This position is responsible for preparing specifications and procedures for production and customer approval, control of Calibration of measuring instruments, participate in ongoing Lean initiatives and other areas as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specification / procedures in the form of Inspection and Test Reports (ITR) for refurbishing of motors as per customer requirements and maintenance instructions
- Complete changes in documents in accordance with engineering change notice process as directed by production / customer requests
- Create work instructions and workmanship standards for various processes.
- Responsible for calibration of measuring instruments. This involves organizing calibration from outside agencies and performing internal calibration, updating calibration stickers as per schedule and maintaining data in calibration record software
- Open purchase requisitions in Visual ERP system for calibration and procurement of new tools material
- Conduct method and time study for the production processes
- Provide support for plant layout and redesign for process and material flow
- Participate and drive lean initiatives in the elimination of non-value added activities
- Create current-state and future-state value maps and implement action plans determined from value maps
- Report lean activities to appropriate stakeholders
- Carry out any special project assigned by President, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, and QA Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree in Industrial engineering / Mechanical engineering
- QA designation (ASQ, CQE OR CQA) is an asset
- Green Belt or Black Belt Certification is an asset
- Minimum 5-6 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with excellent grammatical skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel to prepare process instructions, ITR and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and company vision and mission objective
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Sherwood Electromotion Inc., is a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul, and manufacturing services for locomotive propulsion...