Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,869 reviews matching the search
Shoppers drugmart
Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
Most of the time busy it always depends on the weather. Sometimes dead so its good to do and help other coworkers with facing. I learned that working at shoppers is a good experience especially in customer service and through shopppers i learned about how to handle customer complaints. but even so, customer complaints will always be the hardest part of the job. i enjoy the cash handling that you can use for future preferrences and experiences.
Pros
long break
Cons
customer complaints in a day
Work Experience
Supervisor, Photo Lab Lead, Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2017
I loved it at first, but you have to work very hard. Lots of work, and guidelines to follow. I have learned alot working here. Not very diverse in culture.
Pros
Overtime, pay
Cons
Gossip, lots of work.
good benefits but less competitive salary
Clinical Pharmacist (Relief) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
work environment, salary, and work life balance is dependent on owner. Its very difficult to have owner who takes care of employee with business. Growth of pharmacist is decided by owner only.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less competitive wages
Fast paced environment
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 February 2017
Work consisted of learning on the go. I had to learn new systems such as their cashier system, photo centre machinery and lottery. I loved interacting with the public.
Great place to start for students
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Working at 2 different Shoppers Drug Mart locations, I've had 2 different experiences. My first experience was great. Management was organized and had a great training experience. The employees I worked with were great too. My second experience was the total opposite. All of this affects the workplace culture. The hardest part about the job was probably time management as a supervisor. The most enjoyable was being able to interact with many different people as a cashier.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Hit and miss with management
Friendly environment
All positions (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 February 2017
Coworkers are friendly.
In-store opportunities to be cross trained or move up in the company.
Benefit packages are available if hired as a full time position.
It is alright, not bad
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
Not a bad place to work at. Work culture wise, very good. Staff are nice and respectful. Patients can feel somewhat entitled and be rude but that comes with any retail setting.
Sdm life
Supervisor/Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  lethbridge26 February 2017
I learned that a business is not successful unless the team works as one.
For most of my time here the management was great.
The most enjoyable part of working at SDM was getting to know the customers.
good environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2017
love to work with people, good environment, positive attitude at work, fun,providing clients according to their needs.
productive and fun workplace
Full time Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 February 2017
Excellent work enviroment and love to come to work every day full of energy ,Great management accomodate every body needs , you have the opportunity tolearn new things always
Quick promotion
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 February 2017
In a typical day, the day would go very fast, non stop working and communicating, I learned valuable managerial skills that enabled me to be promoted within three months. Some management are protective of their employees and invest time in training. Workplace culture is quite like a family. Hardest part of the job is time management. The enjoyable part of the job is the interaction and the satisfaction of completing a day.
Pros
advancement
Cons
hard work
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2017
Great place to work at. Great people as well. Only problem would be not enough hours given. You get a 30% discount which is great. Learn a lot of skills like how to stock and assist customers.
A Friendly working environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
There was a time that the store is busy and lots of things need to be done like storing some items in the shelfs. I learned how to managed my time efficiently to finished all my checklist in timely manner. The management was good in maintaining the store productive and improve employee relations. The hardest part of the job was to maximize your effort to finish the work that has been given by the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone is helping each other to work and have good camaraderie
Poor Accommodations for Struggling Students
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 February 2017
I was/am going through a difficult time and because I moved. it was very difficult for me to get to work. One extraordinary circumstance after another occurred and I was late for reasons beyond my control multiple times. For this I was terminated, and in a quite impersonal way - over the phone.
Enjoyment
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alcona Beach, ON24 February 2017
I enjoyed the staff and working the hours. Some days felt long. Doing the overnight merchandising was exhausting. The hardest part was trying to please the GM but I overall I enjoyed it. Lots of laughs easy to learn.
Pros
Contests among staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto,On Canada24 February 2017
Nice to place to work and staff is always kind and polite and helpful. A store where u can get all of the daily products easily and you don't have to go out other places. Prices are also reasonable
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hood work hours
Very friendly environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 February 2017
I was only a co-op student so I didn't make any money, but I always looked forward to going into my co-op. The ladies I worked alongside as well as employees in other departments within the store were always friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Slow-paced
Great Experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 February 2017
Typical day begins with preparing for the day, opening the doors for customers, fill shelves, receive shipments in the stock room; essentially take care of any business that has to deal with the products on the floor and out back.

Great place to work when surrounded by the right people. Enjoyed showing up to my shifts everyday.
great group of people
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
i had a very rocky experience at this store i started as a clerk then learned cash then was moved to cosmetics but my manager in cosmetics was horrid and was the reason why I quit
General Review
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 February 2017
It is difficult to give a review of a corporate company. Each location is managed differently. I enjoyed my experience working in the Grimsby location.
Cons
work schedules not put out in advance

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location