SHIFT Energy Inc. (www.shiftenergy.com) is a dynamic company providing innovative energy management solutions across a wide range of customers in Canada.
SHIFT Energy provides energy management solutions to commercial, institutional, and industrial customers across Canada. As our business expands, we require an intermediate Java developer to work with our development team.
Skills and Capabilities
- Designs and develop software applications
- Ensures conceptual integrity by following overall system architecture
- Follows adopted design/development methodologies, patterns and tool sets
- Ensures a quality outcome by developing effective quality assurance tests
- Completes application development on-time by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities
- Active team player with good communication skills contributing to team success
- Ensures code maintainability by developing clear, concise system documentation
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years in developing Java applications
- Analytical and problem solving capability
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Good level of understanding and practical application experience of various JEE frameworks such as Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Web Services, XML
- Solid understanding and practical experience with Relational Databases such as Postgres
- Solid understanding and hands-on knowledge of Glassfish and/or other application servers.
- Hands-on experience with utility tools such as Netbeans, Jenkins, Maven and Subversion
- Experience with various linux operating systems such as CentOS and Ubuntu
- Knowledge and/or experience with BACnet, Modbus and other building control systems would be an added benefit.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Indeed - 8 months ago
SHIFT Energy provides technology solutions and services to companies around the world to manage their energy consumption - reducing their...