Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,010 reviews matching the search
boring work environment
Assistant Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2017
Expectations have always been clear and easily understood. The work environment is bland and employees are not personable or relatable. I was always relieved when the day ended.
Boring and lonely Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 April 2017
Once the new year starts the always cut the hours in half. Some of the managers are rude and don't even say hi to you when you come in for your shift. I had experiences where I have noticed my manager rolled his eyes when I walked in because they did not want to work with me and I never did anything. The training is horrendous when you start. They throw you on cash and don't even tell you everything. An example of this is they don't tell you that you have to enter a store coupon and vender coupon differently. At the beginning you're always calling for the supervisor to come and help you with a problem and they get very annoyed quickly. The people who work here are very cliquey. The different departments don't talk to each other and the job is very lonely and boring.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Boring and lonely
People that work here are incresible
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
The people that work at shoppers are such genuine people. My day mostly consisted of putting away stock and I sometimes had some cash shifts.
Hardest part of this job was dealing with customers who were not polite. Best part of this job were the people I worked with. I have learned a lot about people at this job and how to deal with customers
Productive fast paced atmosphere
Cashier, Part time (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON20 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great company to work for. They were very flexible with working around school schedules and understanding heavy home work loads. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and getting to know the regulars. Working around people of the same age as me also makes it a more comfortable, fun job.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 April 2017
Great place to work. However, there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to move forward. It's definitely a great job. Lots of hours are given to the employees. Lots of fun, team building activities as well. Lots of help when needed.
Secure, yet Micro Management
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 April 2017
I really enjoyed working at Shopper's Drug Mart in the first couple of years. The Management was great, the staff were courteous and hilarious. I learned a lot and the store ran like a well-oiled machine. I started out as a cashier, which is usually the initiation for new employees. Then, as I gained more days at Post office, I gained more responsibilities on the floor. Eventually, I was trained as supervisor where I just made sure that any problems were resolved in a timely manner, and that the cash profits balanced at the end of the night.
However, after the renovation and change in management, things went downhill. There is always a tense period when management changes. Everyone expects things to go on the way they were when of course they can't. Although the main problem was being watched through the security cameras. It is one thing to have the cameras there, it is another thing to call me while I am working and ask me to so something when you are not even there. I felt like my every move was being watched. Manager turned Big Brother.
Pros
excellent break policy and friendly staff.
Cons
Upper Management
usually a enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 April 2017
Shoppers Drug mart was a good starting job, i worked there before starting any career. It helped me with customer communication and conflict resolution.

won prizes for most donations received through breast cancer and other fundraisers.

i was laid off due to wages going up and extra money needed to pay employees.
staff was fun to work with
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  British Columbia18 April 2017
easy work. heavy lifting required. facing, customer service, and knowledge of products are needed. always many staff personnel to help with any questions you might have.
customer service
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 April 2017
customer service is number one
manager not easy to work with
feel like they pick and choose who the ones they like
talk behind your back but nice to your face
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
rude manager
Management Unbalanced and Unfair
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
Management partial to their own children when hired; then they hire friends as managers who hire their children. Gossip is said to be discouraged however managers are the worst for the gossiping.
Pros
Hours/Fellow Staff/Great Customers
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 April 2017
A typical day at work was being on cash, and sorting items on shelves.
I learned a lot about using the cash register since I was a cashier.
Being with my coworkers was one of the best things about working there since the shifts were long so I met a lot of people.
The hardest part of the job is probably getting enough optimum card signups for the day.
Pros
great working environment
Great work experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 April 2017
My most enjoyed job ...evrybody is friendly and the customer's are the best ...ive never worked in pharmacies but I really enjoyed learning and I had the best staff to guide and help me
Employment History
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2017
This is an ok place to work. of course when you work anywhere you are bound to find someone you do not get along with. This place was a struggle to work at only because of the management.
Pros
loved majority of the employees i worked with
Cons
management
Fast pace workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2017
The people at Shoppers gossip about everything instead of doing their job they get the newbies to do their work and sit their and gossip about other employees.
Decent as a part-time
Beauty Boutique Expert/ Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
It's a good part time position. Very reputable brands, fun environment, new people constantly in and out.

Only issue is not a lot of room for growth, and the late night shifts are very difficult on the body. Also management has changed various times while i was there so seems like there was a large turn over rate management wise.
A great job to have.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 April 2017
The workplace culture is just fantastic. The customers are great as well as my peers. Typically I'll either be on cash or I will be performing supervising duties such as expiry checks, facing and ensuring that everything on the front end is processing smoothly. I will either open the store or lock it up which includes ensuring that everything balances.
It was alright
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC15 April 2017
It was okay. I got promoted pretty quickly. I had issues with one manager because I was younger and she didnt agree with the fact I was promoted.. I got fired due to her lying and I never got a chance to even defend myself.... Shotty management, wouldnt work there again...
Amazing .. people here are very niceee
Merchandiser/reciver (co-op) student (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 April 2017
I love doing my Co-op placement here the managing staff is very nice and help you understand the task at hand I've had an amazing work expierence here so far.
Pros
Fun working enviorment
Cons
No cons
Shoppers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart, I enjoyed working there. Managers were very helpful. It was busy store and patients were very demanding sometimes. I learnt a lot though.
Co-op Shoppers Drug Mart (Cosmetics) (Former Employee) –  McCowan, ON13 April 2017
As a co-op student my tasks were very limited. I worked at cosmetics and a typical day was that everyday I put out perfumes boxes on the shelves, cleaned the shelves, helped and cashed customers out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval