Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Stock Management
Inventory Control
Optimum Sales
Handling Cash

A typical day would be handling consumers at the cash point of sale, and putting out stock and front facing inventory on the shelves.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Takes to long to advance
It was a fun time!
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
The people were nice and so were the hours. The owner of my Shoppers Drug Mart was very kind and would not hesitate to talk to me one on one if there was ever an issue or a question I had that needed to be answered.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 July 2017
Starting day at work is very enjoyable to see all the friendly staff. Great manager and owner to work for. Best part of the job is talking to customers and helping them with what they needed. Most favourite taking picture for passport/visa
Environnement de travail parfait
Gérante adjointe (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC18 July 2017
J'ai adoré travailler pour eux. Mon emploi était contractuel.
fun but boring
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
working at shoppers was fun but management in my department wasn't the best, you get decent hours and a typical day at work was kinda slow. hardest part was dealing with people who think they know everything.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
dead
Somewhat fun
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2017
Honestly it just depends on whos your manager and your location, real 50/50 with working for shoppers from what ive experienced. other that that its fun, especially in the makeup department.
Pros
discount on important things
Cons
long hours, inconsiderate of personal life
Productive and Fun Place to work at!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belle River, ON14 July 2017
A typical day at work for a shoppers employee includes either being on cash, or being back up cash while stocking the shelves. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at shoppers drug mart! It is a very comfortable and challenging place to work at, but everyone is very assuring and helps you when in need:) The most challenging part of working at shoppers drug mart is working with difficult customers, or juggling a few jobs at once. Although in the beginning it is tricky, working at shoppers has taught me many skills that i will use throughout my future career.
Pros
Management is Amazing!, They always spend their time to go out their way to make their employees days better!
Cons
None!
Great Company
Vice President, SC, RA & Corp Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is an iconic Canadian Company that is innovative, responsive and a great place to work.

The people that work there are passionate about what they do which makes this a great place to work.
Pros
Innovative company
Cons
Aging systems
Excellent Owner and staff.
Beauty Boutique Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks , AB Canada14 July 2017
excellent employer and staff. I enjoyed working there. It was a balanced environment with good moral.
All the Beauty Boutique associates were helpful and we shared a common goal of customer satisfaction.
Good place to learn customer service
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
I work in a 24 hour store so the 7-8 hours shifts can be 7 days a week starting from early morning and ending up to midnight.

Pharmacy customers can sometimes be demanding, wanting their drugs faster than we have the manpower for given the volume of incoming prescriptions. Unfortunately, we can't process all prescriptions in 20 mins or less because we have so many prescriptions and limited rotation of staff.
Pros
intelligent coworkers, free annual employee events bbq, xmas, sporting events
Cons
workload very high, earn slightly above min wage, stressful as mistakes can be expensive/deadly, not enough training from management
Great place to work, but too much drama within management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 July 2017
I loved the jobs I had to do at shoppers drug mart. I enjoyed the job but hated the gossip and drama that happened within upper management. The environment working here was awful. Always walking on egg shells. No sense of community and as an employee did not feel valued by the company. The actual job and the tasks I was responsible for were what made the job enjoyable.
Pros
learned lots, always busy, fast paced
Cons
management, unprofessional, drama, gossip
Love my job with my shoppers family!!
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for. The support and training that is offered is by far the best I have ever received. The benefits and wages are comparable to any other chain store
Pros
You are treated fairly
Cons
Sometimes it seems like we always have the same promotional offers
great hours
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 July 2017
the downside to this job is that the pharmacist owns the store and they do not pay well, they feel everyone can be replaced. They do not value employees
Pros
30% off
Cons
no money
its not the worst
cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 July 2017
Shoppers drug mart (at hillside mall) isnt the worst job but it isnt the best. Its good if your looking for part time, they will not give you full time and they cut hours.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at shoppers i worked as a front cash supervisor. And merchandiser. It is a very friendly place to work the ataff and managers were amazing and a delight to work with.
Ok part time job
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS9 July 2017
Ok for a first job or something part time. Pretty typical retail stuff.
30% discount off regular price. However, prices are usually cheaper than that elsewhere.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
retail
Horrible management
Cosmetic Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay Ontario8 July 2017
Treated as if every employee is completely replaceable. Absolutely no support by franchise owner or corporate. Instead of selling cosmetics, I regularly had to ring front store grocery purchases through my cosmetics department since the store was constantly short staffed. Blamed for theft occurrence because we were always short staffed. No support in attending out of town training sessions. I could go on and on. By far my worst work experience.
Pros
Working with cosmetics, co workers were great
Cons
Literally everything else.
Can be a mix of bad and good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON8 July 2017
While working with the company it has been great. I love the people who i work with. The only thing that gets annoying is the lack of communication, and the favoritism of some staff over others.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Repetative, Cliquey
Productive and exciting workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2017
* I had a co-op placement at the pharmacy
* hardest part of the job was adjusting to different customers and their needs
* most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers
Simple yet fulfilling
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work simply involved stoking shelves and helping customers bring their products to their vehicles if they required assistance. Through the work, I learned how to create restock quickly and efficiently, while making displays look visually appealing. I also learned how to interact with customers in order to make them feel like a welcomed customer. Management was very kind and understanding, however hours were not very flexible. The culture of the workplace was very relaxed when it came to staff interaction, with the exception of one or two members who were not very approachable. The most enjoyable part of the job had to have been the ability to help those who needed assistance, specifically, elderly customers who needed help getting their purchases to their cars.
Pros
Relatively long breaks (30-45 minutes), beverages provided during the shift
Cons
Hours not flexible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location