Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Laid Back Environment
Internal Field Auditor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2015
Sherwin Williams is a great company to work for. The employees are competitive, hard-working, and passionate as well as laid back and fun. It was an overall enjoyable environment to work in.
Nice place to work.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2015
I loved my co-workers, we were like family. The management team at plant level was highly unorganized, but upper management was very personable, down to earth and highly skilled.
Awesome company
Production Worker (Former Employee), Deshler, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: doors closed
Great place to work for, great benefits, great workers, and great managers.
Great Overall Company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), BellevilleJanuary 2, 2015
Sherwin offers a lot of oppurtunities and is a great company to work for
Life at Sherwin
Human Resources Analyst Co-op (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2014
As an intern there was not a lot of work for me to do on a daily basis. Due to some staffing issues I was able to experience a broader view of the department. My original manager was very hands-off, giving little training and guidance. The other managers were more hands on. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was not having enough to do, I enjoyed learning about the systems and processes that run Human Resources.
Big Corporation Mentality
Branch Operations Manager (Promotion) (Former Employee), Watertown, MADecember 28, 2014
Long hours with short staffed stores. Great benefits and job security.
Teamwork exemplified heavily
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, great management
Cons: standing for long hours
Great place to work and friendly people who are always willing to help each others. A typical day is getting the shop ready for business by making sure tinters are filled, registers are filled, and the store has a welcoming appearance. Homeowners and Contractors would come in one-by-one asking for a paint in the color they selected or they would come in and pick up the paint ordered ahead of time. Everything would be smooth as long as everyone worked as a team and made sure all tasks were completed in an efficient amount of time. While my time was short I learned that working as a team is very helpful and customers who have a history of a certain product purchased can make things easier.
Successful and great company that has a laid back atmosphere
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2014
Pros: a boss that teaches me everything she can think to teach me
Cons: it's only a temporary position
Reviewing resumes, writing and posting job openings and handling any Human Resources related issues or tasks
How to deal with people in a caring and sympathic way but adhering to the rules and regulations procedures
My boss was the best teaching boss I have ever had. She made sure I was learning the entire Human Resource spectrum.
A great group of people doing their part to keep a great company running successfully.
Knowing that is was only a temporary job.
Interviewing and sending out offer letters to new employee's
you get out what you put in
ASSISTIAN MANAGER (Current Employee), marshalltown, iaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: pay benefits advancment
Cons: hours, customers, complaints
If you are willing to do all the things required of you and excel at the minimal amount of time you are given Sherwin can be a great opportunity for you. they offer great pay and great benefits. if you are willing to relocate you can advance quickly as well.
Great company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, Fairfax, Springfield, VADecember 16, 2014
Management is helpful. Coworkers were mostly good. Benefits and company ethics are good.

Good company and jobs if you don't mind constant lifting at retail stores.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Williams, IADecember 12, 2014
Pros: people, learning about new products
Cons: painters/customers can be a little rough on the edges.
Great place to work, starting off the first couple weeks is difficult because of the product(s) learning curve. Overall, great place to learn about paint products and it was a fun place to have an internship and work during college
Good job with nice co-workers and a great balance for life outside of work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2014
Cons: lack of training
I work from 9am to 3pm from Monday to Friday. I sign into my device and go from store to store delivering and receiving paint and other products. Management is great except for the fact that they don't properly teach you everything. I have to use my best judgment and ask other co-workers who are more than willing to help out. The hardest part of my job is being on schedule for every delivery in a set amount of time or dealing with the weather, whether it is hot, cold or rainy. The most enjoyable part of my job is being alone without direct supervision hovering above you. I feel more freedom when given the trust to do my job on my own.
Great Opportunity
Sr. Process Chemist (Former Employee), Richmond, KYDecember 11, 2014
Working for Sherwin Williams was a great opportunity to learn and demonstrate many of the skills I have learned and acquired.
Enjoyable environment
Professional Apprentice-Global Support Services (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2014
My daily tasks include:

• Provide hardware and software troubleshooting
• Implement software delivery
• Creating cases and updating them through the help desk que’s
great company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 10, 2014
Take orders over the phone or email, pull the order and box it up for delivery. Check over all store reports and make sure the showroom is clean and neat. Great benefits and even better people.
If you don't know, you will find the answer quick
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), GeorgiaDecember 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses, job advancement
Cons: can be really physical, may lose interest over time if not really involved in paint yourself, advancement may take longer (depending on location)
Typical day of dealing with paint is very interesting. Before working for the company I had no clue how to paint, what paint consisted of, and what type of paint to even recommend for customer projects.

You are learning on a daily basis, whether you working in the store, working as a sales rep, or delivery driver, there is something new everyday.

There are times when the job can be a little physical (lifting buckets of paint, weighing from 20 to 60lbs), but overtime you will be accustomed to lifting and moving a lot.

The best part about working for the company is meeting someone new everyday. You have customers who are looking for a solution to a problem, and you are more likely their best or one of the options for finding an answer. Overtime, as customers begin to come to your store multiple times you are able to build a relationship that will lead to making new friends, and gaining more business. Thus, giving you and the company a good name!
Production
General Production (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2014
The company was good but I'm looking for job security right now. The co-workers are very helpful well at least some of them. The hardest thing about the job was not been able to move around to learn a job before been moved again. The hardest part was getting laid off and having to say goodbye to some great people. The managers are very RACIST and they don't even try to hide it. I didn't learn ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Profile: Commercial-Industrial Professional Coatings Career
Customer Service (Former Employee), Portland, ORDecember 4, 2014
The Comercial-Industrial Professional Coatings Divisions of the company the is growth area of the company and better area to develop a career for oneself, which equates to a higher income,

December 16, 2014

The Commercial-Industrial Professional Coatings Divisions of the company this is the growth area of the company and a better area to develop a career for oneself, which equates to a higher income,

Awesome place to work
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee), Richmond, KYNovember 29, 2014
Pros: three 15 min breaks and one 30 min break, overtime, 4 days on 4 days off.
Cons: only con in my situation was i was a contract for 6 months, with no chance for hire.
Good working conditions, paid holidays (two days for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years), good work culture, good pay. Managers take your opinion into account.
Great Place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: 40% off paint
Cons: guys in suits can be rude
Great work environment, down to earth nice people, blue collar hard working employees. Great employee discounts, good communication between management. Overall a great place to work for a lifetime.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos