Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,773 reviews matching the search
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 January 2017
Freindly staff, freindly Co workers and the environment was great. The front store manager was also very kind. Customers was easy to deal with and the job itself was what I was looking for
Fair and fun environment to work in/for
Cashier/Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON18 January 2017
Had a great experience working at Shoppers Drug Mart in Hanover. Everyone was great to work with, the Front Store Manager wasn't the nicest of people at the time but has changed since and the owner as well at the time I left in which has also changed since I have worked for the company as a Cashier/Supervisor.
Productive and overall organized company to work for.
Merchandiser & Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
Great position for young, busy bodies. Demanding and always something to do. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of it but the most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and seeing the pay off/finished product. Management is great and always accommodating to personal/work life balance. I've learned better time-management skills and organization skills as well as customer service.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Physical aspect (i.e. heavy lifting)
Excellent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ON18 January 2017
Worked at Store 1256 Beamsville Ontario
Management is very professional everyone knows when it is time to joke around and when it is time to work. Very nice and family like place to work
Pros
Extremely nice staff
Cons
Different Shifts every week
Wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
This company was my mother in Canada. my first professional job in Canada was here and I have to tell you, shoppers was an amazing company to work for
great job if your not easily flustered by angry customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 January 2017
it can be a great job. if everyone's on the same page and there are clear guidelines set as to policy procedures "and they follow them" it can be a great place. hardest part of the job is maneuvering around the fact that some employees are not on the same page and customers get told different answers to the same questions. also small stores don't always have loss prevention personnel in the store so shoplifting situations can become a scene if workers aren't properly trained.
Productive and calm environment
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
A typical day at work would be very easy going,It was co-op I learned how to read the number on bar codes, Management was very good with me.My co-workers were very respectful and treated me with kindness.The hardest part of the job was learning how to make labels on the computer and transferring them to the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with what they needed.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Leaving
Retail is based on sales and performance of each store managers
Merchandiser-Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Very high expectation, but little being done for staff members concerns. There is a high retention rate in this store due to management's mis communications, problem solving, and other conflicts for both staff and customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
paid little, but basicly to keep you around, you have to beg more which is not easy to do and wont come easily
A good place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 January 2017
The day starts with going thru emails and read the in store web daily information . Follow by a store walk with one of my assistants , we make sure all company's standards are in place , creating a daily list and plan our day then work the plan .
I learned people management , time management and how to meet deadlines .
As a manager you need to explain the What , How and then the Why, to be able to have your staff on board .
The hardest part of the job is to make the people around you think same like you , when this is accomplished you reached your goal .
Management are key people , as a manger you need to train them , trust them and follow up to make sure the tasks get done properly .
The most enjoyable part is meeting sales target or beating it and then celebrate the success . As well when you have a company's project and you met deadline executing it .
loved my job
POST OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2017
worked here for 6 years and loved every second of it. worked in multiple departments and the staff and my boss were all awesome. I was hired as a cashier and ended up in the post office most of the time.
low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
very low pay supervisors always mad a place for drama is here at shoppers nice shifts avail get 30% discount and the raise is really low if any you can do bette
Fast paced dynamic environment
Manager BI & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Driven by Loblaw today. Business is booming. Unlike in the past, Lot of investment in Technology. Opportunities to learn and grow.Old management team has been replaced be a culture from a large corporate organization with emphasis on formal standard processes.. So people who liked the old small world casual close environment will be disappointed.
Pros
Good Business
post office
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON13 January 2017
i worked in the post office and it was a fun place. The customers were people nice. I just didnt like the retail part of it, and having to work weekends.
Good people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clarkson, ON13 January 2017
Need better wages and more steady hours. Fun to work there on occasion because most people have great attitudes. Customers are like family once you get to know them
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Low wage long hours
Great PT Job
Cash Supervisor - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 January 2017
Enjoy working with people and great pt job. Able to work hours required by myself. Merchandising and customer service are the main priorities.
Poor Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Western Canada13 January 2017
NO Blue Culture/core values. Terminations- no respect. Meetings thrown together. Too much travel/meetings. MuchTurn. Owners unhappy at Loblaw changes.
Cons
Hypocrisy
productive at work
Pharmacy Technician /Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
A busy pharmacy is my typical day at work
I've learned how to handle different kinds of people and how to give good costumer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday you learn something new.
Productive Workplace
Cashier & Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON12 January 2017
easy to get your work done, make lots of friends while working in a small town. Management sucks sometimes but that's in every work place.
Healthcare
Bilingual Clinical Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
Customer Service - Coordinate injection services for patients
Work along with patients, nurses, doctor's office, Clinics and pharmacies
no long term plan, no feature to invest
Senior Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The direction is changing so fast and so often.
Looks to me there is no enterprise level thinking or strategic planning.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location