Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great staff to work with, would prefer a different clientele.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Irmo, SCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: staff, paid lunch breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons: lift at least 100 pounds 50 times a day, clientele, hours, having to work weekends and holidays
I've worked for Sherwin Williams for three years. I love the people I work with, I have the best manager and assistant manager. However, the clientele is less than desirable. The hours are also hard to live with (6:45-6 shifts 4 days a week and weekends). They do offer a lot of advancement opportunities, but it's very hard to get out of a store. The – more... hardest part about the job is being a woman in a man's world. I get no respect from the customers that come in, especially the ones that have been in the business for ten plus years. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great staff. We all get along and hang out outside of work. I've made best friends at Sherwin Williams. – less
Great management experience
Store Manager (Current Employee), Olean, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits, great colleagues
Cons: work 55-65 hours per week, rare lunch breaks.
Good experience in managing a business and sales. A typical day involves many things like: mixing paint, growing business by making sales calls, human resources, customer interaction, inventory management, retail and commercial transactions etc... Hardest part of the job is to maintain work/life balance with working 55-65 hours per week with many days – more... of not getting to eat lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. – less
Okay Part-Time Job
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chico, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service learning environment
Cons: terrible upper management, constantly understaffed stores
Learned sales/customer service skills rather quickly because they throw you out there with no formal training.
Management was kind to the employees.
Hardest part would be dealing with customer/contractor overload. Constantly had an understaffed store especially on sales weekends.
laughing and enjoying the co-workers conversation about there weekend
Order puller / Stock Clerk (Former Employee), memphis,tnJuly 22, 2014
the hardest part of a job is working as a team and I learn how to do paper work for each essembly lines and learn how to get alone with your co-workers and the most enjoyable part of the job is to get alone with one another at the end of the day while doing your job.
great benifites if your full time
Third Key Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Pros: quick advancements
Cons: dm
as a part timer i dont get benefits but quick place for advancement
Outstanding Customer Service
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Sherwin Williams is great place to work. Typical day is processing
orders, inspecting jobs for quality , customer satisfaction, p&l analysis, training and coaching employees and installer,setting goals and expectations.
Productive and easy going work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stoughton, MAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly management team and co-qorkers, job security
A typical day at work would consist of; helping customers decide on the right products for their job at hand, maintaing the store appearance, stock, and generating B2B leads. Managers at each store have extensive knowledge on running a business from dealing with customers to products, as well as the co-workers. The hardest pear of the job would be, – more... generating quality, sustainable leads. The most enjoyable part is when you first walk-in and your co-qorkers give you a warm welcome, and as well the customers so you appreciation. – less
Good company
Manager (Former Employee), MIJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours, short of staff
long hours, short of staff, open everyday. They have a good training program and is a great place to gain experience and start your career off
fun work good people and good costumers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lompoc, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: close to home meet the people in your area
Cons: only part time woork
It was nice because you got to know the people that came in almost daily, And it was fun meeting so many new nice people.My boss was a good manager in his own way, And I did learn from him nothing is set in stone, Hard work usually gets noticed. But the hardest thing there is trying to get full time work they dont like to do it.
Good benefits
Store Manager (Current Employee), Grove City, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: constantly understaffed, overwhelming workload, inexperienced employees, disconnect between management and stores
If you like working all the time and being given impossible tasks while understaffed this is the place for you.
Sherwin-WIlliams is a great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaJuly 2, 2014
Pros: you run your own business. the management is supportive.
Cons: retail. the job isn't glamorous.
Sherwin-Williams is a great company to work for. There is lots of opportunity for advancement. Also, job security is very high. The culture is also very supportive. Pay is competitive.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Batavia, NYJuly 2, 2014
Alot of room for advancement in company. Great benefits and flexibility. Awesome company
I earned a decent wage and was glad to work there
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bedford Heights, OHJune 30, 2014
Pros: good memories and experiences.
Cons: stagnant advancement
Sherwin Williams was a relaxed place to work. I did not have someone breathing over me to get my work done. I feel this is very important to increased production and good employee morale. I would recommend Sherwin Williams as a competitive employer.
productive work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ruston, LAJune 30, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Functioned as a team even on the worst of days. Fun atmosphere that customers enjoyed.
Great culture and management!
Business District Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2014
Was an amazing internship! Really beneficial to my career!
Good Company
Intern/Sales Associate/Stock Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2014
Good Company but be prepared to work long hard hours everyday.
Heavy work, salary not in proportion with the job description
United States Product Specialist Décor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
Pros: the company has been there forever.
Cons: money, benefits and a not fun work to be!!
Is heavy lifting, a stressful place, no great medical benefits, management is political and systematical, co-workers are just out of motivation, really they need a better job culture.
Good company to work for
KSU marketing (Former Employee), manhattan, ksJune 25, 2014
Good job out of college for sales experience and face to face customer service
Great Company to work for
wharehouse manager (Former Employee), Shawnee OklahomaJune 23, 2014
great company to work for. great compensation for employees.
Management was very kind
Paint mixer (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 21, 2014
This job wasn't that bad. I actually like working there, but when it came to winter time business was slow. I just couldn't get by with the hours I was getting. Unless you were full-time you couldn't get the hours.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos