Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,941 reviews matching the search
Quick promotion
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 February 2017
In a typical day, the day would go very fast, non stop working and communicating, I learned valuable managerial skills that enabled me to be promoted within three months. Some management are protective of their employees and invest time in training. Workplace culture is quite like a family. Hardest part of the job is time management. The enjoyable part of the job is the interaction and the satisfaction of completing a day.
Pros
advancement
Cons
hard work
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
Fast paced dynamic environment
Manager BI & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Driven by Loblaw today. Business is booming. Unlike in the past, Lot of investment in Technology. Opportunities to learn and grow.Old management team has been replaced be a culture from a large corporate organization with emphasis on formal standard processes.. So people who liked the old small world casual close environment will be disappointed.
Pros
Good Business
Cons
Swift Current is the WORST MANAGED Shoppers...
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK7 February 2017
If you have any concerns and attempt to contact HR, you will be fired. Swift Current location has THE most micro managing, unprofessional and unapproachable management team that I've ever come across. The Associate is discouraging when it comes to participating in the educational courses that Shoppers offers, is unethical in his methods when dealing with customer, employee and corporate head office concerns, as well as immoral. This location has had numerous complaints to head office about the treatment of the employees by the Associate. You MAY receive recognition of the work you do, but it will be at the expense of your coworkers. The gossip, and alienated feeling the "team" gives you outweighs any positive aspects. I wouldn't wish employment at this location for my worst enemy...
Pros
The Shoppers Corporation offers many opportunities, but the Swift Current location Associate will trump this
Cons
The Associate and his Management "Team"
Satisfactory
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 February 2017
Ensuring that cash staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
Human resource functions of cash staff, including but not limited to, scheduling hours and vacations, training, coaching and performance management.
Resolves customer complaints ensuring exceptional customer service.
Maintaining and controlling cash registers and works with Front Store Manager in order to maintain balanced inventory.
Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines.
Planning, organizing and supporting all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
Professional and Divers Culture
Vendor and Project Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Proper Work/Life Balance
Good environment and potential career growth
Professional and Divers Culture across the organization
Vendor and project Management
Great place to start for students
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
Working at 2 different Shoppers Drug Mart locations, I've had 2 different experiences. My first experience was great. Management was organized and had a great training experience. The employees I worked with were great too. My second experience was the total opposite. All of this affects the workplace culture. The hardest part about the job was probably time management as a supervisor. The most enjoyable was being able to interact with many different people as a cashier.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Hit and miss with management
good benefits but less competitive salary
Clinical Pharmacist (Relief) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
work environment, salary, and work life balance is dependent on owner. Its very difficult to have owner who takes care of employee with business. Growth of pharmacist is decided by owner only.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less competitive wages
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
Productive and overall organized company to work for.
Merchandiser & Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
Great position for young, busy bodies. Demanding and always something to do. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of it but the most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and seeing the pay off/finished product. Management is great and always accommodating to personal/work life balance. I've learned better time-management skills and organization skills as well as customer service.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Physical aspect (i.e. heavy lifting)
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL20 September 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Great Job
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 February 2017
Great place to work. Friendly, flexible, training.
Good management, room for promotion, good benefits.
Fun and yet professional. Lots of experience to be gained.
Great work/life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
Team was very understanding of work/life balance and had excellent job security and reasonable pay. Advancement was near impossible to much politics!!!
Depends on associate
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2017
In shoppers it's all depend on associate. Some associate doesn't work at all in the pharmacy and forcing to work other pharmacist even if they are scheduled on duty for themselves. Ofcourse everywhere it's good learning time, but working here it's kind of slavery which is better than rexall..atleast you will get good pay and raises.
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Don't work here
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON22 January 2017
Don't work here for cosmetics. Cosmetic manager's do not last, I feel sorry for anyone working in cosmetics. The owner and management believe you should want to be there all the time and schedule unpaid events for the staff to attend. This place is a toxic working environment that requires head office intervention.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor culture
fun place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 August 2016
A typical day at the workplace was going into the back room, getting a cart full of products, then taking the cart onto the floor and stock the shelves. While at this workplace I learned that I could lift more than I thought I could, also that I'm good at dealing with costumers whether they are happy or not. Management was good at this workplace, very organized and everything always planned out. My co-workers were so helpful, positive, and out going. If I had any questions they would answer them no problem. The hardest part about the job was having to carry a lot of heavy things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeing like I was part of a family and never feeling lost while working.
Pros
getting free snacks
A good place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 January 2017
The day starts with going thru emails and read the in store web daily information . Follow by a store walk with one of my assistants , we make sure all company's standards are in place , creating a daily list and plan our day then work the plan .
I learned people management , time management and how to meet deadlines .
As a manager you need to explain the What , How and then the Why, to be able to have your staff on board .
The hardest part of the job is to make the people around you think same like you , when this is accomplished you reached your goal .
Management are key people , as a manger you need to train them , trust them and follow up to make sure the tasks get done properly .
The most enjoyable part is meeting sales target or beating it and then celebrate the success . As well when you have a company's project and you met deadline executing it .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location