Shoe Warehouse Employee Reviews

overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 December 2016
A typical day is organizing shoes on the shelf. I learned more about shoes and their different purposes. Management was okay, they didn't cater to any of our needs. The staff was good to work with. The hardest part of the job is trying to understand all the customers needs and find a suitable shoe that they actually like. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with everyone.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
people dont always find what they want
productive, and fun place to work at.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 October 2016
The company is amazing, and they really care about ensuring that the employees are trained well, so that they will be able to provide a customer with whatever information is needed. there is a lot of opportunity to transfer to other stores and other companies that belong to the same banner as the Shoe Warehouse, so there is a lot of security in the job.
It is a challenging environment for a part timer because a lot of product knowledge is required, regardless of how often you are there, and you are required to complete training on your own time before first second and third shifts.
Management is pretty easy going, and the Shoe warehouse is a relaxed environment, however, the Shoe Warehouse is the least recognized company part of the Town Shoes banner, so a lot of attention went to the bigger companies before it's focused on the Shoe Warehouse.
If you're into fashion and new trends, especially in shoes, the Shoe Warehouse is a great place to work, because you're constantly being introduced to what's new in the fashion industry, and receiving education on brands and products.
Pros
good discounts on all stores apart of town shoes banner, employee appreciation, customer feedback
Cons
sometimes slightly unproffesional, not always able to accomidate the time off you need
better jobs out there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2017
Didn't enjoy working here. My hard work was never noticed and I got in trouble for things that weren't apart of my job description or things I had no control over. Very gossip filled environment.
Pros
Can get next to free shoes
Cons
work your butt off and they only notice the stuff that didn't get done
great place to work if your are a leader
Assistant Manager now part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  deer foot mall3 April 2016
great place to work.
need to be professional. need to have good time managment in order to balance work/social life.
good support
Pros
salary, peoples, benefits, good hours
Fun, fast-paced and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 May 2016
Helped customers find sizes, assisted them in finding the right shoes for certain activities. Processed transactions including sales, returns, exchanges, and web orders smoothly and efficiently. Managers are trained very well for the most part, and the co-workers were fantastic to be around. Hardest part of the job was maintaining the store on busy days, as it's very large and there's lots of different product. Best part about the job was the incentives that you got from the company for going above and beyond.
Worked with shoes and shoe products
Merchandiser / Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2016
Organized environment with fun people to work with. Worked according to duties that were expected of me. I learned how to work with people and co workers as a team.
Undecided
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 May 2016
It had its good days and bad, just like any other job. Some incredible people, and some people I never want to see again. The job can definitely be stressful at times considering we had so much to do all the time, but in the end I made some wonderful friends. It was just time to go.
Pros
You would never stop moving
Cons
Stressful
Lost hours and lost credibility with mangement
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2016
It hurts when putting everything in the company you put a lot of hours too, forgotten and kind of gave up everything that you put towards. It was more harder to see my hours get cut in front of me and promised positions that i never actually received.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hours, Management, Equality
Diverse customer service
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 July 2016
no two days are the same. You never know what awaits you when you start. customer are great as well as the staff. great selection of product. reasonable prices for the quality of product.
When the store was closing we got a new assistant manager and he wasn't very good at his job nor was he nice but everyone else were awesome to work wi
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 December 2014
A typical day had a rush of customers as work would end but with a fairly steady stream of customers through out the rest of the day.
I learned customer service techniques and the basics of how to use a cash register.
Management was good until a bit before the store closed when we got an assistant manager from another store to take over our managers position.
I liked all of my co-workers except for the new assistant manager we got he wasn't very nice or good at his job.
The hardest part of the job was during the holiday season when we had major rushes of customers for hours at a time.
I really enjoyed working with three of my co-workers they were very friendly and were always there when i needed help or had a question.
Productive fun workplace, with lots of great customer interactions on a daily basis.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB20 December 2014
A regular shift would include:
-Greeting customers and making them the number 1 priority
-Cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming the store
-Ringing through sales and handling cash
-Tagging merchandise, and moving it around the store
-Stocking shelves and arranging displays
-Helping to close the store at the end of the day

I learned great customer service and patience. As well as great sales and communication skills.

