Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,350 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Independent Bilingual pharmacist (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON22 September 2017
I worked in multiple locations mostly up North.
Very busy pharmacies, Methadone dispensing.
Quite a bit of learning, good pay and the assistants are very helpful.
Health watch as a system is not user friendly and you need to master it so you understand the reimbursement part.
They promote work and life balance
Pharmacy Enhance Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
I've been working with Shoppers fro almost 3 and half years now. I worked with professionals and mentors that encouraged us to enhance our skills for career advancements.
Productive and fun place to work at
Front Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2017
I loved working at shoppers Drug Mart. Interacting with co-workers and customers was always pleasant. Management was always helpful. Training was professional
Pros
Free Luches
Cons
headoffice quota's were hard to maintain someties
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON20 September 2017
Most days are enjoyable, good atmosphere, great people to work with. Hardest part of the job is dealing with greater expectations and fewer labour hours to accomplish them.
great colleages
Lead Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 September 2017
good work environment at our location with a passionate and caring store associate. Team oriented and great colleages to work with made working there much more fun and enjoyable
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
n/a
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
Excellent place to work at, I worked there for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. It has excellent working atmosphere and offer great benefits for their employees.
Fun and positive work place
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 September 2017
A typical day at work involved me dealing with various customers, helping them locate their shopping items and also involved a lot of facing, inventory, and data entry.

I learned a lot about providing a positive customer service experience, as well as productive time management skills, how to input inventory data/find what I was looking for.

Management was great, anything you needed you had positive support.

Workplace culture was great, all employees were very positive and ready to lend a helping hand if needed.

I can't really say there was a hardest part of the job working at Shoppers for me, everything came pretty easy to me and I was able to always execute the required tasks set out for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things, getting familiar with products, learning new software programs, being able to help customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive environment, salary
Cons
Fun and and enjoyable to work.
Cash supervisor/merchandiser,post office (Current Employee) –  Shoppers broadway 26317 September 2017
For the last 17 yrs working in SDM ,Its fun and good place to work I enjoyed a lot ,I work in all departments from cashier ,mechamdising, ,cash office paper works and deposit. I was also a post office manager at one time ,I enjoyed challenging and stressful sometimes ,learn to be more pati
ent to costumers and offering good services . the most enjoyable part is when the the have a good teamwork its fun coz the work done so fast. I love shoppers and happy to recommend to friends to work coz of the good benifits
Ok Place to Work
Overnight supervisor/stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON16 September 2017
Over all the job was good lots of work and flexible hours and pleasant and enjoyable work environment. But one down side was management not gathering all facts when issues came up and not trying to resolve them when all facts where presented
Pros
pleasent work environment
Cons
issues not fully reviewed
shoppers DrugsMart
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
it was good working with the company i got many good experiences out of it. The staff was great to work with and devolved great relationships with customers.
meh
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 September 2017
This is an okay job, management was okay, it was all just MEH. nothing great, nothing terrible. BUT that is just my opinion, I know lots of people that LOVE the job and lots that hated it!
ok
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 September 2017
management is somewhat aggressive at this store, I would not recommend it to anyone for that reason. I am looking to get out the retail business for that reason as well.
it was very busy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 September 2017
It was an extremely fast paced environment and the staff could put more effort into training new employees. If the training process was improved, the overall quality of the job could improve.
Co-workers are great.
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
Pay was actually not bad for cashier. My co-workers and supervisors were great and gave me all the training and coaching that I needed. I worked the overnight shifts.
Very interesting job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 September 2017
Working here meant alot of late nights working til midnight. Being a full time student at the time these late hours made it for long days and not much school work done. Staff was nice managers on the other hand were very rude and only cared about themselves.
Cons
Hard to get time off, poor pay, unfriendly management
Good
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON13 September 2017
Fellow employees are fun to work with and customers are mostly good. Dealing with difficult or mean customers obviously isn't fun but most of them aren't too difficult or mean.
Shoppers
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 September 2017
ive done school co-op here and i do enjoy retailing. i did enjoy the fun times with the managers and the crew. but i would like to try working at shoppers at some point.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
dealing with angry customers
Exciting envirnment to work in
Beauty Expert (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
Shoppers has given me the opportunity to gain a fresh slate of information in the beauty industry. It has taught me to work well with other while gain a better understanding on customer service. I can say I enjoyed my experience working there from all the detailed and educational information I have retained.
A great place for students
Merchandiser / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2017
If you are currently a high school student or college/uni I recommend Shoppers DrugMart over any big box grocery store and or kitchen work. Its usually a smaller staff which will give you a sense of belonging and a family feel, its a fantastic environment to work in, the employer (who is usually the pharmacist) encourages continuous success and will provide assistance to you future goals, weather if you want to move forward with a career in SDM or any outside related goals.
Staff and management are amazing.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
We are like one big family at the store. The owner and management was always there for staff whenever we needed them. It was a fun place to work. We had outings during the summer and bbq's with staff and family. We worked hard but it was made easy by the way staff communicated with one another.
Pros
Lunches and great staff
Cons
Long hours during inventory preps...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location