Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,122 reviews matching the search
Good experience for a first job.
Post office clerk and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2017
Had my first job experience. It was relax and casual, and taught me a little about the would of work. Had good work colleagues, that were respectful and helpful.
Pros
good for a first job
Cons
Always doing the same tasks
An excellent company to work for
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nelson, BC21 May 2017
Workplace culture is top notch and management staff are always approachable. My position is self starting and I can match my hours worked to personal time. I was able to reorganize the work load to suit personal time.
Nice and cool people
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 May 2017
Most of the people who work here are nice but some of them still need to learn how to have patience with customers and employees that work/shop there.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Rats and Mice
Tense and uptight environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 May 2017
The job was relatively predictable and customers were generally nice. Management of the workplace at my location was a little uptight and made the job unenjoyable.
Informative, useful, yet boring
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart really gave me an idea as to what a Pharmacist does. I am fortunate and grateful to have this experience and I would recommend it to anyone. The people I worked with were amazing but the experience wasn't all roses and sunshine. At the end of my shift, I wanted to gouge my eyes out. It is so boring and tiresome. It made me realize that I really needed to go for a job that I actually like instead of one with good pay. It really isn't worth all the hard work you have to go through in University. I would recommend it to anyone, so they too can learn this lesson that I have learned.
Location makes the difference
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 May 2017
The location I worked at was pretty decently managed. The owner was unable to run her store properly, so management was required to pick up her slack. Unfortunately management turn over was high and thus people who shouldn't be in management were promoted, making work life rather difficult for others who knew their jobs and their place. Benefits were alright, pay was poor.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Bad Ownership
great atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON19 May 2017
coworkers super friendly managers a little on edge most of the time, pay was low compared to what was expected. super dusty place not good if you have allergies.
Pros
great coworkers, discounts on medication
Cons
long hours, managers
High stress environment
Cosmetician/ sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
A typical day would consist of cashing out customers through the till, and consulting customers about our products. I learned that sales reflect how well you interact with the customer and make their shopping experience memorable. The hardest part of the job was the size of the department, it is difficult having to be helping customers, working the till and fixing the department all at once. The most rewarding part of the job was getting to meet new people, and connect with the regular customers.
benefits
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
the benefits would be nice to have for all of the employees, right now I've been working for shoppers for five years i have seen a lot of people leave do to they not being able to have benefits.
wouldn't recommend for long term.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 May 2017
I worked at TWO different stores and the management at both were ultimately reasons I left. They make promises about you being able to advance and you never do.
It's a fun and easy job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
This is by far the easiest job and the best job I got so far.
Doing my job routine is an easy thing to do, All i have to do is to make sure that I use my time wisely and do my job properly
Pros
Very nice and friendly workers
Cons
cant think of any cons
Heritage dr.
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2017
I had alot of issues being an employee at the location of Shopper's i worked in. All the supervising staff, was always rude to me, didn't treat me with the same respect as everyone else.
Pros
Cons
Being constantly glared at for no reason from the manager of the store and every other supervisor
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
Great place to work filled with fun people. Not micro-managed and very relaxed environment to work in. Constantly busy so be prepared for long hours on your feet and answering lots of questions.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Typical retail environment
Key Holder/Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2017
Large volume and fast paced retail environment. Enjoyed my position here for the most part. Nice group of co-workers. Realized after I was trained as a supervisor that there was little to no opportunity to advance with this company.
Cons
Little to no opportunity for advancement
Just like any other pharmacy I have been in. Just has a different computer system.
Training for Shoppers Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 May 2017
I received training as an assistant technician. This pharmacy is different than the rest because they processed to do things in different ways. Additionally, their computer system is different and specific to only Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacies. My tasks included filling prescriptions and docetts, filing (files) and interacting with patients.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No cons
Low Pay
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2017
A starter Job but no career path. Some colleagues are friendly. Some horrible. Entry level pay and no pay raise at all for couple of years. It is not recommend to stay for too long
Good place to work and learn experience
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 May 2017
Working for Shoppers is good experience for anyone who is starting off to gain some new experience. Shoppers personally is currently one of the best retail stores to work at as you can have a lot of one on one with the management to talk about your learning curve.
A productive and fun workplace.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2017
The culture is amazing and carefree; everybody is nice and the management is nice and always willing to better your work-life balance. And I learned to better my customer service skills.
Both the hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. Customers can be great and customers can be horrible in any retail job.
A typical day could include time on the cashier, and if your were the back-up, helping with stock and on the floor and helping in the photo centre.
This was the best job i ever had
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 May 2017
This was my favorite all time job, staff and coworkers were awesome. The customers in the area were in the older generation so was always a nice time helping them and hearing their stories. Greatest job ever
amazing place and different personalities
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 May 2017
I really enjoyed working at Shoppers Drug Mart as a cosmetician because it always allowed me to give women that "feel good moment" about themselves and I would also help boost their confidence.
Pros
comession and hourly pay!
Cons
no recognition very hard to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location