SHI International Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cubicle Cold Calls
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2016
If you work well in a confined space with a set goal then this may be a good position for you, but I was not cut out for this life. Lots of micromanaging and a minimum of 50 dials per day made this an extremely repetitive position.
Good Starter Job
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee), Somerset, NJFebruary 22, 2016
Great place to start out. Plenty of movement available within the company but hard to get past entry level. Was able to transition into roles I wanted with relative ease. Pay is not very good
Great job to get out of college
Inside Account Executive - Small Business Sector (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Sales metrics
Learned more about IT than I could ever learn anywhere else. Made lifelong friends along the way. Loved this place! However, you should know that you will be cold calling in this job.
It's a start...
Inside Account Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 17, 2016
Normal office job. Great job if you like being at the computer desk all day. The people are somewhat naive. The bosses can be jerks.
sales
Sales Associate/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Unstable and a lot of turn over. Sold shoes on a day to day basis. WOULD NOT RETURN. MANGEMENT DID NOT COMMUICATE WELL. LONG HOURS WITH NO BENFITS
Fun place to work with many young people.
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee), Somerset, NJDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Great food and amenities
Cons: Large company
SHI was a great company to work for right after college. They provide fair compensation and create a pleasant workplace by providing a gym, ping pong, and many company wide activities.
Great company culture
Senior Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, young people
Cons: cold calling
Learned a lot about the IT Industry and made strong connections. The management is really supportive and if you work hard you will see the benefits.
Great Company, Great Culture
IT (Current Employee), Somerset, NJNovember 22, 2015
SHI is a great company and a leader in IT. The culture here at SHI makes the typical workday very enjoyable. Management cares about the employees. I highly recommend this company to anyone who wants a secure job in the IT field.
Great Out Of College job
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 4, 2015
This is a great company to work for right out of college. They give you a three month training program and really try to invest in their employees. It is a very competitive and fast paced environment.
Good first job
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches and breakfasts once in awhile, gym
Cons: zero company culture
good learning experience in a professional environment, but job advancement is only lateral and salary is not BOE when hired. everyone starts out the same
fun and fare
IT Technician (Current Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 20, 2015
I reserve my comment. The HR are not really do their work well, their promotion is based on friendship not on educational qualifications or merit.
Productive and fun work environement with a pingpong table
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset NJOctober 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Poor Compensation, low standards of employement
This is a great starter job, but after a while the tedium gets to be a bit much. The culture is a bit too casual for my taste, but the vibe around the office is very friendly.
AE role
Account Executive (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Make calls/drop offs/meetings to create relationships with prospects to show how great a resource we are- we want you to think of us as an extension of your IT team. Co-workers were difficult to fit in with/work with in my office, and the hardest part of the job is the time you spend working to get business vs. the return rate. The most enjoyable part is knowing you are working for a solid company that is going to treat you well with a solid commission structure. Good benefits as well.
Fun, relaxed
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches from time to time. Ping pong table
Fun place to work. Good people. Managers don't micromanage. Easy to move around in different positions. Hardest part of the job is the customers. You may go on an account that does not make too much money.
Productive yet fun workplace
SALES SUPPORT (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJune 17, 2015
The culture and people of SHI are what makes this company such a great place to work. Great management and inspiring CEO.
Great job out of college
Inside Account Executive (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 11, 2015
Pros: Food, IT, Hot chick everywhere
Cons: Cold caling
This is an awesome company to get your career started and network with a bunch of awesome individuals. I was blessed to make alot of friends and able to learn a lot about cutting edge IT. I would go back and work for them again if i can get another chance. :)
Routine
Inside Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMay 20, 2015
My day at work us very routined. There are instances that change but day to day work is the same. Its not very challenging.
Enjoyed a long career at SHI.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Was there for over 14 years, what more can I say?
Cons: Cons? None that I can think of.
Established and independently managed for 14 years a straight commission, multi-million dollar B2B sales territory for 6th largest privately held IT Company in the US with $6B in annual sales.
Recognized in 2002, 2005 and 2006 with SHI’s highest sales award~Chairman’s Club~based on production, growth and % of plan.
Grew annual sales from $0 to $18MM in first three years.
Great culture
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches sometimes
Cons: Low pay
Everyone is friendly. They are being underpaid in some roles. The experience you get is great, you really work with some blue chip companies.
Entry Level Job
Inside Account Executive- Oklahoma/Kansas K-12 (Current Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 9, 2015
I learned a lot at SHI, I have now been working here over a year and believe this job has taught me the essentials in order to move on to bigger and better things. It has also taught me that I do not want to be in sales and that this is a tedious job and the tasks every day are the same. I LOVE the people I work with, the environment is very young and there are always happy hours and events going on.