Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Shoppers is not a good employer
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
Its all 8 hours standing job...makes you tired by the end of day. No overlapping of pharmacists so mostly only 1 pharmacist...keeps you very busy so don't have time to go for washroom even.

Does not care for staff...keep shuffling pharmacists like they are not even human beings...Shoppers thinks pharmacists like piece of inventory.

Not hiring registered pharm tech...only hires cheap pharmacy assistants so its all on the shoulders of 1 pharmacist...sick and tired with phone calls, OTC questions and checking prescriptions and doing med reviews, flu shots, travel consults all alone.

No fun at job only stress and frustration. Shoppers wants to get last breath out of you.
team freindly
Cash supervisor/merchandiser/pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC2 November 2017
fast paced and new challenges daily. staff is like family. daily huddles. weekly promotions to thrive towards with employee rewards. room to grow within the company.
Pros
coffee on truck delivery
Cons
wage low
Good place to learn
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON1 November 2017
Has a little of everything and is a good way to learn about different aspects of customer service. Also helps to teach professionalism and seasonal sales.
Shop
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 October 2017
It was an amazing experience working at shoppers, the people and customers where great to talk to and handle. i had an amazing trainer and management was ok.
Great management, great staff
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON29 October 2017
A typical day at Shoppers consists of doing really easy stuff very quickly and then having nothing at all to do for the rest of your shift.

Seriously, I mean I personally really liked the job, but most of the time the task I get handed was so simple, I'd get it done in about an hour or so. It was also very repetitive, you do typically the same stuff every shift. Talkers on Fridays (Sales Tags) and putting out stock on Tuesday's and Thursdays.

By the way, if you can request a day off and not work on it, put it so you don't have to work on Thursdays because that's seniors day.

The people who work at Shoppers are typically very good, and very nice. The people I worked with were amazing, they were always there to help you out if you needed it.

Honestly, great store, great job, and a great staff, just expect to do the same stuff, over and over again.
Pros
Awesome Staff
Cons
Not always things to do
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 October 2017
It was an okay job. Only lasted the minimum of 3 months.
I worked both at cash and in merchandise.
I learned to use my criticism to better my performance at work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
cosmetics
Cashier & Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2017
was the only job i ever had that actually gave proper breaks and fair hours. its hard to make a decent living at this place but is a fair and friendly enviroment.
Great Environment to Learn
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 October 2017
Developed a great deal of experience with Shoppers Drug Mart. Often a tough environment on expectations but the resources are there to succeed if you know how to use them. Over ten years of working there I never felt like my talents were going unnoticed.
Low morale in the workplace
Food Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 October 2017
It started as a good place to work, but over the years they have cut hours more and more and yet expect the same amount of productivity. This is causing a lot of stress among the workers, and worker morale is at a real low point.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
They keep cutting hours.
Wonderful place to work
Merchandising, Receiving (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 October 2017
-cleaning, stocking shelves, organizing back stock.
-I got the opportunity to learn receiving and post office.
-management was nice and willing to promote their employees.
It was a good experience
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Shoppers was a very good job great peers and even better managment. daily duties are cash dealing with customers ensuring store is kept neat answering any customer inquiries some selling necessary but nothing serious.
didn't like it
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 October 2017
you had to learn where drugs go and it was a very important job because you don't want to give the wrong prescription. had a very bad experience with a customer and hated the job ever since.
A very slow job to work as a cosmetician
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 October 2017
The location I was working at was very slow and made reaching sales goals very difficult. However, you are rewarded with a 30% discount on almost all items in the store for being an employee
Amazing place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2017
Everyone was great where I worked. Pay was decent . Always busy which was good. A good starter job or even retirement job for extra cash on the side.
Pros
Cons
Alot of stuff to do
Nice place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB22 October 2017
It all depends on the location but I liked my time st shoppers and would recommend it to anyone I know. A major part is the customer base, you’ll see the same people coming in each day (basically) so get to know a few names and they’ll love you for it.
Pros
Open late, you can work 5 hours on weekdays if you’re a student.
Cons
Open EVERYDAY!
laid back, always something to do, flexible schedule
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK22 October 2017
The manger was very kind and always took your personal life into consideration. flexible hours. because our department was right beside the entrance, it got dusty quite often so there was always things to be wiped down, which kept me busy and helped the days go faster when it was slow. best part of the job was helping a customer find what they needed and knowing they were leaving satisfied. hardest part of the job was getting into all the hard to reach places when cleaning.
Pros
discounts & commission
Cons
It was slow a lot of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB21 October 2017
While working at Shoppers I learned a lot about sales and customer service. I also learned the importance of networking in regards to sales.
Enjoyed the staff and Management. Great place to work.
Loved the customers
Merchandiser/Cashier and driver (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 October 2017
It was a really good place to work,unfortunately at the time I was working there it was too clicky and there wasn’t enough teamwork. I loved doing the delivery and being around people.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Doing deliveries in winter
Fun and motivating workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working as a cashier at Shoppers as it helped me to get more comfortable with interacting with new customers as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Late shifts
fun
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 October 2017
it gets the job done when you're studying at school . Not much to say about this retail job as it is easy and sometimes too demanding during school years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.