Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,543 reviews matching the search
Excellent Location
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Acton, ONJuly 30, 2016
The location I worked for I could not have asked for better people to work with. They were very understanding and compassionate group of people. I will be sad to have to leave them.
Excellent Midnight Hours 10 hours 7 on 7 off
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 29, 2016
Excellent independent work on midnights..super busy store....must be Quick and Accurate On Cash. Always Something to Do...ALWAYS...Do Your Work ...Do Extras..Work Hard..Be Nothing But Professional..don't get involved in gossip....Loved My Job
Pros
30 % off.... Great Shift
Cons
Very unprofessional..gossipy managementteam. Horrible..even in staff room..gossiped about staff.
Excellente expérience
Commis / Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2016
Une endroit très intéressant pour travailler qui m'a permis d'augmenter mon experiencie dans les divers domaines qui sont impliqués dans ce genre d'affaires (service à la clientèle, le marketing, les achats, les commandes, la logistique et les ventes).
Every day is something different
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJuly 26, 2016
Being in a customer service oriented industry, each shift is a new experience and I see new and familiar faces every day. Being a team player is an asset.
Pros
Large corporation
Cons
In store galas to plan
Professional work place
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ONJuly 26, 2016
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the intensity of the work flow but as time progresses, it becomes easier. The best part of the job is that your helping people and that is an amazing feeling.
Productive Fast Paced work place with a great learning experience
Font Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ONJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves me maintaining the stores satisfaction for all employee's and customers, while giving the Manager's a helping hand so our day runs smoothly. I have learned a huge amount of customer service experience from this job, and I've entailed great leadership and organization skills. The easiest part of my job is my co-workers, as they make work a fun place to be. The hardest part of my job is that you have to have good time-management skills in order to be a supervisor, as it's a very fast paced environment with lot's of employee's, and you always want to end your day on a good note knowing the store ran smoothly and your co-workers and customers left the store happy.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
Productivity and friendly work environment
IT Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2016
Enjoying of work with professional group
Learning new skills such as SharePoint exchange Active Directory VM,....
Well organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Pros
Learning New Skills
Cons
Long Driving
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 24, 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
productive and fun place to work
Co op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 22, 2016
I learned how to run cash and work with the merchandising team as well as made sure the customers were happy and satisfied.
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 22, 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
Good team environment with excellent management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 21, 2016
Possibly the best management team I have ever worked under. Gave good direction and instruction while being friendly and easy to approach. I was never left wondering who was in charge.
customer service
Cashier, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownJuly 20, 2016
Worked all departments within store , Store was ran well and had a good knowledge base of customer service. The store had no room for growth within the company witch was a downside to working there .
productive and fun, usually always busy.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at work would be walking in greeting everyone as you see them. Also seeing if anything urgent to be done. I learned working as a team and communication is a huge part of any job.

hardest part of my job was getting everything sorted and put anyway before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping out costumers and hearing there stories.
Pros
always busy
Satisfying experience in a reputable franchise where exceptional customer/patient relations was taught and crucial for success within the company.
Pharmacy Assistant (Occasional) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 18, 2016
- Daily duties consisted of constant patient handling and provision of healthcare advice, accurate drug dispensing and medical document management, direct and/or extensive telecommunications with doctors, hospital administration, health insurance companies, and other pharmacies across Ontario.

- This job allowed me to gain a broader understanding of current pharmacological practices as well as observe the ongoing growth of scope of practice within the field. Additionally my telecommunication skills, ability to perform and problem solve under tight deadlines, and customer/patient relations skills vastly grew.

- I had to opportunity to work with individuals varying in age and education level. Specifically, my superiors were persons with several years of schooling and business experience. I experienced difficulty at times managing high volume prescriptions throughout the day, however throughout my time at the company learned how to effectively allocate my time and complete all my assigned work. The most satisfying part of the job was the ability to see the growth in the health care field which gave me greater insight into future careers I may want to pursue.
Keswick shoppers drug mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 18, 2016
Started off as a nice place to work. The training wasn't very helpful, you have to kind of pick things up along the way. There was times were you'd get in trouble for not knowing something you were never taught.
I enjoyed working with certain people. Some were very kind and helpful, but I couldn't go to the management for anything because a lot of them were bullies.
The actual owner of the store is nice but I don't think they're aware of how the management treats people, especially young people.
A lot of people bail on shifts and never got in trouble but if young kids had a legit reason they couldn't come in even emergency situations they'd get in trouble.
Pros
The actual store is nice, clean and organized
Cons
Management is full of bullies
Wonderful company to work for.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 17, 2016
I've learned lots working with Shoppers Drug Mart over the past while. I recommend the company to anyone. I started out as a cashier when I was young and now I'm 24 still working for the same company and I have no complaints.
Pros
discount
Love to meet new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 14, 2016
Lack of communication between employee and employer
the most enjoyable is the customer fun to engage in a conversation
Good co workers and always one that is terrible
I have learned that there is a lot of wonderful people out there and companies that make your day.
Pros
free products
Cons
difficult situations
productive
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 13, 2016
merchaindising skills , cashering skills , customer service skills , nice people , nice manager good eviromnment to work in
good
Amazing staff, horrible hours
Cashier/Merchandiser/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 13, 2016
Overall, the management team is awesome. I have been trained in a few areas that have helped me to build up my resume and personal character. Taking into consideration that summer is our slow season, hour cuts have become inevitable. I have seniority above a handful of staff members who seem to retain a greater number of hours than I do. In spite of explaining my situation, this is still a recurring issue.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prescription fees, awesome clearance items
Cons
Limited hours

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location