SHIFT Energy Inc. (www.shiftenergy.com) is a dynamic company providing innovative energy management solutions across a wide range of customers in Canada.
SHIFT Energy provides energy management solutions to commercial, institutional, and industrial customers across Canada. As our business expands, we require a DBA / Senior database designer to join our team.
Skills and Capabilities
- Work with the lead architect and team to Design, develop and implement a database system based on customer requirements.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency
- Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems
- Develop database tables and dictionaries.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis.
- Test databases and perform bug fixes.
- Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of full life-cycle database development experience required
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases including Postgres.
- Knowledge and experience with JEE persistence frameworks such as JPA and Hibernate.
- Experience with various Linux operating systems such as CentOS and Ubuntu
- UNIX/Linux shell scripting knowledge is required
- Must have strong technical skills, problem solving skills, communication skills, and leadership skills
- Source control experience with Subversion.
- Analytical and problem solving capability
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of XML and JSON technologies.
- Knowledge and/or experience with BACnet, Modbus and other building controls systems would be a definite bonus.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.