Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON5 May 2017
Worked here a few years ago when the store just opened. Was a fun place to work. Bust at the time especially with UFC and sporting events. Great people.
Where Sports Live
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 April 2017
One of the best restaurants I have ever worked at, the staff is awesome. the atmosphere is even better. they want to be the #1 sports destination if you can't be at the game.

one of my favourite things about working here was the menu. for a sports bar and grill they have some decent items other than wings and burgers like quinoa, stir-fry, a variety of pastas.

Shoeless Joe's also has incentive programs for both the FOH and HOH employees. one such program is the chef inspired challenge that they hold every year for all the cooks.
People
General/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON8 March 2017
Management was very in experienced and they have a lot to work on , food is always good kitchen manager is great and knows his stuff..

Staff are very young for the most part
Hostess
Hostess, greeting guests, escorting guests (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 March 2017
slow days, and not a lot of hours because location is never that busy. Overall, theeeee staff was really nice and the families that came in were very pleasant to serve
Productive and responsible in my work space
Dishwasher and Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  800 Main St E, Milton, ON L9T 0J420 December 2016
I have been working for the past 4 years. I have a lot experience and is able to adapt to the work space and their cultures. I have learned that in my time in the kitchen, is that always be quick and steady during busy nights, and also to help out other cooks if needed. The management at my previous work was indeed terrible, did not do anything that benefits the servers or the kitchen staff. The hardest part of my job is keep up the past during the busy nights of this restaurant, I have always been delayed by a couple of minutes and always needed help by other staff members. The most enjoyable part of my previous job is to interact with other staff members that you are working with day in and day out. Even after the shift is over, we would sit down at a table and talk about the day we had.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
service sometimes take too long
Shoeless Joe's
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2016
An excellent working environment for personal and professional growth. Extremely competent and professional team made it a pleasure to come to work; management and ownership are hands on without micro managing and always supportive; great potential fro growth and advancementt.
Excellent
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2016
The crew and management made the whole experience amazing. I learned many things about working in a kitchen. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the food, I love cooking.
Pros
Free refreshments
Don't do it!
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 February 2016
To work here is to to be lied to, manipulated and ultimatly fired. With no proof of employmemt, as they don't give you any. Many things they do here are extrememly illegal when running a buisness.
Pros
Free coffee and soda.
Cons
More than I can count.
Fun working Space, Lots of TV's for multiple sports games
Hostess & Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton Ontario23 August 2015
Shoeless Joes is a great place to work. Always busy during sports games. Great staff. Been working here for over two and a half years.
Pros
Turn over is great
Cons
Late hours
Good work Enviroment
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, On3 August 2014
I personally didn't like that fact that it was a restaurant where over 70% of their product came in a bag or a box. I don't think that that is considered cooking
Productive and fun working environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job would be interacting with many different individuals on a daily basis and creating a fun atmosphere. The management team is great, they are very considerate of the needs of their employees, as the employees and I reciprocate that consideration towards the needs of the company.