Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,584 reviews matching the search
fun place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ONAugust 29, 2016
A typical day at the workplace was going into the back room, getting a cart full of products, then taking the cart onto the floor and stock the shelves. While at this workplace I learned that I could lift more than I thought I could, also that I'm good at dealing with costumers whether they are happy or not. Management was good at this workplace, very organized and everything always planned out. My co-workers were so helpful, positive, and out going. If I had any questions they would answer them no problem. The hardest part about the job was having to carry a lot of heavy things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeing like I was part of a family and never feeling lost while working.
Pros
getting free snacks
Great group of employees
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 28, 2016
Shoppers is a great company to work for. Having a discount at Shoppers is absolutely wonderful!
Co-workers are great
Store is the highest volume in the city
We don't get our 15 min breaks, only 30 min lunch
Fun and upbuilding atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canmore, ABAugust 28, 2016
A typical shift as a part time Cashier at Shoppers Drug Mart involves many transactions that could include taking cash, cheque, US bank notes, credit/debit, and gift cards.
Also includes making sure all shelves/displays are tidy, your workspace is tidy, helping customers find products, and providing customer service.
Management is pleasant, helpful, and upbuilding. They work together with all departments and really do listen to employee suggestions.
The kinds of people you will find working at Shoppers Drug Mart are fun to work with and encouraging.
The hardest part of the job really depends on who you are as a person. For some it could be the physical aspects of the job: time is mostly spent standing
or the organization of sale tags.
The most enjoyable part of the job, in my opinion, was the association and encouragement I received from my co-workers and superiors.
Pros
customer discount
Cons
late nights
Fun and fast paced
Customer service / cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Walmart down in New BrunswickI enjoyed being cashier customer service dealing with the public I met a lot of people. My bosses were good to me considering that I was from Montreal do try to accommodate me and everything that was great the generosity and warmth I felt from my employees
Pros
Shopping
Cons
Rude people
Co-op position
Co-op through OCAPDD (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2016
I worked as a Co-op employee and didn't get paid for the experience. The term was short. I learned to rotate stock and kept the shelves stocked. The store is located at Carling Avenue across from Carlingwood Shopping Centre. I live in Orleans and had to take three buses to get to the position. I worked hard and hoped to be hired but was not.
Cons
short term co-op position
Productive Work Place
Makeup Artist/Skin care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
I learned how to maintenance a fun environment so that way long hours of work flies by. Also time management and played role of a team player
Pros
Events
Cons
Late night shifts
overall a good experiecnce
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at my job was to attend customers, handle cash and general cleaning and stock. I learned how to better resolve customer issues and concerns. I got along with all of the staff and was able to communicate any concerns I may have had. I enjoyed the environment that the staff members created, very much a family feel. For the most part my job was fairly straight forward, if I really had to think on it, Lotto sales and claims. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge that I have been able to provide customers with the right information for their everyday and future needs.
decent
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 22, 2016
it was pretty good the experience was nice so were the people who worked there. The environment was also pretty nice overall it was a very nice job I enjoyed it
Pros
Management is good
Reliable crew, reliable hours
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONAugust 21, 2016
Shifts were easily covered by our reliable crew members and there was not a lot of shifts understaffed. Every week I was promised as well as given full time hours(upon request) even though i was only hired part time
Pros
commission, discount
Cons
the location
Good
Front store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2016
Was a great experience but definitely nothing long term.I love the co workers , but I feel like I did too much for what The pay was. I enjoy interacting with people and thats what kept me there so long.
Typical Retail Experience
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a positive experience. The job was fast paced sometimes but could also be slow paced at times. Every shift was pretty consistent with the same tasks.
Pros
Easy to get into
Cons
Late closing time
Terrible management but enjoyed working with makeup.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2016
Loved working as a cosmetician, was able to build a solid clientele and learnt about all kinds of brands by going to (sometimes) paid seminars. Free makeup was cool. Coworkers were nice.

Management was terrible though, not supportive and negative, expected too much and wasn't appreciative. Wasn't treated with respect there by management. Didn't think this company would be that bad, but maybe it was just that store, keep in mind each store is individually owned.
Pros
discount, free makeup, cosmetic experience
Cons
poor management
was a coop
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2016
it was a co-op i loved working there learned new thing daily was able to learn multitasking and grew a relationship well with my co-workers, hardest part was the constant lifting
Great work place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 16, 2016
It was great work at but when I was there, this merchandise manager thought that he actually own the place. He would call help when I don't need it. But other than him, it was great. Had to quite due to school.
Pros
job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
I had the best supervisors who where fun and supportive, easygoing ( most of them) . The salary was okay. All the people were generally polite to me. Great customer service.
Pros
30% on almost everything in store, good team work
Cons
Many nights shifts, not equal for everyone, salary
perfect working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 15, 2016
working with shoppers is a little bit stressful but it is the best place for a pharmacist to gain experience, the manager was a very good person my preceptor was very collaborative and supportive the best part in the work we were working as a team
Fun Workplace
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2016
I enjoy working at shoppers because of our shoppers culture, it gives everyone of the employee the chance to grow and enhance their talents thru customer service and other parts of the store.
An aspiration to move up in the company is always acknowledged.
FRONT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SDM 2275 THE RITZ, COAL HARBOUR, VANCOUVER B.C.August 13, 2016
FSM's job starts by planning the workflow of the day. I usually walk around the store with a pen and paper for a quick notes to fix and to do listing as part of the daily routine. I learned that delegation is the best way to complete more tasks of the day as the new principle says, "work smarter not harder". The hardest part of the job is how to develop an almost accurate forsythe to supply the demands based on trends. And lastly, I am looking forward for the next SDM conference as the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
30% discount as an employee.
Cons
Long Hours of work.
Productive and great workplace with amazing employees
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart was an exceptional place to co-op at, the work was good, I picked up and improved on many valuable skills and the co-workers and management were even better than I had imagined they could be. The hardest part of the co-op itself was leaving, although the most enjoyable had to be coming in everyday with a positive attitude to see and talk to other people that felt the same way.
Pros
Good hours, good work, good employees, good management
Cons
Sometimes heavy lifting
Friendly workers, customers and very flexible schedule.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, customer service from other workers is amazing and everyone is eager to help. I am looking for a new job simply because im not getting even 15 hours a week, nothing against the store or employers,

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location