Shire

Shire Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
incredible products and co workers
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee), Missouri and KansasFebruary 24, 2014
excellent compensation, products, management and co workers. lack of job security, as my division has just been sold off
Was a great company
Program/Project Manager (Current Employee), La jolla, CAFebruary 23, 2014
Was a great company to work at until the sell off of the Regenerative Medicine division.
Good natured people with ambitions
Process Development Engineer (Current Employee), Lexington, MAFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work usually consists of lab work, various tasks related to report generation and study design.
Great Place to Work, Great Benefits and People
Reimbursement Hotline Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I started with Advanced Bio Healing which was bought out by Shire on the first week I started. The difference in people and culture made ABH/Shire the greatest place i've worked so far. Although we have been sold by Shire, we have been treated more then fair. I would reccomend Shire as a place of employment.
Goal/sustainability
Stability Assistant (Current Employee), Wayne, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: goal oriented company, patient first which is the best part of the company.
Cons: top heavy with management levels.
Working for Shire has been an overall outstanding company to work for, there has been management change and down sizing to change to atmosphere and overall look of the company.
Senior Reimbursement Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2014
- Fun place to work
- Great benefits
- Schedule is very flexible
Innovated, driven, and fun workplace with great people and motivated work ethic
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: the people and potlucks
Cons: management not as transparent as i would have liked
This was an amazing place to work, unfortunately a company buy out of the regenerative medicine unit lead to some company lay offs. However, this still hasnt decreased the outgoing spirit of the professionals that work here and every day was exciting. I was trained vigorously and prompted to, "Get to it!"
Productive and Professional Work Place
Senior Analyst, Quality (Current Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 26, 2014
Productive and Professional Work Place, Good place to work
Got GI experience.
Executive Sales Representative, GI Sales (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: gi experience.
Cons: no pipeline.
Established GI relationships which would help in subsequent jobs.
Fast Growing Pharma company
Financial Analyst II (Current Employee), Nyon, VDJanuary 12, 2014
Very good job work/life balance with excellent benefits.

The company has strong vision for the future with interesting products to be launched in the future.

The work environment is very friendly but the job security is not the first priority of the top management since the history of the company is made of mergers/ acquisitions and rumours about – more... potential spin-off. – less
Good Place
Histotechnologist (Former Employee), Lexington, MANovember 27, 2013
The shire brave culture is influential throughout everyones daily lives and it really fosters a great culture to be in
A great place with great benefits but needs work
Facilities (Former Employee), Lexington, MANovember 18, 2013
Pros: benefits, tries to maintain work/life balance
Cons: management, steady departure of personnel, still in transition
It is an excellent place to work and it offers great benefits to employees. It is actually in a transition phase from a small company acquired by a bigger company (Shire). Management is the biggest complaint that you hear from other employees.
Nice people
Computer Systems Validation Lead (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 25, 2013
Good culture. People are working on rare diseases. Lots of diversity too,
CEO was sacked Councillers were stood down unstable environment,Management fighting
Title Road Construction Officer (Current Employee), WAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: accomodation, camp allowance
Cons: long hours
My Day - Prestart Machines refuel if needed.measure road and peg out future road to be formed.Work on reshaping road. What I have learned - Working in a team environment.
Management - Infighting,Loyalty and longevity important to me.
My Co Workers - Fantastic Crew. All Get Along Well.Losing colleagues due to unstabilty.I will miss them.
Hardest Part – more... Of My Job - The shires lack of ability to retain good workers.
Enjoyable part of my work - Multiple projects,different locations.Expanding my skills.Learning new machines. – less
Lied to and minipulated
Facilities Shift Mechanic (Former Employee), Lexington, MAOctober 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unreliable management
I worked for shire for six years and was present during there tradition from tkt Cambridge management and supervion are corrupt greedy and will do what they have to when hiding the truth I was a facilities tech and can tell you I have witnessed the corruption first hand
Zero work-life balance!
Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, MASeptember 8, 2013
Most people are helpful and there is lot of team spirit but extremely bureaucratic place.
Room for Growth and Learning
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 30, 2013
Im enjoying this experience very much and i feel like i have learned a lot and have been able to apply my knowledge in all different fields of my project. The only disadvantage is that is a temporary contract.
Great Management
Senior Clinical Data Specialist (Current Employee), Lexington, MAAugust 19, 2013
This is a great place to work and the managers are super supportive.
Great work environment.
Compliance Associate II (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDJuly 31, 2013
An innovating an environment. Self respect and trust were key instruments. A career building environment with adequate training in achieving both the company's goal and the individual. Provided me the opportunity to acquire my over seven years pharmaceutical working experience, from operations through quality.
My position with Shire Pharamcuetical was only as a short term contractor. I succeeded in organizing and recording the necessary documents for them.
QC Record Retention Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJuly 29, 2013
Pros: good company, and business partner.
Cons: i did not work directly for them, therefore, i cannot answer this question.
My work for Shire Pharamceutical was only on a contract basis, and only for about 3 mos. I helped them prepare for FDA inspection with regards to their training records. With my assistance, they passed their inspection with flying colors.

About Shire

Shire plc (Shire) is a specialty biopharmaceutical company that focuses on meeting the needs of the specialist physician. Shire – Read more

Shire Photos