Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,186 reviews matching the search
Always Something To Be Done
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
A typical day at work would include switching out tills, balancing the safes, managing the staff and managing your time. There was always a task to be completed and it certainly required time management. Management as well as other staff were always very supportive and provided knowledge when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the customers I got to serve.
Good place to work.
Mail Print Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Head Office21 June 2017
Shoppers was a great place to work and after the Loblaw takeover and layoff, it is now just a good place to work as their culture is very different from Shoppers was.
Pros
Great people work there.
Cons
Loblaw management has a poor understanding of Shoppers culture.
ok
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON21 June 2017
I found shoppers i bet more serious with everything that they do. With shoppers theres always something you have to be doing or else theyll be on youre case, its a pretty fast pace job
tres bon
Agente service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 June 2017
tres bon comme premiere job jai beaucoup appris la bas
dealing with people
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2017
Greeting people and helping them to find their desired product.
Follow up with and build the long lasting relationship with them.
Always learning something new about products.
Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 June 2017
Nice Environment to work with diversity of people.I like solving the problems of people and handling them with patience.Great management and staff with a positive attitude
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2017
Good place to work. Manager and employees were friendly. The store was run well; it was organized and communication was good. I have absolutely no complaints.
My overall experience was amazing
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
typical day at work didnt feel like work
my manager was amazing and very understanding
co-workers were all great
loved interacting with costumers and helping them with their needs
Pros
long lunches
Cons
little hours
Great place to work enjoyed it
Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 June 2017
I really enjoyed working here and believe that they treat me very well, I had consistant hours and was happy with my day to day work. Half way through our store hired a new manager and he began to take hours away and give everybody very spotty schedules. I need a reliable source of income that I wasn't reciving anymore at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Pros
30% Discount, Nice people
Cons
Not- consistant hours
well organised work place
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON16 June 2017
well organised, clear instructions, evryone knows what to do, fast paced, but flexible shifts, good team work, I gained a very good experience from working there
Productive and fun
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB15 June 2017
stocking shelves, help costumers when needed, learned how to order and price items, the management staff was friendly and helped you when needed, most enjoyable part of the day is when you make the costumers day
Decent place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2017
Company is supportive of growth and encourages personal as well as professional growth. Decent benefits and a fun place to work. The company is working towards more flexible working hours and better work life balance which is great for employees.
leading pharmacy in the business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 June 2017
store is focused o health, medical, beauty, eating. not alot of support from head office and not alo of instructions, but overall not a bad place to work
Productive and fun experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2017
Work is very easy and professional.
Management is great and many opportunities. Also great culture and welcoming staff. I learned many things from answering phone calls to filling prescriptions.
Pros
Free lunches
Apprentissage
Commis service a la clientele (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2017
Le dépassement de sois est requis au sein de cette entreprise.
Environnement de travail
Chef Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2017
Meilleur emploi que j'ai pu travailler, la chimie entre employé, le plaisir de venir travailler même si c'est au salaire minimum
pretty good
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 June 2017
There was quite a few repetitive tasks that you would do everyday, and sometimes multiple times a day. Like restocking shelves, and placing and removing talkers which are those little tag things that say the sale price.
Pros
reasonable amount of time for breaks
Cons
gets hot in the backroom if you're going in and out of there a lot
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
It was very fast pace environment. I did not mind it. The problem was that I did not know I would have my own work out with the equipment. I am very accident prone so I get hurt very much and the work there really affected my health and body. What I enjoyed about the company was the family type of love from the workers. They were great to collaborate and communicate with each other.
Pros
Time goes quick
Cons
Heavy Work
Great place to learn organizational skills
Cashier (handled end of shift money count) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2017
Shoppers have taught me how to merchandise and how to stock. You will learn how to be more personable with your customers. Great with having you learn to count end of day money management as well.
Pros
More freedom in time management
Cons
standing for a long time
Friendly Work Place, No Job Security What-so-ever
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB12 June 2017
Work place is friendly and can be fast paced. Pay can be decent depending on a persons prior experience when going in, especially in regards to anything directly front end.

However the turn over rate in even less than a month after taking on new hires is an atrocity. Seeing people last less than a month after being hired on and being ousted under a loose reason given; especially when the management reviews them as being very positive on the books/in feedback leaves a disheartening sense of security.

Though the work was enjoyable I can say that the training was bare bones at places and very inadequate; to the point where it feels like many being thrown in as new hires are set to fail before they can even grasp the full needed training and knowledge for their position. I would recommend this place for people to shop but employment is honestly a sketchy subject with the abrupt turn overs.

Overall the business is good at a front end surface but there is something going on in the books behind that can leave you fearing for your position there if you really need the work.
Pros
Positive co-workers, friendly management
Cons
Lacking training, very short staffed, Very high turn over in short time, Lack of Job Security, Some staff is actually very passive aggressive, Rift between Front end, Cosmetics staff and pharmacy staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location