Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,244 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working at shoppers the only con I found was that I never got enough hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 July 2017
My review on working at shoppers drug mart was that it was a really good job to have the mangers treats you well and they always made sure you got your break
Pros
Get free lunches
Cons
Don't get enough shift
really nice place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 July 2017
i had a good manger and i liked working at the store.Everyone was very nice and understanding. Whenever i couldn't make it to work everyone understood.
I was let go.
Front Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 July 2017
Usually it was pretty busy, I learned how to take passport photos, run the Canada Post Outlet and how to do daily cash deposits. The managers were really good at being on top of the staff and making sure everything is running smoothly. The staff are friendly and accepting to new employees and usually the days goes pretty smooth.
The hardest part of the job was the repetitiveness and the customer issues, also when items were priced incorrectly it causes a problem.
The best part of working here were the benefits and promotions.
In the end I was let go unexpectedly after a new company bought it out.
Pros
discount, friendly staff
Cons
grumpy customers, stealing
Above average retail job, great for starters in the workplace.
FT/PT Merchandiser/Reserve Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 July 2017
Above average retail job, great for starters in the workplace. Working at a Shoppers Drug Mart as with any retail job demands patience and a willingness to learn.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 July 2017
Stock Management
Inventory Control
Optimum Sales
Handling Cash

A typical day would be handling consumers at the cash point of sale, and putting out stock and front facing inventory on the shelves.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Takes to long to advance
It was a fun time!
Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
The people were nice and so were the hours. The owner of my Shoppers Drug Mart was very kind and would not hesitate to talk to me one on one if there was ever an issue or a question I had that needed to be answered.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 July 2017
Starting day at work is very enjoyable to see all the friendly staff. Great manager and owner to work for. Best part of the job is talking to customers and helping them with what they needed. Most favourite taking picture for passport/visa
Environnement de travail parfait
Gérante adjointe (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC18 July 2017
J'ai adoré travailler pour eux. Mon emploi était contractuel.
fun but boring
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 July 2017
working at shoppers was fun but management in my department wasn't the best, you get decent hours and a typical day at work was kinda slow. hardest part was dealing with people who think they know everything.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
dead
Somewhat fun
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 July 2017
Honestly it just depends on whos your manager and your location, real 50/50 with working for shoppers from what ive experienced. other that that its fun, especially in the makeup department.
Pros
discount on important things
Cons
long hours, inconsiderate of personal life
Productive and Fun Place to work at!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belle River, ON14 July 2017
A typical day at work for a shoppers employee includes either being on cash, or being back up cash while stocking the shelves. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at shoppers drug mart! It is a very comfortable and challenging place to work at, but everyone is very assuring and helps you when in need:) The most challenging part of working at shoppers drug mart is working with difficult customers, or juggling a few jobs at once. Although in the beginning it is tricky, working at shoppers has taught me many skills that i will use throughout my future career.
Pros
Management is Amazing!, They always spend their time to go out their way to make their employees days better!
Cons
None!
Great Company
Vice President, SC, RA & Corp Systems (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is an iconic Canadian Company that is innovative, responsive and a great place to work.

The people that work there are passionate about what they do which makes this a great place to work.
Pros
Innovative company
Cons
Aging systems
Excellent Owner and staff.
Beauty Boutique Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks , AB Canada14 July 2017
excellent employer and staff. I enjoyed working there. It was a balanced environment with good moral.
All the Beauty Boutique associates were helpful and we shared a common goal of customer satisfaction.
Good place to learn customer service
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
I work in a 24 hour store so the 7-8 hours shifts can be 7 days a week starting from early morning and ending up to midnight.

Pharmacy customers can sometimes be demanding, wanting their drugs faster than we have the manpower for given the volume of incoming prescriptions. Unfortunately, we can't process all prescriptions in 20 mins or less because we have so many prescriptions and limited rotation of staff.
Pros
intelligent coworkers, free annual employee events bbq, xmas, sporting events
Cons
workload very high, earn slightly above min wage, stressful as mistakes can be expensive/deadly, not enough training from management
Great place to work, but too much drama within management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 July 2017
I loved the jobs I had to do at shoppers drug mart. I enjoyed the job but hated the gossip and drama that happened within upper management. The environment working here was awful. Always walking on egg shells. No sense of community and as an employee did not feel valued by the company. The actual job and the tasks I was responsible for were what made the job enjoyable.
Pros
learned lots, always busy, fast paced
Cons
management, unprofessional, drama, gossip
Love my job with my shoppers family!!
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 July 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for. The support and training that is offered is by far the best I have ever received. The benefits and wages are comparable to any other chain store
Pros
You are treated fairly
Cons
Sometimes it seems like we always have the same promotional offers
great hours
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 July 2017
the downside to this job is that the pharmacist owns the store and they do not pay well, they feel everyone can be replaced. They do not value employees
Pros
30% off
Cons
no money
its not the worst
cashier (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 July 2017
Shoppers drug mart (at hillside mall) isnt the worst job but it isnt the best. Its good if your looking for part time, they will not give you full time and they cut hours.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
I enjoyed my time at shoppers i worked as a front cash supervisor. And merchandiser. It is a very friendly place to work the ataff and managers were amazing and a delight to work with.
Ok part time job
Cashier/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS9 July 2017
Ok for a first job or something part time. Pretty typical retail stuff.
30% discount off regular price. However, prices are usually cheaper than that elsewhere.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
retail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location