SHI International Corporation

SHI International Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Effective and Productive work place
Marketing Events Specialist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJune 24, 2014
SHI is a great place to work. There is always room for growth within the company. All opportunities to move up are given to employees within the company. My work day changes everyday and i handle many high end IT companies as i am the liason between me and the sales representatives. i help to get partners in front of the sales representatives so that – more... they can provide further training and implement programs to help to grow revenue. the hardest part of the job is adjusting to different needs and marketing plans of 50+ partners but it is also the most exciting part of the job. i get to learn and talk to new people everyday which helps me learn new software and hardware products. my coworkers are well rounded and always ready to help. we motivate each other as a family and not just as coworker. on a scaled from 1-10 i rate my company a 9 out of 10. – less
Professional yet laid-back company
ITAM Engagement Coordinator (Current Employee), SomersetJune 23, 2014
Everyday is different, working in an environment which is laid back with friendly and encouraging people, makes going to work everyday enjoyable.
Excellent Training
Field Solution Executive - Data Center (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2014
Excellent Training and learning experience at CDW. Many vendor perks like happy hours, sporting events, contests and ways to make a great living.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TxJune 19, 2014
Greet customers, help them find shoes in their size, ring them out on the register. clean the store open and close
Great job in sales with a fun environment
Licensing Presales Specialist (Current Employee), Milton KeynesMay 30, 2014
A job in sales requires you to learn about your product and be knowledgeable in every sense. Must know how to leverage your resources and use them to your advantage in growing your business.
PC Lead at SHI
PC Deployment Lead (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 4, 2014
Pros: many locations, my first time leading a team
Cons: chaotic, short contract
I worked there shortly pc deployment lead. The job was reimaging computers to Windows 7 and migrating the data. The team was assembled from several different staffing companies. We would schedule appointments with users and image their machines. The hardest part was the lack of training that the employees had before the project. That also corresponds – more... with one of the more enjoyable aspects which was bringing the members of my team up to par and watching them accomplish the job. – less
Preparation of products for shipment to vendors
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILApril 25, 2014
A typical work day consisted of data entry for internet orders. Taking inventory of product and preparing items of shipment.
Great pay and people
Windows 7 Deployment and Migration Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not so organized
They are a good company and offer great pay however, I was contracted out to work for them for a period of six months and was greatly misled on the time frame considering that the job lasted for only a month long...
SHI
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 22, 2014
Working at SHI allows you to balance you personal life and work life. SHI cares about the well beings of their employees.
Great job in sales with a fun environment
Inside Account Executive (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: great staff, fun environment, free events and lunches
Cons: cold calling
Sales in east coast territory (7am-4pm)
Expected to make minimum 50 phone calls a day mostly of the cold calling variety but also calls that are specific to business.

Staff – more... would be described as young professionals. Everyone is very friendly and it creates a great atmosphere. My manager is highly respected and gets the best out of her workers.

Hardest part of the job is cold calling but everyone around you is very helpful and push you to do well in the job. – less
great place to work!
Development Lead, Database Technologies (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 9, 2014
good company. stable, growing. good management, no complaints!
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2014
This was typical day at work:

• Prepared approximately 50-200 toughbooks for scheduled deployment daily;
• Kept track and updated necessary changes and/or repairs of the toughbooks and IPhones;
• Assessed malfunctions of hardware to determining appropriate actions to ensure quick availability for next deployment;
• Performed Gdisk DoD, BIOS update, – more... and ensures wireless connection is working properly;
• Set up new computers including installation of operating system and appropriate software across all ATT and ATT Mobility Enterprises;
• Prepared IPhones thru Itunes application and installs security apps authorized by AT&T;
• Managed inventory including shipping and receiving;
• Performed other duties as assign. – less
Depends on the luck of your draw
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 24, 2014
Good entry level job that lets you acquire a lot of customer service skills. Tests out how quick of a learner you are.

How much you enjoy it really depends on what team you're placed on. This would determine your compensation in commission, your teammates, and your outside reps. The people there are pretty down to earth and very helpful though.

Pay – more... could be better. PTO is a bonus. Growth opportunities are mediocre. – less
Fun yet challenging work place
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: unrealistic expectations
A typical day at work is fast paced and involves alot of problem solving day in and day out.
SHI
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 2, 2013
Great company to work for. One of the top companies in Austin.
fun place
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee), Somerset, NJNovember 27, 2013
great management, benefits
an hour lunch
annual bbq
learned accounting software
Typical call center for laid off Dell employees
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits and opportunity for technical sales
Cons: company expects 150% at every moment and doesnt give 2nd chances
Do your job well and consistantly and get rewarded. Know how to sell over the phone. But be an average salesperson, then don't expect to stay at this company for much more than 12 months.
Very healthy environment with a relaxed atmosphere
Volunteer/Intern (Former Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 4, 2013
Although I spent only a few occasions at SHI this summer for volunteer work I knew it was a fantastic place to be. The managers and all the other adults seemed to be extremely helpful and hardworking. The most enjoyable part of the work was getting real-life work experience and seeing what the working world is truly like. The downside of the work was – more... working with only one employee, a high-level manager. Due to my ability to only go on weekends and my minimal experience I was unable to take on any serious jobs or roles, however I am grateful and understanding of the work I was given. After the course of my work I learned about the importance of organization and clear, concise communication in the work environment. Without such skills, unnecessary obstacles are presented throughout the day. – less
Great company to work for
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Somerset NJOctober 3, 2013
SHI is very good to their employees and it is a great company to work for. If I had not relocated to PA, I would have stayed there!
Laid-back workplace with cafeteria, gym and health clinic
Microsoft Licensing Specialist - Tier 2 (Current Employee), Somerset, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: free gym, great location, opportunities for raise, health clinic, cafeteria
Cons: few opportunities for advancement, long workday, no summer hours
The workday is structured around a 9-hour shift - 8 hours of work and 1 full hour (unpaid) of break (with 2 additional 15-minute breaks). While the amount of breaks is great, I would prefer to work a standard 8-hour day with a half-hour paid lunch and be able to leave for home an hour earlier. This was non-negotiable. The company invests a lot of money – more... back into itself, which is reflected in the well-kept, new facility that SHI is housed in. The company is growing steadily with big, reasonable ambitions for the future. The CEO is friendly and accessible, which is impressive. The manager in my department was unfit for their position and lacked integrity; though, from personal experience, this wasn't universal - I met many capable, professional managers as well. The dress code is lenient and Fridays are super casual. – less