Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,271 reviews matching the search
Fun and easy place to work!
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 August 2017
If you're looking for an easy job, work as a clerk at the front counter its and easy job and you dont have to work late nights! Great for high school students!
did not like it..
Merchandiser/Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
Every Shoppers ive worked at, I hated it! I liked the job itself but not the atmosphere or management. ive always had mean, rude and overworked unhappy bosses..
Great workplace
EYEBROW THREADING ARTIST volunteer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 August 2017
Fun and positive work environment. Whenever I volunteer for the look good feel better events held at Shopper's Drug Mart, I always feel welcome and have a wonderful time interacting with both the customers and staff alike
Environnement agréable pour travailler.
Assistant technique en pharmacie (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC14 August 2017
Atmosphère de travail agréable, bon esprit d'équipe. Travaillant dans un cpo, j'ai appris des choses que je n'aurais pas apprises en
communautaire. Je suis très heureuse de cette expérience.
Cependant il y avait beaucoup de pression.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Pas de fond de pension.
Very professional and enjoyable place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB14 August 2017
Shoppers is a great place to work , Very family orientated and flexible hours . The management are very knowledgeable and professional .I would recommend the employer to anyone looking to start their carer in Administration .
Locations differ
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2017
management at my location are absolutely useless. Obviously this does not apply to any other shoppers drug marts. The work is easy, but nobody cares enough to put in the effort into making a great working environment. No sense of team.
Pros
none..
Fun to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 August 2017
I like working at shoppers drug mart because most of the employees are easy to get along with and build relationships with, it has its cons too, but overall its okay
Pros
breaks are always at the same time
Cons
unreliable workers/ hard time getting days off
very secured job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
As long as you do your job the way you are trained, it is an enjoyable place to work. it is not too busy or exhausting but has its busy moments. Only problem is management needs work, and new hires are trained very porrly, and the store is hurt because of it. also, shift trades, vacations, sick days are always a big issue leaving staff understaffed and overworked
Depending on what store you go to, each store varies, mine was horrible
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  BC10 August 2017
my particular store had terrible management, and the only reason youre more likely to be secure is because people kept leaving. Management didn't really care about you, youre underpaid, the only good thing is maybe your fellow lower ranked coworkers, should they manage to stay long enough. I personally stopped mixing with coworkers only because they'd leave in 3 months, give or take. Store owner was a total B, but they did focus on somewhat good customer service, at least my department did, thats probably the only plus side, and the discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
high turnover rate
Horrible place to work and management treats employees like garbage
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON8 August 2017
I worked for this store (Manning) for quite some time and the new owner and her staff are horrible. They treat any employee that makes a bit more or who has an opinion like trash. They understaff always and expect you to be able to do more work than you're capable of. If you do the smallest thing wrong, you can be written up or fired for it. They fire people in order to bring their own friends in. The store is a mess and no one is happy working here.
If you want to constantly worry whether or not you will still have a job by the end of the day, or constantly be watched on the cameras for going to the bathroom, then this job is for you. For those of you who like to be treated like a human and feel as though you have some sense of belonging in a workplace, do not apply.
Pros
discount
Cons
management, overworked, underpaid, treated poorly
Productive/ Enjoyable at times, slow and nothing to do at other times
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 August 2017
Job consists of multiple duties and is enjoyable when there are tasks to be done. Other times there is not much to do and you are stuck with an unproductive shift. The crew works together great and most of the management is great.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Don't get to work with my hands
Standard Retail
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Not much I can say about this job except that it's retail. Everything is what you imagine it to be from bad customers to other bad customers. At least I didn't have to take work home with me.
Relax place to work
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON7 August 2017
This job was one of the more laid back jobs. You are able to come into the job, help customers, get your work done, and leave on time. The business is very organized.
Too much put on too few people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 August 2017
Its expected that everyone take on the work of multiple people and it ends up that everyone is less effective for it, leading to unhappy staff and unhappy customers
Pros
Perks
Cons
not enough people to do the work they expect, you get paid for one job yet you work 3
Horrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB7 August 2017
I worked here for a couple months. I was great with customers, even going as far as helping customers pay & use the bathroom sometimes. But the managers just want you to act like a robot and tell everyone to buy and leave.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours, yelling managers, no discounts
Workplace can be very interesting some days , but all good
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON4 August 2017
Working for a fast past place is enjoyable, day goes by fast. Morning shift the deposit has to be done, balancing the paperwork , doing cash backup, taking passport photos, deliveries, looking after customer service. Working as a team is very important to any business. Investigating in any money that is a shortage of the day before with all documentation for our audit from loss prevention. In charge of all loss prevention that happen though the cash office. We have a good team to work with. Being a leader to help get a 100% of their capabilities in the best interest of the business.They develop a since of pride and confidence in what they are doing. We have a extra mile board that gives the employee pride that we have notice in what they accomplished with the customer or there employee's. Working evenings is to get the store up and ready for the next day. Making sure that everyone is doing there check list that has been left for them and balancing for the am shift. The most thing I love working in retail is that I made bonds with people and they feel comfortable to come and ask me anything they need. Puts smiles on my face that they are dedicated to our store with prescriptions or front shop. Working in retail is hard sometimes because you can't make everyone happy, I do my best to get the right information they need or help. I am willing to say when we are short staff to help make that shift better.
Pros
Get free pizza from associate for all the hard work everyone does
Cons
working long hours sometimes being short staffed
Contract Role
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 August 2017
Contract role for new store opening. No one was kept on as staff once the store was open. Lots of tedious cleaning and front facing of products. good compensation
Summary
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2017
Overall Good company and good work environment. Busy work environment and some times little exhausting. But we have always help from software and front store staff for any questions and at the end good benefits with optimum points.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Less pay
Working atmosphere
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  bayview and fleming2 August 2017
One of the best place to work, but there is less chances to move up the ladder. I was stagnant for few years. it is competitive in management. good customers and good sales.
Pros
Easy to hire a cashier with less experience
Cons
hard to move up the corporate ladder
Fun co-workers in a casual environment.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 August 2017
During a day, I filled out blister packs for people who needed help remembering to take medications every day and put any bottles I used back onto the shelves. I learned to work independently with a high degree of accuracy. The management in the pharmacy was good at being able to ensure everything ran smoothly throughout the day. I did not find the job to be challenging, but more tedious. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the other employees in the pharmacy.
Pros
Usually food in the back, nice co-workers
Cons
Tedious work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location