life was undeniably not present. But i think the most enjoyable moment of the job was the breaks since you didn't stop working HARD for very long periods of time. Also, the management sometimes forgot or never gave me some of my breaks...Have fun!
Pros
Breaks
challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  burlington, onOctober 14, 2015
shoppers was a decent employer to work for, but, unfortunately upward mobility was limited within the company and therefore, I am looking for a career change with appropriate compensation for a hard day's work.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
poor pay
over all good
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  windsor ONOctober 15, 2015
I am over all pleased with Shoppers Drug Mart. I enjoy working with my fellow employees and I am familiar with many of our customers and enjoy the interaction. I'm not overly impressed with benefits and salary is hard to singly support a family on. Over all though I am happy within the company, the way its run and its practices
Enjoyable work place, great staff
Beauty Expert (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I learned to provide expertise in product information, advising and guiding customer on beauty products, services and promotions, due to my continuous contributions in attending training sessions regularly, and my proven knowledge of various beauty products and services available, whilst working on commission based sales without compromising my exceptional customer service

I managed to build valuable relationships with my manager as well as my co-workers. I enjoy working with others and learning new things. It is difficult for me to identify the hardest part of the job because I do not view work place tasks on a scale of "easy to hard", I view them as a challenge and a learning experience. This makes the job and the task more enjoyable, rather than difficult.
Pros
Good hours, off-site trainings, free products
Cons
Recently been given less hours
fun and respectable workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of re-stocking products as well as helping customers on the floor; whether it be where things are or they needed help carrying products to their vehicles. The job taught you to be time efficient. You had to manage your time properly between tasks and make sure that everything was completed both neatly and properly by midnight. The workers there were respectful, fun, and hardworking. You would enjoy going to work because you had great people you would work with that are also hard working and help get things done on schedule. There was really no hard aspect to the job, if once in a while anything that was troublesome came up; there was always someone that could assist you with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, they were a great bunch to be around
Pros
Discounts
Cons
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 11, 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
productive, structured
Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Peace RiverFebruary 13, 2016
This job was a learning curve for me in dealing with self criticism. I was too hard on myself when something didn't go right for me and it would throw me off balance. I had to learn that just because it didn't work the way I did it, didn't mean it couldn't be done. I learned how to save face with co-workers and I disagreed. This job failed me in some respect because, I found there wasn't much support at the store level, and, at the time, I didn't understand how to let that go and just get my work done and go home. I found in some cases management used their status to get pushy instead of just asking for something or being direct about what they wanted accomplished.
Pros
loved receiving, liked getting the packages and organizing them
Cons
management style
Keswick shoppers drug mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 18, 2016
Started off as a nice place to work. The training wasn't very helpful, you have to kind of pick things up along the way. There was times were you'd get in trouble for not knowing something you were never taught.
I enjoyed working with certain people. Some were very kind and helpful, but I couldn't go to the management for anything because a lot of them were bullies.
The actual owner of the store is nice but I don't think they're aware of how the management treats people, especially young people.
A lot of people bail on shifts and never got in trouble but if young kids had a legit reason they couldn't come in even emergency situations they'd get in trouble.
Pros
The actual store is nice, clean and organized
Cons
Management is full of bullies
Interesting and busy work environment
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ONJune 24, 2016
Working at Shopperrs involved a lot of customer service and retail experience. It involved being accurate and quick and organized.
I learned a lot of new programs and a lot about managing staff,
Working with staff at Shoppers was a great deal of fun and we had an awesome team and I was the activity director.
Dealing with difficult customers can be hard but very satisfying. You learn to have great skills in problem solving,
The hardest part of the job was at Christmas time when we swamped and you needed patience, organization, friendliness and accuracy. I did not enjoy working with the corporate office regarding post office matters as it took a long time to resolve issues between Canada Post and Shoppers Corporate.
Overall I loved my job, my customers and my staff. We were a hard working bunch and regret very much having to leave this position.
Pros
staff
Cons
issues between Canada Post and Corporate
Great place to work with a very friendly culture
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Shoppers is a great job for a student who requires flexibility with regards to scheduling. At my location the management was excellent and everyone was very friendly. I made some good friends working at shoppers. I also improved my customer service skills, and eventually earned a promotion. There is room for advancement for those who try hard and focus on what they are doing. The hardest part of any retail job is the occasional difficult customer. Thankfully at shoppers the management was very respectful to the employees and would not always side with the customer. My co-workers were excellent and everyone got along very well. The best aspect of this job was the workplace culture.
Pros
Work with many great people
This job has procedures and protocols to follow.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ONMay 26, 2016
I really love working for Shoppers Drug Mart as they have very clear and specific protocols and procedures. A typical day at work is serving our customers, who are mostly sick when they come to see us with their new prescriptions. I have learned to work on the Healthwatch program and I have become more comfortable with it. The team is very supportive and are always willing to answer my questions without making me feel akward. The management is very interested in knowing how the employees feel and if we have any issues, we are welcomed to talk the management fairly early to discuss the issue. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients when they are vulnerable but the most enjoyable part is seing leave the store reassured and confident that we can have them feel better when they leave.
Pros
Amazing place to work and feel supported
Cons
For my situation now, I can't get a full time job.
ok place to work
Beauty Expert/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONSeptember 15, 2015
coworkers great management ok not easy to advance! hard on the feet and back. work really hard with no incentive or praise. I didn' learn a lot because my training was not excelled. stand and greet customers all day dust and clean.
Productive work environment with a flexible schedule
Certified Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I worked in the cosmetics dept, and I LOVED it. I really enjoyed helping customers and I felt like I was building women's confidence in themselves when doing a makeover, or giving them beauty advice.
I had always had an excellent manager, who was always professional, an excellent source of information about product and or of the company itself.
I worked completely on my own and I enjoyed that very much. There was no gossip as we each had to remain in our own sections of the store at all times.
This was a great strategy for preventing product loss, and building sales to be there for every customer. It was also a great way to keep employees separated from gossip or creating any other inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Would I work there again? YES!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
open till midnight, too late
Productive and a fun work place filled with like minded people in order to achieve the same goal
Front Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a great learning experience, a typical day as a front store cashier was making sure I greeted customers and assisted them with whatever it may be and keeping up an overall friendly work environment with great customer service, at the end of the night I would be responsible for making sure my till was well counted and everything was accessible for next use. I learned how to multi-task by being able to up keep a conversation with the customer to make sure they found everything alright and to be able to quickly and efficiently check them out. Management was great all the managers and supervisors were very helpful and nice and all of the co-workers got along great. Working at Shippers Drug Mart was a very good learning experience especially being able to work in an environment where the co-workers got along.
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 22, 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work. Loved my job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 30, 2016
Loved to work at Shoppers Drug Mart in Halifax. Really enjoyed working with the staff there. The customers were great. I made many friends while working at Shoppers. Management was excellent. I was so surprised in the difference in how the operations were conducted at the Alberta store I worked at after leaving Halifax to be with family in Alberta. The staff were excellent to work with but management were a little stand offish. One manager being very rude. Just before my 3 month probation period was up the manager called me at home and said they were not going to keep me on as a full time employee. He said I was a very nice woman and that I was great with the other staff and with the customers. My cash was never short so I could not understand why I was being let go. I asked him why but he would not say. Needless to say my experience with working at Shoppers in Alberta was not as wonderful as in Halifax.
Pros
Excellent staff and management in Halifax.
Pharmacy Technician
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  4841 yonge stApril 8, 2016
- I manage all the blister pack patient including, preparing medications, billing, recording, changing medications, and delivery.
In the morning I make blister packs for 2 hours, and bill every Monday.
I learned a lot of information and role of pharmacy technician such as, dealing with insurance companies, communicate with patient also the doctor for information changes, entering, filling, packaging prescription. All my co-workers are hard worker as me, we all try hard to be successful in pharmacy plus maintain our high reputation.
The hardest part of job is I'm the main person to do deal with all blister pack patient, and not many co-works does not know how to deal with blister pack inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet customers daily, helping customers to meet their demand is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
shoppers employee discount
Cons
short hours
Friendly co-workers and clean environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart involved a lot of customer interaction and constantly moving around. I learned how to manage and satisfy different types of customers, as well as enjoyed the friendly environment I worked in because of my manager and co-workers. The management was almost always flexible and understanding which helped the environment have low amounts stress and tension. However, the hardest part of the job were those days where the minimal amount of employees were not working and too much responsibility was put on each of those working. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a little bit about each customer and being able to interact with regular customers every week.
Pros
flexible hours
A good company undergoing many changes
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
The workload and assignments are not evenly distributed. It's often a case of feast or famine. Work gets done despite inefficiencies which is ultimately rewarding. Career advancement is limited at best. The best part of the job is the people. The family culture is still evident from the early days.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location