Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,540 reviews matching the search
Enjoyed working with the public
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing a low merchandise stock using the PDT system, rotating merchandise on shelves, restocking merchandise, setting up displays for promotions, and assisting customers.

I learned how to do the ordering for merchandise in the store when the manager wasnt present.

The hardest part of the job was trying to find the diplays from the back to set up in the store, was disorganized and difficult to access anything.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service and being able to assist them.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Disorganized
My hours were great and the pay was good
Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBJuly 22, 2016
Support from managers was very poor. If you don't know or understand the store inner policies and procedures you won't make it through your probationary period. They Do Not take or have patience in training their new recruits. I was asked to perform a employers review just a few days after I started working there I gave them a great review after believing I was going to receive the best training available to me only to be disappointed a few weeks later
I firmly believe that head office would intervene if they knew how new recruits are being trained and treated
Pros
Great shift, pleasent co-workers, great discount
Cons
Poor management
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 24, 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
Amazing staff, horrible hours
Cashier/Merchandiser/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 13, 2016
Overall, the management team is awesome. I have been trained in a few areas that have helped me to build up my resume and personal character. Taking into consideration that summer is our slow season, hour cuts have become inevitable. I have seniority above a handful of staff members who seem to retain a greater number of hours than I do. In spite of explaining my situation, this is still a recurring issue.
Pros
Free lunches, reduced prescription fees, awesome clearance items
Cons
Limited hours
Productive and fun workplace with makeup and skin care
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 27, 2016
You get to know customers like they're your friends and it's amazing how much trust they can put in you for their flaws. Everybody there is amazing and treats each other like family and you never feel awkward, even if you make a small mistake. They help you learn when you need help, not just help you. Shoppers was a very good choice for my coop experience.
Pros
By Tim Hortons, Doing What I Am Liscenced For
Cons
None I loved it
Fun conscientious esteemed valued
Post Office (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 19, 2016
I personally had a good start with the adventure of opening their new Rexall Store! had the opportunity not only to work with all the Team Players but to work alongside the best of The established Manager Owner of the Business! I would congratulate the Team on a great establishment!
Pros
25% off all products 1 st month of working for this dynamic Drug Store!
Cons
Not many of them really were working for the Business but by themselves only!
Keswick shoppers drug mart
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ONJuly 18, 2016
Started off as a nice place to work. The training wasn't very helpful, you have to kind of pick things up along the way. There was times were you'd get in trouble for not knowing something you were never taught.
I enjoyed working with certain people. Some were very kind and helpful, but I couldn't go to the management for anything because a lot of them were bullies.
The actual owner of the store is nice but I don't think they're aware of how the management treats people, especially young people.
A lot of people bail on shifts and never got in trouble but if young kids had a legit reason they couldn't come in even emergency situations they'd get in trouble.
Pros
The actual store is nice, clean and organized
Cons
Management is full of bullies
Okay environment with little room for advancing
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJuly 10, 2016
This job is a typical student friendly job. There is not much room for movement up in the company, and the wage is okay. The management at my store was not always the greatest, and the district manager has currently made the store unenjoyable. The last 4 years at this location were amazing and i really enjoyed working there. however, during the last year it has really gone downhill.
Good focus on customers and community. Overall a suitable company to work for
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONMay 25, 2016
-Typical day at work: Work cash alone for most of the shift, if no customers face the store, get breaks when told (usually on time), and maintain cleanliness
-Training on cash for first day. Cash is straightforward and easy to learn. Training in general is casual and done as needed by staff working that day/night
-Co-workers: mostly women, all inviting and friendly. Added into friendliness are clicks and gossip
-Keeping entertained. When customers are not around the job gets quite boring
-Best part of the job is customer interactions
Productive work environment
Merchandiser/Cashier/Post Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 30, 2016
Flexible hours and on-the-job training.
They will work with your school and/or other job schedules.
Continuous learning opportunities and interaction with customers.
Somewhat repetitive work, depending on the days (ex. incoming stock was the same day each week, facing was done every night, low stocks almost every day)
Great co-workers to help with stressful days.
A Learning Experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2016
I learned a lot at Shoppers. It was my first "real" job and it made be appreciate things a lot more. I also learned that I really value getting to know my co-workers. The job was hard at times, and painful on the feet, but it was all better when I had someone to talk to for a little bit. Now we never slacked off, but when there's nothing to do at a drug store, it's nice to have someone to chat with. Management was nice, always respectful, and they were fair.
Pros
Fantastic camaraderie
Cons
Standing for up to 8 and a half hours really started to take its toll.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative, Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 12, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart Head Office is a very professional yet comfortable environment. The general atmosphere of the office and energy of your coworkers and team leaders will always brighten your mood whether you received a relaxing call from a customer, or one of a more troublesome nature. The franchise takes pride in their employees and we do enjoy the perks and benefits of products, surveys and so forth. Great place!
Pros
Free lunches, products, great environment
productive and fun, usually always busy.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
a typical day at work would be walking in greeting everyone as you see them. Also seeing if anything urgent to be done. I learned working as a team and communication is a huge part of any job.

