Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,773 reviews matching the search
learning experence
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
This job helps with learning how to deal with all different kinds of customers. Each store/management depends on the owner. each store is different. My experience was pretty good overall, nice workers.
Secure job with opportunities for advancement and great people to work with
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB9 January 2017
I enjoy that my job is a completion based job. When I come in, I know what I need to accomplish in that day and unlike the service industry, how busy I am is not necessarily dependent on the number of customers there are. I have been blessed to work with some great people and hard work, for the most part, is duly rewarded. They are also very accommodating with my schedule while I am in school and I try to be just as accommodating in return. I have learned a great deal in my position as an assistant manager and I truly view this leadership position as a way to teach and serve the other employees. I have learned the importance of communication and taking ownership. I have also gained skills in conflict resolution as it pertains to internal relations as well as with customers.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
This job teaches you the importance of customer service. I learned to multitask and prioritize tasks to gain a more productive work day. I loved working for this company, and gained perspective into the world of retail.
Pros
You can easily move up
Cons
Pay rate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Job Culture isn't that great since the manager there was unprofessional , but if you do your job right you will be recognized.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Poor Managment
This was a longtime ago
F/T Cashier/ Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2017
I enjoyed this company and the people who worked there at the time. I would love to work for Shoppers again sometime. I had to leave due to my pregnancy
Pros
Fun
Comfortable, but proffesional
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2017
Store can be very exclusive sometimes, but the joy comes from helping the customers and the employees. I always have a smile on my face, and enjoy the aspect of continuous learning.
Pros
People
Cons
part-time are not entitled to any benefits of importance
Great place to start your career
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland st. Dartmouth4 January 2017
Great place to work and lots of opportunity to Advance in the company. Alot of online training you have access too as well.
Great work experience
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
This was a great company to work for I learnt a lot from cash-to Merchandise Manager.
I then worked in the office as a Store tec. coordinator and Acquisition Coordinator.
I enjoyed this job the best as I got to travel and help in training the staff in the new stores.
Built files for the new products and taking over of the source store in Kimberly.
I had to wear a lot of different hats.
Pros
Lots of training and courses offered
Cons
had to be on call 24/7 even on holidays
Nothing is really consistent because they're small stores.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 January 2017
I imagine the experience of working at Shoppers comes with the same issues as with any small store. How enjoyable your job is depends upon a group of 20-30 coworkers and one store owner. From the accounts I hear from employees at other stores there are many things that vary.

The long-term issue is the limited advancement potential; if the store is stable there are virtually no opportunities to be more than a supervisor.

Scheduling at my particular store is fairly inconsistent. It's a long process for part-time people to become full-time and if one or two full-timers take a week off then the sky is falling.

If you're just looking for a part-time casual gig it's great.
Incredible experience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON2 January 2017
Overall I had an excellent experience working at Shoppers Drug Mart. A large variety of skills were gained through this company, especially through the opportunities provided to grow through different positions.
Pros
Good pay, friendly staff, many gained skills
Shoppers drug mart
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Always busy with customers filling prescriptions. Always try to help them. Co-workers very cooperative and friendly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long shifts
Enjoyable place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 December 2016
Great support system from fellow co-workers and the pharmacist. As a student employee, I was taught the in and outs of the work place. Soon enough I was able to follow along with the day-to-day work activities.
excellent workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON29 December 2016
During my first few shifts I was given many different time slots for work, this helped me see how every hour of the pharmacy differed and the tasks that went along with it changes. The staff here is amazing and very accommodating for a new associate. The software is very user friendly and very easy to learn.
Pros
fast paced work environment
Cons
Flu season tends to slow down workflow
Good
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 December 2016
As a intern I had hands on experience as a pharmacist under pharmacy manager supervision on activities such as receiving prescriptions,dispensing,checking prescriptions and counseling the patients.
tight-nit group of co-workers, great first job.
Cashier/Cosmetician/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fall River, NS22 December 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart has been a wonderful experience, especially for a first job. It has opened me up to many different opportunities both career wise as well as personal.
Great staff and fast paced environment!
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
I have been working for Shoppers Drug Mart for 10 years and I am very happy with this company. The management and co-workers are great! Customers are very loyal!
Shoppers Drug Mart
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 December 2016
It is a great place to work, healthy work environment. The only tricky part is figuring out the point system but once you've figured it out, it is an easy job.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
pay
Working Front Cash
Cosmetician/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 December 2016
As I work both front cash, and cosmetics every day is different. Working front cash can be very busy, or very slow. Every day we are given tasks which we are to finish by the end of our shifts during down time. Sometimes it gets so busy we arent able to start our tasks, which include, facing, doing the order, filling the flyers around the store, etc.
Clean respectful environment that fosters growth and development
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 December 2016
Clean respectful environment that fosters growth and development. Fast paced with focus on excellent customer service.
SDM encourages training in new areas.
Good hours, friendly team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elora, ON12 December 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart is a great place to work. Working at the Elora Shoppers Drug Mart it got quiet often and was sometimes boring but there was always stuff to do to pass the time. The team was nice and friendly and there was a good training system. Starting out, the storage room was confusing but once working there for a while it got easier.
Pros
Reasonable amount of breaks and good training system.
Cons
Quiet and boring times.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location