Perform repair, inspection and assembly work on a variety of AC and DC electrical rotating equipment Involves disassembling, cleaning, inspecting, electrical and mechanical testing, repairing and assembling units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of performing electrical tests (Insulation Resistance, Hi-Pot, Surge, Resistance Test, Bar to Bar, Impedance Testing and Polarity Tests.
- Perform measurements utilizing mechanical and electrical measuring instruments as they relate to fault analysis and rebuilding of electrical rotating equipment.
- Capable of reading and understanding coil and wiring interconnection diagrams and their preparation on AC and DC motors.
- Keen ability to strictly follow documentation and identify and validate a large number of checkpoints during the assembly process.
- Understanding of Safety and ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems.
Operating principles and the use of the following equipment:
o Hydraulic presses and pullers
o Cutting machines
o Soldering and brazing
o Washing and Drying Equipment
o Usage of Cranes
o Usage of Forklift and Material handling equipment
o Working Knowledge of Curing Ovens
o Bearing Lubrication and Installation
o Knowledge of motor dismantling, stripping and construction according to the manufacturer’s specification.
o Understanding of close tolerance finishing principles and proper torqueing, and total indicator and run-out and alignment.
o Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances/sizes.
o Able to follow written and verbal operating instructions.
o Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Require training normally obtained through Grade 12 technical school
education, technical program, or its equivalent
- Skills: Must have considerable mechanical and electrical aptitude, as well as strong attention to detail and quality in craftsmanship.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in a related industry