Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,346 reviews matching the search
Great working environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
During my time at shoppers I've learned to be more organized and flexible with my time to balance my work and personal life, I've also been more open minded when dealing with other individuals. Through out my work I've made close bonds from both my workers and regular customers, overall, I enjoyed working for shoppers.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON7 September 2017
nice place to work , they have flyer ever week , busy on Thursday nice customers, malt cultures staff, fun work .
open to 10pm , always busy make the day go fast, they start sale grocery, dairy product makes you fine every think you need , great customer serveries, the customer always right .
Pros
free point when you get signe optimum new members.
Cons
far from my home .
Good Job
Cashier Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Love working here just looking to get a part time job one the side so that i can move out and be able to afford it and food plus my car and insurance and savings
organized and Friendly
Beauty Advisor Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB7 September 2017
Overall shoppers is a great company to work for. High sales demands. Your on your feet most of the time. Evenings and weekends can be difficult to work.
Busy location, learned a lot.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
My first position as a cashier in one of downtown Toronto's busiest locations on the Queens Quay West, lineups out the door, always busy and fast paced, management was good, co-operative, they were a little under staffed considering the volume of customers but overall was an enjoyable learning experience working in downtown Toronto.
Pros
prime location
Cons
under staffed at times
My First Job was GREAT
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
Back in the days, this workplace was amazing. The management team were great, the other staff member were all so welcoming and humble. If you like interacting with the customers then this could be a workplace for you.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere
Cons
It can get REALLY busy
fun to work
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
this place provides employees stress free environmet to work. they are encouraging and help the trainees to grpw in their sector and earn new things. gives wide range of growth
Pros
encouraging officials
Cons
short brekas
Amazing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON6 September 2017
Hands down the best work environment I've been lucky enough to a part of. Only reason I am looking for another job is to get more hours otherwise I would stay.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Some customers
Excellent
Pharmacy volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC5 September 2017
working from 09 to 5pm and in weekends as well, I learned how to be a good pharmacist, with a positive culture and nice people, excellent management and team
Safe and reliable workplace
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  White City, SK5 September 2017
Work days weren't too long or boring. Learned to operate cash register and lottery ticket master. Management was reasonable and very helpful day to day. Hardest part of the job was figuring out where everything was in the store.(Not very hard)
Pros
Changeable work schedule
Cons
Small store with low traffic
Life Skills Learned
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON5 September 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great first job to have, it taught me many life skills such as dealing with customers who may be unhappy with the circumstances, an overall knowledge of dealing with money and a new computer system.
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the mission.
The Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be.
Enjoy the employees and the discount but management is terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON4 September 2017
Really enjoy working with my fellow employees and doing sales with the customers in my department,  but at my location there is lots of drama especially with management and employees.
Our front store manager is super condescending/rude towards staff, has made a couple racial remarks that I was told about from two members of staff one remark being in front of a customer, and has talked about some employees unprofessionally.
I've never been employed at a place and not received training but everyone in my department and the other departments (excluding pharmacy) had never been trained. (Any worker that has worked at the location for 3+ years has received proper training from former management)
I've talked with employees at other shoppers that love their job and have great management so my review is specifically based on my experience at the listed location.
Pros
30% discount
was an ok place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 September 2017
Started off as an hourly employee, then a salaried employee, money was not great for the amount off hours worked, long hours, staff was great, benefits were ok.
Productive and fun working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 September 2017
Shoppers Drug mart was an excellent first time job offering employees to develop in the work field. Management was very accommodating when it came to time off and personal requests.
customer service
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2017
loved working with a great team and getting to know the regular shoppers coming in. a good company to work for. there was always something to do which made the shift go faster
Great
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2017
Great place to work but really depends on your store manager. If he/she is udersatnding to give you decent shifts. He did prefer giving better shifts to the pharmacist who ahs worked longer but after a year he did adjust mine to be more fair.
Horrible managment
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2017
The store i worked with was a horrible team. Especially the manager. He was very rude and not helpful. I however loved my coworkers. And my cashier manager she was the best.
Pros
loved my coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Great place to work for students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 August 2017
I love working at Pharmaprix. There are so many locations so you can find one that is close to you (mine is right in front of my school). I work with amazing bosses who are understanding of my schedule and always give me the hours i want. One of the reasons is because there's so many people who work there that someone can take your place. I work with a great team also and have become friends with many of them. They offered me different positions in the store which keeps my job interesting, the discount is great and they even reward you when you achieve certain goals which is unheard of in most businesses. Great great job, I'm very lucky
Great experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2017
Love working in the pharmacy. Fast pace and always different. Very nice place to work, flexible shifts and hours. Lean something new when ever I worked
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval