Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,583 reviews matching the search
fun and respectable workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJune 14, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of re-stocking products as well as helping customers on the floor; whether it be where things are or they needed help carrying products to their vehicles. The job taught you to be time efficient. You had to manage your time properly between tasks and make sure that everything was completed both neatly and properly by midnight. The workers there were respectful, fun, and hardworking. You would enjoy going to work because you had great people you would work with that are also hard working and help get things done on schedule. There was really no hard aspect to the job, if once in a while anything that was troublesome came up; there was always someone that could assist you with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees, they were a great bunch to be around
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Interesting and busy work environment
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ONJune 24, 2016
Working at Shopperrs involved a lot of customer service and retail experience. It involved being accurate and quick and organized.
I learned a lot of new programs and a lot about managing staff,
Working with staff at Shoppers was a great deal of fun and we had an awesome team and I was the activity director.
Dealing with difficult customers can be hard but very satisfying. You learn to have great skills in problem solving,
The hardest part of the job was at Christmas time when we swamped and you needed patience, organization, friendliness and accuracy. I did not enjoy working with the corporate office regarding post office matters as it took a long time to resolve issues between Canada Post and Shoppers Corporate.
Overall I loved my job, my customers and my staff. We were a hard working bunch and regret very much having to leave this position.
Pros
staff
Cons
issues between Canada Post and Corporate
Beneficial opportunity when starting my career
General & Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONMarch 16, 2016
I had the benefit of working for great people in the beginning, corporate culture changed when sold in the late 90's and it was time to seek out other opportunities.
Pros
Flexible working conditions in the beginning
Cons
Creativity was no longer sought out towards the end of my tenure
Shoppers Drug Mart is a good place of employment.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at Shoppers Drug Mart is fast paced and demanding at times. The management at Shoppers was good. There are always opportunities that management could have improved there response but most of the time the management team was good. The co-workers at Shoppers all worked together to get the job done. The most enjoyable part about Shoppers was the reward of helping customers out and making there experience fast and convenient.
Pros
A lot of training and can help customers
Cons
Poor Direction, Independent most of the time.
Amazing
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONAugust 8, 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, especially this location. Co-workers are amazing, and the owner is an amazing guy, to which is flexible, helps when needed and is an overall good boss. I loved working at shoppers it was a great experience and gave me the skills now that have helped in my career now. I owe this location a lot and can't thank them enough for everything they have done for me. The hardest part of this job is the public, and drug plans. Like any job customer service is key, and some customers can be harder to deal with than others, but the few bad experiences have been made up for with the other great customers.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Challenging customers
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 22, 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
This job has procedures and protocols to follow.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ONMay 26, 2016
I really love working for Shoppers Drug Mart as they have very clear and specific protocols and procedures. A typical day at work is serving our customers, who are mostly sick when they come to see us with their new prescriptions. I have learned to work on the Healthwatch program and I have become more comfortable with it. The team is very supportive and are always willing to answer my questions without making me feel akward. The management is very interested in knowing how the employees feel and if we have any issues, we are welcomed to talk the management fairly early to discuss the issue. The hardest part of the job is seeing patients when they are vulnerable but the most enjoyable part is seing leave the store reassured and confident that we can have them feel better when they leave.
Pros
Amazing place to work and feel supported
Cons
For my situation now, I can't get a full time job.
Great experience, made lots of friends.
Photo Lab Technician, Cashier and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BCMarch 2, 2016
I have learned to work as a cashier, photo technician and merchandiser. The management is very respectable and wise. Also my coworkers are friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job is when we're down a few people, I've had to do multiple jobs at once, but the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and hearing their experiences.
Pros
Groceries are around you all the time
Cons
Shoplifters
Company takes advantage of low paid workers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
The parts I enjoy about the job are the customers and my co-workers. No guarantee of hours and low pay even after positive work performance reviews. Few full time position to avoid the company paying benefits. Even though your hired to do a specific job your going to be asked to do other jobs in the store.
Pros
Staff discount of 30% but only regular priced items.
Cons
Low pay rate
Great place to work with a very friendly culture
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Shoppers is a great job for a student who requires flexibility with regards to scheduling. At my location the management was excellent and everyone was very friendly. I made some good friends working at shoppers. I also improved my customer service skills, and eventually earned a promotion. There is room for advancement for those who try hard and focus on what they are doing. The hardest part of any retail job is the occasional difficult customer. Thankfully at shoppers the management was very respectful to the employees and would not always side with the customer. My co-workers were excellent and everyone got along very well. The best aspect of this job was the workplace culture.
