Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,711 reviews matching the search
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL20 September 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
An opportunity to hone ones customer service/customer relation skills
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2016
~ Shoppers Drug Mart, provided an opportunity to continue to improve my Customer Service Skills

~ I learned new skills of being a Keyholder and the responsibility associated with that position.

~ I improved my skills in customer problem solving

~ Management was always a pleasure to work with, and eager to assist you in any way necessary

~ I got along with co-workers and management quite well

~ The hardest part of the job was lifting very heavy boxes

~ I enjoyed serving and interacting with all my customers. There is just something special about being able to meet their needs. To see the satisfaction on a customers face, is very rewarding to me.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, customer interactions and service
Cons
no benefits
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Relaxed environment
Front End Supervisor/cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 August 2016
I mostly enjoy working at Shoppers but have encountered co-workers that are not really "team" oriented. Some will "throw you under the bus" to make themselves look better.
Pay rates are kept secret but do know that they are not necessarily fair and equal. It seems to be up to the descretion of whoever to give certain people a raise.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling days off, great manager, entrusted with responsibility
Cons
workplace drama, not necessarily equal/fair pay, annoying co-workers
Still need improvement
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 October 2016
In overall Shoppers Drug Mart is good but still need improvement to become leading in the market. During my Job some time i feel lack of professionalism or lack of operational control. Some nights i worked alone despite of heavy flow of work and some time unnecessarily more staff and less work. Most importantly salary is quite low. They must have to introduce special bonus for night shift to motivate staff to continue work with shoppers.
Easy Student Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 September 2016
Typical Shift:
Cashier, Customer Service, Sales Rep and a bit of Merchandising.

Pros:
Team feels like family, supportive training, great benefits (i.e. employee discount and prescriptions), safe environment, part time for students

Cons:
Minimum Wage
Pros
Good Training, Supportive Employers, Benefits, Employee Discount, Safe Environment
Cons
Minimum Wage, Small Raises
Stimulating and productive workplace with an excellent team
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 August 2016
High-volume exciting work environment kept me professionally engaged for the full length of each shift. Incredibly competent staff (in both management and assisting roles) made the demanding workload manageable. Very fair compensation, but minimal job security.
Pros
high-intensity workday is mentally engaging
Cons
minimal job security
I would not recommend this to anyone I like
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 September 2016
I enjoyed the job, customers and co workers. Very good sales so I would spend much of my pay cheque there. Unfortunately this business common practice was to harass anyone that they wanted to get rid of so they would quit. Unfortunately I was one of those people.
Pros
Good benefits, great co workers
Cons
Harass employees until they quit, poor management
A Very Productive and efficient workplace which respects its employees and helps solve problems quickly.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2016
It is a very easy to work in environment. For new employees it is easy settle in and easy to learn the job. The management respects you and is always there when required in need. The benefits are great and hours are flexible to your needs.
Extremely bad Management team
Manager (Former Employee) –  Skymark9 September 2016
Impossible Quality/Reg directorship to work for.
Very controlling, constantly looking over employees' shoulder and lack of respect to others.
Director humiliates others.
No room for improvement or advancement either.
Pros
Good benefits and pension
Cons
Disrespectful QA/Reg directorship
Typical "Retail" Job
Pharmacy Assistant and Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC14 October 2016
Overall great enviroment and salary except for the work schedule. Employer does not care to balance personal and work life. Souly about the buisness needs.
Busy, Fun and Fast Paced Environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Shoppers had good benefits and the employees and supervisors are great to work with. Very team orientated.

The Manager at this particular location manages the store well but should not be managing people.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative, Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart Head Office is a very professional yet comfortable environment. The general atmosphere of the office and energy of your coworkers and team leaders will always brighten your mood whether you received a relaxing call from a customer, or one of a more troublesome nature. The franchise takes pride in their employees and we do enjoy the perks and benefits of products, surveys and so forth. Great place!
Pros
Free lunches, products, great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2016
I had the best supervisors who where fun and supportive, easygoing ( most of them) . The salary was okay. All the people were generally polite to me. Great customer service.
Pros
30% on almost everything in store, good team work
Cons
Many nights shifts, not equal for everyone, salary
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alta Vista, ON and St.Laurent Mall23 March 2016
Typical day would include, signage, load, back filling, cash, overrides, and safe counts.
I learned how to operate a store with minimal employees, learned about making signs and prices, and learned receiving computer skills.
Management was great with employees but did not pay according to work experience, work progress, or status.
Hardest part of my job was searching for expired product as most of it was extremely small product.
Learning to be a part of management and properly time manage.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus
Cons
Lacked the hours needed for most of the store and had limited FT positions

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location