Shoeless Joe's Sports Grill Employee Reviews

Simple
Hostess (Former Employee) –  London13 February 2018
I worked as a hostess for about 3 months. The job was fairly easy and enjoyable. I was responsible for seating tables, as well as clearing them after the guests left. Everyone that worked there was friendly and easy to get along with.
Good work environment but lacked potential
Busboy/Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2018
it's a fun working environment
very team based place
its type of area you can listen to music at the same time your working as long as you do the duties that are required
like fore example prepping food for the line cooks or cleaning dishes bussing tables etc
Cons
Less hours
Restaurant work is not for everyone
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 February 2018
The restaurant was first opened by two men, uncle and nephew , who both believed in demeaning women, and only basing there work ethics solely on there looks. the younger manager would often ask us to rate the girls on 1-10 before going to take there resume. Completely disrespectful men who are now running a few more shoeless around here
great experience and meet new people
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 January 2018
Shoeless joes taught you a lot in such short time. Working taught you how to deal with a big rush meaning; on days where the was a big game going on(e.i. super bowl) a lot pf customers would show up. Also working there was more beneficial on the weekends
Pros
learned a lot about restaurants
Cons
hours were not frequent
Don't work here.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON23 January 2018
Manager is strict and expects too much work done in too little time with a staff that is too young to take responsibility. The idea os teamwork and fairness is lost at this place.
Cons
Split shifts, disrespect.
fun staff to work with
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Kemptville, ON19 January 2018
managers treat their employees very well, although there is occasionally scheduling issues with split shifts/wage increase. overall good place to work
Fun Workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 January 2018
This restaurant had its ups and downs while I was a part of their team. There was a lot of crew members who didn't get along, which made for a stressful work shift. During my brief time with this company I made life long friends.
Fun job
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
great job and great place to work. Great coworkers ad great management. Learning new things every day and learning a new way to work day to day. Serving is a great way to get experience with people.
Entertaining Place to work
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON29 December 2017
Having a family restaurant in a bar is an interesting idea. The booths in the dinning room have little tvs to entertain the kids or so Dad can watch the game while having dinner. The menu doesn't change enough and the drink choices are basic but tasty. They like to show the UFC fights and that can be a bit of a challenge.
Great co-workers
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 December 2017
Great job where I made a ton of lifetime friends. Learned a lot from a couple of the kitchen managers I had there. The management encouraged thinking outside the box , but at the same time we had a very strict prep procedure that needed to be followed.
Pros
free food, great people, fast paced environment
Cons
late hours, sometimes rowdy guests that need to be settled down
Not good hours,
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
it was ok work, ok co workers. should not hire for certain hours and then not schedule you for those hours. the tips were ok but management made you share your tips with the bartenders and not vise versa. definitely wouldn't recommend anyone that I know to work there
Good Company
BARTENDER/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 December 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for this company, great food and drinks. Loved working as a team and management always there to lend a helping hand!!
Fun work place, lots of new people, free food
Barback (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 December 2017
Get there make sure the Bar was stocked up and the bartender doesn't need anything, I would then organize the empty bottles and walk around and clear tables.

At shoeless joes I learned how to talk with people and how to efficient and productive. I also learned how to work under a A lot of pressure because it got really busy during sporting events.

Hardest part of the job; Big sporting nights
Most enjoyable part; interaction with people and free food
Pros
free dinner, beautiful girls
Cons
Some cases of bad managment
A regular kitchen
prep cook (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON4 December 2017
Practically the same as any fast food restaurant, the pay is pitiful they treat you like a slave and they expect way to much out of the workers, i would suggest if you have never had a job before to give it a try just to see what it's like to have a job but you can always do better
Pros
There isnt any
Cons
Pitiful pay
Poor management
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON23 November 2017
Poor management at Whitby Location
did not care for staff feelings, costumer experience (would comp many orders if messed up, but not take responsibility)
Cons
managers
Fun at times
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 October 2017
Flexible schedule and hours
As a host you feel you should be paid more
Fun because you get to interact with people and sort of feel like you're running the place in a way
fun place to work
Server, Bartender and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2017
Ive worked here almost a year I love the people and the atmosphere. The new menus is great too and bring a variety of people in as well. Always showing the pay per view UFC fights as well.
Was allowed to use my skills
Social Media Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2017
I was given a platform that allowed me to succeed. Being able to create unique, sales driven ideas and put them into action is part of a job that I love.
A business that only cares about money and abusing staff.
Server (Former Employee) –  Stockyards26 October 2017
Worked at Stockyards located at St. Clair and Gunns rd. The Franchise owner and General manager lack people skills and treated staff horribly. The GM has anger issues and abuses staff. The owner is clueless and has no idea how to run a business successfully. Do not work here unless you enjoy being treated poorly.
Cons
Terrible leadership
Great atmosphere overall
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Good environment to work with
Management knows what they are doing and are extremely helpful
Great food
Everyone works as a team
Food is usually cooked fast so complaints are rare.