Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,712 reviews matching the search
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL20 September 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
fun place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 August 2016
A typical day at the workplace was going into the back room, getting a cart full of products, then taking the cart onto the floor and stock the shelves. While at this workplace I learned that I could lift more than I thought I could, also that I'm good at dealing with costumers whether they are happy or not. Management was good at this workplace, very organized and everything always planned out. My co-workers were so helpful, positive, and out going. If I had any questions they would answer them no problem. The hardest part about the job was having to carry a lot of heavy things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeing like I was part of a family and never feeling lost while working.
Pros
getting free snacks
Cons
Great place to work with a very friendly culture
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
Shoppers is a great job for a student who requires flexibility with regards to scheduling. At my location the management was excellent and everyone was very friendly. I made some good friends working at shoppers. I also improved my customer service skills, and eventually earned a promotion. There is room for advancement for those who try hard and focus on what they are doing. The hardest part of any retail job is the occasional difficult customer. Thankfully at shoppers the management was very respectful to the employees and would not always side with the customer. My co-workers were excellent and everyone got along very well. The best aspect of this job was the workplace culture.
Pros
Work with many great people
Productive Fast Paced work place with a great learning experience
Font Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON26 July 2016
A typical day at work involves me maintaining the stores satisfaction for all employee's and customers, while giving the Manager's a helping hand so our day runs smoothly. I have learned a huge amount of customer service experience from this job, and I've entailed great leadership and organization skills. The easiest part of my job is my co-workers, as they make work a fun place to be. The hardest part of my job is that you have to have good time-management skills in order to be a supervisor, as it's a very fast paced environment with lot's of employee's, and you always want to end your day on a good note knowing the store ran smoothly and your co-workers and customers left the store happy.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times
Stimulating and productive workplace with an excellent team
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 August 2016
High-volume exciting work environment kept me professionally engaged for the full length of each shift. Incredibly competent staff (in both management and assisting roles) made the demanding workload manageable. Very fair compensation, but minimal job security.
Pros
high-intensity workday is mentally engaging
Cons
minimal job security
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
Friendly atmosphere with great co-workers
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day at work was repetitive, but, somedays were different which would be exciting. I learned A LOT about every aspect of retail operations which i am extremely grateful for. Management in store was great along with an amazing team of co-workers. The hardest challenges were having to always be on top of everything, but that is the most enjoyable part also, knowing I could rise to all challenge.
Pros
Employee Discount Program
Cons
Long hours, very little flexibility.
Management don't know what they are doing.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 October 2016
Great company. But the managemeant is making the company look bad. Management is like a clique. They micromanage and are very disorganized. More concerned with appearing like all is good instead of actually taking care of the store. No work life balance. Expect employees to live their job. Very stressful place to work.
Pros
Great discount.most of the other staff is good.
Cons
No set schedule./management tend to bully staff.
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Relaxed environment
Front End Supervisor/cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 August 2016
I mostly enjoy working at Shoppers but have encountered co-workers that are not really "team" oriented. Some will "throw you under the bus" to make themselves look better.
Pay rates are kept secret but do know that they are not necessarily fair and equal. It seems to be up to the descretion of whoever to give certain people a raise.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling days off, great manager, entrusted with responsibility
Cons
workplace drama, not necessarily equal/fair pay, annoying co-workers
Pleasant Experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON15 November 2016
I have worked for Shoppers Drug Mart for over 15 years. I have always been treated fairly by the management and staff. A typical day at work includes opening the store, preparing the tills for the day, doing the deposit and then facing and organizing the items on the shelves. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work.
Pros
Friendly staff, room to grow (SDM University), fair wage, discount
Cons
Long hours on feet
Team culture working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 December 2016
Typical day at work is handling customers photos as well answering and solving customers questions.
Managements are very supportive to help create a team culture working environment. Co-workers are easy to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is to able to help customer to develop their memories from their vacation and life.
Easy Student Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
Typical Shift:
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Rep and a bit of Merchandising.

Pros:
Team feels like family, supportive training, great benefits (i.e. employee discount and prescriptions), safe environment, part time for students

Cons:
Minimum Wage
Pros
Good Training, Supportive Employers, Benefits, Employee Discount, Safe Environment
Cons
Minimum Wage, Small Raises
I would not recommend this to anyone I like
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 September 2016
I enjoyed the job, customers and co workers. Very good sales so I would spend much of my pay cheque there. Unfortunately this business common practice was to harass anyone that they wanted to get rid of so they would quit. Unfortunately I was one of those people.
Pros
Good benefits, great co workers
Cons
Harass employees until they quit, poor management
Extremely bad Management team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Skymark9 September 2016
Impossible Quality/Reg directorship to work for.
Very controlling, constantly looking over employees' shoulder and lack of respect to others.
Director humiliates others.
No room for improvement or advancement either.
Pros
Good benefits and pension
Cons
Disrespectful QA/Reg directorship

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location