Shoe Warehouse Employee Reviews

Diverse customer service
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BCJuly 7, 2016
no two days are the same. You never know what awaits you when you start. customer are great as well as the staff. great selection of product. reasonable prices for the quality of product.
Undecided
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCMay 27, 2016
It had its good days and bad, just like any other job. Some incredible people, and some people I never want to see again. The job can definitely be stressful at times considering we had so much to do all the time, but in the end I made some wonderful friends. It was just time to go.
Pros
You would never stop moving
Cons
Stressful
Fun, fast-paced and energetic place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 10, 2016
Helped customers find sizes, assisted them in finding the right shoes for certain activities. Processed transactions including sales, returns, exchanges, and web orders smoothly and efficiently. Managers are trained very well for the most part, and the co-workers were fantastic to be around. Hardest part of the job was maintaining the store on busy days, as it's very large and there's lots of different product. Best part about the job was the incentives that you got from the company for going above and beyond.
great place to work if your are a leader
Assistant Manager now part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  deer foot mallApril 3, 2016
great place to work.
need to be professional. need to have good time managment in order to balance work/social life.
good support
Pros
salary, peoples, benefits, good hours
Lost hours and lost credibility with mangement
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2016
It hurts when putting everything in the company you put a lot of hours too, forgotten and kind of gave up everything that you put towards. It was more harder to see my hours get cut in front of me and promised positions that i never actually received.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hours, Management, Equality
Good, Frienly Atmosphere
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 3, 2015
There is a fair amount of work to complete, but the service model is excellent. Their choices in District Managers are questionable but it is a faily good place to work.
Was an amazing company to be apart of
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 11, 2015
Shoe warehouse is an amazing company, the employees and management team are awesome people very caring and understanding. They treated there staff like family.
Sad to see the store close.
Pros
Shoonies (free money for shoes)
Cons
working alone
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2015
I learned a lot about the retail industry from the manager I had. I also became more knowledgeable about the shoe structures. It was fun to work with the people there.
fun place to be with fun people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 14, 2015
its a great place to work and the people who work there are great. Flexible hours. hours aren't always guaranteed, even if you are full time but the boss does her best.
good place to work, but dont offer many full time positions
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2015
its a great place to work and you learn alot, but they only offer 4 full time positions (manager, senior assistant manager, assistant manager, stock)
Pros
pays above minimum wage
Cons
not alot of shifts available
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 18, 2015
When I worked for shoe warehouse it was a fun atmosphere, you could always rely on your fellow team members for help. this have changed now with 2 buy outs from other companies, the fun atmosphere is gone and the dress code is just not the same black on black makes me think I'm going to a funeral home. Staff are no longer helpful there, new manager is quite rude and yells at her staff in front of customers. I don't see this company lasting much longer.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
too many buyouts/merges
Productive and safe work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Shoe Warehouse is an outstanding workplace with lots of employee benefits and an idiot-proof hands on sales guide! Working here will open many doors for you in the sense that they train you to be a jack of all trades. From cash registers to floor cleaners to customer dialogue to sales strategies and everything in between - Shoe Warehouse trained me to be a very organized and time oriented worker.
fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 22, 2015
The Store manager is very nice, loving and caring.
I like working there and work with my coworkers
I love helping people and have a good customer service
A typical day at work
Sales Associate/Manager on duty (Former Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at show warehouse consisted of opening the store. Then assisting customers with any type of problem or concern they may have. Ringing customers through till. Managing daily paperwork.I had great coworkers and we all got along fairly easily and assisted each other in daily activities. The hardest part of the job would be doing stock which came in irregular proportions. It worked out when we all worked together on it. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all types of customers and making their day.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
lots of stock
Enjoyable and great to customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC and Mission BCJanuary 9, 2015
The company has great morals and they're main goal is to please their customers. The days are ever changing as some are very busy and some are slow. I found the hardest part of the day was when we didn't have something in stock that the customer was looking for.
higher management is very disorganized
Senior assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky view, ABJanuary 8, 2015
my typical day is 8 to 10 hours, i manage whole floor and execute everything from sales to weekly planning. co workers are very co - operative and we play a as a team. the hardest part is things get pending as higher management sometimes does not provide enough support and most enjoyable part is my seeing my team daily. i feel happy with my all pt and ft associates.
Pros
good employee discount and very friendly environment with associates
Cons
poor higher management
Productive fun workplace, with lots of great customer interactions on a daily basis.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MBDecember 20, 2014
A regular shift would include:
-Greeting customers and making them the number 1 priority
-Cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming the store
-Ringing through sales and handling cash
-Tagging merchandise, and moving it around the store
-Stocking shelves and arranging displays
-Helping to close the store at the end of the day

I learned great customer service and patience. As well as great sales and communication skills.

My management was great, very understanding and easy to get along with. Same goes for my co-workers it a very friendly enjoyable work environment.

The hardest part of the job was trying to stay patient and friendly to really frustrating rude customers.

The most enjoyable was when really friendly customers came to the store and i was able to help them fast and efficiently.
Pros
rewards for good sales performance
Cons
not many hours
fun work environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  surrey, B.C.December 10, 2014
I love working at shoe warehouse, being around customers and assisting them with purchases or trying shoes on.The co-workers including management is awesome and the company is overall wonderful as well.
When the store was closing we got a new assistant manager and he wasn't very good at his job nor was he nice but everyone else were awesome to work wi
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 5, 2014
A typical day had a rush of customers as work would end but with a fairly steady stream of customers through out the rest of the day.
I learned customer service techniques and the basics of how to use a cash register.
Management was good until a bit before the store closed when we got an assistant manager from another store to take over our managers position.
I liked all of my co-workers except for the new assistant manager we got he wasn't very nice or good at his job.
The hardest part of the job was during the holiday season when we had major rushes of customers for hours at a time.
I really enjoyed working with three of my co-workers they were very friendly and were always there when i needed help or had a question.
It's such a fun workplace and less stress
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BCSeptember 2, 2014
I like working with my coworkers, they are so nice.
I like my managers and my store manager as well.
Less stress for me than working at mcdonalds and not overwhelming.
Pros
shoenies
Cons
few hours