Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & Benefits reviews

Woman's health
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 February 2018
With shoppers drug mart I learned about new software update everyday myself with back order medicine, recall and overall information.

Getting good benefits with optimum card good stuff for daily life and cosmetics
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
Favroutism
Employment as a Store Administrator is not rewarding
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 February 2018
A Store Administrator bears all the stress and responsibility to check, report and perform according to schedule but is the last person to be rewarded. Kept as a Part Timer with Full Time responsibility.
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
Very poor recognition and pay rate.
good workplace
PHARMACY ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sandhurst, ON13 February 2018
It is a good workplace kinda family atmosphere and well organised with management only thing lagging is it is not unionized. And as usual if there is no business they cut down hours.
Terrible Job Experience
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2018
This location was not productive at all. Staff did not complete their tasks there was delayed work, no proper staffing, we did not get a raise or over time hours. During visits from the Head Office we would be at the store until the next morning working to ensure everything was up to date. it was ridiculous
No pay increace
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
The job is a job, it doesnt come with any benefits or pay increases , regardless of your position you will still be paid minimum wage. Only pay you will 12 regardless of the time it takes to actually finish counting the trays and putting it all away.
Fun workplace/team environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montreal8 February 2018
It is a good place to work at, management is very accommodating and understanding of your demands. Management works hard to ensure a family environment.
Pros
good discount
Cons
open holidays
Shoppers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON7 February 2018
Managment was very nice, and outgoing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that cared about me. The hardest part of the job was closing, because jut when the store was about to close the lines would get very very very long.
Pros
Break
Cons
Short Hours
CO-OP Student
Sales Associate/Coop Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
As a CO-OP student I am learning the real work place life of having a real real job but not getting paid in money but it getting paid in hours to get my school credit.
Pros
learning retail
Cons
not getting paid
amazing company to work for
COSMETICS MANGER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 February 2018
I love working at shoppers. Great carrier opportunities. Growth within the company. Benefits are good. Brand trainings are very good for cosmetics knowledge.
Pros
Growth, work life balance and good management
Cons
Less overlap hours
Do not apply at the Eaton Center
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Management will not create a permanent schedule for you and take full advantage of your availability. As schedules are created on a weekly basis, myself and several other employees were sometimes made to work up to 9 days in a row - additionally, there was no guarantee your days off would be consecutive. The store was also constantly understaffed.
Even after being hired on at the supervisor level and working at the same location for 2 years I was only making a few cents above minimum wage.
Great co-workers, good hours and lunches
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 February 2018
Was a good place to work at. I enjoyed working with the people. The hours fit my schedule. Also the lunches lasted long and were comfortable in the lunch room.
Overall great work environment.
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 February 2018
Shoppers drug mart is a really friendly and welcoming environment for both the customers and the employees. Overall workimg there was a good experience.
Benefits
good work place
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2018
good enviorment
good staff
cooprative managment
good wages
easy work
learn lots of customer service skills
love to work there
need more hours and high wages
Pros
40% off
Cons
Job is only fun, when working with the right people!
Photo Technician/Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 January 2018
The job itself is decent, but management and supervisors make a positive environment full of SOME positive people very toxic. Salary is decent but could be much better, especially for people who have worked there for a long time. The discount is good is nice. Overall 3/10.
Pros
Discount, Some Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Management, Supervisors, Salary, Advancement, Balance of duties...
4 Years
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON25 January 2018
Worked personally for this company for 4 years, they really need to work on management and store ownerships.
They don't pay well for what you are doing for them inside the store they require you have certifications and don't pay you in a fair way in what they require you to do when you have had to get an education for the job title you carry.
Cons
False promises, bad pay, and lack of initiative from owner.
Excellent part time job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Manitoba24 January 2018
Great place to work, management is reasonable. Staff is friendly. Paid fairly for the work that I do. Good hours. I will be sad to leave shoppers drug mart.
Great people to work with. Bad hourly pay and not much for raises.
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  415 Herald court, Saskatoon, SK20 January 2018
I enjoyed working here as all the employees and managers were really nice and good. I was promised 13/hr but never happened. I was payed 11.55/hr. Always had chips and chocolate that was about to expired in break room and cosmetics would do like an employee sale every once in a while for 6 items for 2 dollars. So you saved like 100's of dollars with that on make up. Overall it was good but not enough pay and never scheduled more then 32-34 hours a week for full time employees.
Pros
Chips and choclate. Cheap makeup.
Cons
Hours and pay.
Shoppers Drug Mart Employee for Ten Years
Supervisor, Merchandiser, Post Office, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
A typical day at work for me can include juggling up to four different departments in one shift due to my level of cross training. I am trained in almost every store department that does not require specialized education.
My management team is very supportive, and is flexible with most workers.
The workplace culture is upbeat, always moving, but has an underlying general despondency due to the lack of competitive pay raises and benefits packages.
The hardest part of the job is some of the physical aspects (eg, standing at till for long periods of time, moving pallets, lifting product) as well as customer retention after service disputes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that every day is a different job list and making our customers happy.
A good strpping stone company
Photo Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC19 January 2018
Overall this company is not too bad to work for. If you enjoy low wages, but a great extended health care package, this is a job for you. Easy, non-stressfull
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor wages
great staff!
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC17 January 2018
This was a job I had as a student. I loved being a cashier. Staff was great and the hours are retail. The salary is minimal and there is no real opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.