Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,021 reviews matching the search
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 April 2017
A typical day at work was being on cash, and sorting items on shelves.
I learned a lot about using the cash register since I was a cashier.
Being with my coworkers was one of the best things about working there since the shifts were long so I met a lot of people.
The hardest part of the job is probably getting enough optimum card signups for the day.
Pros
great working environment
Great work experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 April 2017
My most enjoyed job ...evrybody is friendly and the customer's are the best ...ive never worked in pharmacies but I really enjoyed learning and I had the best staff to guide and help me
Employment History
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
This is an ok place to work. of course when you work anywhere you are bound to find someone you do not get along with. This place was a struggle to work at only because of the management.
Pros
loved majority of the employees i worked with
Cons
management
Fast pace workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2017
The people at Shoppers gossip about everything instead of doing their job they get the newbies to do their work and sit their and gossip about other employees.
Decent as a part-time
Beauty Boutique Expert/ Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
It's a good part time position. Very reputable brands, fun environment, new people constantly in and out.

Only issue is not a lot of room for growth, and the late night shifts are very difficult on the body. Also management has changed various times while i was there so seems like there was a large turn over rate management wise.
A great job to have.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
The workplace culture is just fantastic. The customers are great as well as my peers. Typically I'll either be on cash or I will be performing supervising duties such as expiry checks, facing and ensuring that everything on the front end is processing smoothly. I will either open the store or lock it up which includes ensuring that everything balances.
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 April 2017
It was okay. I got promoted pretty quickly. I had issues with one manager because I was younger and she didnt agree with the fact I was promoted.. I got fired due to her lying and I never got a chance to even defend myself.... Shotty management, wouldnt work there again...
Amazing .. people here are very niceee
Merchandiser/reciver (co-op) student (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2017
I love doing my Co-op placement here the managing staff is very nice and help you understand the task at hand I've had an amazing work expierence here so far.
Pros
Fun working enviorment
Cons
No cons
Shoppers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart, I enjoyed working there. Managers were very helpful. It was busy store and patients were very demanding sometimes. I learnt a lot though.
Co-op Shoppers Drug Mart (Cosmetics) (Former Employee) –  McCowan, ON13 April 2017
As a co-op student my tasks were very limited. I worked at cosmetics and a typical day was that everyday I put out perfumes boxes on the shelves, cleaned the shelves, helped and cashed customers out
Great place to work if you are willing to work hard in management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 April 2017
Expectations are very clear, strong communication skills are required. Positive working environment with a lot of support when needed. Only downside is the pay vs workload.
Pros
Great team environment, great communication regarding expectations
Cons
Pay is low vs expectations.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 April 2017
I found shoppers a great place to work. I was able to build my customer service skills .I was also able to create good relationship with many of my regular customers.
Pros
get to build connection with people
Cons
You get the same shifts each week
Great Job
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC12 April 2017
Pharmaprix is the perfect workplace for a student. The workload and schedule are very manageable as a student. Great staff and many learning opportunities to be had here.
Pros
Stress levels
Cons
Hours
good and helpfull staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  3051 walker line12 April 2017
i like this job because is close to my house. every day we learn something new about our new products and learned new cash experience. Feel very good when everybody appreciate my work end of the day.
Friendly and welcoming staff with easy and well organized shifts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Very easy to work as a cashier. All you need is a friendly attitude, swiping products and bagging them is fun and easy. They give you a (paid) 4 hour training system and it is very easy to become familiar with the software. I learned great people and customer service skills. the managers were often very willing to help and were forgiving of innocent mistakes. The workplace culture there was amazing, everyone I worked with was incredibly friendly and eager to help everyone finish up their jobs so we can all leave as early as possible by the end of the day.
Pros
One hour lunch break, friendly staff, easy work, very little to learn prior
Cons
Long hours, difficult to switch shifts
Overall, a good experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 April 2017
Working at Shoppers was a good experience for me. I learned a lot from some of my co-workers. It is a very busy environment, but it's manageable if you are fast. For me, the hardest part of the job was to remain calm and talk to very rude customers in front of an audience.
It's an alright part-time job.
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 April 2017
You pretty much just complete your daily tasks, engage with the customers, and ring them through. You learn customer service skills, how to handle lottery sales, transit sales, and you might even by cross-trained for different positions. The management is average, the manager hires and trains new people to get the job done, but anything beyond that is not worth their effort because it all comes down to their bonus. Workplace expectations are pretty clear and understood by most. The hardest part of the job is dealing with stressful situations.
Pros
free food on holidays
Cons
coworkers
Overall A great place
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON11 April 2017
I love working at Shoppers Drugmart. It kept me busy and there was always something to do to make the time fly by. The only downfall is that there was some very evident favouritism when it came to some coworkers hiring family members.
Not a lot of flexibility to make decisions
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 April 2017
Everything is controlled corporately. The culture is not what it appears to be. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting wit great patients and customers.
Pros
Optimum Discount
Cons
Open until midnight
Great Employement Appreciation
Merchandiser for the Beauty Boutique (Current Employee) –  Essex, ON10 April 2017
Compared to other business', Shoppers Drug Mart truly appreciates their employees by providing opportunities to win baskets, gifts cards, and more.
Pros
money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location