Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,542 reviews matching the search
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alta Vista, ON and St.Laurent MallMarch 23, 2016
Typical day would include, signage, load, back filling, cash, overrides, and safe counts.
I learned how to operate a store with minimal employees, learned about making signs and prices, and learned receiving computer skills.
Management was great with employees but did not pay according to work experience, work progress, or status.
Hardest part of my job was searching for expired product as most of it was extremely small product.
Learning to be a part of management and properly time manage.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus
Cons
Lacked the hours needed for most of the store and had limited FT positions
Very friendly staff and flexible schedule. Minimal stress, loving regular customers.
Shift Supervisor Makeup Artist/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of regular charismatic approaches of customer service and pleasing all people needing help. Some fast paced hours on the work floor and the rest of time was spent doing merchandising and back room paperwork duties.

Management saw I was a fast learner and were very eager to raise my duty levels to a more advanced area. Left me to find work on my own and feel as though I could bring more leadership to the workplace.

The hardest part of the job would have been some limits to the amount of product for specific customers who had specific skin disorders or pigment issues. But nothing specifically to do with my workplace I was very happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on my customers faces as they walk away the rewarding fulfilment of satisfying someone is entirely worth the hours spent finding the perfect products to suit them.
Pros
flexible work schedule, management.
Cons
slow days.
Great company to work for! Treat their employees with respect. Tons of training and great pay!
Beauty Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Best company I've ever worked for. I was always treated with respect. The pay and benefits are great and above average for the beauty industry. Good work/life balance, but you do need to be prepared to work late nights and weekends. Management was always respectful and really tries to help their employees progress.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, good pay, great discount.
Cons
On feet all day.
Worst location.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 30, 2015
I worked at shoppers for year and a half, it started off great, I had no complaints. In 2013 I was in the process of getting benefits so I had to work 38 hours consecutively for 3 months to quality. During the probation period I was in a car accident so I had to take 3 weeks off. After returning I was expecting to get the same amount of hours as before..no. I had the worst treatment, I was given 20 or so hours and then when I questioned it I was told it had to start over because of the time I took off. On top of that the management was catty, immature, disrespectful, unorganized, rude, and offensive. After about 4-5 months of being back I quit because I was sick of the stupidity my store had. I'm sure if i were to work at a different Shoppers it would have been different. Though, because I quit without giving the desired two weeks notice, I was told I'm unable to work at another Shoppers.
Company takes advantage of low paid workers.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
The parts I enjoy about the job are the customers and my co-workers. No guarantee of hours and low pay even after positive work performance reviews. Few full time position to avoid the company paying benefits. Even though your hired to do a specific job your going to be asked to do other jobs in the store.
Pros
Staff discount of 30% but only regular priced items.
Cons
Low pay rate
i love shopper's
Merhandising Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 15, 2016
it's a good place to work and everyone there is so nice and helpful i hope i get a job working within shopper's.
i really hope i get a job with shoppers because i really love doing my co-op placement there
Pros
Room for career advancement, support from management, lots of opportunities for learning, raises if you are performing well, great team
Cons
Not enough constructive feedback given. Hard to know what I need to improve
Respective Workplace and Fun Environment
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONApril 5, 2016
I would definitely recommend Shopper's Drug Mart as a place for any one to work. I worked in the Cosmetics department and absolutely loved the benefits and perks to the job! I have to say I did miss seeing those familiar customer faces every day.
Pros
Commission & Sales Incentives
Cons
Hours Not Available
very friendly work environment and having regular customers made work fun
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 11, 2016
Working at Shoppers was a great experience we had a pretty solid daily routine from open to close. We had our daily sales and senior deals plus being our main location in beverly we had a lot of regular customers that I remember as a child myself. As a supervisor there I had to learn to work in all departments becuase I would have to cover breaks for the post office and cosmetics. Having to do that it taught me about working in those different departments and the different protocol they took for their customers.The staff there was like one big family everyone got along and despite age or race we all had a liking to one another and worked well as a team. A struggle as a supervisor was just trying to keep customers happy over the most minor incidents, such as a sale being over a day before the customer realized or if something was ten cents over on their receipt and just dealing with impatient customers when we are very busy and the lineups are long. Overall I truly enjoyed working there because of the environment and the relationships I built with the customers.
Pros
got extra optimum points and great employee deals
Cons
the salary was not enough for the responsibility I had.
Was not a particularly enjoyable experience..
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BCMarch 20, 2016
I was hired as Cash Manager..told I would be working 40 hours per week..sure for November and December, and then when they fired someone and need coverage..no three month increase..spent most of my time there trying to implement structures that should have been in place, but werent..worked with staff who had been issued repeated warnings, but were still kept on..was told it was more important to stock dairy and bring in shopping carts than it was to ensure the cash office ran smoothly..Listened to every single manager complain about every other manager..I stayed out of it, because drama in the workplace doesnt interest me..I have been told by other employees at other stores that Shoppers is a great company to work for..I would never choose it again knowing in hindsight what I know now.

