Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,935 reviews matching the search
productive and fun place
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
love the work ambiance , people and the working time, great place to learn , good pay ,feels like working in a family group, productive place and fun place
Good entry level job, slow paced
COSMETICIAN AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC14 March 2017
Enjoyed learning the basics of cosmetics and dermatology. Generally was given solid and consistent 6-7 hour shifts, only 1-2 shift per week (as part-time). Shifts were generally slow paced.
Comfortable , but unproffesional managment.
Overnight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
with pervious managerial skills I was be promoted within 1 month. I learned how to managed my time efficiently to finished all my checklist in timely manner.Overall I believe Shoppers Drugmart to have a very positive work environment that is especially great for people with very little experience who would like to earn some.
shoppers
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 March 2017
I enjoyed working a shoppers , everybody was nice , management was well organized . I most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and the worst part was trying to remember where everything went .
Pros
nice people
Great staff
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 March 2017
All of the staff is friendly and extremely helpful, not only to customers but to fellow workers. It is an extremely enjoyable place to work. Questions are quickly answered and management is always available to help
Great management, and a great environment.
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 March 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a great experience. We had many great loyal customers who made the experience really fun. The managers were very understanding and were there to help us learn and grow as employees. I had a great time working here.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Poor hours
Amazing
Merchandiser, Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 March 2017
Loved this job. Management was extremely nice and helpful. The job conditions matched my needs and I was very comfortable in my position as a merchandiser.
Extremely unprofessional company
Wise onlooker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 March 2017
Employees are seen as expendable and do not pay you your worth. I would never work here. Would be tough to make living in this environmnent. Beware.
Pros
A guess a job
Cons
Working for a self serving company
Enjoyable Work Environment
Cashier / Floater (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 March 2017
Enjoyable Work Environment
Approved requested shift hours
Worked both as cashier and on the floor (Stock and Flier)
Learned a little about departments such as beauty and post office
Has an amazing team who were friendly and helpful and inspirational
Not the best place long term but is a stepping stone.
Cashier / Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 March 2017
At the location I was hired, there were too many conflicts. The store owner was a jerk, the head supervisor forgot things too consistently and I was left feeling as though I was the only person who knew what they were doing sometimes. For myself at least, there were union issues and pay issues whenever possible. Just all around not a good place to stick with, maybe that was simply my experience...
Productive and exciting workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 March 2017
A typical day for me would be opening the store, putting my cash tray in, getting the lottery set up, making sure the front area is clean, putting returns away if need be, then opening the doors to let the customers in.
I've learned that every day is very much a different day in the retail world but it's exciting
Pros
Pretty flexible with breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Challenging
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ON9 March 2017
After working with this company for 32 years, I'm looking forward to a new challenge. I learned that customer service is number one in retail, as it is very important.
Regular Day At work
PHARMACIST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB9 March 2017
Learned how to manage with less staff and how to increase your productivity with efficient management and organizational skills.
The best part of the job is when you are able to put a smile on the faces of your customers with a simple pleasant greeting.
Fun workplace
Cosmetics Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jane and finch mall9 March 2017
Shoppers Drugmart is a very comfortable place to be working at. All the staffs and co-workers are wonderful and helping. It's a nice environment and the tasks and duties are pretty easy.
Pros
Free lunches, free products, and fun at times.
Fun and challenging place to work
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Great place to work, great people to work with and for. Very good with dealing with requested days off and a pleasure and challenging workplace. I highly recommend working at Shoppers.
Poor Managment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex, ON8 March 2017
Good staff, poorly managed by head Pharmacist/Owner. Not much effort put into training staff creates high pressure for new employees. Owner has a habit of repeated and public humiliation towards employees.
Good Environment
Front Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2017
You have the ability to move up within the company from a Cashier to a Supervisor to a Manager depending on how proactive and motivated you are as an employee. Shoppers Drug Mart allows you to obtain important skills that you are able to use at any company. You are able to work closely with co-workers and customers which gives you a good understanding of people and day-to-day operations.
Pros
Staff, Work Environment
Cons
Retail hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Fast paced fun work environment, Friendly co-workers and customers. Not very flexible schedule but provided lots of hours. Management was friendly and easy to work with. They were very involved in the work process.
Your normal part-time workplace
Merchandiser/Cashier/Post Office (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2017
They expect too much out of you even as a part time worker making next to minimum wage. It is still my current workplace and I only continue to work there because my co-workers are great people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Repetitive
Good environment to learn new skills
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
- Shoppers Drugmart is a great company to work for when your starting off as a part-timer or student. The job culture when i was there was very fun and dynamic with people from all different backgrounds. Good for anyone trying to learn new skills such as customer relations, cash handling, etc.
Pros
Company lunches
Cons
random shifts

81%