Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,621 reviews matching the search
Energetic, Fun workplace to meet new people everyday
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me working the cash register and helping customers with questions. I learned that I am a people person, I am able to start and keep conversations going and make people happy. The management was overall pretty good, I had no major problems. The hardest part of the job was the busy season like Christmas and I had to work so much harder than i usually do, But i didn't mind. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co workers and the people. I made so many memories and new friends.
Pros
Appropriate Break times
Cons
Not enough hours
shoppers drugmart
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Acton, ONSeptember 10, 2016
The management was amazing! I loved working there! Every day was fun! Very focused on customer service and was overall a great place to work. I would recommend working there!
Extremely bad Management team
Manager (Former Employee) –  SkymarkSeptember 9, 2016
Impossible Quality/Reg directorship to work for.
Very controlling, constantly looking over employees' shoulder and lack of respect to others.
Director humiliates others.
No room for improvement or advancement either.
Pros
Good benefits and pension
Cons
Disrespectful QA/Reg directorship
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 9, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart is a great place to work at, especially for a first job. I learned a lot about how to work a till and merchandise. The hardest part was dealing with rude costumers. Although overall i had a great experience there.
Super friendly and welcoming
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meadowvale Village, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Every day was organised and I felt as if my managers and suporvisors really sat down and thought out what they had to get done, after a few months on cash, I started to do some facing and shelving and some merchandising. I enjoyed my coworkers company, as they all answered my questions when i had them and often times would stop what they're doing to ensure I was stable at my position and had everything under control. The hardest part of the job was overcoming my social anxiety but without this job i would not have the confidence i do now and i really do believe that being a cashier helped me way more than being a merchandiser because personally i got to interact with various people, friendly and not so. It helped me keep an open mind as to see that one day a costumer can come in loving life, and the next they could be miserable and you never know what someones going through so you always have to be friendly even if they are turning the other way on you.
Great place to grow
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Working for shoppers has been a great experience, there has been lots of things i have learnt along with a lot of things that i have had my eyes opened to. The management team that we have is great, the floor team that we have is hard working, and the cashiers that we have are pleasant to be around.
Pros
lots of good staff
Cons
low pay
A great Company to be employed with.
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I was fortunate to have an amazing team and wonderful work environment. I thoroughly enjoy working with the public and assisting them in finding them the best skin care regime that fits their needs. I am a dedicated and hard worker and excel at most challenges I take on.
Hired to open new store location, was not needed when store openned.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Mimico, ONSeptember 5, 2016
It was a interesting position to learn about how to open and stock a new store and had fun working with others. I was hoping to continue working when the store was launched, but they needed to cut down on employee numbers.
Pros
mew new techniques
Cons
being let go after store opened
Great Place to work. Very well run.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peace River, ABSeptember 4, 2016
Order Stock. Stock Shelves. Check Dates
Businesses run differently. Been with 2 other Food Businesses and Shoppers does things very differently than what I'm used to.
Great Management and Team! Work together as a team to achieve goals.
Being fairly new with Shoppers, learning their Computer System or MMS( The brains of the inventory and receiving system. Learn something new almost every week.
My favorite part of working in food retail is the customers! Interacting and finding out the needs of every customer- building relationships!
Pros
Great Team!
Cons
Where I am Living.
Boring and slow
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 4, 2016
At Pharmaprix, I felt like I was not an employee but a slave. The way my manager would talk to me was as if I am owned by her. Anyway, It was my first job I let it go, but then I was put in the Pharmacy cash area, and it was just dead. It would never get busy therefore I would simply just be looking at the time. Not only that, but everyday there was a list of work we had to do before we finish our shift, which was the same exact thing every time, therefore every shift got repetitive.
Very demanding and fast paced job.
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Working here helped prepare for the real world, this one was of my very first jobs so i wasn't too sure on how it would go. I would constantly be on my feet and helping customers find what they need so i had to become very familiar with the store and all it's merchandise fairly quick.
I enjoy my job very much, Shoppers has always been a great place to work for and has always treated me with great respect.
Manager, Post Office (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 3, 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work for people, I manage the post office at shoppers and have a huge responsibility for canada post. It is a franchise so I have two bosses. One being shoppers and the other Canada post, I have to follow the federal guide lines without any supervision. I train, audit, inventory control
Knowledge of numerous cosmetic products and utilize PR skills
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga and Brampton, OntarioSeptember 2, 2016
Getting familiar and discuss new marketing ideas, explore new and marketable products over the net for Shoppers, dealing with public in answering questions and satisfying customer's queries, meet management every week to discuss the progress of the week and look forward to the following week's success.
Pros
Nice management to work with
Cons
Part-time position
Calm workplace with occasional rush
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 2, 2016
I was in a paid work placement arranged by the Youth Employment program of SUCCESS BC and the employment service managers arranged for me to perform my placement in Shoppers Drug Mart located on Scott Road.
Learned how to be organised and mix with different people
CUSTOMER SERVICE/MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2016
To work as a team. To be very detailed oriented. To be responsible. Complete the job assigned to you during the day. My personal review would be it is very nice to work with a company and into retail business which has its name in the market for so many years. All your colleagues are very friendly. It is a fun environment to work with such type of a company.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Have to stand throughout you shift.
fun place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at the workplace was going into the back room, getting a cart full of products, then taking the cart onto the floor and stock the shelves. While at this workplace I learned that I could lift more than I thought I could, also that I'm good at dealing with costumers whether they are happy or not. Management was good at this workplace, very organized and everything always planned out. My co-workers were so helpful, positive, and out going. If I had any questions they would answer them no problem. The hardest part about the job was having to carry a lot of heavy things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeing like I was part of a family and never feeling lost while working.
Pros
getting free snacks
Great group of employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 28, 2016
Shoppers is a great company to work for. Having a discount at Shoppers is absolutely wonderful!
Co-workers are great
Store is the highest volume in the city
We don't get our 15 min breaks, only 30 min lunch
Fun and upbuilding atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABAugust 28, 2016
A typical shift as a part time Cashier at Shoppers Drug Mart involves many transactions that could include taking cash, cheque, US bank notes, credit/debit, and gift cards.
Also includes making sure all shelves/displays are tidy, your workspace is tidy, helping customers find products, and providing customer service.
Management is pleasant, helpful, and upbuilding. They work together with all departments and really do listen to employee suggestions.
The kinds of people you will find working at Shoppers Drug Mart are fun to work with and encouraging.
The hardest part of the job really depends on who you are as a person. For some it could be the physical aspects of the job: time is mostly spent standing
or the organization of sale tags.
The most enjoyable part of the job, in my opinion, was the association and encouragement I received from my co-workers and superiors.
Pros
customer discount
Cons
late nights
Fun and fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Walmart down in New BrunswickI enjoyed being cashier customer service dealing with the public I met a lot of people. My bosses were good to me considering that I was from Montreal do try to accommodate me and everything that was great the generosity and warmth I felt from my employees
Pros
Shopping
Cons
Rude people
Co-op position
Co-op through OCAPDD (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked as a Co-op employee and didn't get paid for the experience. The term was short. I learned to rotate stock and kept the shelves stocked. The store is located at Carling Avenue across from Carlingwood Shopping Centre. I live in Orleans and had to take three buses to get to the position. I worked hard and hoped to be hired but was not.
Cons
short term co-op position

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location