Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very chill and relaxing but can get really busy at times
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 22, 2014
Pros: cool ppl to work with
Cons: retail, lifting paint all day, same thing everyday
must be able to work hard physically and multitask
learned a lot while working there in paint
dislike doing sales calls
Very easy to learn atmosphere and great work experience.
Accounts Payable Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 22, 2014
Typical day would include processing invoices using a computer system. Talking on phones with vendors and other site locations to make sure customers were paid.
I learned communication skills, work ethic, how to budget accounts, team work skills, computer skills such as Excel.
Management was very helpful, answered my questions and took care of me to – more... make sure I did the job correctly.
Hardest part of the job was there was a lot of work. There was a never ending cycle of invoices to pay and problems sometimes to fix. There was a requirement to find an easier method for the system so problems wouldn't happen again.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. The people that worked there were instantly friends of mine and were very open to helping. – less
Paint Store Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work consists of dealing with customers that are in high demand of paint for hospitality management/resorts and some DIY/contractors. I learn how to manage day to day operations and needs of not only the customers, the company and other employees. I have to know how to meet everyone's needs and have correct recommendations for each – more... individuals painting needs. One of the hardest parts of the job is explaining to customers they are not always able to purchase paint for less than the sticker price. Some contractors/chief engineers think they should receive the lowest price on all products, which hurts budget requirements. An enjoyable part of the job is co-workers and meeting new people through the public. – less
Productive Environment
3rd Key Sales Associate (Current Employee), Groves, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
Sherwin Williams is a great place to work. Excellent benefits and fast moving positions.
Fun workplace to travel around the tri-county area
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMay 18, 2014
Pros: security
Cons: income level
Beautiful, secure environment, but only worked on a part-time basis, therefore not enough income to make a living.
50-60-70
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2014
Pros: paid well for the work performed.
Cons: the job was not challenging.
Essentially I worked in the production department and I describe the entire process with the numbers 50-60-70. The management style is most definitely from the 50s where communication was inefficient and one directional. The building and most the infrastructure was from the 60s as well as the age of many employees. And finally, most of the technology – more... was impressive in the 70s. The position paid well as well as the benefits were very competitive. A production position with this company would fit someone who enjoys doing the same routine everyday and doesn't feel the need to actively contribute or change the status quo. – less
Alright
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee), Astoria, NYMay 14, 2014
it was an ok experience, I learned a lot. They ask for a lot for 10 dollars an hour
worked great with my schooling
sales (Former Employee), Longview, TXMay 11, 2014
made it easy to go to school full time and to work part time enjoyed it and gained some knowledge of coating also.
I'm looking for a company in which I can contribute my education. I am an excellent team player and a motivated individual.
Sales/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNMay 11, 2014
After interning in the field of interior design, I fell in love with the working with people with the same creative edge that I have. It allowed me to bounce ideas off one another and create a masterpiece to present to the clients.
Good experience.
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2014
Go to work. Do job. Good environment. Have a certain amount of accounts to contact and collect from.
customer service/ Delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 6, 2014
waiting on customers, answering phone calls, making sure I was on time for my deliveries. I learned how to work with customers, mixed paints, I enjoyed working with my boss and my co workers. The hardest part of my day was driving to customers locations and unloading heavy gallons of paint.
Learned something new everyday
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mineral Wells, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: slow
Worked with great people. They new so much about the company. I would love to work with them again, in a heart beat.
Challenging Fun Workplace
Inventory System Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2014
Pros: fun, fast paced work environment with no two days the same.
Cons: heavy work loads during peak seasons affecting work life balance
The management team is great and inspires confidence makes you feel appreciated. I have enjoyed my time with the company. Many opportunities to further my skills and grow within a great company. My skillset is constantly growing and evolving. My bosses push me to look at things differently and present things in an analytical way that is aesthetically – more... pleasing. – less
Good company to work for until they closed the doors of our plant.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kankakee, ILMay 1, 2014
Fast paced and good place to work. They had good pay..You could learn different jobs in this company, so there was room for advancement.
Not very helpful
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, INApril 30, 2014
in a company full of advancement, they weren't very helpful in helping you advance.
It's an happy work place
Customer Service/Delivery (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLApril 29, 2014
Pros: move up in the company
Cons: contractor try to get over on there payments
I would get to the job and start to load up my van for delivery
What I learn about this company is that you can move up into management
My co-worker are fun to work with
there was no hard part about the job
The enjoyable part about this job is driving to different job site
Great job
Transportation Processor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 29, 2014
Pros: hire from within
Cons: long hiring process
Sherwin-Williams is an amazing company to work for. The culture is very friendly and management does a good job to see that employees needs are taken care of.
An Typical Day At My Job
Filler Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 29, 2014
Pros: the travel
Cons: job ended
Entering the building in the the morning is usually a pleasant greeting from the security. I first begin the morning with loading my computer and reviewing up dates. Next I prepare notes and information for clients. I resolve and inform customers on issues and concerns they have until my day is done. The management is supportive and quick to respond – more... to my questions. That takes the pressure off of me as a representative who's dealing directly with the client. Ultimately that's what makes my day great, when I can effectively execute a call and leave the customer satisfied. No matter what I do, I like to be excellent at it. – less
It is a very lovely place to work
Design Product Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly work environment, healthcare, bonuses
Cons: no sitting, time cuts
Typically you will go in and begin work immediately, Sherwin Williams is so successful do to its great customer service, and I cant agree more because the people there are some of the nicest I've ever met and they mingle professionalism with friendly service and right when you walk in you feel welcome like a family.
not fun at all
Mill Operator (Former Employee), Grove City, OHApril 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: too many to name
Nothing good say, long as your the right color , you fit in, good ol boys!

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos