Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,936 reviews matching the search
Benefits of working in customer service
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Binbrook, ON26 March 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart has given me exceptional people skills and has given me to build positive relationships with my clientele. I am fortunate enough to have solidarity with my co workers and to be working in a positive enviornment
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
commutes to binbrook
Long Serving employee and have generally been a great company
Beauty Boutique Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
I have nothing bad to say about my 20+ years with this company. Have seen many changes over the years and all have been good.
Benefits are less than desired However salary and perks are sufficient.
Efficient organization
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  AB and BC multiple stores25 March 2017
Variation in corporate culture is noted across stores , there is no fixed standards in the business environment despite the presence of rigid preset bylaws unfortunately in Northern AB my experience was very negative due to a hostile business environment in one store however I cannot extrapolate that to any other stores
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Fast Paced but Enjoyable
Part-time Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB24 March 2017
The job lived up to my standards, it kept me busy and allowed me to further my experience in the workforce. It was a well managed facility and the job kept me on my toes as well as kept me motivated. I was able to cover and gain experience in a large array of positions including merchandising, cashier, as well as cosmetician. The job wasn't particularly hard however it was face paced and a rather enjoyable experience.
Work Place Culture
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 March 2017
Honesty, loyalty and hard work don't matter. If you keep quite and pretend everything is ok you get noticed. Its not the knowledge you have and the hard work you put in .... its the old age thing " not what you know BUT who you know" that likes you. Loved what I did and loved the staff and customers.
Pros
Staff and discount
Cons
Bad Management and Associate Owners
great company
Cashier and Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 March 2017
loved working with my co-workers, was able to learn from almost everyone. learned how to deal with unruly customers and how to make sure they leave happy and willing to come back.
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB23 March 2017
I was an excellent employee while working there I loved the people there I always made the best out of every situation I would handle the cash register and the phones and deal with customers
Great work experience with nice and respectful people.
Pharmacy Assistant (CO-OP) (Former Employee) –  Highway 7 and Kennedy23 March 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a great experience, because everyone, the workers, the boss, the manager, and even the customers and patients were very respectful.
Pros
Not very tiring work
Amazing team to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 March 2017
Very good manager, owner, and environment.
Treatment of workers is amazing, very cool team.
Benefits for employees are awesome, overall extremely enjoyable environment to work in and a lot of room for growth.
excellent opportunity to work
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
Job satisfaction and amazing work environment.
Get chance to learn all skills regarding pharmacy and dispensing
Learn team work and collaborative work with healthcare professionals
Work experience
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 March 2017
A day working here was very productive which included replenishing products onto the sales floor, helping customers, and organizing sales floor. I learned how to use a scanner to scan products to count. I enjoyed working here because it provided me knowledge on how to deal with customers by learning from a co-worker.
Excellent working team
Accredited Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 March 2017
My experience at Shoppers Drug Mart was wonderful. I learned a lot about retail, merchandising, pharmacy, and overall customer service. There were at times difficult customers, but my experience there helped me learn to deal with them and always remain calm and professional.
Pros
Good staff communication and regular meetings
Cons
Very busy sometimes and caused some stress
friendly work environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
I would be responsible for making sure everything is in its right place, lined up perfectly, priced properly, stock items that are low. if I had one suggestion it would just be to learn how to work with people with learning disabilities better, was never good enough for them no matter how hard I tried, was why I was let go.
excellent environment
Pharmacy Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2017
excellent environment really good work atmosphere with understanding associate
co operative colleges with team spirit
used to work different shifts
week end and evening
Professional and Divers Culture
Vendor and Project Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Proper Work/Life Balance
Good environment and potential career growth
Professional and Divers Culture across the organization
Vendor and project Management
Great Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 March 2017
It was a lot of fun working with such great people. The benefits were nice and management treated you with respect. The hours were long at times and working around the holidays was stressful but, the rest of the year was beyond wonderful.
Fast paced but worth it
Part-time Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON19 March 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced with constant prescription orders needed to be prepared, cashing out customers, filing prescriptions and putting back stock. But you learn about many medications and how they are to be used. In terms of the workplace culture, the store I work at includes the most equal ratio of people of color to caucasians so everyone feels comfortable and not at all out of place. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who try to abuse the pharmacy system and the most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of community you develop with your colleagues.
Poor training
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2017
Besides the training that you do online I wasn't trained in person very much.
I was bored a lot of the time. And felt that working until close in cosmetics made no sense because no one came in that late for makeup.

Loved helping people find products they loved but also didn't find there was much chance for promotions.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Closing, lack of one on one training, no availability to move up in posistion
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON17 March 2017
I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart for 6 years. I really enjoyed working here because I got to build my customer experience, and learn to be a team player. I worked both as a cashier and a merchandiser. It was hard to give up my shoppers job after 6 years for school, but now I would like to seek a different environment and try something new. I think having this job shaped me as a person because I feel more confident with communicating with people, I feel like I have good motivation to complete jobs and tasks. As well, I feel like I have good long work experience to assist me in getting a future job.
Pros
30% discount, good atmosphere
simple
Cashier & marchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 March 2017
working at shoppers is pretty tranquil because the store never gets all that busy seeing how its a pharmacy so the workload is'nt overwhelming and can always get done.
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
it closes at 12:00am

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location