Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,855 reviews matching the search
Enjoyment
Supervisor/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alcona Beach, ON24 February 2017
I enjoyed the staff and working the hours. Some days felt long. Doing the overnight merchandising was exhausting. The hardest part was trying to please the GM but I overall I enjoyed it. Lots of laughs easy to learn.
Pros
Contests among staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto,On Canada24 February 2017
Nice to place to work and staff is always kind and polite and helpful. A store where u can get all of the daily products easily and you don't have to go out other places. Prices are also reasonable
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Hood work hours
Very friendly environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 February 2017
I was only a co-op student so I didn't make any money, but I always looked forward to going into my co-op. The ladies I worked alongside as well as employees in other departments within the store were always friendly.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Slow-paced
Great Experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 February 2017
Typical day begins with preparing for the day, opening the doors for customers, fill shelves, receive shipments in the stock room; essentially take care of any business that has to deal with the products on the floor and out back.

Great place to work when surrounded by the right people. Enjoyed showing up to my shifts everyday.
great group of people
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
i had a very rocky experience at this store i started as a clerk then learned cash then was moved to cosmetics but my manager in cosmetics was horrid and was the reason why I quit
General Review
Part-time Employee (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON23 February 2017
It is difficult to give a review of a corporate company. Each location is managed differently. I enjoyed my experience working in the Grimsby location.
Cons
work schedules not put out in advance
avarage, good health benefits
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 February 2017
SDM give a secure place to work, stress and pressure depends on the store and location. I've worked in a few stores and they all different. advancing career depends on your own skills and on associate's will
Positive Work Environment
Strong Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Shoppers Drugmart, in my opinion is a very good place to obtain work experience and work with friendly staff. It is a great place to learn how a retail store works and operates on a daily basis. Overall I believe Shoppers Drugmart to have a very positive work environment that is especially great for people with very little experience who would like to earn some. Shoppers Drugmart is a great place to work.
Pros
Job experience, friendly staff, positive work enviroment
Cons
Lack of hours
great company
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 February 2017
ive been with the same Shoppers Drug Mart location for almost 7 years, great place to work, excellent company. fair reasonable pay, discount and continued training.
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 February 2017
I love this workplace and everyone in it. Everyone there is very nice and we were all a big family. The hours worked perfectly with my school schedule because they were very flexible.
Pros
Staff
Cons
not enough pay
productive
Cashier (lottery) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
alright work experience, Management could use improvements
busy work day always something to do
meeting good employees enjoyed the friendships i have made
Great staff
Pharmacy- Clerical Position/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Very great staff, your opinion is well validated in the company. The work is great and very flexible. Very friendly customers!
It's a job, at the least.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 February 2017
The coworkers are fantastic, fun, friendly, and the customer base is very large and diverse. Managers are open to feedback and are typically very understanding.

Hours are scant for part-timers, and many employees are very often asked to perform the work fit for two or even three people in a fast-paced environment. Most of the managers seem less than interested in helping out cashiers during the day, and the supervisors are spread too thinly during the night.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers, 30% discount on most products
Cons
Crude HR practices, little assistance from managers
Post Office
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 February 2017
I worked in the Post Office at Shoppers. The staff was very friendly and made some lasting friendships while I was there. It wasn't to busy most of the time except for at Christmas, then it was crazy busy. Overall a great place to work.
Too much gossip
cashier/ photo technician/ merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
It's not what u know at shoppers it's who you know. Many of my friends there had lots of managerial experience. Merchandiser kept getting promoted to assistant front store manager. Front store manager was nit nice. Way way to much gossip in that place uggggg
Pros
Good co workers
Very busy enviroment
Head of Grocery/ Food Captain (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB20 February 2017
Was very busy all the time and not enough staff so it got frustrating but I always completed my tasks. Most times I enjoyed my job but it was very physical lots of heavy lifting.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Short staffed most times
Satisfactory
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 February 2017
Ensuring that cash staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
Human resource functions of cash staff, including but not limited to, scheduling hours and vacations, training, coaching and performance management.
Resolves customer complaints ensuring exceptional customer service.
Maintaining and controlling cash registers and works with Front Store Manager in order to maintain balanced inventory.
Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines.
Planning, organizing and supporting all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
Fast Paced Work Place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
# Learnt a lot from SDM, positive and negative, for example:

- Skills and patient care (positive)

- Never try contact HR or head office managers, for sure you will be in trouble (negative)

# Professional environment but too much unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Busy and Unrealistic Expectations
Work Life
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is a nice environment to work for, as most staff are friendly and helpful. Quality of management depends on each individual store as all locations are franchised.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 February 2017
I loved the discount and how easy the job was. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking for something simple and less stressful. Shoppers drug mart is a wonderful place to work with great deals.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location