Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,577 reviews matching the search
decent
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 22, 2016
it was pretty good the experience was nice so were the people who worked there. The environment was also pretty nice overall it was a very nice job I enjoyed it
Pros
Management is good
Reliable crew, reliable hours
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONAugust 21, 2016
Shifts were easily covered by our reliable crew members and there was not a lot of shifts understaffed. Every week I was promised as well as given full time hours(upon request) even though i was only hired part time
Pros
commission, discount
Cons
the location
Good
Front store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2016
Was a great experience but definitely nothing long term.I love the co workers , but I feel like I did too much for what The pay was. I enjoy interacting with people and thats what kept me there so long.
Typical Retail Experience
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 20, 2016
Working at Shoppers Drug Mart was a positive experience. The job was fast paced sometimes but could also be slow paced at times. Every shift was pretty consistent with the same tasks.
Pros
Easy to get into
Cons
Late closing time
Terrible management but enjoyed working with makeup.
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 18, 2016
Loved working as a cosmetician, was able to build a solid clientele and learnt about all kinds of brands by going to (sometimes) paid seminars. Free makeup was cool. Coworkers were nice.

Management was terrible though, not supportive and negative, expected too much and wasn't appreciative. Wasn't treated with respect there by management. Didn't think this company would be that bad, but maybe it was just that store, keep in mind each store is individually owned.
Pros
discount, free makeup, cosmetic experience
Cons
poor management
was a coop
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2016
it was a co-op i loved working there learned new thing daily was able to learn multitasking and grew a relationship well with my co-workers, hardest part was the constant lifting
Great work place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 16, 2016
It was great work at but when I was there, this merchandise manager thought that he actually own the place. He would call help when I don't need it. But other than him, it was great. Had to quite due to school.
Pros
job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 15, 2016
I had the best supervisors who where fun and supportive, easygoing ( most of them) . The salary was okay. All the people were generally polite to me. Great customer service.
Pros
30% on almost everything in store, good team work
Cons
Many nights shifts, not equal for everyone, salary
perfect working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONAugust 15, 2016
working with shoppers is a little bit stressful but it is the best place for a pharmacist to gain experience, the manager was a very good person my preceptor was very collaborative and supportive the best part in the work we were working as a team
Fun Workplace
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 14, 2016
I enjoy working at shoppers because of our shoppers culture, it gives everyone of the employee the chance to grow and enhance their talents thru customer service and other parts of the store.
An aspiration to move up in the company is always acknowledged.
FRONT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  SDM 2275 THE RITZ, COAL HARBOUR, VANCOUVER B.C.August 13, 2016
FSM's job starts by planning the workflow of the day. I usually walk around the store with a pen and paper for a quick notes to fix and to do listing as part of the daily routine. I learned that delegation is the best way to complete more tasks of the day as the new principle says, "work smarter not harder". The hardest part of the job is how to develop an almost accurate forsythe to supply the demands based on trends. And lastly, I am looking forward for the next SDM conference as the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
30% discount as an employee.
Cons
Long Hours of work.
Productive and great workplace with amazing employees
Co-Op Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 13, 2016
Shoppers Drug Mart was an exceptional place to co-op at, the work was good, I picked up and improved on many valuable skills and the co-workers and management were even better than I had imagined they could be. The hardest part of the co-op itself was leaving, although the most enjoyable had to be coming in everyday with a positive attitude to see and talk to other people that felt the same way.
Pros
Good hours, good work, good employees, good management
Cons
Sometimes heavy lifting
Friendly workers, customers and very flexible schedule.
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2016
Shoppers is a great place to work, customer service from other workers is amazing and everyone is eager to help. I am looking for a new job simply because im not getting even 15 hours a week, nothing against the store or employers,
Good place to start out at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONAugust 11, 2016
I enjoyed working here. Everyone had a job to do and knew what they were doing. All employees seemed to be hard working and had great customer service skills
Pros
co-workers
Cons
late night hours, weekends, holidays. low pay
Relaxed environment
Front End Supervisor/cashier (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 11, 2016
I mostly enjoy working at Shoppers but have encountered co-workers that are not really "team" oriented. Some will "throw you under the bus" to make themselves look better.
Pay rates are kept secret but do know that they are not necessarily fair and equal. It seems to be up to the descretion of whoever to give certain people a raise.
Pros
flexibility in scheduling days off, great manager, entrusted with responsibility
Cons
workplace drama, not necessarily equal/fair pay, annoying co-workers
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 9, 2016
The culture is easy going. People are nice. The work can get fast paced at times but teams are pretty supportive to ensure you success. Would recommend working if your looking to get out of a dull government job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Fast pace at times
healthy environment to work in
Postal Clerk- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 8, 2016
It was a busy store to work and I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Management was very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to get more hours.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
struggling to get hours
Amazing Experience
Beauty Boutique, makeup expert (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONAugust 8, 2016
Working at shoppers was an eyeopening experience that helped me grow my knowledge of the beauty industry. It helped me to further grow my comfortability of makeup and being a beautician
Great!
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ONAugust 8, 2016
It was a great working environment. Very great people and was well organized and ran by smart, reliable people to whom you can trust. Over all good experience.
its good
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 8, 2016
All in all great people and great company and culture. One of my best jobs. It was quite fast paced but the people made it easy.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location