Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great culture and management!
Business District Intern (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2014
Was an amazing internship! Really beneficial to my career!
Good Company
Intern/Sales Associate/Stock Room Coordinator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2014
Good Company but be prepared to work long hard hours everyday.
Heavy work, salary not in proportion with the job description
United States Product Specialist D├ęcor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2014
Pros: the company has been there forever.
Cons: money, benefits and a not fun work to be!!
Is heavy lifting, a stressful place, no great medical benefits, management is political and systematical, co-workers are just out of motivation, really they need a better job culture.
Good company to work for
KSU marketing (Former Employee), manhattan, ksJune 25, 2014
Good job out of college for sales experience and face to face customer service
Great Company to work for
wharehouse manager (Former Employee), Shawnee OklahomaJune 23, 2014
great company to work for. great compensation for employees.
Management was very kind
Paint mixer (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 21, 2014
This job wasn't that bad. I actually like working there, but when it came to winter time business was slow. I just couldn't get by with the hours I was getting. Unless you were full-time you couldn't get the hours.
Good job but if you want to advance it is not for you
Paint Blender (Current Employee), East Moline, ILJune 19, 2014
The best part of the job is the schedule. It is first shift M-F and two 15 min paid breaks. No overtime is offered and it should be sometimes.
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Auburn, ALJune 18, 2014
Sherwin Williams is a good company to work for but I question the management.
Great place for career in management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clute, TXJune 13, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: it takes a while to move up.
This company has great training, benefits and potential for advancement.
Slow paced company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Justice, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: work life balance, benefits
Cons: money, slow paced
Relaxed culture
Not great pay but not stressful
Small company feeling
Sherwin Williams
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Amherst, OHJune 9, 2014
Duties: Tinting paints & stains, running register, dealing with opening and closing charge accounts, counting down drawers, making deposits, dealing with paint sprayers and other things realated to paint & stain realated areas. Organizing and cleaning office and store. Ran P O S Sherwin Williams systems. Lifts over 100 lbs dealing with paints and stains – more... along with masonary products, resolving customer complaints, answering phone calls. – less
Great Company to work for:
Chemist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 9, 2014
Pros: stock plan matching
One of the top Fortune 100 Companys, we have a high level of internal promotions available due to career paths being outlined and planned out, the turnover of employees is relatively low, probably under 15% across the nation, we have a good incentive plan bonus, the salaries are competitive, and the benefits are of great quality. Sherwin Williams gives – more... financial support to various non-profit organizations in the communities.
Also, the level of Safety is very highly practiced here at SW, which is the most important factor in our line of work. – less
Productive work environment with ability for advancement.
Sales Associate/Key holder (Former Employee), TrotwoodJune 5, 2014
Pros: huge discounts, flexible hours.
Cons: no breaks.
A typical day at work consisted of me coming in and working the paint section of the store. I would open and close the store by myself normally and had large amounts of responsibility. With a good work ethic this was a great part time job.
Great staff
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJune 5, 2014
A great responsible employer, recommended, 401k package is a plus.
Great company for recent grads
PSG Intern (Former Employee), Newark, NYJune 4, 2014
Decent pay and good work/life balance. I enjoyed what I learned here.
Make new friends
Cashier (Former Employee), Det, MIJune 3, 2014
Work with men alot, usually get different customers. Able to meet new individuals.
Productive and stressless environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), green brook new jerseyJune 2, 2014
I currently work at Sherwin Williams in Greenbrook NJ as a driver that delivers paint to various locations throughout the day. My day starts when I get an address sent to the handheld device that tells me the address where I have to deliver paint. I then follow the directions given to me by the handheld device to the location where I deliver the paint – more... to the customer. During down time when I do not have any delivers I assist in the store where needed. Some of the duties I help with in the store consist of answering customer questions, help move merchandise, and stock supplies.

So far I have gained valuable skills while working at Sherwin Williams and continue to learn and perfect my skills. Customer service skills are important to have in almost any profession but especially in management. Working as a driver for Sherwin Williams has allowed me to improve my customer service skills through interaction with contractors and other customers when I deliver paint and help in the store.

A good management team not only executes their daily functions but also cares for their employees and ensures that they are happy in their work environment.

The most challenging part of my job is time management. It is extremely important to be on time when delivering the paint. If I am late it will cause the customer to think of Sherwin Williams negatively and can result in a loss of repeat business. Although time management can be the most challenging it can also be the most gratifying. Trying to get to destination on time can be difficult when faced with obstacles that you cannot control. However, it is exciting to use problem solving skills to find a solution in a difficult situation. – less
Hard work leads to career success.
Management (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no time for anything else, but work.
Working at Sherwin Williams is a balance of antiquated methods to gain sales with the ability to manage a warehouse, people, customer service and the needs of each individual account that vary on how they are serviced.
Great Resume
District Coordinator - Administrative (Former Employee), Evansville, IndianaMay 29, 2014
Great company to work for. Great benefits, great management team. Good pay with great flexibility.
sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2014
Pros: training and easy job
Cons: not a lot of money
Great company to work for and the training was top notch. I loved traveling and teaching stores about the products. I was also able to teach paint techniques and merchandise. I worked independently unless it we had a trade show or a work shop. I met with my boss once a month but was able to touch base by telephone daily.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos