Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Busy and highly focused
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2018
The daily work is generally busy, we have a high rate of MedChecks and customer support. This experience is adding a great exposure to mine on daily basis. the atmosphere is quite friendly, and the team members are highly active and knowledgeable.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB7 February 2018
A typical day would be working on cash or stocking self's. Enjoyed the staff and management at shoppers. There were a lot of laughter and a over all positive place to work.
Productive, fun and friendly environment to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was fun. I enjoy working there. My co-workers very friendly and easy to get along with. During my first day everyone was very welcoming. The management was well organized and responsible.
Pros
Get discount, free food
Cons
Not enough hours
very fast paced and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC7 February 2018
I opened the store some days, would clean put out cash tills for when other shifts arrived. Did breaks through out the day. Filled lottery tickets when needed. Loved dealing with different and regular customers everyday. Dealt with problems with some customers, and usually the end result was a success. Closed the store on occasion, and did cash outs for the cashiers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
when you have a no show
Shoppers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON7 February 2018
Managment was very nice, and outgoing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that cared about me. The hardest part of the job was closing, because jut when the store was about to close the lines would get very very very long.
Pros
Break
Cons
Short Hours
CO-OP Student
Sales Associate/Coop Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
As a CO-OP student I am learning the real work place life of having a real real job but not getting paid in money but it getting paid in hours to get my school credit.
Pros
learning retail
Cons
not getting paid
Difficult place to work
BEAUTY BOUTIQUE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON5 February 2018
Very demanding. Lots of pressure to sell and owners treat staff as disposable. Staff are excellent and do there best with tight hours and tons of work
amazing company to work for
COSMETICS MANGER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 February 2018
I love working at shoppers. Great carrier opportunities. Growth within the company. Benefits are good. Brand trainings are very good for cosmetics knowledge.
Pros
Growth, work life balance and good management
Cons
Less overlap hours
Nothing to say
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 February 2018
Clean shelves
Organize staff
Implement work for staff
Balanced and deposits of daily reports and cash.
Communicate changes to those affected
Worked at pharmacy to relieve staff for breaks
Pros
Responsibilities
Cons
No weekends off
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON4 February 2018
Clean environment, very organized and it's fun to have promotion deals to advertise in the store. Employees get points depending on how well they collect.
Pros
you get 30% discount on most items in store
Cons
on your feet all day
It's good place to get experience
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 February 2018
The employee gets less work shift and most of the time new employee get night shifts. The hardest part of the job is working with two supervisors which causes confusion while doing work such as when one supervisor tells you to do particular work, while the other supervisor tells you to do something different.
Pros
The work is not that challenging.
Cons
The system is not that good for new employee.
amazing work space
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 February 2018
amazing work space with lot of good people, I volunteered there for 5 months but school got in the way so I had to take a break, but I am back and ready for new experiences and challenges
Nice people
CASHIER/MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 February 2018
Nice people to work with. Supportive and informative. Helpful to new employees. Open to suggestions and new ideas. Co-workers are easy to talk to and are always willing to assist you and their customers.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Weird day or night schedules
Do not apply at the Eaton Center
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Management will not create a permanent schedule for you and take full advantage of your availability. As schedules are created on a weekly basis, myself and several other employees were sometimes made to work up to 9 days in a row - additionally, there was no guarantee your days off would be consecutive. The store was also constantly understaffed.
Even after being hired on at the supervisor level and working at the same location for 2 years I was only making a few cents above minimum wage.
Great dealing with customers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 February 2018
It is my first time to work at a retail store. It sure is fun dealing with customers and interacting with them everyday. I enjoy interacting with the customers and helping them so that that shopping experience is smooth, convenient, and fun.
Great co-workers, good hours and lunches
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2018
Was a good place to work at. I enjoyed working with the people. The hours fit my schedule. Also the lunches lasted long and were comfortable in the lunch room.
Great job
Cashier/ post office clerk (Former Employee) –  Erin mills town centre. Mississauga on1 February 2018
Loved the customers as well as my coworkers and management. Great flexible hrs. Competitive pay.
Great training too.
Had more than cashier duties loved both departments I worked in. The post office and front cash
Horrible Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON1 February 2018
I quit due to the fact of asking 4 weeks prior to not be scheduled to do weekdays until close and go figure after 4 weeks of just agreeing to these 12 am shifts on monday nights I told him this isn't what I asked for and the following week I was still scheduled till 12am on a weekday.
Pros
Nice workers
Cons
Horrible Management
Merchandiser/Receiver
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON1 February 2018
Very slow work day.

Repetitive work.

Opportunity to meet new people, and interesting work as a receiver, verifying the proper amount of ordered inventory has arrived.
Productive and fun work environment
Store Supervisor in Training (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2018
The Shoppers is a very well respected brand and well liked. Customers from all backgrounds and ages enjoy their shopping experience with Shoppers. We pride ourselves on great customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.