Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2017
Everyone was great where I worked. Pay was decent . Always busy which was good. A good starter job or even retirement job for extra cash on the side.
Pros
Cons
Alot of stuff to do
Nice place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB22 October 2017
It all depends on the location but I liked my time st shoppers and would recommend it to anyone I know. A major part is the customer base, you’ll see the same people coming in each day (basically) so get to know a few names and they’ll love you for it.
Pros
Open late, you can work 5 hours on weekdays if you’re a student.
Cons
Open EVERYDAY!
laid back, always something to do, flexible schedule
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK22 October 2017
The manger was very kind and always took your personal life into consideration. flexible hours. because our department was right beside the entrance, it got dusty quite often so there was always things to be wiped down, which kept me busy and helped the days go faster when it was slow. best part of the job was helping a customer find what they needed and knowing they were leaving satisfied. hardest part of the job was getting into all the hard to reach places when cleaning.
Pros
discounts & commission
Cons
It was slow a lot of the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB21 October 2017
While working at Shoppers I learned a lot about sales and customer service. I also learned the importance of networking in regards to sales.
Enjoyed the staff and Management. Great place to work.
Loved the customers
Merchandiser/Cashier and driver (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON20 October 2017
It was a really good place to work,unfortunately at the time I was working there it was too clicky and there wasn’t enough teamwork. I loved doing the delivery and being around people.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Doing deliveries in winter
Fun and motivating workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 October 2017
I enjoyed my time working as a cashier at Shoppers as it helped me to get more comfortable with interacting with new customers as well as my co-workers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Late shifts
fun
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 October 2017
it gets the job done when you're studying at school . Not much to say about this retail job as it is easy and sometimes too demanding during school years
Beauty Boutique Expert
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 October 2017
Excellent company to work for really enjoyed the people to customers. Willing to help advance employees into the company and a easy open managerial style
shoppers great place to work at
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2017
great place to work at , great people to work with and tasks keep me busy. I've worked at shoppers for years . its safe and well lite ,friendly. the employers and
customers are friendly.
Not bad
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
The salary based on what you is not enough! people who work over there are mostly friendly and helpful. the management team is supportive and understanding your situation.
A Typical Day At Work As A Shopper Drug Mart Employee
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
My duty as a Shopper Drug Mart worker was to provide satisfaction to the customers by displaying products on the shelves and confirming their purchases at the cash register.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 October 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great place to work, the staff were great and everyone was treated equally. Anyone would be lucky to work there. Its a good atmosphere to work in.
Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 October 2017
I love working for shoppers drugmart. Here you feel part of an amazing team and the wages are great. Being a cashier you get to learn all the skills..
Great work environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
Loved working as a cosmetician as I went to school. My manager was funny, fun loving and got the job done. Training through cosmetic seminars on evenings and weekends were fun with great perks and discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
late hours
Motivation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2017
it is a great experience to work with them with a strong friendly culture.Helping each other to complete tasks and learning something new every day about dealing with different culture.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2017
There are a variety of jobs to carry out every day with many opportunities to move up in the company. Management is great and is always willing to help which makes a comfortable work place.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not any serious cons
great job for students
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
been working here for 4 years. i get along with everyone at my store.

the cash manager is nice and will do what she can if you need hours.

It depends on the store that you're hired at. At some stores there;s blatant favoritism (sometimes theres racism involved, sometimes its nepotism.) It makes it hard to advance if you're not a certain color of if you aren't related to someone.
Awesome Environment
Cash office Supervisor - Part time (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
I would say for me this was a perfect spot for a part time job for me at that time. Management and staff were amazing and I enjoyed working there. I would work there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
Easy Scheduling
Cons
Late nights (for me) but I liked it still
Management issues
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2017
Management ran the store like a dictatorship, and HR couldn't care less about the little people under them. That job tore me down and I felt like I couldn't do anything even though I was excelling at my job..
Cons
Unpaid overtime, no yearly raises
Terrible
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 October 2017
Completely terrible. The staff harras you and when you go to the managment to tell them they dont care and they do nothing. I could go on and on about this place but overall this place is a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.