Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Employee Reviews

Found 2,034 reviews matching the search
Great workplace
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 April 2017
It was probably one of the bets experiences in my life. I have learned a lot in the pharmacy and gained lots of knowledge and experience . Management was great
Very by the rules
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
I leaned about how an employee should be treated. Very friendly team I had the pleasure of working with. Definitely a great place to work when you're a student, they make sure to work around your schedule
Pros
discount
Cons
working until midnght
Salary
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, ON25 April 2017
Underpaid when you have been there for more then 3 years. Work enviroment is usually very productive however when working retail it's hard to stay positive when customers complain
Pros
Lots of shifts
Cons
Crazy hours
Easy Going
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Perry, ON25 April 2017
Easy going place to work. Salary is low but you do get a discount. No room for advancement at all, and you never know how many hours you will get in a week. Requested full time hours many time and sometimes would only get 5 a week.
Over all good experience, great part time job for a student.
Hated it
Cash Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2017
Terrible Work environment. Front End manager is the WORST...The owner is Mental. Front end supervisorsall hate each other and talk about each other all day everyday. No training provided to do my job correctly. WORST JOB EVER
Good Part Time Job
Core Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 April 2017
Good work atmosphere for part time work while in school or supplementing income while you are working another job. An ideal laid back and fun place to work
Productive and Fun workplace with a great atmosphere
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON25 April 2017
During my time working at Shoppers drug mart I found that it was a very good place to work. The job isn't to difficult and the other staff/management were very caring and generous about days off. The work environment was exceptional and i would gladly work there again.
Pros
multiple breaks
great first job
Supervisor and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 April 2017
Shoppers Drug Mart is a great first job but it not somewhere I would want to continue to work. Co-workers are like family but management does not support you for your future and talks down to you
very busy
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2017
They don't compensate you for transport, when you work as a relief pharmacist no benefits, even if you work 28hr/week between different stores. Usually a very professional organized and a clean environment to work..
Dissaponting
Beauty Boutique Expert (Former Employee) –  Mississauga25 April 2017
No job security or growth within the company. No proper management within sections, lots of politics and dramas. New district manager can't wait to prove himself.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work politics
ok
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON24 April 2017
depending who you work with , it can be great or terrible some days its good and some days are bad. the store i worked at was getting worse and worse .
if its he job for you, you will like it.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 April 2017
enjoyed the staff and management hours were alright, but being 45 and working in the manufacturing and automotive trade wasn't for me. Part-time hours are good for kids going through school or someone who needs something to do is great.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
hours all over the place
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB24 April 2017
I loved working here, because my manager was very accommodating, as was the supervisor who made the schedule. She was very considerate when I needed time off or couldn't come into work for various reasons. All my coworkers were friendly and we all got along like a little work-family. I would definitely suggest working here.
Pros
Positive atmosphere
Cons
Open until midnight - late shifts
Fast paced
POST OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC24 April 2017
This position was extremely fast pace so excellent customer service and ability to deal with currency is necessary. Not recommended unless you have a strong work ethic.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Very Busy
Upbeat Team oriented environment
Merchandising/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
The management at shoppers drug mart made my experience very valuable. The team leader stressed the importance of working together and being kind to others. As well we were always properly instructed on how to do our job, deal with customers, and provide the right services.
Commission was not bad
p/t cosmetics (Former Employee) –  Westbank, BC24 April 2017
Lots of turnover, they promise hours, but they don't deliver...High expectations in terms of sales, and telemarketing. Overall is an ok place to work if you are willing to not let things get you, and just do your best!.
Pros
commission
Cons
slow, boring, bad management
Merchandiser/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Management was very understanding, didn't require you to over exert yourself at work. Learned to maintain a neat and organized workplace environment as well as attend to customers needs. Easily to lose track of time due to sufficient amount of job tasks.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unloading Shipment was fairly difficuly
Task-oriented job with unique management styles and good teamwork culture
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Shoppers Drugmart is a large, stable company with corporate structure. There are hierarchies that provide opportunity to move up, but it may take years to reach the position of Assistant Manager. The job is diverse enough to stay occupied for a full 8-hour shift, but the scheduling can sometimes be sporadic. It is very important to develop a strong working relationship with your associate-owner, front store manager and assistant managers, as they are available to assist you in learning new skills that lead to eventual promotion. My only complaint is that it takes a very long time to improve your wage, and wages are usually not increased based on merit.
If you are hard-working, a quick learner and willing to put in 5-10 years of labour, you can become very successful at Shoppers Drugmart.
Pros
Tight-knit group of colleagues and peers across the GTA, management rewards you for hard work and dedication
Cons
Repetitive, unfavourable hours, low-paying
I enjoyed it
Photo Lab Supervisor & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
I worked here when I was younger. Was a good place to work overall. Friendly people, management, was just a nice environment to work in!

Would definitely work here again if given the chance.
Fast paced environment and well-structured management
Cash Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
I appreciate that management are very diligent in keeping changes up to date. It makes representing the company and helping customers a much better experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix. Our community is ready to answer.

Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Reviews by Location