Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Pay & Benefits reviews

Disorganized but sometimes fun...
Cashier/Postal Clerk/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 November 2017
Great bunch of people to work with. Often short staffed or over staffed. Schedule changes only hours before shifts. Schedules never complete past a week ahead.
Pay is terrible for the amount of responsibility.
Pros
Discount
Cons
All over the place and last minute notice about shifts, hard to plan anything else.
Fun place to work.
COSMETIC MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 November 2017
The staff here was always very friendly and welcoming. Very strict on their policies but there is a lot of room to grow in the company. Store owner was not worth ultimately NOT staying at the job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too strict
More routine and lacks usage of modern integrated accounting system. So enormous paper work and less automation.
Store Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2017
Monotonous and less chances for growth. Fixed salary and may not move up inside the organization. You have to be able to take on more locations to increase income overall.
Pros
Routine and does not require intelligent interpretations except knowledge company rules.
Cons
Difficult to take vacation as there is no alternative person to take over time bound deadlines.
Discounts
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2017
Sales discount for employees at 30%. So far, the generous among the retail establishment. Employee RRSP plan where the employer can contribute up to 25% towards the plan.
Pros
Discount
Cons
long hours, slow promotion
Not bad, not great
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 November 2017
Cosmetics is very slow paced. The quotas are hard to meet when there’s not a lot of customers, and when quotas aren’t met they scold you, It’s just an ok place to work, not great.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Quotas and boring job
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 October 2017
It was an okay job. Only lasted the minimum of 3 months.
I worked both at cash and in merchandise.
I learned to use my criticism to better my performance at work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
cosmetics
Cashier & Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 October 2017
was the only job i ever had that actually gave proper breaks and fair hours. its hard to make a decent living at this place but is a fair and friendly enviroment.
Low morale in the workplace
Food Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 October 2017
It started as a good place to work, but over the years they have cut hours more and more and yet expect the same amount of productivity. This is causing a lot of stress among the workers, and worker morale is at a real low point.
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
They keep cutting hours.
Amazing place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 October 2017
Everyone was great where I worked. Pay was decent . Always busy which was good. A good starter job or even retirement job for extra cash on the side.
Pros
Cons
Alot of stuff to do
Not bad
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC18 October 2017
The salary based on what you is not enough! people who work over there are mostly friendly and helpful. the management team is supportive and understanding your situation.

Want to know more about Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix?

Ask a question
Management issues
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC13 October 2017
Management ran the store like a dictatorship, and HR couldn't care less about the little people under them. That job tore me down and I felt like I couldn't do anything even though I was excelling at my job..
Cons
Unpaid overtime, no yearly raises
A busy, underpaid and often frustrating place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2017
Generally working in the pharmacy we never really have enough people and hours - it is constantly very, very frustrating and overwhelming. I did have good managers in the store I worked at last, but a previous store had awful management so it is definitely not consistent.
Cons
Long hours and never enough staff hours
Very good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 October 2017
Really nice work environment.
Very good insurance benefits.
The only con I found was the easy clientele since the pharmacy was located in wealthy neighborhood and I prefere a challenging job.
Dead end job
Pharmacy Assistant (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2017
I have been working for shoppers drug mart on and off for 9 year. There is no room to advance. They do not respect their hard working employees. There is a lot of favoritism with this company and if they do not favor you, you are disposable to them.
Pros
The wages are fair but no bonuses or salary increases
Cons
Favored staff will bully any other staff they do not like and management always believes them
flexible work and good hours, good people
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC28 September 2017
love working for shoppers, good company to work for. Learned about different products in different brand, good customers and have fun and energy with co workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good hours
Poorly Managed
Cashier/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2017
Schedules are a mess and hours are cut constantly. Hard to have fun and enjoy your work in this very dreary environment. The employee discount is fairly decent at least.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Work Environment, Management
IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 September 2017
Excellent place to work at, I worked there for 6 years and enjoyed every moment of it. It has excellent working atmosphere and offer great benefits for their employees.
Fun and positive work place
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 September 2017
A typical day at work involved me dealing with various customers, helping them locate their shopping items and also involved a lot of facing, inventory, and data entry.

I learned a lot about providing a positive customer service experience, as well as productive time management skills, how to input inventory data/find what I was looking for.

Management was great, anything you needed you had positive support.

Workplace culture was great, all employees were very positive and ready to lend a helping hand if needed.

I can't really say there was a hardest part of the job working at Shoppers for me, everything came pretty easy to me and I was able to always execute the required tasks set out for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things, getting familiar with products, learning new software programs, being able to help customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule, positive environment, salary
Cons
Fun and and enjoyable to work.
Cash supervisor/merchandiser,post office (Current Employee) –  Shoppers broadway 26317 September 2017
For the last 17 yrs working in SDM ,Its fun and good place to work I enjoyed a lot ,I work in all departments from cashier ,mechamdising, ,cash office paper works and deposit. I was also a post office manager at one time ,I enjoyed challenging and stressful sometimes ,learn to be more pati
ent to costumers and offering good services . the most enjoyable part is when the the have a good teamwork its fun coz the work done so fast. I love shoppers and happy to recommend to friends to work coz of the good benifits
Nice place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB8 September 2017
Worked here for 6+ years two different locations. Both locations pleasant to work in. Showed consistency. Good benefits. Energetic staff. I enjoyed my time here
Pros
Fun
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.