Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Found 1,723 reviews matching the search
Friendly work environment
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 December 2016
- customer service focus
- friendly staff that is always willing to help
- opportunities to move up in the company
- hardest (and most enjoyable) is working with the general public
Great place for begining and seasoned retailers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB (Kensington)9 December 2016
Work days there were really productive with many things to keep one busy. Regular stocking and facing task were a constant. Throughout the week there were more "specific" task that would need attending. Such as shipments to work, sale tags to change, and shelving to merchandise. This job for me was something I've done lots of so unfortunately there wasn't to much I got to learn. I did however get the opportunity to work on my supervising skills and work with some amazing people. For me the hardest part of the job was its lack of challenge. The job itself was extremely enjoyable but if I only could choose one thing that was the most enjoyable. I would say the people I worked with were extra special and amazing to work with. I still to this day have outstanding relationships with most of the team.
Pros
Great coworkers, constant work, awesome management, and stellar hours.
Cons
Pour ownership, lack of challenge, and tediuos work tasks.
Fun to work at and Decent hours
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 December 2016
I love everyone I work with but it is very busy in the pharmacy and the staff is very minimal. It is an exciting place to work as there are always new challenges.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Few Staff
Postal Clerk
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON9 December 2016
A unique position within the Shopper's Drug Mart culture. A challenging position with a great team, unique training opportunity to learn the products and services offered by Canada Post.
Pros
Unique learning experiences
Cons
floating hours, inconsistent work week.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC8 December 2016
Having the opportunity to coach and train staff for a new location was a great experience. Being able to add value to your team by giving them the gift of knowledge in merchandise, cash handling, supervisor responsibilities, running the photo centre, completing planograms, shipping and receiving.
Pros
Coaching and Training Opportunities
Cons
Long Hours
Shoppers is great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2016
Working here while in school was always flexible and often fun, whether it was assisting customers or stocking shelves. The only thing I had trouble with was the under-employment we faced for months at a time, so I had to take on a little extra work. Other than that, the team and management were always supportive and good to work with.
Cashier, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC8 December 2016
My managers are great, coworkers are great, 30% discount is great, and optimum points are amazing too.
I'm mostly merchandiser so my typical shift is usually doing order work, meaning putting product out onto the shelves and such. I deal with customer service, answering the phone calls, fetching carts from outside, taking out the garbage(mostly cardboard boxes) and helping out my coworkers.

Overall I think the only hardest part of my job is dealing with cardboard cuts and angry customers.
Pros
Coworkers
repetitive and boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2016
You deal with customers most of the time but when you are not you are usually doing the repetitive merchandising and cleaning the back to make room for more products.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers because they are all my friends and time flies with them.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
repetitive work
medical office administration
Cash supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 December 2016
good place to work.good knowledge and health protection.very flexible for women.friendly staff.good management and perfect staff.
good
productive
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB6 December 2016
yes its starting phase,after graduating i worked,its fun and helpful as well.the staff is very cooperative.hard working and established knowledge.
Poorly treated by management, not given employee benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint-Lazare, QC6 December 2016
I was responsible for my cash, and printing photos. Most shifts; 4-9, 5-10 or 9-5. Management did not treat employees well. I was not allowed to call in sick. I was made to work 25 hours a week even while I was a full-time student, when I specifically asked for less. Co-workers were amazing, positive and energetic. Hardest part of the job was dealing with being treated poorly. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Consistent breaks.
Cons
Poor management
Not a good place to work.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I worked for shoppers drug mart in spring gardens halifax for just a few days and stopped due to the supervisor's rudeness...sheldon is his name and he needs to be fired...too rude and lacks supervision skills
Pros
Very rude
Cons
Discrimination towards some of the employees.
Team culture working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 December 2016
Typical day at work is handling customers photos as well answering and solving customers questions.
Managements are very supportive to help create a team culture working environment. Co-workers are easy to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is to able to help customer to develop their memories from their vacation and life.
Good environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
The location I worked at was a smaller store. Not open as long as other stores. Pay was above minimum wage but not great. Plenty of opportunities for wage increase.
Pros
Train employees well
Cons
Starting wage
Energetic work atmosphere
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Always a friendly work place with wonderful employees to help with any questions. Always have a good mood when I enter shoppers drug mart as the environment is a calm and friendly place
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Not enough hours
not a very good company
Overnght Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
not a very good company, pay sucks, and management isnt vey good. worked a few 60 hour work weeks for them to help them out and then got let go, also was jiped on my vacation pay
Productive and friendly workplace with
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
A typical day at work consists of constant cashing out of customers and assisting them with merchandise inquiries.

What I learned from this job is how to handle many different kinds of people. For example, our customers range from the regular daily visitors, to the disabled, to the elderly etc. I've learned to read people prior to talking to them and thus tailoring my habits and speech to their needs. As well, I have learned how to be both a team player and individual worker considering how much of both is needed for the job.

My co-workers are all very friendly and supportive. Often, co-workers create a bond that lasts even outside the workplace. They always try to make your day at work worth being there.

The hardest part of the job is handling angry customers- more specifically, customers who are angry at you for reasons out of your control. It gets frustrating when you cannot solve an issue for them however, we try our best and give the customer further information and resources they can use to solve their problem.

The most enjoyable part by far has to be the co-workers. The friendliness of the workplace gets me to be excited to go to work and make a day out of it. Work does not feel like work when with friends.
Pros
Supportive staff
Great Place to start off
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2016
Great part time and full time opportunities. Best part of my day was the customers! They always brought me to giggles. Such amazing people to work for. The toughest part is HQ placing more and more pressure on us in such a negative way. Managers are under paid for what they are expected to do.
Over all good
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Overall good employer. However, the culture of the organization can be improved in many ways. The associate being the owner can make things better or worst for the people; a uniformity across all branches would be good.
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Assessed customers with selections of cosmetic products
Demonstrated and info customers of proper use makeup applications
Recommended skin care products suitable for skin type
Pros
Shopper's Drug Mart has a Pharmacy, Cosmetics department and a Groceries area.
Cons
Opens until 12 or 24 hours

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location