Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,855 reviews matching the search
Its Alright
Cashier/Customer Service/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario22 September 2016
There are no transfers, you have to apply in person and online like every other candidate if you want to work at another Shopper's. My hours were being cut as well as others because the store's sales were declining and even though we asked for more hours, we never received them. The environment was steady paced and I enjoyed my coworkers. A lot of the time when something was stolen like beauty products, the management team would do absolutely nothing about it. On Fridays and Saturdays, the signs were made which was pretty easy to do. I worked with customers on the till and on the phone. The hardest part of the job was putting up the stock and the sale on time.
Pros
Stores are rewarded for sales(free lunch), discount(30%), friendly environment
Cons
Hard to achieve raises, very little flexibility, poor management
unprofessional and hostile environment
Customer Service Representative/Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 November 2016
-extremely unprofessional management, negative and hostile environment
-problems within staff never addressed
-poor wage advancement even when you are going above and beyond
-management choose favourites
-the management will treat you poorly if you need time off or make requests for advancement
-there is never anyone to cover for you if you are sick
Pros
good discount, love the optimum program, benefits are pretty good if you can get fulltime
Cons
almost everything else
Fast paced dynamic environment
Manager BI & Analytics (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2017
Driven by Loblaw today. Business is booming. Unlike in the past, Lot of investment in Technology. Opportunities to learn and grow.Old management team has been replaced be a culture from a large corporate organization with emphasis on formal standard processes.. So people who liked the old small world casual close environment will be disappointed.
Pros
Good Business
Cons
Swift Current is the WORST MANAGED Shoppers...
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK7 February 2017
If you have any concerns and attempt to contact HR, you will be fired. Swift Current location has THE most micro managing, unprofessional and unapproachable management team that I've ever come across. The Associate is discouraging when it comes to participating in the educational courses that Shoppers offers, is unethical in his methods when dealing with customer, employee and corporate head office concerns, as well as immoral. This location has had numerous complaints to head office about the treatment of the employees by the Associate. You MAY receive recognition of the work you do, but it will be at the expense of your coworkers. The gossip, and alienated feeling the "team" gives you outweighs any positive aspects. I wouldn't wish employment at this location for my worst enemy...
Pros
The Shoppers Corporation offers many opportunities, but the Swift Current location Associate will trump this
Cons
The Associate and his Management "Team"
Satisfactory
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 February 2017
Ensuring that cash staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
Human resource functions of cash staff, including but not limited to, scheduling hours and vacations, training, coaching and performance management.
Resolves customer complaints ensuring exceptional customer service.
Maintaining and controlling cash registers and works with Front Store Manager in order to maintain balanced inventory.
Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines.
Planning, organizing and supporting all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON9 November 2016
Loved working here, learnt a lot from co-workers and staff. Very friendly and welcoming environment. It was a very quiet location though, so sometimes it could be a little boring. There were Gala's held for holiday's or to raise money for different things such as cancer, etc.
Pros
Friendly staff and fun incentives
Cons
Long hours, spent majority of shifts on your feet standing
good benefits but horrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
typical day includes way too much stress than any one person should handle, adequate training is not provided, long shifts and short breaks, inexperienced colleagues who sometimes are not willing to learn or follow directions. management does nothing to ensure new hires are adequately trained, they're comfortable leaving the bulk of the work on one or two employees. adequate compensation raises a problem.
Working with a work family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL20 September 2016
Getting ready for the day making sure everything runs as smooth as it can for the pharmacist and other staff,starting with prescriptions that came in overnight.There is always something new to learn everyday especially with insurances and sometimes miscommunication with customers.management were always approachable and easy to talk to same goes for co-workers.Hardest part of the job is knowing someone's having a bad day and you try your best to make it easier for this person/people and the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my absolute best for my boss and my co-workers and the people that I deal with on a daily basis and being blessed to have a job that I enjoy.
Pros
Benefits, staff discount
Cons
Orders maybe getting lost beyond my control when you know someone waiting on it
Productive and overall organized company to work for.
Merchandiser & Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2017
Great position for young, busy bodies. Demanding and always something to do. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of it but the most enjoyable part of the job is working hard and seeing the pay off/finished product. Management is great and always accommodating to personal/work life balance. I've learned better time-management skills and organization skills as well as customer service.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Physical aspect (i.e. heavy lifting)
Great Job
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 February 2017
Great place to work. Friendly, flexible, training.
Good management, room for promotion, good benefits.
Fun and yet professional. Lots of experience to be gained.
fun place to work!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON29 August 2016
A typical day at the workplace was going into the back room, getting a cart full of products, then taking the cart onto the floor and stock the shelves. While at this workplace I learned that I could lift more than I thought I could, also that I'm good at dealing with costumers whether they are happy or not. Management was good at this workplace, very organized and everything always planned out. My co-workers were so helpful, positive, and out going. If I had any questions they would answer them no problem. The hardest part about the job was having to carry a lot of heavy things everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeing like I was part of a family and never feeling lost while working.
Pros
getting free snacks
Great work/life Balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 January 2017
Team was very understanding of work/life balance and had excellent job security and reasonable pay. Advancement was near impossible to much politics!!!
Long hours and fun staff
Merchandiser / Cashier / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 July 2016
To put it short and sweet for my time at shoppers, I would have to say that it is not for everyone. Though there are multiple options for people to experience in the work field. Some may struggle to find a balance with their long hours from 9 - midnight at most locations. For me while in high school, I found myself struggling to stay on top of things. So I would be cautious when applying, especially if you have other priorities!
Pros
Good pay, fun staff, career benifits
Cons
Long hours, late hours
Great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 November 2016
I loved working for Shoppers, I had a great management team as well as great co-workers. My manager was a very hard working woman who led by example. The only bad thing about working there was not being eligible for benefits because I was not considered full time even though I worked 35+ hours a week. I learned a lot working here and would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Staff lunches, great management, incentives
Cons
low pay, benefits
Friendly atmosphere with great co-workers
Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
A typical day at work was repetitive, but, somedays were different which would be exciting. I learned A LOT about every aspect of retail operations which i am extremely grateful for. Management in store was great along with an amazing team of co-workers. The hardest challenges were having to always be on top of everything, but that is the most enjoyable part also, knowing I could rise to all challenge.
Pros
Employee Discount Program
Cons
Long hours, very little flexibility.
Pleasant Experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON15 November 2016
I have worked for Shoppers Drug Mart for over 15 years. I have always been treated fairly by the management and staff. A typical day at work includes opening the store, preparing the tills for the day, doing the deposit and then facing and organizing the items on the shelves. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I work.
Pros
Friendly staff, room to grow (SDM University), fair wage, discount
Cons
Long hours on feet
Management don't know what they are doing.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 October 2016
Great company. But the managemeant is making the company look bad. Management is like a clique. They micromanage and are very disorganized. More concerned with appearing like all is good instead of actually taking care of the store. No work life balance. Expect employees to live their job. Very stressful place to work.
Pros
Great discount.most of the other staff is good.
Cons
No set schedule./management tend to bully staff.
Depends on associate
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 February 2017
In shoppers it's all depend on associate. Some associate doesn't work at all in the pharmacy and forcing to work other pharmacist even if they are scheduled on duty for themselves. Ofcourse everywhere it's good learning time, but working here it's kind of slavery which is better than rexall..atleast you will get good pay and raises.
Don't work here
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Beamsville, ON22 January 2017
Don't work here for cosmetics. Cosmetic manager's do not last, I feel sorry for anyone working in cosmetics. The owner and management believe you should want to be there all the time and schedule unpaid events for the staff to attend. This place is a toxic working environment that requires head office intervention.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Poor culture
Productive Fast Paced work place with a great learning experience
Font Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gananoque, ON26 July 2016
A typical day at work involves me maintaining the stores satisfaction for all employee's and customers, while giving the Manager's a helping hand so our day runs smoothly. I have learned a huge amount of customer service experience from this job, and I've entailed great leadership and organization skills. The easiest part of my job is my co-workers, as they make work a fun place to be. The hardest part of my job is that you have to have good time-management skills in order to be a supervisor, as it's a very fast paced environment with lot's of employee's, and you always want to end your day on a good note knowing the store ran smoothly and your co-workers and customers left the store happy.
Pros
Great staff and customers
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location