Perform dis-assembly, inspection, test and repair work on a variety of electrical power equipment. Involves disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, electrical and mechanical testing and repairing units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of performing electrical test (Insulation Resistance, Hi-Pot, Surge, Resistance Test, Bar to Bar, Impedance Testing and Polarity Tests)
- Capable of performing Mechanical Measurements (caliper, micrometer and dial indicator) as they relate to the motor fault analysis and rebuilding
Operating principles and the use of the following equipment:
o Hydraulic presses and pullers
o Cutting machines.
o Soldering and brazing
o Washing and Drying Equipment
o Vacuum Pressure Impregnation equipment
o Usage of Cranes
o Usage of Forklift and Material handling equipment
o Usage of Industrial Ovens
o Usage of Hand Tools, Pneumatic and Hydraulic, as well as Impact Guns
- Knowledge of dismantling, stripping and construction according to the manufacturer’s specification
- Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances and sizes
- Able to follow written and verbal operating instructions.
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
- Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Require training normally obtained through Grade 12 technical school education, technical program, or its equivalent
- Skills: Must have considerable mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in a related industry, electrical and/or mechanical manufacturing experience is an asset.
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Sherwood Electromotion Inc., is a leading independent provider of assembly, overhaul, and manufacturing services for locomotive propulsion...