SHI International Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company culture
Senior Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 23, 2015
Learned a lot about the IT Industry and made strong connections. The management is really supportive and if you work hard you will see the benefits.
Pros
free lunches, young people
Cons
cold calling
Good first job
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 25, 2015
good learning experience in a professional environment, but job advancement is only lateral and salary is not BOE when hired. everyone starts out the same
Pros
free lunches and breakfasts once in awhile, gym
Cons
zero company culture
Great Company, Great Culture
IT (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJNovember 22, 2015
SHI is a great company and a leader in IT. The culture here at SHI makes the typical workday very enjoyable. Management cares about the employees. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants a secure job in the IT field.
a productive and relaxed workplace that continues to grow and gives opportunties internally for growthto
Lead Configuration Technician/Server Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 1, 2016
Software House International(SHI) is a rising, independent company that continues to grow. There's lots of opportunity to grow within the company, and several positions ranging from the technical to sales. There's great benefits and bonuses that can be obtained, and a very balanced work environment overall.
Pros
a very nice facility with people that make you feel comfortable
Cons
closing during bad weather conditions are limited
Productive and fun work environement with a pingpong table
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset NJOctober 11, 2015
This is a great starter job, but after a while the tedium gets to be a bit much. The culture is a bit too casual for my taste, but the vibe around the office is very friendly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Compensation, low standards of employement
Fun place to work with many young people.
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 21, 2015
SHI was a great company to work for right after college. They provide fair compensation and create a pleasant workplace by providing a gym, ping pong, and many company wide activities.
Pros
Great food and amenities
Cons
Large company
sales
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Unstable and a lot of turn over. Sold shoes on a day to day basis. WOULD NOT RETURN. MANGEMENT DID NOT COMMUICATE WELL. LONG HOURS WITH NO BENFITS
Good Starter Job
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Great place to start out. Plenty of movement available within the company but hard to get past entry level. Was able to transition into roles I wanted with relative ease. Pay is not very good
Cubicle Cold Calls
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 22, 2016
If you work well in a confined space with a set goal then this may be a good position for you, but I was not cut out for this life. Lots of micromanaging and a minimum of 50 dials per day made this an extremely repetitive position.
Fast Growing Company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2014
SHI is a great place to work for growing your sales skills, gaining business knowledge and becoming a better salesperson. I learn something new everyday at SHI.

My co-workers are great! I can't ask for a better group of motivated, positive people to work with.

My main gripe is the management. Some managers are only in it for themselves and do not spend time working with and helping people on their team. For example, if you are slightly behind plan, you will be shunned and criticized instead of being coached and trying to make a strategy for success. I can tell you this from personal experience and hear this from MANY coworkers around the company.

Another gripe is that the company is growing so fast, that expectations, quotas and job functions change on a erratic basis. It makes it very difficult to achieve a certain goal, when it is constantly being changed at any given time.
Pros
great coworkers, great training program, free lunches, great culture
Cons
management needs to improve, low base salary
Fun place to work, great place to start tech sales career
Inside Sales Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2014
As long as you realize this place is an entry level tech sales job it is a great place to work (there are career advancement opportunites but you have to prove yourself 1st). Very clear expectations set for success. Very structured management. They hire alot of young people so they do not have to pay much but they seem to be constantly growing.

Be ready to work. Churn and burn culture where you are measured by dials, talk time, quotes orders and revenue growth. Great training program to make sure expectations are clear.
Pros
fun, young culture, gret traning program
Cons
low pay, high turnover
Fun place with young professionals
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2016
As a rep you are required to make 50 dials a day to accounts to earn business.

What you put into the job is what you get out of it and the compensation is worth it.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Out Of College job
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 4, 2015
This is a great company to work for right out of college. They give you a three month training program and really try to invest in their employees. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment.
Couldn't Have Asked For Better
Sr. Inside Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 4, 2016
I was one of the founding members of the Austin office. Everything from the work culture to the compensation were fantastic.
Great job to get out of college
Inside Account Executive - Small Business Sector (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Learned more about IT than I could ever learn anywhere else. Made lifelong friends along the way. Loved this place! However, you should know that you will be cold calling in this job.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Sales metrics
Great Atmosphere and Wonderful Team.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 12, 2016
This job has given me great management experience. I enjoy the environment and the skills it has allowed me to become more proficient in.
AE role
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Make calls/drop offs/meetings to create relationships with prospects to show how great a resource we are- we want you to think of us as an extension of your IT team. Co-workers were difficult to fit in with/work with in my office, and the hardest part of the job is the time you spend working to get business vs. the return rate. The most enjoyable part is knowing you are working for a solid company that is going to treat you well with a solid commission structure. Good benefits as well.
fun and fare
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJOctober 20, 2015
I reserve my comment. The HR are not really do their work well, their promotion is based on friendship not on educational qualifications or merit.
An incredible place to ease a young professional into the corporate world.
Software Licensing Specialist (CommVault) (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 26, 2015
SHI International is an amazing place to work. You will find young, inspired, and productive individuals here. We strive to provide the best service and the best products possible and our growth rate is incredibly admirable. The worst part of the job is that the compensation, compared to alleged market rates for this area, might be a bit lower. This is made up for with the best part of the job being a nearly stress free and enjoyable place to work and grow. We don't seem to suffer from the political drama that seems to plague modern corporate America and each day is a great one. Even the bad days aren't associated with oppressive management or unreachable goals but rather cyclical tough times.

Unfortunately, some of the routes up the chain are within reach but not yet available. It may be more opportunistic to find a more balanced position between stress and compensation. I definitely see a future here and would miss this company dearly, but as an inspired individual with goals that can't easily be met here, I need to keep my options open.
Laid-back workplace with cafeteria, gym and health clinic
Microsoft Licensing Specialist - Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJSeptember 30, 2013
The workday is structured around a 9-hour shift - 8 hours of work and 1 full hour (unpaid) of break (with 2 additional 15-minute breaks). While the amount of breaks is great, I would prefer to work a standard 8-hour day with a half-hour paid lunch and be able to leave for home an hour earlier. This was non-negotiable. The company invests a lot of money back into itself, which is reflected in the well-kept, new facility that SHI is housed in. The company is growing steadily with big, reasonable ambitions for the future. The CEO is friendly and accessible, which is impressive. The manager in my department was unfit for their position and lacked integrity; though, from personal experience, this wasn't universal - I met many capable, professional managers as well. The dress code is lenient and Fridays are super casual.
Pros
free gym, great location, opportunities for raise, health clinic, cafeteria
Cons
few opportunities for advancement, long workday, no summer hours