Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Motivation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2017
it is a great experience to work with them with a strong friendly culture.Helping each other to complete tasks and learning something new every day about dealing with different culture.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2017
There are a variety of jobs to carry out every day with many opportunities to move up in the company. Management is great and is always willing to help which makes a comfortable work place.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not any serious cons
great job for students
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
been working here for 4 years. i get along with everyone at my store.

the cash manager is nice and will do what she can if you need hours.

It depends on the store that you're hired at. At some stores there;s blatant favoritism (sometimes theres racism involved, sometimes its nepotism.) It makes it hard to advance if you're not a certain color of if you aren't related to someone.
Awesome Environment
Cash office Supervisor - Part time (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
I would say for me this was a perfect spot for a part time job for me at that time. Management and staff were amazing and I enjoyed working there. I would work there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
Easy Scheduling
Cons
Late nights (for me) but I liked it still
Management issues
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2017
Management ran the store like a dictatorship, and HR couldn't care less about the little people under them. That job tore me down and I felt like I couldn't do anything even though I was excelling at my job..
Cons
Unpaid overtime, no yearly raises
Terrible
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 October 2017
Completely terrible. The staff harras you and when you go to the managment to tell them they dont care and they do nothing. I could go on and on about this place but overall this place is a joke
great working environment
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
friendly staff. Great environment. feel safe. room to grow. lots of different places to be ie. cash/ supervisor/ Merchandising/ cosmetics/ pharmacy. great place overall
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun environment
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
Cosmetics is a fun environment to work in. There's always new launches and things to get excited about plus there's lots to keep you busy so time doesn't drag.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Late hours
Fun work environment
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
The cosmetics department is a fun work environment with different things occurring day to day. Lots of things to keep you busy so time doesn't drag and you never know what to expect.
Pros
Fun department
Cons
Bad hours
Shoppers Drug Mart
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 October 2017
I work for shoppers drug mart on for school co op Facing shelves and stalking dairy milk products breaking down the box
Dissapointment
Head Food Merchandiser, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
Until recently I was quite happy with my overall experience at Shoppers Drug Mart but in general Management does not care about employee well being. I have been asked to care less about my job so I can be paid less for my work which is incredibly wrong.
productive and fun filled working atmosphere.
Training new staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
my work experience was good. I learned so much from my co staffs as that was my first job in Canada. The management is very friendly and always ready to help each other.
Pros
free pizzas once in a week.
Cons
night shift
good employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2017
sometimes its busy day,sometimes there nothing to do.
but a merchandiser some of the days are hard, you get tired lifting and filling some product in the shelves.
Productive staff
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2017
It is an okay place to work. I like the staff discount. My coworkers are okay to work with but I feel that I am one of the more knowledgeable people in the cosmetic department
Cons
manager is the only one who goes to to product classes that the brand representatives give
Fast Pace work place
Merchandiser and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON10 October 2017
A lot of work, fast paced and sometimes under staffed. Hard to find full time steady employment. However overall good part time job, and easy to transfer to different stores.
Management is what makes it
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2017
The rate starts at minimum and is fine, and the co-workers are nice and helpful. However, the experience you have depends on the management. The management was pretty bad. While some were okay, the head manager was a pride-driven tyrant that totally flips a work environment. Because of this, the turn-over rate is high and stress leave rates are high. Also, it won't matter how long you work there, being treated as an equal, or even just decently is rare by management. And good luck getting a day off here or there because any requests get denied.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Bad management
A busy, underpaid and often frustrating place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
Generally working in the pharmacy we never really have enough people and hours - it is constantly very, very frustrating and overwhelming. I did have good managers in the store I worked at last, but a previous store had awful management so it is definitely not consistent.
Cons
Long hours and never enough staff hours
nice place to work
Postal Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 October 2017
the staff is pretty nice but isn't much room for advancement in the company. carries a rep for favortizing certain staff members and treating them a certain way
Pros
people are nice
Cons
no advancement
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 October 2017
A typical day for me was I would clock in, count my till and put out the lottery tickets on my cash. I would help customers on cash and assist them with any help they needed. If the store was not busy, I would face the shelves that were near the cash so I could still see if I had a customer. At the end of the day, I would count my lottery tickets that I had sold, count my till to make sure it was even and then clock out. I learned a lot at Shoppers Drug Mart working on cash. Most important thing I learned on cash was efficiency. I always had to make sure the customer was getting their exact change and to do everything with a smile on my face. The hardest part about working at Shoppers Drug Mart was learning about the lottery but I had help from other staff which eventually become easy.
work is casual, good relationship with colleagues
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC6 October 2017
A typical day at work could be describe as following the plan made by others and following said plan. While the work being made can be tedious or monotone, it balances out with good companionship with other colleagues that respect your values and each other. All of this makes the work become a team effort and creates a good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.