Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,619 reviews matching the search
Overall great experience
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Like any Job there are up's and downs but Shoppers was an amazing experience, everyone who worked in the store was like a family.
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 22, 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
OK place to work at
Front Store Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 21, 2016
management was not that great to work with. Lots of gossiping & unnecessary drama. Coworkers are very nice people, made the job enjoyable. Hardest part were the occasional difficult customers and standing in the same spot for the entire day, but the rest was quite easy & fun.
Pros
30% off
Cons
management was not the best
good place to work
COSMETICIAN (Current Employee) –  wndsor onSeptember 21, 2016
I love working with make-up its my passion. I love when its busy so I can try to make extra sales. My Co Workers are mostly great. The hardest part is sometimes we have customers that are a bg difficult , but if you can get through that you can get through anything.
An invaluable experience where I was able to hone in and develop my skills as a pharmacist
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ABSeptember 20, 2016
Creating and managing comprehensive annual care plans (CACPs), standard medication management assessment (SMMAs), smoking cessation and diabetes care plans
Injection administration
Strep throat checks
Methadone dispensing
Great place to work with enjoyable people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 20, 2016
A typical day will include stocking shelves, organizing inventory, helping customers find products, sometimes putting up talkers for items on sale or doing signs, also it is common to be switching around ends or adjusting planograms. This is a great place to work management and co-workers are very pleasant.
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NLSeptember 20, 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Productive Day
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
busy throughout the day, The most enjoyable part of the day is when customers ask where the can find the item they are looking for. The hardest part of the day is unloading and loading the trucks with the dairy products, Working at shoppers drug mart was very good i enjoyed it sadly it was just a summer job.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
N/a
change of pace
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKSeptember 19, 2016
typical day of work was honest hard work the co-workers were reasonable for the most part and relatively easy to supervise
Pros
30 per cent discount
Fun workplace with an efficient and effective staff
Postal Clerk (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 18, 2016
Shopper's gives you opportunity to grow within your department. Management is straight forward and reliable. There are many different departments to develop in (pharmacy, cosmetics, receiving, cashier, postal).
Pros
Pizza day
Intensive service requirements due critical Pharmacy operartions,
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2016
As service manager, required to provide critical response for pharmacy operations across Canada. Allocate daily resources, personnel, logistics, parts, etc., to achieve customer SLAs.
Busy environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2016
The workplace is busy but sometimes there is nothing to do, you cannot always expect directions being given to you, you will have to find different tasks to do to help improve the store. Otherwise, this is a nice and clean environment to work in.
I love my job
Assistant Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 16, 2016
I enjoy Shoppers Drug Mart I consider them all family I'm just ready for a career change in my life I want to see what other opportunities are out there for me.
I would not recommend this to anyone I like
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCSeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed the job, customers and co workers. Very good sales so I would spend much of my pay cheque there. Unfortunately this business common practice was to harass anyone that they wanted to get rid of so they would quit. Unfortunately I was one of those people.
Pros
Good benefits, great co workers
Cons
Harass employees until they quit, poor management
old cultured and lot of gaps in managment amoung connectivity
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 14, 2016
learning part as an individual is quiet difficult as the growth amoung the new and old remains constant as the difference between communication gaps between peoples their and also the staff is very old in the system that also make the difference of getting the oppurtunities of new task
Pros
nearly approcable opened 24 hrs
Cons
no future growth
Easy Student Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Typical Shift:
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Rep and a bit of Merchandising.

Pros:
Team feels like family, supportive training, great benefits (i.e. employee discount and prescriptions), safe environment, part time for students

Cons:
Minimum Wage
Pros
Good Training, Supportive Employers, Benefits, Employee Discount, Safe Environment
Cons
Minimum Wage, Small Raises
Time management, Independent, responsibility
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2016
Being a supervisor I had to learn how to manage people & the store. I had to multitask & learn how to approach conflict. I had to learn to work independently & take charge of the duties that needed to be done.
people were great to work with lots of fun
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2016
I really liked working for this company
the staff was friendly
work was not too excessive
everything was neat and organized
Pros
great people
Cons
nothing
Hostile management and Little care for employees
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 11, 2016
Employees understaffed constantly and time of requests rejected or ignored by management. Management insults and puts down employees to the point of tears for some for being unable to complete jobs that not important/helpful to the overall work (Doing old filing from months ago when the pharmacy is 5 hours behind on the script queue). Co-workers are great, funny and usually hard working. Management tense and up tight, gossiping and intimidating workers. 15 minute breaks frowned upon, delayed and usually not taken. Low wages for amount of work/stress.

Would not recommend working at a shoppers unless you hear good things about the associate.
Pros
Co-workers, patients
Cons
Under staffing, harassment, low pay, no 15 minute breaks, high stress
Energetic, Fun workplace to meet new people everyday
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 11, 2016
A typical day at work consists of me working the cash register and helping customers with questions. I learned that I am a people person, I am able to start and keep conversations going and make people happy. The management was overall pretty good, I had no major problems. The hardest part of the job was the busy season like Christmas and I had to work so much harder than i usually do, But i didn't mind. The most enjoyable part of my job was the co workers and the people. I made so many memories and new friends.
Pros
Appropriate Break times
Cons
Not enough hours

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location