Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

shoppers great place to work at
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2017
great place to work at , great people to work with and tasks keep me busy. I've worked at shoppers for years . its safe and well lite ,friendly. the employers and
customers are friendly.
Not bad
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
The salary based on what you is not enough! people who work over there are mostly friendly and helpful. the management team is supportive and understanding your situation.
A Typical Day At Work As A Shopper Drug Mart Employee
Cashier and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
My duty as a Shopper Drug Mart worker was to provide satisfaction to the customers by displaying products on the shelves and confirming their purchases at the cash register.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 October 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart was a great place to work, the staff were great and everyone was treated equally. Anyone would be lucky to work there. Its a good atmosphere to work in.
Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 October 2017
I love working for shoppers drugmart. Here you feel part of an amazing team and the wages are great. Being a cashier you get to learn all the skills..
Great work environment
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
Loved working as a cosmetician as I went to school. My manager was funny, fun loving and got the job done. Training through cosmetic seminars on evenings and weekends were fun with great perks and discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
late hours
Motivation
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2017
it is a great experience to work with them with a strong friendly culture.Helping each other to complete tasks and learning something new every day about dealing with different culture.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2017
There are a variety of jobs to carry out every day with many opportunities to move up in the company. Management is great and is always willing to help which makes a comfortable work place.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not any serious cons
great job for students
Cashier/Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2017
been working here for 4 years. i get along with everyone at my store.

the cash manager is nice and will do what she can if you need hours.

It depends on the store that you're hired at. At some stores there;s blatant favoritism (sometimes theres racism involved, sometimes its nepotism.) It makes it hard to advance if you're not a certain color of if you aren't related to someone.
Awesome Environment
Cash office Supervisor - Part time (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2017
I would say for me this was a perfect spot for a part time job for me at that time. Management and staff were amazing and I enjoyed working there. I would work there again if I was given the chance.
Pros
Easy Scheduling
Cons
Late nights (for me) but I liked it still
Management issues
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2017
Management ran the store like a dictatorship, and HR couldn't care less about the little people under them. That job tore me down and I felt like I couldn't do anything even though I was excelling at my job..
Cons
Unpaid overtime, no yearly raises
Terrible
Cosmetician (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON12 October 2017
Completely terrible. The staff harras you and when you go to the managment to tell them they dont care and they do nothing. I could go on and on about this place but overall this place is a joke
great working environment
Cashier Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 October 2017
friendly staff. Great environment. feel safe. room to grow. lots of different places to be ie. cash/ supervisor/ Merchandising/ cosmetics/ pharmacy. great place overall
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun environment
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
Cosmetics is a fun environment to work in. There's always new launches and things to get excited about plus there's lots to keep you busy so time doesn't drag.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Late hours
Fun work environment
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
The cosmetics department is a fun work environment with different things occurring day to day. Lots of things to keep you busy so time doesn't drag and you never know what to expect.
Pros
Fun department
Cons
Bad hours
Shoppers Drug Mart
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON11 October 2017
I work for shoppers drug mart on for school co op Facing shelves and stalking dairy milk products breaking down the box
Dissapointment
Head Food Merchandiser, Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 October 2017
Until recently I was quite happy with my overall experience at Shoppers Drug Mart but in general Management does not care about employee well being. I have been asked to care less about my job so I can be paid less for my work which is incredibly wrong.
productive and fun filled working atmosphere.
Training new staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
my work experience was good. I learned so much from my co staffs as that was my first job in Canada. The management is very friendly and always ready to help each other.
Pros
free pizzas once in a week.
Cons
night shift
good employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2017
sometimes its busy day,sometimes there nothing to do.
but a merchandiser some of the days are hard, you get tired lifting and filling some product in the shelves.
Productive staff
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2017
It is an okay place to work. I like the staff discount. My coworkers are okay to work with but I feel that I am one of the more knowledgeable people in the cosmetic department
Cons
manager is the only one who goes to to product classes that the brand representatives give

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.