Shoeless Joe's Kemptville
315 Colonnade Drive
Kemptville, ON, CA K0G 1J0
Job posting: KM
Shoeless Joes Sports Grill is focused on great food and great drinks with outstanding service. We are dedicated in hiring the best to be the best! Our Shoeless Joe’s Kemptville team is looking for a kitchen manager. (KM)
K.M - JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
The kitchen manager is responsible for the HOH (Heart of House) operations including, but not limited to: cooking, purchasing, storage, preparation; staff hiring and training; as well as sanitation. The ideal person needs to have 4-6 years of leadership experience in a similar role in a high volume and fast paced environment.
You are also required to have excellent communication skills & committed to:
1. Managing food and labour costs - (as per established targets) This requires daily observation of inventory levels, sales projections and waste. The kitchen manager is responsible for the weekly food and kitchen labour costs and is accountable for variances.
2. Managing exceptional food quality - The kitchen manager is responsible for monitor the portioning, food handling and plating by the cooks.The kitchen manager must also ensure prep staff and line cooks follow each recipe and presentation of food as detailed in the Shoeless Joe’s Line Execution Specifications Manual.
3. Managing sanitation standards - The kitchen manager is responsible for ensuring the kitchen is kept in a sanitary and orderly fashion. The kitchen manager must ensure kitchen staff continually clean and sanitize to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and guests.
4. Purchasing and Receiving - The inventory levels must be checked daily so that food supplies are in-house to meet the anticipated sales levels. Purchasing is done from authorized suppliers only. The kitchen manager is responsible receiving and inspecting all goods coming into the restaurant. The kitchen manager must ensure products that require refrigeration or freezing should be stored immediately. Smallwares & sundries must be inventoried weekly to avoid shortages & to allow time for ordering. Food inventory and food costs are the kitchen manager’s responsibilities.
5. Training and Motivation – It is vital that the KM is the leader of the Kitchen. This person needs to be an authority figure to all staff, not just the kitchen. The challenge in training is to identify & capitalize on the abilities brought from previous experience while imparting new knowledge & skills.
Salary and benefits are negotiable based on experience, and a bonus program will be available based on meeting agreed upon targets.
Work Permit Needed?
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Industry Categories :
Position Categories :
F&B - Kitchen Management