Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,711 reviews matching the search
Team culture working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 December 2016
Typical day at work is handling customers photos as well answering and solving customers questions.
Managements are very supportive to help create a team culture working environment. Co-workers are easy to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is to able to help customer to develop their memories from their vacation and life.
Good environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 November 2016
The location I worked at was a smaller store. Not open as long as other stores. Pay was above minimum wage but not great. Plenty of opportunities for wage increase.
Pros
Train employees well
Cons
Starting wage
Energetic work atmosphere
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Always a friendly work place with wonderful employees to help with any questions. Always have a good mood when I enter shoppers drug mart as the environment is a calm and friendly place
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Not enough hours
not a very good company
Overnght Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2016
not a very good company, pay sucks, and management isnt vey good. worked a few 60 hour work weeks for them to help them out and then got let go, also was jiped on my vacation pay
Productive and friendly workplace with
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 November 2016
A typical day at work consists of constant cashing out of customers and assisting them with merchandise inquiries.

What I learned from this job is how to handle many different kinds of people. For example, our customers range from the regular daily visitors, to the disabled, to the elderly etc. I've learned to read people prior to talking to them and thus tailoring my habits and speech to their needs. As well, I have learned how to be both a team player and individual worker considering how much of both is needed for the job.

My co-workers are all very friendly and supportive. Often, co-workers create a bond that lasts even outside the workplace. They always try to make your day at work worth being there.

The hardest part of the job is handling angry customers- more specifically, customers who are angry at you for reasons out of your control. It gets frustrating when you cannot solve an issue for them however, we try our best and give the customer further information and resources they can use to solve their problem.

The most enjoyable part by far has to be the co-workers. The friendliness of the workplace gets me to be excited to go to work and make a day out of it. Work does not feel like work when with friends.
Pros
Supportive staff
Great Place to start off
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 November 2016
Great part time and full time opportunities. Best part of my day was the customers! They always brought me to giggles. Such amazing people to work for. The toughest part is HQ placing more and more pressure on us in such a negative way. Managers are under paid for what they are expected to do.
Over all good
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2016
Overall good employer. However, the culture of the organization can be improved in many ways. The associate being the owner can make things better or worst for the people; a uniformity across all branches would be good.
Productive, fun and friendly environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
Assessed customers with selections of cosmetic products
Demonstrated and info customers of proper use makeup applications
Recommended skin care products suitable for skin type
Pros
Shopper's Drug Mart has a Pharmacy, Cosmetics department and a Groceries area.
Cons
Opens until 12 or 24 hours
Productive and fun place to work with utmost customer satisfaction
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON24 November 2016
Pharmacy is a pretty busy place to be in. Typical day at work is starting the day with punching in and taking work badges and barcodes. Patients are the center of pharmacy practice so meeting and greeting patients, knowing their needs and requirements, solving their queries and to be able to give efficient, timely and accurate product/information. Helping them to improve their life style and health and work to the level of complete customer satisfaction.
Pros
Exciting promos and seasonal deals
Cons
To be able to do highly demanding and multitasking job throughout the shift
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Very busy place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2016
I had a great time working there the management and team were great to work with.I really like the fast pace of the customers. The hours would go by without knowing. Unfortunately due to illness I had to leave.
Pros
The days went by fast
Cons
Feet and back were sore at the end of the day
Incredible Work Environment
Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON22 November 2016
I've been managing the Beauty Boutique at our location for over three years now, and this has been, overall, the most positive work experience I've ever had the privilege of being part of.

Our associate & FSM are über supportive and communicative; I've learned a lot about every facet of the business, which makes me feel terrific about being part of an organization that serves a plethora of customers on many important levels. Health care, beauty, convenience, exclusive brands-our customers rely on us for so many things that every day I'm reminded that Shoppers Drug Mart stores do so much for the communities they serve.

I've been in the cosmetics industry for just about 20 years and this opportunity has taught me so much, and given me the chance to experience goals & challenges that make my job exciting and dynamic.

I'm so fortunate to have such a great team of beauty experts, and we're so lucky to have the support of an unbeatable pharmacy and front store team.

Management at store level is a team I've learned a lot from and am proud to be part of. I'm never not in need of the tools or information I need to do my job well.

Shoppers as a whole has done so much to bring customers the best selection of merchandise-beauty and otherwise-Ina convenient & rewarding way. The Optimum program is second to none.
Pros
Great learning tools & vendor training, fabulous coworkers, excellent opportunity for advancement for a lot of staff
Cons
Technology can seem tricky in the learning stages
work work work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2016
stock shelves, organize shelves, greet customers, recieve presciptions,organize and create logs. The coworkers are great and very hulpful.
Pros
calm environment
Cons
boring at times
Busy, Fun and Fast Paced Environment!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Shoppers had good benefits and the employees and supervisors are great to work with. Very team orientated.

The Manager at this particular location manages the store well but should not be managing people.
great team & and people to work with & somewhat flexible hours
Cashier/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Friendly staffs
Great team
Somewhat flexible hours
I do wish they don't make the schedule 3 weeks in advance tho...kinda hard to predict what's gonna happen in between 3 weeks, a lot can happen in 3 weeks
Pros
awesome friendly staffs
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Working at shoppers was a great experience for me , Everyday i was learning something new , the hard part of the day was dealing with rude customers sometimes , working with my co-workers was fun they were all nice & fun as well , when break time would come and i would get to know the people i work with better
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Small warehouse
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2016
Putting together orders to be shipped while receiving goods. Assembly of wheelchairs and walkers while maintaining a clean warehouse. Enjoyable and quiet.
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
Amazing Managment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Yonge and Oxford16 November 2016
The supervisors at shoppers drugmart do an amazing job at keeping employees focused on their jobs while taking into account the person lives the employees to make sure that working at shoppers drugmart is beneficial to all that are involved.
Pros
Discount
Wonderful atmosphere and a wonderful managing staff and employee base.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB16 November 2016
My time working at Shoppers Drug Mart was an incredibly wonderful experiences as the staff was always willing to help in any situation that may have unfolded, while simultaneously instructing people on how to overcome obstacles in the future. The rather stress-free environment makes it an excellent place of employment if someone is not too fond of high stress and a continuous fast pace.
Pros
Wonderful staff and an excellent atmosphere without mush stress aside from customers.
Cons
Due to larger staffing not as many hours as one might prefer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location