hardest part of my job was getting everything sorted and put anyway before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part was helping out costumers and hearing there stories.
Pros
always busy
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 11, 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
Great retail atmosphere
Cashier (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 9, 2016
I work anywhere between 6-8 hours per shift and I have learnt the importance of maintaining great customer service, as well as maintaining a great relationship with the employees and regular customers. I have a great management team, who are very supportive. The most difficult part of my job is dealing with angry customers, but I am able to control that with a positive attitude. I really like working with people and making the customers leave happy, which is probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
open door policy
Cons
Can't maintain a proper living off of $12.00/hr
Great place to work with a very friendly culture
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
Shoppers is a great job for a student who requires flexibility with regards to scheduling. At my location the management was excellent and everyone was very friendly. I made some good friends working at shoppers. I also improved my customer service skills, and eventually earned a promotion. There is room for advancement for those who try hard and focus on what they are doing. The hardest part of any retail job is the occasional difficult customer. Thankfully at shoppers the management was very respectful to the employees and would not always side with the customer. My co-workers were excellent and everyone got along very well. The best aspect of this job was the workplace culture.
Pros
Work with many great people
Productive Fast Paced work place with a great learning experience
Font Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ONJuly 26, 2016
A typical day at work involves me maintaining the stores satisfaction for all employee's and customers, while giving the Manager's a helping hand so our day runs smoothly. I have learned a huge amount of customer service experience from this job, and I've entailed great leadership and organization skills. The easiest part of my job is my co-workers, as they make work a fun place to be. The hardest part of my job is that you have to have good time-management skills in order to be a supervisor, as it's a very fast paced environment with lot's of employee's, and you always want to end your day on a good note knowing the store ran smoothly and your co-workers and customers left the store happy.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times
not worth that hassle
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2016
I was hired on as a supervisor. told that my job title was entry level, and payed 25 cents more than minimum wage. This company exploits it's employees, and provides little to no benefit for working for them. The pay is atrocious for the job level and expectations of management. I happily left this job without a second thought.
Cons
terrible hours, unacceptable pay for job required
Working at shoppers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 16, 2016
If i had to be honest the place was a mess and was just poorly run. But the staff were amazing everyone go along well everything was just all over the place nothing was ever done right or on time , some employees don't really understand the concept of personal space, but working for shoppers itself was a good time regardless of the manager i was working for
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
Great company to work for
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 28, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart is a fast-paced company to work for. The people who work there are amazing, fun and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed working as a cashier and interacting with the customers on a daily basis. I learned how to become more confident with myself by having to deal with different situations.

The hardest part of the job was the constant management team switches. In my 6 and a half years at my location, there were at least 5 management team changes due to a variety of reasons.

This is a great company to work for if you are looking to advance within your career quickly.
Pros
Recognizes job quality
Cons
Too many change-overs

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location