Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,935 reviews matching the search
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL20 September 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Depends on associate
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2017
In shoppers it's all depend on associate. Some associate doesn't work at all in the pharmacy and forcing to work other pharmacist even if they are scheduled on duty for themselves. Ofcourse everywhere it's good learning time, but working here it's kind of slavery which is better than rexall..atleast you will get good pay and raises.
good benefits but less competitive salary
Clinical Pharmacist (Relief) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
work environment, salary, and work life balance is dependent on owner. Its very difficult to have owner who takes care of employee with business. Growth of pharmacist is decided by owner only.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less competitive wages
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
stay away, trust me
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2017
Terrible company to work for. No one makes a decent living here except for the fsm, owner and pharmacists. The benefits for full timers are garbage and they don't pay overtime.

Frequent head office visits from the DM and other various corporate people put a lot of stress and pressure on the staff.

Pros
Cons
low pay, no overtime, frequent head office visits, not enough training
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
Great Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2017
It was a lot of fun working with such great people. The benefits were nice and management treated you with respect. The hours were long at times and working around the holidays was stressful but, the rest of the year was beyond wonderful.
Great Job
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 February 2017
Great place to work. Friendly, flexible, training.
Good management, room for promotion, good benefits.
Fun and yet professional. Lots of experience to be gained.
Fast Paced Work Place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
# Learnt a lot from SDM, positive and negative, for example:

- Skills and patient care (positive)

- Never try contact HR or head office managers, for sure you will be in trouble (negative)

# Professional environment but too much unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Busy and Unrealistic Expectations
Wonderful job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC2 March 2017
Great environment to work, wonderful staff and a great atmosphere. They pay well based on skill and knowledge on the job.
Pros
Cake day once a month, lots of praise and employee discounts and benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Still need improvement
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 October 2016
In overall Shoppers Drug Mart is good but still need improvement to become leading in the market. During my Job some time i feel lack of professionalism or lack of operational control. Some nights i worked alone despite of heavy flow of work and some time unnecessarily more staff and less work. Most importantly salary is quite low. They must have to introduce special bonus for night shift to motivate staff to continue work with shoppers.
Long Serving employee and have generally been a great company
Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my 20+ years with this company. Have seen many changes over the years and all have been good.
Benefits are less than desired However salary and perks are sufficient.
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
Comfortable, but proffesional
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 January 2017
Store can be very exclusive sometimes, but the joy comes from helping the customers and the employees. I always have a smile on my face, and enjoy the aspect of continuous learning.
Pros
People
Cons
part-time are not entitled to any benefits of importance
low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
very low pay supervisors always mad a place for drama is here at shoppers nice shifts avail get 30% discount and the raise is really low if any you can do bette
Amazing team to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
Very good manager, owner, and environment.
Treatment of workers is amazing, very cool team.
Benefits for employees are awesome, overall extremely enjoyable environment to work in and a lot of room for growth.
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location