Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 1,843 reviews matching the search
Great staff
Pharmacy- Clerical Position/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
Very great staff, your opinion is well validated in the company. The work is great and very flexible. Very friendly customers!
It's a job, at the least.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 February 2017
The coworkers are fantastic, fun, friendly, and the customer base is very large and diverse. Managers are open to feedback and are typically very understanding.

Hours are scant for part-timers, and many employees are very often asked to perform the work fit for two or even three people in a fast-paced environment. Most of the managers seem less than interested in helping out cashiers during the day, and the supervisors are spread too thinly during the night.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers, 30% discount on most products
Cons
Crude HR practices, little assistance from managers
Too much gossip
cashier/ photo technician/ merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 February 2017
It's not what u know at shoppers it's who you know. Many of my friends there had lots of managerial experience. Merchandiser kept getting promoted to assistant front store manager. Front store manager was nit nice. Way way to much gossip in that place uggggg
Pros
Good co workers
Satisfactory
Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 February 2017
Ensuring that cash staff comply with store policies and operating procedures.
Human resource functions of cash staff, including but not limited to, scheduling hours and vacations, training, coaching and performance management.
Resolves customer complaints ensuring exceptional customer service.
Maintaining and controlling cash registers and works with Front Store Manager in order to maintain balanced inventory.
Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to established guidelines.
Planning, organizing and supporting all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
Fast Paced Work Place
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 February 2017
# Learnt a lot from SDM, positive and negative, for example:

- Skills and patient care (positive)

- Never try contact HR or head office managers, for sure you will be in trouble (negative)

# Professional environment but too much unrealistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
Busy and Unrealistic Expectations
Work Life
Front Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is a nice environment to work for, as most staff are friendly and helpful. Quality of management depends on each individual store as all locations are franchised.
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 February 2017
I loved the discount and how easy the job was. I would highly recommend this job to anyone looking for something simple and less stressful. Shoppers drug mart is a wonderful place to work with great deals.
productive and fun environment
Was promoted to supervisor within a year (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON15 February 2017
Enjoyed working for belle river for the 5 years that I was there. The owner is awesome, always makes lunch for his employees around the holidays, the managers are great and reasonable people to work for, and the small town customers were always a pleasure to help.
Pros
free lunches and optimum points
Retail with Regular and Flexible Scheduling
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON15 February 2017
Having worked for Shoppers Drug Mart for 6 years, I have enjoyed my time with my current location, and would recommend the company for full and part time opportunities.
job environment
Merchandiser/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 February 2017
The managers are very professional and friendly. The work place itself is very friendly. I enjoyed dealing with customers and assisting them with their inquiries.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Good Place
Customer Service Representative/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2017
Shoppers Drug mart is one of the fine workplace environment to work with different peoples. Every time there is the opportunity of learning something new almost every day. The hardest part of the job is overnight shift because almost whole weeks there's DC delivery that has to be received.
stay away, trust me
Assistant Front Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 February 2017
Terrible company to work for. No one makes a decent living here except for the fsm, owner and pharmacists. The benefits for full timers are garbage and they don't pay overtime.

Frequent head office visits from the DM and other various corporate people put a lot of stress and pressure on the staff.

Pros
Cons
low pay, no overtime, frequent head office visits, not enough training
depends on the location
Beauty Boutique Expert (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 February 2017
Shoppers is a great place to work for, but are all owned separately by the head pharmacist.
Every experience is different when it comes to working in a Shoppers Drug Mart. I enjoyed the people I worked with and was able to learn a lot on the job and attending brand schools.
Shoppers was a great place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB13 February 2017
This was a great job!
I loved working at Shoppers. There was always something to do. Management and coworkers were wonderful. Pay was expected and I loved the staff discount!
I wouldn't have left this position if my family obligations didn't demand that I do at the time.
The hardest part of this job for me was stocking the milk as I'm medically unable to lift over 20lbs.
Pros
Store discount
Great place to work if you like a challenge
Supervisor/Postal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB12 February 2017
Plenty of room to advance positions for those who wish for a new challenge everyday. Lots of company run meetings and reviews on your performance to make you the best you can be.
Pros
Community driven company
Cons
Juvenile co-workers
A very constricting environment I found.
Assistant Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 February 2017
A fun group of people tied down by too much paper work, too many procedures taking away from a person's ability to give great customer service, also making it hard to enjoy working here. Short on staff and this leads to overworking the staff that is there.
Pros
Optimum card gives employees 30% off at shoppers
Cons
Long hours and no over-time pay
friendly workers and supervisors willing to help
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2017
I enjoyed working there because I got to know my staff members really well along with having the staff feel like a family to me even thou i was a part time employee
Productive and Great Place to work.
Assistant Front Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 February 2017
Great and friendly environment to work. Leadership training was always available for anyone looking to move up in the company. Worked for a great team and great management.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2017
The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. As a newcomer, I was overwhelmed and stressed with how busy the store was from the beginning until the end of the day, however the staff made it very easy to make work less stressful.
Pros
Free lunches
Co-workers, and customers make the job enjoyable
merchandiser, cashier, customer service, receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2017
With merchandising & cash positions at Shoppers Drug Mart, management perceive you as an expendable employee that they can replace in a snap, even if your are full-time, or doing night-shifts, it won't matter. Not much acknowledgement from the associates, and managers. They also break their own rules, and won't give you a say if you have an opinion. The best part is working with co-workers who are smiling, and can laugh here and there, also the friendly customers that come by. Hours always get cut at some time of the year for part-time, and full-timers, but they also offer extra hours sometimes. Overall, not a place you would want to stay for too long, because of the low wages, and lack of acknowledgement.
Pros
employee discount, although its not that great
Cons
Sloppy management in certain stores

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location