Pros
Work with many great people
An aspiration to move up in the company is always acknowledged.
FRONT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SDM 2275 THE RITZ, COAL HARBOUR, VANCOUVER B.C.August 13, 2016
FSM's job starts by planning the workflow of the day. I usually walk around the store with a pen and paper for a quick notes to fix and to do listing as part of the daily routine. I learned that delegation is the best way to complete more tasks of the day as the new principle says, "work smarter not harder". The hardest part of the job is how to develop an almost accurate forsythe to supply the demands based on trends. And lastly, I am looking forward for the next SDM conference as the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
30% discount as an employee.
Cons
Long Hours of work.
Productive work environment with a flexible schedule
Certified Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I worked in the cosmetics dept, and I LOVED it. I really enjoyed helping customers and I felt like I was building women's confidence in themselves when doing a makeover, or giving them beauty advice.
I had always had an excellent manager, who was always professional, an excellent source of information about product and or of the company itself.
I worked completely on my own and I enjoyed that very much. There was no gossip as we each had to remain in our own sections of the store at all times.
This was a great strategy for preventing product loss, and building sales to be there for every customer. It was also a great way to keep employees separated from gossip or creating any other inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
Would I work there again? YES!
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
open till midnight, too late
overall a good experiecnce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at my job was to attend customers, handle cash and general cleaning and stock. I learned how to better resolve customer issues and concerns. I got along with all of the staff and was able to communicate any concerns I may have had. I enjoyed the environment that the staff members created, very much a family feel. For the most part my job was fairly straight forward, if I really had to think on it, Lotto sales and claims. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge that I have been able to provide customers with the right information for their everyday and future needs.
Welcoming staff
Cashier and Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A very good place to build your career. and the ability to grow as a person. Management and staff are very friendly and will help youto grow at work.
Productive and a fun work place filled with like minded people in order to achieve the same goal
Front Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 6, 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a great learning experience, a typical day as a front store cashier was making sure I greeted customers and assisted them with whatever it may be and keeping up an overall friendly work environment with great customer service, at the end of the night I would be responsible for making sure my till was well counted and everything was accessible for next use. I learned how to multi-task by being able to up keep a conversation with the customer to make sure they found everything alright and to be able to quickly and efficiently check them out. Management was great all the managers and supervisors were very helpful and nice and all of the co-workers got along great. Working at Shippers Drug Mart was a very good learning experience especially being able to work in an environment where the co-workers got along.
Fast paced, fun environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 7, 2016
A typical day of work at Shoppers Drug Mart was quite repetitive, many tasks included replenishing and organizing stock both on the floor and in the backroom; as well as dealing with customer requests and concerns. The co-workers at Shoppers were very kind, overtime I built real friendships in and outside of work which in turn made my work experience that much better. The management in my workplace had its strengths and weaknesses, there were a handful of managers who were really involved with the employees while some did not take notice of the flaws or mistakes which made my work experience harder. The hardest part of my job was definitely the late shifts I had to work, having to work until 12AM really hindered my ability to give my all in the workplace, naturally I would get tired overtime so having to remain energetic throughout my shift was a challenge, although I do believe it helped me strengthen my customer service skills. All in all Shoppers Drug Mart was a learning experience, I mastered my job requirements, improved my customer service skills, and taught my commitment to a company.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Late shifts
everyone is friendly
Merchandiser/Food Captain/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
Everyday at work, I cover breaks for the cashier and check on the food section. I finish my deliveries and and maintain my section. I learned that retail is not an easy job. The management and co-workers are nice. Most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to help people and they thank you for your help whether they were addressed or not.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage
Productive and fun working place
MERCHANDISER ● PRODUCTION (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at work when you have to facing the product over and over again. I've learn to do merchandising and how to follow the plannogram according to the instruction. The management is very good and my co-workers are very co-operative. The most enjoyable part of the job is when your done and look what you did, you will feel proud of what you've done.
Very intermediate and mundane work atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 14, 2016
-A great deal of standing and had to find very small tasks to do to keep busy
-Learned very great customer service skills
-Management was 'ok'
-Co workers were fun and hard working
-Hardest part of the job was trying to keep busy
-Best part of the job was meeting new people
Enjoyed working with the public
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low merchandise stock using the PDT system, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, setting up displays for promotions, and assisting customers.

I learned how to do the ordering for merchandise in the store when the manager wasnt present.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find the diplays from the back to set up in the store, was disorganized and difficult to access anything.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and being able to assist them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Disorganized

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location