Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,854 reviews matching the search
job environment
Merchandiser/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 February 2017
The managers are very professional and friendly. The work place itself is very friendly. I enjoyed dealing with customers and assisting them with their inquiries.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Good Place
Customer Service Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Shoppers Drug mart is one of the fine workplace environment to work with different peoples. Every time there is the opportunity of learning something new almost every day. The hardest part of the job is overnight shift because almost whole weeks there's DC delivery that has to be received.
stay away, trust me
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2017
Terrible company to work for. No one makes a decent living here except for the fsm, owner and pharmacists. The benefits for full timers are garbage and they don't pay overtime.

Frequent head office visits from the DM and other various corporate people put a lot of stress and pressure on the staff.

Pros
Cons
low pay, no overtime, frequent head office visits, not enough training
depends on the location
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 February 2017
Shoppers is a great place to work for, but are all owned separately by the head pharmacist.
Every experience is different when it comes to working in a Shoppers Drug Mart. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was able to learn a lot on the job and attending brand schools.
Shoppers was a great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB13 February 2017
This was a great job!
I loved working at Shoppers. There was always something to do. Management and coworkers were wonderful. Pay was expected and I loved the staff discount!
I wouldn't have left this position if my family obligations didn't demand that I do at the time.
The hardest part of this job for me was stocking the milk as I'm medically unable to lift over 20lbs.
Pros
Store discount
Great place to work if you like a challenge
Supervisor/Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB12 February 2017
Plenty of room to advance positions for those who wish for a new challenge everyday. Lots of company run meetings and reviews on your performance to make you the best you can be.
Pros
Community driven company
Cons
Juvenile co-workers
A very constricting environment I found.
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 February 2017
A fun group of people tied down by too much paper work, too many procedures taking away from a person's ability to give great customer service, also making it hard to enjoy working here. Short on staff and this leads to overworking the staff that is there.
Pros
Optimum card gives employees 30% off at shoppers
Cons
Long hours and no over-time pay
friendly workers and supervisors willing to help
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
I enjoyed working there because I got to know my staff members really well along with having the staff feel like a family to me even thou i was a part time employee
Productive and Great Place to work.
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Great and friendly environment to work. Leadership training was always available for anyone looking to move up in the company. Worked for a great team and great management.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2017
The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. As a newcomer, I was overwhelmed and stressed with how busy the store was from the beginning until the end of the day, however the staff made it very easy to make work less stressful.
Pros
Free lunches
Co-workers, and customers make the job enjoyable
merchandiser, cashier, customer service, receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2017
With merchandising & cash positions at Shoppers Drug Mart, management perceive you as an expendable employee that they can replace in a snap, even if your are full-time, or doing night-shifts, it won't matter. Not much acknowledgement from the associates, and managers. They also break their own rules, and won't give you a say if you have an opinion. The best part is working with co-workers who are smiling, and can laugh here and there, also the friendly customers that come by. Hours always get cut at some time of the year for part-time, and full-timers, but they also offer extra hours sometimes. Overall, not a place you would want to stay for too long, because of the low wages, and lack of acknowledgement.
Pros
employee discount, although its not that great
Cons
Sloppy management in certain stores
great workplace for anyone
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON9 February 2017
I absolutely love it here at Shoppers Drug Mart! I have been working here for almost 4 years. There are ups and downs while working at any job. The staff are very supportive and will help you with anything you need. Everyone usually has a smile on their face while working, A typical day at work for me is an enjoyable day. The hardest part about this job is dealing with unhappy customers.
Was a nice place to work
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB9 February 2017
The Associate was very difficult to deal with and very intolerant of anything he considered an infraction of the rules. It could have been something as little as a hole on a shelf.
Pros
Manger was awesome and very supportive
Cons
Associate was too strict
Productive place to work.
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
Being a front cashier was fun especially getting to know your customers, and meeting new people who would become regulars.
The management is different at various location with their style.
The hardest part of the job was the shift
the most important is the customers and seeing them come back because of customer service.
Cons
late night
good company, fantastic process in place
District Manager Metro Toronto (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Shoppers was a tremendous company which I very much enjoyed. The franchisees were great to work with and had a good understanding of their business as well as the corporate structure required in a franchise environment.
Pros
high energy fast paced
Cons
ability to change some of the process that impacted employees
Inconsistent
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Arnprior, ON8 February 2017
Little to no communication or training given.
Losing shifts to people with lower seniority
Very little respect to workers, management had a grouped together against the workers
Accountant screws up the pay cheques almost every week
Pros
Co workers
no support, unrealistic expectations
FRONT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 February 2017
Worked there for 8 months and was basically thrown into the role. Was given very brief training at another location and was basically told to figure it out. Owner was not supportive at all and made me feel extremely uncomfortable.
Pros
discount
Cons
no support, extremely long hours with no overtime
Energetic and stimulating work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yonge, ON7 February 2017
We work as a team, handling customer sales in a fast and accurate manner, dealing with customer complaints and keeping the sales floor as spectacular as possible, free of clutter and every product on the shelf perfectly faced. A typical day is filled with interacting with diverse customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with your fellow workers while working as a team.
Pros
great fellow workers
Cons
short hours
Swift Current is the WORST MANAGED Shoppers...
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK7 February 2017
If you have any concerns and attempt to contact HR, you will be fired. Swift Current location has THE most micro managing, unprofessional and unapproachable management team that I've ever come across. The Associate is discouraging when it comes to participating in the educational courses that Shoppers offers, is unethical in his methods when dealing with customer, employee and corporate head office concerns, as well as immoral. This location has had numerous complaints to head office about the treatment of the employees by the Associate. You MAY receive recognition of the work you do, but it will be at the expense of your coworkers. The gossip, and alienated feeling the "team" gives you outweighs any positive aspects. I wouldn't wish employment at this location for my worst enemy...
Pros
The Shoppers Corporation offers many opportunities, but the Swift Current location Associate will trump this
Cons
The Associate and his Management "Team"
good
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 February 2017
its really good working with shoppers. I learned a lot from shoppers. I even learned ordering and receiving the order. As I worked as a pharmacy student they allowed me to do medscheck and all other resposibilities.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location