Shoe Warehouse

Shoe Warehouse Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great work environment
Sales Associate/Assistant manager/Shipper Receiver (Former Employee), campbell riverApril 10, 2014
i love working there it was fun talking to the customers and always getting to put out the new stock
Great manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee), North VancouverMarch 12, 2014
Manager was great. A typical day included stocking the new shoes, tidying up areas that were out of order, planning with the manager for reorganizing sections, and serving customers.
Busy and Fun Job at Store Level
Key Holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: always having something to do, not boring at all, fun work environment, fun coworkers
Cons: head office
It was definitely a fun place to work in, there was always something to do with a lot of great people. The only hard part was making sure everything got done in time due to the fact our store was short staffed. The only bad part about this company is the lack of respect by head office. They refused to put many workers to full time status, even though – more... they were working full time hours. They were very slow and bad with communicating with the associates. And some workers from head office were really rude when it came to workers, making us keep workers that were constantly skipping shifts, yet penalizing the workers who would actually do there job – less
Fun place too work, nice perks for staff
Senior Key Holder (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: awesome incentives
Cons: don't promote within the company
Fun place too work at, been there for a little over 3 years now, great employee incentive, you can meet a lot of really nice people, some who become good friends.
Excellent Management.
Key Holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 5, 2014
The management was great. They overlooked my inexperience and helped teach me everything there was to know. They were patient and very approachable.
My co-workers were great. They made the store very friendly and filled with great energy.
I loved working there. I loved being able to help customers find the shoes that they needed. It was great when I – more... could convince them in to buying a pair of shoes they were indecisive about as well. – less
fun place to work
Part time Sales Associate/ Junior Key Holder (Current Employee), surrey centralJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: discount on shoes
I love my job! Ive been working with the company for a year and half now I love the management and the people I work with.
first job doing nothing
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
show up, ring in sails and close up
management was very easygoing, co-workers were also easygoing, nothing hard about the job at all, everything was enjoyable overall
needs more reliable staff and management
keyholder (Former Employee), bellevilleJune 11, 2013
Worked there for almost 5 yrs had personal belongings stolen from asecure room where only few employees had keys. Was fired immediately after reporting to police and security. My collegues which I had helped on many occassions and covered their workload as well as mine were the cause of me being let go with no just cauae. Not well managed and no supervision – more... of staff. Poor quality salesmanship when my former regular customers are calling and complaining about waiting half hour with no service and I dont even work there anymore so not my issue. – less
busy - bad management
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 23, 2013
this was my first retail job - as you can imagine wasn't the best but i learnt from the mistakes i made & grew from it!

Very demanding but unfulfilling - very bad management & organizational strategies, amazing co-workers!
fun place to work
Third Key Holder/ Sales associate (Former Employee), VancouverMarch 15, 2013
Pros: learned alot about people
Cons: not much advncement opportunity at the time
I enjoyed working here, I like fashion so it was nice to help people walk out with a great product that made them feel good about themselves.
unknown
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 11, 2013
This job was one of the easiest I've had. Would spend most days hidden in the back room dealing with new incoming stock. Was expecting to learn all trades of a sales associates job. Was left wanting. Wasn't given any chance to prove skills I have towards being friendly and helpful with customers. After a few months Manager took my shifts to work herself. – more... Had to leave to get another job so I could afford rent. – less
My last job
Sales Representative (Key Holder) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: commission
Cons: low pay
During a typical day, I would help customers on an on-going basis, and during quiet times, I would either remerchandise, price markdowns, clean, accept stock, manage paperwork, call different stores for shoe checks, add new product to the floor, and either open the store on a day shift, or close and balance till on an evening shift.

I enjoyed working – more... with most of my co-workers, which is why I worked there for so long, and because I love dealing with the public.

The hardest part of the job was trying to fit in new product when there was no floor space left in the store. – less
Learning experiences
Stock Person (Former Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 24, 2012
- Stock
- Sizing
- Pricing
- Cashier
- Interesting encounters with different customers
- Management was difficult
Learn excellent customer services
Sales Person (Former Employee), Regina, SKAugust 12, 2012
I leaned many things like sales products, excellent customer services, work of cashier, work in a fast-paced & in team work, keep organized and maintained store, solve customer issues, closing at the end of thd day etc.
Excellent Workplace
SALESMAN (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2013
A day at work was very busy. I worked during the holidays so we were always busy. I enjoyed it because I like always having something to do. Management and co-workers were fine to get alone with as well. I enjoyed working with customers and seeing them leave happy.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Orange, NJDecember 19, 2012
This place help me expand in the world of customer service. Great experiences.
productive and skillful
Quality supervisor/ Manager (Current Employee), UgandaSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: free accomodation
Cons: long hours sometimes from morning up to past mid night.
The job was practical which helped me to acquire more skills as far as management is concerned, however it became challenging when most of the casual workers were not educated.
Salary is inadequate and there is over exploitation of workers.
In times of sorrows, this company really gives a great hand.
enjoyable work place
store manager (Former Employee), 7619 W. Clinton aveNovember 21, 2011
i really enjoyed working for the shoewarehouse,meeting different people,and helping customer what they needed

About Shoe Warehouse

Founded in 1985, Warehouse Shoe Sale (WSS) identified a retail opportunity in underserved inner-city communities, and developed – Read more