SHI International Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company culture
Senior Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2015
Learned a lot about the IT Industry and made strong connections. The management is really supportive and if you work hard you will see the benefits.
Pros
free lunches, young people
Cons
cold calling
It has a gym
Returns Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 14, 2016
My job is an easy job with some challenges. I have learned a lot from my fellow co-workers, whom are also great people to work with. Unfortunately, the management needs improving, and re-evaluation as well. The hardest part of my job is explaining policies within our department, then ending with miscommunication between other departments due to lack of training. Over all, this is not a bad company and there is space to grow.
Pros
Free gym in the company, discounts to many other companies, company parties, employee appreciation.
Cons
Lack of training, and lack of professionalism within the work environment.
Good first job
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 25, 2015
good learning experience in a professional environment, but job advancement is only lateral and salary is not BOE when hired. everyone starts out the same
Pros
free lunches and breakfasts once in awhile, gym
Cons
zero company culture
Young company culture
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2016
It's a very young enthusiastic work culture. It does entail a lot of cold calling which can be difficult at times but there is always somewhere there to coach you through things. The base salary is livable off of but not assuring for the long term. They cater lunch around three times a week and host a lot of happy hours and understand the work/life balance pretty well. It's a good transition job from college to the real world but not a place that a lot of people make long term careers at.
Pros
Free lunches, 16 PTO days
Cons
Low base, Constant cold calling
a productive and relaxed workplace that continues to grow and gives opportunties internally for growthto
Lead Configuration Technician/Server Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 1, 2016
Software House International(SHI) is a rising, independent company that continues to grow. There's lots of opportunity to grow within the company, and several positions ranging from the technical to sales. There's great benefits and bonuses that can be obtained, and a very balanced work environment overall.
Pros
a very nice facility with people that make you feel comfortable
Cons
closing during bad weather conditions are limited
Hit or Miss
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ausitn texasAugust 15, 2016
I learned a lot. Not all of this experience was bad.

When I first started, I was in a training class of 25. I was the 6th last, to leave.

I was very close to becoming very successful.

Went from 300 reps to about 750. This showed incompetence in the leadership at SHI.

I had 1 manager for a year = LOVED IT

switched 2 more times in 3 months = HATED IT. Basically had to start all the way over.

They play favorites. If you can be one of those, then it's smooth sailing.
Great Company, Great Culture
IT (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 22, 2015
SHI is a great company and a leader in IT. The culture here at SHI makes the typical workday very enjoyable. Management cares about the employees. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants a secure job in the IT field.
Good First Job
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 16, 2016
Solid pay a recent graduate from some sort of university or college. 5 weeks of paid training.Regular 9-5. A Lot information and pretty fast paced. Easily weeds people out that aren't sales driven. Revolving door employment. Competitive environment. Hardest part is dealing with rejection and not seeing any benefits for a LONG time.
Pros
1K bonus after 6 months and free lunch on occaions
Cons
rarely commission a until a year mark
Good first job then get out
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2016
Not what I expected coming into this job. The atmosphere is young. Free lunches. But management is not good and there is not much room to advance. They just restructured the entire job to territory sales and a minimum of 1 year in the role before consideration to move elsewhere.
Pros
free food
Cons
terrible management
Productive and fun work environement with a pingpong table
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset NJOctober 11, 2015
This is a great starter job, but after a while the tedium gets to be a bit much. The culture is a bit too casual for my taste, but the vibe around the office is very friendly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Compensation, low standards of employement
Fast Pace, Energetic, Work place - Support Lacking
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2016
SHI is a place that appeals to the softer needs in a job. Culture, throughout, from upper management down is very fun and easy going. This almost looks like coupled with the free meals and social events as though they need to cover up and compensate for a very small salary. The base salary is extremely low for such a profitable entity that doles out all of the sales cycle responsibilities to the revenue earners. As the source of income beyond the poor compensation there is a lack of support and development in a concentrated and meaningful way. There are many, many, processes and hierarchies to navigate which waste time and cause confusion where better systems alone would improve functionality and add time into the revenue generating actions. Beyond the processes the hierarchy's to navigate and channels of escalation can be convoluted and shrugged off easily. (not my department syndrome) Good learning experience for new disposable employees. Management should focus on making employees happier by developing skill for the role and its many functions involved, by way of development and proper compensation.
Pros
Free lunches and social events, Great culture
Cons
Work life expectations far exceed compensation, Development lags behind responsibilities and poor processes add to this dillema
Fun place to work with many young people.
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 21, 2015
SHI was a great company to work for right after college. They provide fair compensation and create a pleasant workplace by providing a gym, ping pong, and many company wide activities.
Pros
Great food and amenities
Cons
Large company
Good Starter Job
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Great place to start out. Plenty of movement available within the company but hard to get past entry level. Was able to transition into roles I wanted with relative ease. Pay is not very good
Couldn't Have Asked For Better
Sr. Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2016
I was one of the founding members of the Austin office. Everything from the work culture to the compensation were fantastic.
Fast Growing Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2014
SHI is a great place to work for growing your sales skills, gaining business knowledge and becoming a better salesperson. I learn something new everyday at SHI.

My co-workers are great! I can't ask for a better group of motivated, positive people to work with.

My main gripe is the management. Some managers are only in it for themselves and do not spend time working with and helping people on their team. For example, if you are slightly behind plan, you will be shunned and criticized instead of being coached and trying to make a strategy for success. I can tell you this from personal experience and hear this from MANY coworkers around the company.

Another gripe is that the company is growing so fast, that expectations, quotas and job functions change on a erratic basis. It makes it very difficult to achieve a certain goal, when it is constantly being changed at any given time.
Pros
great coworkers, great training program, free lunches, great culture
Cons
management needs to improve, low base salary
sales
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Unstable and a lot of turn over. Sold shoes on a day to day basis. WOULD NOT RETURN. MANGEMENT DID NOT COMMUICATE WELL. LONG HOURS WITH NO BENFITS
Fun place to work, great place to start tech sales career
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2014
As long as you realize this place is an entry level tech sales job it is a great place to work (there are career advancement opportunites but you have to prove yourself 1st). Very clear expectations set for success. Very structured management. They hire alot of young people so they do not have to pay much but they seem to be constantly growing.

Be ready to work. Churn and burn culture where you are measured by dials, talk time, quotes orders and revenue growth. Great training program to make sure expectations are clear.
Pros
fun, young culture, gret traning program
Cons
low pay, high turnover
Fun place with young professionals
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2016
As a rep you are required to make 50 dials a day to accounts to earn business.

What you put into the job is what you get out of it and the compensation is worth it.
Pros
Free lunches
Cubicle Cold Calls
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2016
If you work well in a confined space with a set goal then this may be a good position for you, but I was not cut out for this life. Lots of micromanaging and a minimum of 50 dials per day made this an extremely repetitive position.
Great Atmosphere and Wonderful Team.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 12, 2016
This job has given me great management experience. I enjoy the environment and the skills it has allowed me to become more proficient in.