If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to expand your teaching experience; consider joining our Shipconstructor team. A career with ShipConstructor Software Inc. will give you the opportunity to work with the industry leading, shipbuilding software; travel throughout the world; meet new people; and help customers on a variety of high profile marine projects. These exciting projects include the state-of-the art Littoral Combat Ship, the largest ever built tanker converted to an FSO, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The challenging nature of the work, combined with the ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world, make a career at SSI a rewarding experience. This is a great opportunity to drive leading edge, 3D design software to new levels while exercising your passion of sharing your knowledge with others. The work will involve management and execution of all aspects of SSI's training related business as well as training of naval architects, ship designers and production detailers at all levels of the shipbuilding and design process on the use and functionality of the various modules of ShipConstructor software.
- Manage all client training related aspects of SSI's business including course planning and scheduling, client communications and SSI training strategy
- Develop new training revenue streams and business models
- Determine and set training policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain physical and e-training curriculums and resources
- Conduct required training classes as scheduled, including evening and weekend courses
- Conduct on-site training at customer's facilities where requested
- Provide after training support for users at all levels of expertise
- Work with Global sales channel to standardize training
- Work with Marketing to determine messaging and collateral around training offerings
- Provide feedback to the marketing team regarding customer comments and perspectives
- Maintain proficiency on new functionality and methodology for ShipConstructor
- Work with Product Development team to define workflow and key areas where the training material needs to cover
- Work with Product Development team to maintain relevance of client training material with new features and improvements
- Provide feedback to the development team regarding software issues and requests from clients
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in management at a departmental level
- Experience in the development and execution of software training
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work well as a team member
- U.S. citizenship is an asset
- A certificate, degree or equivalent work experience in adult education is an asset
- Willingness to travel and work flexible hours is required
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD/CAM tools
- Experience or knowledge of ShipConstructor is a definite asset
- Relocation to Victoria, BC, plus valid Canadian work permit is required
ShipConstructor offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience, a full benefit package and profit sharing program.
All interested candidates should apply with a cover letter indicating the position you are applying for and your salary expectation.
ShipConstructor would like to thank all applicants who apply and respectfully inform you that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are a growing company strategically positioned to expand our world market in the 3D modeling and CAD field. The Shipbuilding industry is...