Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed working there
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Richmond,KyMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed that the work enviroment was delightful. I would work there again if possible
Great job, good learning program and excellent benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bellaire, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits & job security
Cons: long hours & not many holidays
This company is a great company to start with and stay with. If it is something you find interest in you can stay with this company for the rest of your life if you wanted to. The benefits are some of the best.
Very positive working enviroment and nice customers.
3rd Key Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: no growth within the company
A typical day will start with our commercial customer who comes in for there morning coffee to start their day. While drinking there coffee we gain some conversation of what they have in store for there day. During the conversation there order is being prepared by me or one of my associates. Once there order is finished we help them if needed with there – more... merchandise to there car. That is the beginning of our day. My position in-title more responsibility during a work day. The position as third key withheld responsibility of opening and closing during store hours. All associate also had to have forklift training and no how to handle hazardous materials which we took tests for. When we receive our weekly truck of merchandise we will have to be able to unload the truck with a forklift into inventory. Once our merchandise is received and counted for it's stocked in the warehouse and showcased on the show room floor. That was the hardest part of the job. The easy part was to prepare the orders when there were customers in the store. What I enjoyed was interacting with different customers throughout the day. My co-workers was the reason why twelve years went by so fast working there. They made the work seem effortless by keeping a positive vibe at the workplace. – less
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee), .March 21, 2014
interacte wit customers mix paint picking out colorsproduct knowledge
For a first timer in retai, and as a first internship, really great place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, got to learn managerial duties
Cons: erratic break schedule, could be boring at times
As title says, this was my first time in a retail job and it was an experience to say the least. I did not hate it but it was certainly not my cup of tea. The job itself was great. I did learn a lot everyday and could see myself working there. As an internship it was a little lacking but as my first example of an internship I felt it was a great introduction.
it was a real laid back job.
Lead Hub Driver (Former Employee), Dalton, GAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: spent alot of my time on the open road.
Cons: having to deliver heavy loads.
Load my truck and go out and deliver paint products to customers. i learned how to talk to customers and listen to the needs of the customers. I had a amazing management team and still to this day we stay in contact. My coworkers at the time where the best. The hardest part about my job had to of been the over sized loads of paint and the unsafe areas – more... were we had to deliver to. The most enjoyable part of my job had to of been just being on the open road never stayed in the building to much. – less
Fun place to work but not in my career path
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 16, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
Cons: not what i wanted for a career
I took on a job with Sherwin Williams after college because of the relationships I made with them while interning with College Works Painting. I did not find myself desiring to be promoted within the company, at the time it was just a stepping stone.

The Sherwin Williams branch here in Charlottesville, VA is the busiest branch in the mid-atlantic because – more... of the rapid growth of the city. So this is where I began to learn what it took to work in such a busy environment.

The most fun part of the job was interacting with my co-workers and the commercial customers I saw frequently. – less
Productive workplace
customer service (Former Employee), Novi, MIMarch 16, 2014
A typical day at work would be helping customers with specific paint selections. Mixing paint, customer service and handling the cash register. Management was wonderful and very hands on and helpful with any questions that came their way. Co workers were team players and for the most part worked very well with each other. the hardest part was handling – more... difficult customers. the most enjoyable part was interacting with people on a daily basis. – less
good benefits but GCDC sucks
color stylist marketing (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: politics
Good benefits

not a good place to work if you have an education, people at the non management level work their way up. Good old boys

be ready to play politics at GCDC.

manager needs more training
Productive workplace with availability to always move up.
Lab Technician Temp (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2014
Great place, amazing coworkers, continuous opportunities to be promoted.
Management not very adept of hourly employees issues
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: bad management
Very unhappy with the management and their treatment of the hourly employees.
Low stress job with few growth opportunities
Management Training Program/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2014
The day to day operations are moderately challenging and often fun. The client base is always up for a good laugh and coworkers are very supportive. Unfortunately career growth extends to becoming the Store Manager in the middle of the country or an area manager if you are lucky.
Good place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Gardendale, ALMarch 11, 2014
Customer service and sales all day long.
Customer relationship building environment.
very good
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee), Astoria, NYMarch 10, 2014
great store, you will learn a lot from this store. plus they pay 10/hr
productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Haverhill massMarch 10, 2014
Pros: one on one customer base and co workers friendly and knowledgeable
Cons: part time work only
Sherwin Williams is one of the best jobs i have had in my work history. Fun fast up beatwork with fantastic coworkers and excellent customer base.
Sherwin 2014
Corporate IT Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2014
Pros: pay scale
Cons: availability for advancement
Handled inbound calls from upper tier employees ranging from regional managers and VP's. These calls were in direct relation to Corporate IT advancements in the iphone to data network path within the companies international marketing scheme. Co-workers within my group were average in education and performance levels in comparison to my daily output. – more... I was trained directly on the advancements of the iphone in relation to the data path that was yet to be written. Overall the staff was knowledgeable and courteous as well as always professional under all circumstances. – less
Work View
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXMarch 6, 2014
Pros: nice part-time job
Cons: not good hours, worked weekends
I was a sales associate, my task consisted of mixing, selling and delivering the product.
Okay place to work
DECORATOR (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 3, 2014
Helping costumers with color selections and sales. Also helped with store up-keep. Management was nice about flexible hours but otherwise hard to deal with.
good comapany
counter sales /driver (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2014
mixing and driving paint. Learned about paint. Great mamnagement and co workers. Hardest part opf the job was store owners and most enjoyable was driving.
Involved in daily contact with customers
Assistant Manager and Manager (Former Employee), PRFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: good time
Involved in daily contact with customers to troubleshoot and resolve problems pertaining to billing, unpaid tax balances, excessive charges or short payments, warranties, inventory control, counter sale, services contract renewals, and other services-related matters while maintaining good customer relations.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos