Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,767 reviews matching the search
Wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
This company was my mother in Canada. my first professional job in Canada was here and I have to tell you, shoppers was an amazing company to work for
great job if your not easily flustered by angry customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 January 2017
it can be a great job. if everyone's on the same page and there are clear guidelines set as to policy procedures "and they follow them" it can be a great place. hardest part of the job is maneuvering around the fact that some employees are not on the same page and customers get told different answers to the same questions. also small stores don't always have loss prevention personnel in the store so shoplifting situations can become a scene if workers aren't properly trained.
Productive and calm environment
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
A typical day at work would be very easy going,It was co-op I learned how to read the number on bar codes, Management was very good with me.My co-workers were very respectful and treated me with kindness.The hardest part of the job was learning how to make labels on the computer and transferring them to the merchandise. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with what they needed.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Leaving
Retail is based on sales and performance of each store managers
Merchandiser-Receiver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Very high expectation, but little being done for staff members concerns. There is a high retention rate in this store due to management's mis communications, problem solving, and other conflicts for both staff and customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
paid little, but basicly to keep you around, you have to beg more which is not easy to do and wont come easily
A good place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 January 2017
The day starts with going thru emails and read the in store web daily information . Follow by a store walk with one of my assistants , we make sure all company's standards are in place , creating a daily list and plan our day then work the plan .
I learned people management , time management and how to meet deadlines .
As a manager you need to explain the What , How and then the Why, to be able to have your staff on board .
The hardest part of the job is to make the people around you think same like you , when this is accomplished you reached your goal .
Management are key people , as a manger you need to train them , trust them and follow up to make sure the tasks get done properly .
The most enjoyable part is meeting sales target or beating it and then celebrate the success . As well when you have a company's project and you met deadline executing it .
loved my job
POST OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2017
worked here for 6 years and loved every second of it. worked in multiple departments and the staff and my boss were all awesome. I was hired as a cashier and ended up in the post office most of the time.
low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2017
very low pay supervisors always mad a place for drama is here at shoppers nice shifts avail get 30% discount and the raise is really low if any you can do bette
Fast paced dynamic environment
Manager BI & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Driven by Loblaw today. Business is booming. Unlike in the past, Lot of investment in Technology. Opportunities to learn and grow.Old management team has been replaced be a culture from a large corporate organization with emphasis on formal standard processes.. So people who liked the old small world casual close environment will be disappointed.
Pros
Good Business
post office
Post Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON13 January 2017
i worked in the post office and it was a fun place. The customers were people nice. I just didnt like the retail part of it, and having to work weekends.
Good people
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Clarkson, ON13 January 2017
Need better wages and more steady hours. Fun to work there on occasion because most people have great attitudes. Customers are like family once you get to know them
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Low wage long hours
Great PT Job
Cash Supervisor - Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 January 2017
Enjoy working with people and great pt job. Able to work hours required by myself. Merchandising and customer service are the main priorities.
Poor Culture
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Western Canada13 January 2017
NO Blue Culture/core values. Terminations- no respect. Meetings thrown together. Too much travel/meetings. MuchTurn. Owners unhappy at Loblaw changes.
Cons
Hypocrisy
productive at work
Pharmacy Technician /Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 January 2017
A busy pharmacy is my typical day at work
I've learned how to handle different kinds of people and how to give good costumer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday you learn something new.
Productive Workplace
Cashier & Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON12 January 2017
easy to get your work done, make lots of friends while working in a small town. Management sucks sometimes but that's in every work place.
Healthcare
Bilingual Clinical Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2017
Customer Service - Coordinate injection services for patients
Work along with patients, nurses, doctor's office, Clinics and pharmacies
no long term plan, no feature to invest
Senior Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
The direction is changing so fast and so often.
Looks to me there is no enterprise level thinking or strategic planning.
Great work/life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
Team was very understanding of work/life balance and had excellent job security and reasonable pay. Advancement was near impossible to much politics!!!
learning experence
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
This job helps with learning how to deal with all different kinds of customers. Each store/management depends on the owner. each store is different. My experience was pretty good overall, nice workers.
Secure job with opportunities for advancement and great people to work with
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB9 January 2017
I enjoy that my job is a completion based job. When I come in, I know what I need to accomplish in that day and unlike the service industry, how busy I am is not necessarily dependent on the number of customers there are. I have been blessed to work with some great people and hard work, for the most part, is duly rewarded. They are also very accommodating with my schedule while I am in school and I try to be just as accommodating in return. I have learned a great deal in my position as an assistant manager and I truly view this leadership position as a way to teach and serve the other employees. I have learned the importance of communication and taking ownership. I have also gained skills in conflict resolution as it pertains to internal relations as well as with customers.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
This job teaches you the importance of customer service. I learned to multitask and prioritize tasks to gain a more productive work day. I loved working for this company, and gained perspective into the world of retail.
Pros
You can easily move up
Cons
Pay rate