Shoe Warehouse Employee Reviews

Was an amazing company to be apart of
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 11, 2015
Shoe warehouse is an amazing company, the employees and management team are awesome people very caring and understanding. They treated there staff like family.
Sad to see the store close.
Pros
Shoonies (free money for shoes)
Cons
working alone
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
I learned a lot about the retail industry from the manager I had. I also became more knowledgeable about the shoe structures. It was fun to work with the people there.
fun place to be with fun people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 14, 2015
its a great place to work and the people who work there are great. Flexible hours. hours aren't always guaranteed, even if you are full time but the boss does her best.
good place to work, but dont offer many full time positions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2015
its a great place to work and you learn alot, but they only offer 4 full time positions (manager, senior assistant manager, assistant manager, stock)
Pros
pays above minimum wage
Cons
not alot of shifts available
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 18, 2015
When I worked for shoe warehouse it was a fun atmosphere, you could always rely on your fellow team members for help. this have changed now with 2 buy outs from other companies, the fun atmosphere is gone and the dress code is just not the same black on black makes me think I'm going to a funeral home. Staff are no longer helpful there, new manager is quite rude and yells at her staff in front of customers. I don't see this company lasting much longer.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
too many buyouts/merges
Productive and safe work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Shoe Warehouse is an outstanding workplace with lots of employee benefits and an idiot-proof hands on sales guide! Working here will open many doors for you in the sense that they train you to be a jack of all trades. From cash registers to floor cleaners to customer dialogue to sales strategies and everything in between - Shoe Warehouse trained me to be a very organized and time oriented worker.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 22, 2015
The Store manager is very nice, loving and caring.
I like working there and work with my coworkers
I love helping people and have a good customer service
A typical day at work
Sales Associate/Manager on duty (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at show warehouse consisted of opening the store. Then assisting customers with any type of problem or concern they may have. Ringing customers through till. Managing daily paperwork.I had great coworkers and we all got along fairly easily and assisted each other in daily activities. The hardest part of the job would be doing stock which came in irregular proportions. It worked out when we all worked together on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all types of customers and making their day.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
lots of stock
Enjoyable and great to customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC and Mission BCJanuary 9, 2015
The company has great morals and they're main goal is to please their customers. The days are ever changing as some are very busy and some are slow. I found the hardest part of the day was when we didn't have something in stock that the customer was looking for.
higher management is very disorganized
Senior assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky view, ABJanuary 8, 2015
my typical day is 8 to 10 hours, i manage whole floor and execute everything from sales to weekly planning. co workers are very co - operative and we play a as a team. the hardest part is things get pending as higher management sometimes does not provide enough support and most enjoyable part is my seeing my team daily. i feel happy with my all pt and ft associates.
Pros
good employee discount and very friendly environment with associates
Cons
poor higher management

Want to know more about Shoe Warehouse?

Ask a question
Productive fun workplace, with lots of great customer interactions on a daily basis.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MBDecember 20, 2014
A regular shift would include:
-Greeting customers and making them the number 1 priority
-Cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming the store
-Ringing through sales and handling cash
-Tagging merchandise, and moving it around the store
-Stocking shelves and arranging displays
-Helping to close the store at the end of the day

I learned great customer service and patience. As well as great sales and communication skills.

My management was great, very understanding and easy to get along with. Same goes for my co-workers it a very friendly enjoyable work environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stay patient and friendly to really frustrating rude customers.

The most enjoyable was when really friendly customers came to the store and i was able to help them fast and efficiently.
Pros
rewards for good sales performance
Cons
not many hours
fun work environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  surrey, B.C.December 10, 2014
I love working at shoe warehouse, being around customers and assisting them with purchases or trying shoes on.The co-workers including management is awesome and the company is overall wonderful as well.
When the store was closing we got a new assistant manager and he wasn't very good at his job nor was he nice but everyone else were awesome to work wi
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 5, 2014
A typical day had a rush of customers as work would end but with a fairly steady stream of customers through out the rest of the day.
I learned customer service techniques and the basics of how to use a cash register.
Management was good until a bit before the store closed when we got an assistant manager from another store to take over our managers position.
I liked all of my co-workers except for the new assistant manager we got he wasn't very nice or good at his job.
The hardest part of the job was during the holiday season when we had major rushes of customers for hours at a time.
I really enjoyed working with three of my co-workers they were very friendly and were always there when i needed help or had a question.
It's such a fun workplace and less stress
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCSeptember 2, 2014
I like working with my coworkers, they are so nice.
I like my managers and my store manager as well.
Less stress for me than working at mcdonalds and not overwhelming.
Pros
shoenies
Cons
few hours
A learning experience
SALES REP. AND KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2014
Hours were limited so a typical shift would be about 3 - 6 hours long. I'd come into the store, tidy up the shelves, give my co-workers their breaks, put security tags on the merchandise and assist customers.

My co-workers were a colourful bunch of people that I never expected to meet. They each taught me something interesting or valuable outside of the product knowledge. Management was laid back but helpful.

I learned a lot here, it was my first retail job and I think I really needed the experience. There were many different types of people that were involved with this Shoe Warehouse location and I'd definitely say they were the hardest part of the job. There were many people who didn't speak english and I had to communicate with gestures and charades many times to try and figure out what they wanted or needed.

The most enjoyable part I think were the things I was learning. I learned the store's paperwork routine, their opening and closing duties, and how to be in charge of locking up a store. It was nice to feel that kind of trust.
Pros
relaxed employer
Cons
few hours
great work environment
Sales Associate/Assistant manager/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee) –  campbell riverApril 10, 2014
i love working there it was fun talking to the customers and always getting to put out the new stock
Great manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North VancouverMarch 12, 2014
Manager was great. A typical day included stocking the new shoes, tidying up areas that were out of order, planning with the manager for reorganizing sections, and serving customers.
Busy and Fun Job at Store Level
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
It was definitely a fun place to work in, there was always something to do with a lot of great people. The only hard part was making sure everything got done in time due to the fact our store was short staffed. The only bad part about this company is the lack of respect by head office. They refused to put many workers to full time status, even though they were working full time hours. They were very slow and bad with communicating with the associates. And some workers from head office were really rude when it came to workers, making us keep workers that were constantly skipping shifts, yet penalizing the workers who would actually do there job
Pros
always having something to do, not boring at all, fun work environment, fun coworkers
Cons
head office
Fun place too work, nice perks for staff
Senior Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 9, 2014
Fun place too work at, been there for a little over 3 years now, great employee incentive, you can meet a lot of really nice people, some who become good friends.
Pros
awesome incentives
Cons
don't promote within the company
Excellent Management.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2014
The management was great. They overlooked my inexperience and helped teach me everything there was to know. They were patient and very approachable.
My co-workers were great. They made the store very friendly and filled with great energy.
I loved working there. I loved being able to help customers find the shoes that they needed. It was great when I could convince them in to buying a pair of shoes they were indecisive about as well.