Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,282 reviews matching the search
Busy environment.
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 August 2017
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart has been a great experience. I am only choosing to leave to find a job that requires less evening and weekend hours. Would have preferred to have more hours available for scheduling.
Enjoyable!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC20 August 2017
I loved working for Shoppers Drug Mart. I always say they made me a strong cashier. You work hard and the bonus is you feel great because of it. We did a fantastic job our team!
Pros
Hard work, acknowledgements
Fun with few problems
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 August 2017
Overall a great place to work, had very few problems while working at Shoppers Drug mart. I learned a lot while working there how to be an efficient team member, and how to handle various problems when they arise. I was also thoroughly cross trained as a merchandiser, cashier,receiver,customer service rep, and digital technician. Management was always fair and friendly. The hardest part of the job was time management/trying to get assigned/daily tasks done when the store was busy all day long. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people, I met all sorts of amazing people both staff wise and customer wise.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Difficult customers sometimes coupled with a busy day is very draining
nice place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 August 2017
It was great experience over there. I like the place because staff is very helpfull and polite. No stress over the work. Friendly Enviroment. It was nice experience.
A great working environment !
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 August 2017
I worked at this location at Shoppers Drug Mart in Thunder Bay for 23 years , which does say a lot for the company . There are many many long term employees working within the company still. Shoppers Drug Mart places high value on customer service. The management and corporate is very supportive with their training and you will always be learning to succeed and thrive with your job. Always updating learning materials with all the cosmetic lines. A very friendly and fun environment . Treated extremely well by the associate , corporate and staff. We worked as a team and I always stayed positive with any new challenges. . Got to love cosmetics and have that special flare with the customer. This is a great company to work for. And yup, you bet I would do it all over again !
Pros
Best company to work for..
Awful work experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 August 2017
I've worked for shoppers for many years and worked my way into the pharmacy. I was there for 7 years and the wages were horrible for the work that had to be done. The system they use for the pharamacy was absolutely atrocious and went down countless times. The management is very poor and didn't seem to care about the stress of employees who had to deal with issues with the system everyday. The location in which I worked in lost a great deal of customers due to technical errors. Overall awful and stressful working experience.
Cons
Low wages, stress
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 August 2017
Great staff. Fun place to work. Good teamwork, Highly recommend. Well organized. Excellent work environment. Close to home. Great customers. I highly recommend this store as a starter job for youth and adults alike. Thank you.
it was a fun place to do my co-op
Retail Sales Associate Cosmetic Department (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON17 August 2017
i did my co-op here and i really enjoyed it i learned some much. and i got to help people pick up the right make-up that worked with them. i also had to follow some girls to maker sure that they were not stealing from the store.
Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 August 2017
The Benefits, RRSP's etc for full time employees is very good. The employee training and online schools are very good for product knowledge, company policies and help the new employees understand the company and the products it has to offer.
Too big for me
RETAIL ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
A decent organization to work for but typical levels of bureaucracy which are heard to avoid in such large organizations.

I was very junior owner worked or invest such of the work repetitive and mundane.
Pros
good potential for advancement
Cons
Corporate culture typical of a large firm

Want to know more about Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?

Ask a question
It's alright
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON16 August 2017
This was not the right job for me-- I was only able to work once per week and therefore wasn't the most knowledgeable about the different cosmetics brands, which is a must to be a persuasive cosmetician.
Fun and easy place to work!
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB16 August 2017
If you're looking for an easy job, work as a clerk at the front counter its and easy job and you dont have to work late nights! Great for high school students!
did not like it..
Merchandiser/Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
Every Shoppers ive worked at, I hated it! I liked the job itself but not the atmosphere or management. ive always had mean, rude and overworked unhappy bosses..
Great workplace
EYEBROW THREADING ARTIST volunteer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 August 2017
Fun and positive work environment. Whenever I volunteer for the look good feel better events held at Shopper's Drug Mart, I always feel welcome and have a wonderful time interacting with both the customers and staff alike
Environnement agréable pour travailler.
Assistant technique en pharmacie (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC14 August 2017
Atmosphère de travail agréable, bon esprit d'équipe. Travaillant dans un cpo, j'ai appris des choses que je n'aurais pas apprises en
communautaire. Je suis très heureuse de cette expérience.
Cependant il y avait beaucoup de pression.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe
Cons
Pas de fond de pension.
Very professional and enjoyable place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB14 August 2017
Shoppers is a great place to work , Very family orientated and flexible hours . The management are very knowledgeable and professional .I would recommend the employer to anyone looking to start their carer in Administration .
Locations differ
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2017
management at my location are absolutely useless. Obviously this does not apply to any other shoppers drug marts. The work is easy, but nobody cares enough to put in the effort into making a great working environment. No sense of team.
Pros
none..
Fun to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON11 August 2017
I like working at shoppers drug mart because most of the employees are easy to get along with and build relationships with, it has its cons too, but overall its okay
Pros
breaks are always at the same time
Cons
unreliable workers/ hard time getting days off
very secured job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
As long as you do your job the way you are trained, it is an enjoyable place to work. it is not too busy or exhausting but has its busy moments. Only problem is management needs work, and new hires are trained very porrly, and the store is hurt because of it. also, shift trades, vacations, sick days are always a big issue leaving staff understaffed and overworked
Depending on what store you go to, each store varies, mine was horrible
Post Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  BC10 August 2017
my particular store had terrible management, and the only reason youre more likely to be secure is because people kept leaving. Management didn't really care about you, youre underpaid, the only good thing is maybe your fellow lower ranked coworkers, should they manage to stay long enough. I personally stopped mixing with coworkers only because they'd leave in 3 months, give or take. Store owner was a total B, but they did focus on somewhat good customer service, at least my department did, thats probably the only plus side, and the discount.
Pros
discount
Cons
high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location