Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,629 reviews matching the search
Busy, but organized and well supported by corporate
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NSSeptember 29, 2016
Corporate office provided us with the best tools and training available to be productive in high volume situations. Lots of opportunity for training in specialized fields (diabetes educator, etc). Yearly conferences for team spirit and updates on new innovations.
Pros
Well managed by corporate, the most up to date tools to practice efficiently and with confidence
Cons
store hours, open until midnight and often return for 8am opening
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
A Very Productive and efficient workplace which respects its employees and helps solve problems quickly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 28, 2016
It is a very easy to work in environment. For new employees it is easy settle in and easy to learn the job. The management respects you and is always there when required in need. The benefits are great and hours are flexible to your needs.
Looks good on the outside but.....
Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 28, 2016
You are the owner of many hats so your day is never dull. Depending on which store you work at it can be a family atmosphere. The hardest part is Head Office either likes you or doesn't like you regardless of performance so your job is always hanging in the balance.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long unpaid hours
Engaging work environment and cares about customers
Front Store Cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 27, 2016
My experience in Shoppers Drug Mart is a highly positive one due to the positive environment that team members including front-line employees as well as managers cultivate. Our store focuses on helping customers and provides employees ways in which we can improve our engagement with them on a daily basis.
People are very helpful and fun to work with
Customer Service Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2016
Every day you have to complete a task but then you get faced with new challenges. It's very exciting.

If I work in them morning, it's low stock. In the afternoon it's bulk and/or we have to put out the order. On top of that there is a bunch of other tasks we have to complete so every day is not the same. And every so often, I get called as a cashier if they need me.

I learnt how to manage my time more efficiently, prioritize, problem solve effectively, deal with customer issues, train new employees, use the database, point of sales system and the portable data terminal.

The people I work with makes the job much more enjoyable. I've made long lasting friendships here. Everyone is so kind and friendly so the long hours feels like a breeze.
Pros
Free lunches, discount, take home damages
Cons
long hours, everchanging schedule
Productivity
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 26, 2016
Merchandisers ensure that products appear in the right store, or on a website, at the appropriate time and in the correct quantities. This involves working closely with the buying teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance.
Pros
ISO standards
Cons
As a Part time worker
Productive, enjoyable atmosphere
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ONSeptember 24, 2016
I really loved working in the Cosmetics department at Shoppers. I learned a lot, and it was a really enjoyable and beneficial experience. I liked who I worked with, and the tasks I was assigned. I loved being able to work with the public on such a personal level.
Pros
discount, optimim points
Cons
n/a
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2016
productive and fun workplace, good environment, good staff, ability move up within the company, fast paced environment, good customer interaction
Overall great experience
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Like any Job there are up's and downs but Shoppers was an amazing experience, everyone who worked in the store was like a family.
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 22, 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
OK place to work at
Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 21, 2016
management was not that great to work with. Lots of gossiping & unnecessary drama. Coworkers are very nice people, made the job enjoyable. Hardest part were the occasional difficult customers and standing in the same spot for the entire day, but the rest was quite easy & fun.
Pros
30% off
Cons
management was not the best
good place to work
COSMETICIAN (Current Employee) –  wndsor onSeptember 21, 2016
I love working with make-up its my passion. I love when its busy so I can try to make extra sales. My Co Workers are mostly great. The hardest part is sometimes we have customers that are a bg difficult , but if you can get through that you can get through anything.
An invaluable experience where I was able to hone in and develop my skills as a pharmacist
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABSeptember 20, 2016
Creating and managing comprehensive annual care plans (CACPs), standard medication management assessment (SMMAs), smoking cessation and diabetes care plans
Injection administration
Strep throat checks
Methadone dispensing
Great place to work with enjoyable people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day will include stocking shelves, organizing inventory, helping customers find products, sometimes putting up talkers for items on sale or doing signs, also it is common to be switching around ends or adjusting planograms. This is a great place to work management and co-workers are very pleasant.
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NLSeptember 20, 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Productive Day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
busy throughout the day, The most enjoyable part of the day is when customers ask where the can find the item they are looking for. The hardest part of the day is unloading and loading the trucks with the dairy products, Working at shoppers drug mart was very good i enjoyed it sadly it was just a summer job.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
N/a
change of pace
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 19, 2016
typical day of work was honest hard work the co-workers were reasonable for the most part and relatively easy to supervise
Pros
30 per cent discount
Fun workplace with an efficient and effective staff
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 18, 2016
Shopper's gives you opportunity to grow within your department. Management is straight forward and reliable. There are many different departments to develop in (pharmacy, cosmetics, receiving, cashier, postal).
Pros
Pizza day
Intensive service requirements due critical Pharmacy operartions,
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2016
As service manager, required to provide critical response for pharmacy operations across Canada. Allocate daily resources, personnel, logistics, parts, etc., to achieve customer SLAs.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location