Oh and the best part was being told that I had ineffective communication skills, and being given a guideline on 'how to raise a resilient child' as instruction on how to manage millenials..for those of you still working there..thats how management views you..'as children'..

First company I ever worked for who actually decreased my pay after a three month probation, by cutting my hours..LOL, and I was asked to control 'my negativity' towards that situation..

I am completely happy and found a new job within three weeks..so no harm no foul, but I notice the job is currently posted, so hope this balances out the perception of what this role is..Good Luck!
Pros
Cons
standing at cash for half my shift, covering breaks, really just a glorified supervisor
Autonomous and supportive
Patient Educator / Homecare / Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  GTA, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Approachable staff/management and team-oriented while responsive to changes in status, care planning and patient care concerns, safety and maintaining quality standards of professional practice.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No benefits options or long-term job security
Awful. Awful. Awful.
Csr (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
The scheduling is random and changes without notice. Overtime is expected but you must bank your hours. Manager was inexperienced and indecisive. Salary is not much above minimum wage. Overall terrible place to work.
good work place
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCMarch 15, 2016
good environnement, work with collegues perfect but salary a little low I work for three years. My superviser was honnest and have great sens of justice.
very productive
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCFebruary 16, 2016
i learnt lots about pharmacy asistant tasks here.i do typing rx , filling , compunding, making blister packs, councelling etc
Pros
very nice people to work with and cooperative
Cons
salary
Lots to learn; a good outlet for other retail or sales related careers
MERCHANDISER, SUPERVISOR, CASHIER, CSR (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 14, 2015
The job was always a challenge and every day was different. Being a supervisor/merchandiser/cashier was always a challenge on a day to day basis. There was always lots to learn and it was a lot of fun. My co workers were all friendly. though they often gossiped about co-workers personal lives a little bit too frequently for my liking. Other than that i did enjoy working there but overnights was taking a toll on my body so i had to forfeit my position with full benefits and decent pay.
The 30% discount came into a lot of help as well.
Pros
benefits and good management
Cons
night shift
great benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Great Support from Senior Management
Great Benefits and Salary
Always an opportunity to learn and further your own development
Fun place to work, lots of perks
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 7, 2015
Sales, merchandizing, cash, dealing with public, handling staff and scheduling.
Long hours, but all very passionate towards their work.
Events and training was incredible.
Pros
Perks. and training. Benefits
Cons
Micro Managed
very cultural,busy environment ,unprofessional,
beauty expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB (Meadows)November 9, 2015
great place to work ,not always very friendly management and very different culture . wage isn't bad however if you don't fit in you will be dismissed with very little notice .
Pros
great benefits, friendly co-workers
Cons
not much training, management not so friendly, unprofessional environment
Good
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABOctober 17, 2015
Good management, awesome co workers, sometimes not totally organized, some frustrating policies, but all in all pretty good. Not the best pay or benefits other than a decent staff discount (I was part time), and I really hate wearing dress pants, but the morale was really good, the management was efficient.
Pros
Well managed, good morale, staff discount
Cons
mediocre pay, frustrating customers, sometimes unorganized
Productive and easy going work enviornment
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  torontoSeptember 17, 2015
Management and co-works are great. They are great people to work with and make the day go by faster. The hardest part is sometimes not being acknowledged for my hard work. I have being working for the Shoppers more then five years and the salary is extremely poor every year my salary goes up only my 10 cents! The only reason I stayed for so long easy because I was going to school they were really flexible with me but I graduated and now its time to move on.
Pros
flexabel hours
Cons
poor pay
very productive place to work
Merchandiser / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2016
you always had something to here throughout the day, you never go bored, management was pretty great very understandable people to be around, sometimes we would have free lunches and random give-aways and it was products from the store,
Pros
free lunches, always work to do
Cons
long hours sometimes

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location