Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,534 reviews matching the search
productive and fun place to work
Co op Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 22, 2016
I learned how to run cash and work with the merchandising team as well as made sure the customers were happy and satisfied.
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 22, 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
Good team environment with excellent management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 21, 2016
Possibly the best management team I have ever worked under. Gave good direction and instruction while being friendly and easy to approach. I was never left wondering who was in charge.
customer service
Cashier, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgetownJuly 20, 2016
Worked all departments within store , Store was ran well and had a good knowledge base of customer service. The store had no room for growth within the company witch was a downside to working there .
productive and fun, usually always busy.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at work would be walking in greeting everyone as you see them. Also seeing if anything urgent to be done. I learned working as a team and communication is a huge part of any job.

hardest part of my job was getting everything sorted and put anyway before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping out costumers and hearing there stories.
Pros
always busy
Satisfying experience in a reputable franchise where exceptional customer/patient relations was taught and crucial for success within the company.
Pharmacy Assistant (Occasional) (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 18, 2016
- Daily duties consisted of constant patient handling and provision of healthcare advice, accurate drug dispensing and medical document management, direct and/or extensive telecommunications with doctors, hospital administration, health insurance companies, and other pharmacies across Ontario.

- This job allowed me to gain a broader understanding of current pharmacological practices as well as observe the ongoing growth of scope of practice within the field. Additionally my telecommunication skills, ability to perform and problem solve under tight deadlines, and customer/patient relations skills vastly grew.

- I had to opportunity to work with individuals varying in age and education level. Specifically, my superiors were persons with several years of schooling and business experience. I experienced difficulty at times managing high volume prescriptions throughout the day, however throughout my time at the company learned how to effectively allocate my time and complete all my assigned work. The most satisfying part of the job was the ability to see the growth in the health care field which gave me greater insight into future careers I may want to pursue.
Keswick shoppers drug mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 18, 2016
Started off as a nice place to work. The training wasn't very helpful, you have to kind of pick things up along the way. There was times were you'd get in trouble for not knowing something you were never taught.
I enjoyed working with certain people. Some were very kind and helpful, but I couldn't go to the management for anything because a lot of them were bullies.
The actual owner of the store is nice but I don't think they're aware of how the management treats people, especially young people.
A lot of people bail on shifts and never got in trouble but if young kids had a legit reason they couldn't come in even emergency situations they'd get in trouble.
Pros
The actual store is nice, clean and organized
Cons
Management is full of bullies
Wonderful company to work for.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJuly 17, 2016
I've learned lots working with Shoppers Drug Mart over the past while. I recommend the company to anyone. I started out as a cashier when I was young and now I'm 24 still working for the same company and I have no complaints.
Pros
discount
Love to meet new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  CalgaryJuly 14, 2016
Lack of communication between employee and employer
the most enjoyable is the customer fun to engage in a conversation
Good co workers and always one that is terrible
I have learned that there is a lot of wonderful people out there and companies that make your day.
Pros
free products
Cons
difficult situations
productive
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 13, 2016
merchaindising skills , cashering skills , customer service skills , nice people , nice manager good eviromnment to work in
good
Amazing staff, horrible hours
Cashier/Merchandiser/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 13, 2016
Overall, the management team is awesome. I have been trained in a few areas that have helped me to build up my resume and personal character. Taking into consideration that summer is our slow season, hour cuts have become inevitable. I have seniority above a handful of staff members who seem to retain a greater number of hours than I do. In spite of explaining my situation, this is still a recurring issue.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prescription fees, awesome clearance items
Cons
Limited hours
good
Full-time staff pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJuly 13, 2016
Coworkers are always friendly, and it just a good environment to work in. I really enjoyed my employment with this company. However, no pay raise for the 7 years i worked for the company.
Part time cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 13, 2016
working for this company was great for the time being. The people are great and so are the customers. However it is not what i am looking for anymore.
Pros
breaks
Cons
unstable hours
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 11, 2016
Great staff, great customers, overall great experience working at this company. Everyday would bring something new in either a customer interaction or a fellow staff interaction.
Pros
paid breaks
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 11, 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
Okay environment with little room for advancing
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 10, 2016
This job is a typical student friendly job. There is not much room for movement up in the company, and the wage is okay. The management at my store was not always the greatest, and the district manager has currently made the store unenjoyable. The last 4 years at this location were amazing and i really enjoyed working there. however, during the last year it has really gone downhill.
Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
Its a great company with great income and make you feel like a family.
Its a big company with lots of training.
Its great that everyone enjoy to service the customer.
Great Place to work
Cash Supervisor, Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Almonte, ONJuly 10, 2016
Summary
Pharmaceutical Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2016
Overall good place to work. Management is good and work culture is good. Work life balance is great. Co-workers are great as well.
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2016
i loved working at shoppers because alotof great ppl work there and the hours r also great ! and shoppers just has everything.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location