Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Review

View all Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix reviews

Best part-time job while studying
Senior store clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-leonard, QC16 February 2014
I believe that working in a restaurant or a clothing or shoe store must be so hard with the pressure of the sales and the clients. Working in a pharmacy was very different and enjoyable. We were a young group of students working our way through our studies in order to earn money for trips and personal expenses. We had fun and we learned a lot about marketing, purchases, stock availability in a store and dealing with customers.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
not much advancement

Other Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Was a Wonderful Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON17 December 2017
The staff is friendly, the environment is fun. And working there was a real Treat. They treat you like family there. I would strongly recommend working there. The only thing i did not like was how much food goes to waste from being expired. I solely believe they need to order less food. and more milk. Overall the work is really fun to do. and you feel a part of the team.
Pros
More sales equals more hours. time and a half for holidays, double time and a half for Christmas and new years
Cons
wasting food.
Enjoyable Work
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB15 December 2017
I enjoyed getting to know customers and growing good relationships with them and helping them in anyway I could. It made any con of the job worth it. Being in cosmetics requires a lot of knowledge of many many different things, but once you get the hang of that its smooth sailing.
Pros
Commission, great discount, gratis
Cons
On your feet all day, can be long hours, short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.