Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great workplace that teaches you alot of new business skills
3rd Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2013
typically at work I help customers as they come in and place orders, I have learned manager production, my co-workers are great to work with.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Beaufort, SCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: enjoyable trainings, great support system, met lots of great friends, tuition reimbursement, relocatable, benefits and investment oppurtunities.
Cons: salary, very strenuous, work/life balance, short breaks.
There are a lot of pros and cons to the company. A typical work day consist of giving great customer service to paint contractors and DIY's. As an assistant manager I also helped manage a team of great people that work together to accomplish the goals of the store. I learned how to be a great manager and lots of leadership. I would say that the hardest – more... part of the job would be that you must manage your time wisely in order to run the operations of the store properly. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers, learning about their projects and listening to the final appearance. – less
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Clarksdale, MSDecember 4, 2013
Pros: good pay, great benefits, good stock price
Cons: open until 7 on week days and 7 days a week
A typical day would start off by handling day to day activities that you learn through the training that is provided for you. You will also have your regular customers that come in on a weekly basis and you also have DIY customers to deal with.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYDecember 4, 2013
Its a good place to work management is really nice and is very knowledgeable of the products. Co workers are fun to be around. My day at work consist of my driving and interacting with all different types of people which is fun. The hardest part of my job would be the long days when its just driving all day with out a break but every day is different – more... some days are really busier then other days. – less
Busy, Fun, Work Hard
Sales associate/ warehouser/ cashier (Current Employee), Bradenton, FLNovember 26, 2013
Pros: great discounts on product.
Cons: store hours arent the best, no time for breaks mostly.
You answer phones and take orders over the pone and in person, make 100 gallons of paint a day. Learn new things everyday paint knowledge and how different products work. Certain stores have different types of managers, majority are well trained, clean cut, very knowledgeable. My co-workers are a great group of people, get along well with each other, – more... hard workers. The hardest par of the job is staying a head of all the orders so they are all done in a timely manner and not getting backed up. The most enjoyable par of the day is knowing you are caught up and can joke around and have a good time while working. – less
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2013
Pros: management
Cons: bureaucracy
Good company for job advancement as long as you work hard and can relocate.
Good company
Store Manager (Current Employee), michiaganNovember 20, 2013
Pros: livable pay
Cons: long hours and difficult customers
Hard to work with some contractors.
Homeowners and customers can be very hard to deal with some days and normally just blame the Manager.
Its great to work with the other store and meet with other Managers at the events and meetings.
Hardest part of the job is the work-life balance. Managers are required to work 48 hours a week minimum.
Paint fumes – more... after a while can be hard to deal with. – less
Hiring the future leaders of the company
Human Resources Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), Malvern, PANovember 19, 2013
A typical office day as a Recruiter involves sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates to run million dollar business units for Sherwin-Williams. Out on the road, I build relationships with colleges, hiring organizations, and our employees.
Not a bad place to work.
Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INNovember 18, 2013
Loved my job until they moved it to a different city. The company is a huge company and if your willing to relocate there is a lot of room to advance your career.
cut backs but i was very successful
Territory Sales Rep (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 18, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: needed more management support
14 hour days
job safety training
not enough training for staff
freindly
being laid off
heiping customers
Relationship building atmosphere
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee), Watertown, MANovember 15, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: no breaks, staffing, hours
Being short staffed a typical day was very busy and hectic. The staff still was able to complete the demand, which built great relationships with customers and staff.
Manager
manager (Former Employee), dallas txNovember 13, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours, too much paperwork
It was ok, long hours, customers can be tough at times. Way too much paperwork. Depending on where your working it can make or break you
Great Benefits
Williams, Decorative Product Specialist (Current Employee), Salem, NHNovember 13, 2013
Sherwin-Williams is a great company to work for. They definitely take care of their employees with benefits but as far as scheduling goes it's a little rough. Most stores are under staffed and over worked. There is also little advancement options for part time employees.
Good company. Needs better job culture.
Batch Maker/ Filling Operator (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDNovember 13, 2013
Steady work. Co-workers don't adapt to change well. Great management.
Manege a store and sales
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: benefits
I would go to the store and order merchandise and when to visit customer and prospect customer's to star buying form S.W.
Not my greatest experience
Decorative Product Specialist (Former Employee), Ridgewood, NJNovember 11, 2013
Very male dominate company. Difficult for growth as a woman.
I delivered paint and supplies,
Hazmat Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2013
Pros: working by myself and having the weekends off.
Cons: not enough hours (i was part time) and no benefits.
I would mainly deliver paint to construction sites and contractors. I also delivered floor tile to the School District of Philadelphia. The rest of my deliveries were to the Philadelphia Housing Authority.
very productive workforce
Outside Sales Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2013
Pros: excellent benifits, company car, gas card expense account
Cons: low salary
dedicated to keeping the product moving training was ongoing through product knowledge
Great Co Workers and a excellent work environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Boardman, OHNovember 8, 2013
I really enjoy the job, but the full time aspect is not available. For a part time job my manager and coworkers are the best I have ever had a chance to work with.It is hard work with a lot of lifting and a fast paced day but a challenge makes the day go faster.
Great Career
Sales Associate Internship (Former Employee), NJNovember 5, 2013
Great company, great benefits, effective management structure. Allows employees to grow.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos