Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,863 reviews matching the search
Quick promotion
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 February 2017
In a typical day, the day would go very fast, non stop working and communicating, I learned valuable managerial skills that enabled me to be promoted within three months. Some management are protective of their employees and invest time in training. Workplace culture is quite like a family. Hardest part of the job is time management. The enjoyable part of the job is the interaction and the satisfaction of completing a day.
Pros
advancement
Cons
hard work
Satisfactory
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 February 2017
Ensuring that cash staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
Human resource functions of cash staff, including but not limited to, scheduling hours and vacations, training, coaching and performance management.
Resolves customer complaints ensuring exceptional customer service.
Maintaining and controlling cash registers and works with Front Store Manager in order to maintain balanced inventory.
Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines.
Planning, organizing and supporting all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
A Friendly working environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
There was a time that the store is busy and lots of things need to be done like storing some items in the shelfs. I learned how to managed my time efficiently to finished all my checklist in timely manner. The management was good in maintaining the store productive and improve employee relations. The hardest part of the job was to maximize your effort to finish the work that has been given by the manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was everyone is helping each other to work and have good camaraderie
Personal review from a previous Shoppers Drugmart employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
As a previous employee at Shoppers Drug Mart, I would deal with customers back to back, enhancing my ability to deal with tough situations and also how to speak with customers to make them feel comfortable. At my location management wasn't the greatest, however, that did not stop me from learning a great amount of things. What I found difficult about the job, in my own experience, was doing a lot more than my pay grade. However, working at Shoppers Drug Mart overall was an amazing experience, and helped me gain many of the skills I use now on a day to day basis.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, family like feel.
Cons
Not enough hours to distribute to everyone
Energetic and stimulating work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Yonge, ON7 February 2017
We work as a team, handling customer sales in a fast and accurate manner, dealing with customer complaints and keeping the sales floor as spectacular as possible, free of clutter and every product on the shelf perfectly faced. A typical day is filled with interacting with diverse customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with your fellow workers while working as a team.
Pros
great fellow workers
Cons
short hours
It's a job, at the least.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 February 2017
The coworkers are fantastic, fun, friendly, and the customer base is very large and diverse. Managers are open to feedback and are typically very understanding.

Hours are scant for part-timers, and many employees are very often asked to perform the work fit for two or even three people in a fast-paced environment. Most of the managers seem less than interested in helping out cashiers during the day, and the supervisors are spread too thinly during the night.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers, 30% discount on most products
Cons
Crude HR practices, little assistance from managers
Positive Work Environment
Strong Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Shoppers Drugmart, in my opinion is a very good place to obtain work experience and work with friendly staff. It is a great place to learn how a retail store works and operates on a daily basis. Overall I believe Shoppers Drugmart to have a very positive work environment that is especially great for people with very little experience who would like to earn some. Shoppers Drugmart is a great place to work.
Pros
Job experience, friendly staff, positive work enviroment
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive and overall organized company to work for.
Merchandiser & Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
Great position for young, busy bodies. Demanding and always something to do. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of it but the most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and seeing the pay off/finished product. Management is great and always accommodating to personal/work life balance. I've learned better time-management skills and organization skills as well as customer service.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Physical aspect (i.e. heavy lifting)
great job if your not easily flustered by angry customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 January 2017
it can be a great job. if everyone's on the same page and there are clear guidelines set as to policy procedures "and they follow them" it can be a great place. hardest part of the job is maneuvering around the fact that some employees are not on the same page and customers get told different answers to the same questions. also small stores don't always have loss prevention personnel in the store so shoplifting situations can become a scene if workers aren't properly trained.
Productive and calm environment
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
A typical day at work would be very easy going,It was co-op I learned how to read the number on bar codes, Management was very good with me.My co-workers were very respectful and treated me with kindness.The hardest part of the job was learning how to make labels on the computer and transferring them to the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with what they needed.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Leaving
Great work experience
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2017
This was a great company to work for I learnt a lot from cash-to Merchandise Manager.
I then worked in the office as a Store tec. coordinator and Acquisition Coordinator.
I enjoyed this job the best as I got to travel and help in training the staff in the new stores.
Built files for the new products and taking over of the source store in Kimberly.
I had to wear a lot of different hats.
Pros
Lots of training and courses offered
Cons
had to be on call 24/7 even on holidays
Nothing is really consistent because they're small stores.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 January 2017
I imagine the experience of working at Shoppers comes with the same issues as with any small store. How enjoyable your job is depends upon a group of 20-30 coworkers and one store owner. From the accounts I hear from employees at other stores there are many things that vary.

The long-term issue is the limited advancement potential; if the store is stable there are virtually no opportunities to be more than a supervisor.

Scheduling at my particular store is fairly inconsistent. It's a long process for part-time people to become full-time and if one or two full-timers take a week off then the sky is falling.

If you're just looking for a part-time casual gig it's great.
Shoppers was a great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB13 February 2017
This was a great job!
I loved working at Shoppers. There was always something to do. Management and coworkers were wonderful. Pay was expected and I loved the staff discount!
I wouldn't have left this position if my family obligations didn't demand that I do at the time.
The hardest part of this job for me was stocking the milk as I'm medically unable to lift over 20lbs.
Pros
Store discount
Fast paced dynamic environment
Manager BI & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Driven by Loblaw today. Business is booming. Unlike in the past, Lot of investment in Technology. Opportunities to learn and grow.Old management team has been replaced be a culture from a large corporate organization with emphasis on formal standard processes.. So people who liked the old small world casual close environment will be disappointed.
Pros
Good Business
Cons
Retail is based on sales and performance of each store managers
Merchandiser-Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Very high expectation, but little being done for staff members concerns. There is a high retention rate in this store due to management's mis communications, problem solving, and other conflicts for both staff and customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
paid little, but basicly to keep you around, you have to beg more which is not easy to do and wont come easily
Cashier, Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC8 December 2016
My managers are great, coworkers are great, 30% discount is great, and optimum points are amazing too.
I'm mostly merchandiser so my typical shift is usually doing order work, meaning putting product out onto the shelves and such. I deal with customer service, answering the phone calls, fetching carts from outside, taking out the garbage(mostly cardboard boxes) and helping out my coworkers.

Overall I think the only hardest part of my job is dealing with cardboard cuts and angry customers.
Pros
Coworkers
stay away, trust me
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2017
Terrible company to work for. No one makes a decent living here except for the fsm, owner and pharmacists. The benefits for full timers are garbage and they don't pay overtime.

Frequent head office visits from the DM and other various corporate people put a lot of stress and pressure on the staff.

Pros
Cons
low pay, no overtime, frequent head office visits, not enough training
great workplace for anyone
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON9 February 2017
I absolutely love it here at Shoppers Drug Mart! I have been working here for almost 4 years. There are ups and downs while working at any job. The staff are very supportive and will help you with anything you need. Everyone usually has a smile on their face while working, A typical day at work for me is an enjoyable day. The hardest part about this job is dealing with unhappy customers.
Poorly treated by management, not given employee benefits.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint-Lazare, QC6 December 2016
I was responsible for my cash, and printing photos. Most shifts; 4-9, 5-10 or 9-5. Management did not treat employees well. I was not allowed to call in sick. I was made to work 25 hours a week even while I was a full-time student, when I specifically asked for less. Co-workers were amazing, positive and energetic. Hardest part of the job was dealing with being treated poorly. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers.
Pros
Consistent breaks.
Cons
Poor management
Good hours, friendly team.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elora, ON12 December 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart is a great place to work. Working at the Elora Shoppers Drug Mart it got quiet often and was sometimes boring but there was always stuff to do to pass the time. The team was nice and friendly and there was a good training system. Starting out, the storage room was confusing but once working there for a while it got easier.
Pros
Reasonable amount of breaks and good training system.
Cons
Quiet and boring times.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location