My management was great, very understanding and easy to get along with. Same goes for my co-workers it a very friendly enjoyable work environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stay patient and friendly to really frustrating rude customers.

The most enjoyable was when really friendly customers came to the store and i was able to help them fast and efficiently.
Pros
Rewards for good sales performance
Cons
Not many hours
Was an amazing company to be apart of
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 November 2015
Shoe warehouse is an amazing company, the employees and management team are awesome people very caring and understanding. They treated there staff like family.
Sad to see the store close.
Pros
Shoonies (free money for shoes)
Cons
working alone
A learning experience
SALES REP. AND KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2014
Hours were limited so a typical shift would be about 3 - 6 hours long. I'd come into the store, tidy up the shelves, give my co-workers their breaks, put security tags on the merchandise and assist customers.

My co-workers were a colourful bunch of people that I never expected to meet. They each taught me something interesting or valuable outside of the product knowledge. Management was laid back but helpful.

I learned a lot here, it was my first retail job and I think I really needed the experience. There were many different types of people that were involved with this Shoe Warehouse location and I'd definitely say they were the hardest part of the job. There were many people who didn't speak english and I had to communicate with gestures and charades many times to try and figure out what they wanted or needed.

The most enjoyable part I think were the things I was learning. I learned the store's paperwork routine, their opening and closing duties, and how to be in charge of locking up a store. It was nice to feel that kind of trust.
Pros
Relaxed employer
Cons
few hours
higher management is very disorganized
Senior assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky view, AB8 January 2015
my typical day is 8 to 10 hours, i manage whole floor and execute everything from sales to weekly planning. co workers are very co - operative and we play a as a team. the hardest part is things get pending as higher management sometimes does not provide enough support and most enjoyable part is my seeing my team daily. i feel happy with my all pt and ft associates.
Pros
good employee discount and very friendly environment with associates
Cons
poor higher management
needs more reliable staff and management
keyholder (Former Employee) –  belleville11 June 2013
Worked there for almost 5 yrs had personal belongings stolen from asecure room where only few employees had keys. Was fired immediately after reporting to police and security. My collegues which I had helped on many occassions and covered their workload as well as mine were the cause of me being let go with no just cauae. Not well managed and no supervision of staff. Poor quality salesmanship when my former regular customers are calling and complaining about waiting half hour with no service and I dont even work there anymore so not my issue.
Productive and safe work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2015
Shoe Warehouse is an outstanding workplace with lots of employee benefits and an idiot-proof hands on sales guide! Working here will open many doors for you in the sense that they train you to be a jack of all trades. From cash registers to floor cleaners to customer dialogue to sales strategies and everything in between - Shoe Warehouse trained me to be a very organized and time oriented worker.
Excellent Management.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2014
The management was great. They overlooked my inexperience and helped teach me everything there was to know. They were patient and very approachable.
My co-workers were great. They made the store very friendly and filled with great energy.
I loved working there. I loved being able to help customers find the shoes that they needed. It was great when I could convince them in to buying a pair of shoes they were indecisive about as well.
Good, Frienly Atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2015
There is a fair amount of work to complete, but the service model is excellent. Their choices in District Managers are questionable but it is a faily good place to work.
Busy and Fun Job at Store Level
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2014
It was definitely a fun place to work in, there was always something to do with a lot of great people. The only hard part was making sure everything got done in time due to the fact our store was short staffed. The only bad part about this company is the lack of respect by head office. They refused to put many workers to full time status, even though they were working full time hours. They were very slow and bad with communicating with the associates. And some workers from head office were really rude when it came to workers, making us keep workers that were constantly skipping shifts, yet penalizing the workers who would actually do there job
Pros
Always having something to do, Not boring at all, fun work environment, fun coworkers
Cons
head office
first job doing nothing
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2013
show up, ring in sails and close up
management was very easygoing, co-workers were also easygoing, nothing hard about the job at all, everything was enjoyable overall
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing