Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Summer Internship
Business Internship Trainee (Former Employee) –  New York14 October 2015
It was a good place to work, learned a lot of different things from registry to maintaining stock and cleaning up the store, pricing. Good people to work with.
Happy to have the experience
Quality Contol (Current Employee) –  Grimsby Ontario27 January 2015
Let me start by saying that it is extremely hard to get a full time position for this company. I have heard rumors that this was a great company to work for. You can only hired as a temp with promise of 8 months and temps on priduction floor last between 1 day and 3 months on average. Personally I work in the lab and my co workers, most management are great to work with and very compliant although my direct manager has been completely ignorant to myself and almost every other employee. She has gone as far as saying "Who cares about your kids" When asked if i could switch shifts 3 weeks in advance because of a child care issue. Her excuses for anything i have asked have been absolutely ridiculous and i have always got a "No". Being a temp is hard and it seems like management does not care that they have an ignorant and completely unqualified manager amongst them. I could go on about this particular manager but there is no need. I am grateful for the experience and happy working with my co workers and will probably be more grateful when my time comes to an end.
Pros
Co workers and experience
Cons
Pay and Manager
mixing paint for life
Third Key holder (Former Employee) –  surrey BC6 May 2014
Easy days usually. its retail with mainly contractors as customers. Good hands on training and education on paints and what they do, and what to recommend. Easy parts were helping customers. toughest part was doing weekly stock by yourself. Had fun with co workers and team. nice location, near everything.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
only part time
good work atmosphere
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  grimsby Onatrio23 April 2014
I really enjoyed my experience at Sherwin Williams Canada. But found no oppurtunities for any advancement.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
bad management
Great people to work with
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2014
The people that work for Sherwin Williams are all great people. But they are very strict with enforcing policy and the higher ups leave almost no room you to enjoy your time at the company.

That being said the customers and the people on the ground floor are great.
Pros
good people
Cons
no room to breathe
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 March 2014
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours, limited stimulation
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2014
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
long hours with little support.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2014
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s).
Pros
the very thankful customers
Cons
slow days
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2014
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Less hours in the winter
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 July 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee) –  Spanish town road 15 July 2013
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Pros
free lounches
Cons
regular working hours
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
This was a contract position.
Project / Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON, CAN3 March 2012
Was a very intense period of work-life.
The supervisor was a very hard task master and while he like to work 12 hours days; staff was expected to work equally long hours.