Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to grow with.
Warehouse Tech. (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great hours, excellent safety programs, good management
Cons: hot in the summers and cold in the winters.
It is fast past and physically demanding but the company takes care of there employees. I could not be happier.
Would not recommend
Key Holder (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOOctober 13, 2014
Pros: contractor lunches and conferences
Cons: work/life balance and no latteral movement.
This job is great for college grads and anyone with a college degree. Not family friendly and horrible work/life balance. No breaks and eat on the go. Exposure to chemicals and nasty contractors who yell at you when it is someone else's fault.
Loved working with a friendly staff
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IndianaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: very friendly store staff, benefits, advancement
Cons: no breaks, impossible to have an outside of work life, frustrating contractors
Great company, tons of advancement opportunities, and great people.

However, horrible work/life balance. Lots of back to back closing/opening by yourself, stuck working lots of weekends. Missed lots family events because of work (because they were mainly on weekends and could not request off), including lots of holidays. I brought it up to corporate, – more... but they explained that it was simply just the positions responsibilities. Very easy to say when the office is closed all weekends and holidays if you ask me, but seniority had the upper hand to choose if they wanted to work weekends for some reason, therefore they never had to.

Very few contractors respected the staff. I worked with very hard-working/smart people and they, including myself, were stepped on and looked over a lot. It was something that just came with the job and you find out very early so you can decide if you can handle it. Some can, and some can't. If you have a lot of patience and are able to brush off comments, you will be completely fine. Can't take a lot of stuff that they say to you seriously..

Was not this way when I started with the company, my schedule in the beginning was a lot more set and very easy to work with. I don't know what happened. They take very, very good care of their employees, but strictly only if it's related to work. I really wish it wasn't this way because I was really, really happy there. – less
productive work environment
Store Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2014
Pros: top management is easy to work with
Cons: team leader is unprofessional
I enjoy the staff and the learning opportunities that you have
great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Groves, TXOctober 8, 2014
The MIT Program was amazing! Unfortunately I had to leave the company though due to a back injury.
A Day At Sherwin
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Massapequa, NYOctober 7, 2014
160 Face to Face calls with customers per month, 2 servicing stores, the most enjoyable part of the day is finding new customers and getting sales. Too much micromanaging and meetings that take you out of the field too often.
productive enviroment
MILL OPERATOR (Current Employee), Chicago Heigts, ILOctober 6, 2014
I learned good team work. Things around there ran smoothly and there was always room to grow.
Great place to work, not as stressful
Sales and Marketing Internship (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexable work hour, 40% off, and family discount. used as internship credit
Cons: n.a
There is a lot of opportunity of advancement with this company. Unfortunately the position i wanted was not available when I graduated college, so i ended up taking another opportunity.

The higher management was great, and very active. This company was not afraid to give responsibility if showed we can handle it. thats what i liked.
Great work place
3rd key manager (Former Employee), Eustis, FLOctober 6, 2014
enjoyed working here! great benefits and company structure!
Productive and fun enviroment to work in
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KansasOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, gift cards, and 40% off
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would include helping general contractors and homeowners with color selections and matches. I also have to speak face to face with sales reps and go over new and changed prices for customers and their accounts. My co workers and manager are wonderful and make working at Sherwin Williams fun and
it was cool working for sherwin williams.
painter (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHOctober 2, 2014
Pros: it kept me busy.
Cons: n/a
I liked working at Sherwin Williams. Because I learned a lot about painting whatever is on the inside of an house. it gave me skills that I can use on a daily basics.
Hard working environment. Warehouse work.
Employee (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
Typical day, Clock in, go straight to the back of the warehouse and start processing orders, manually mixing paint, then shaking paint, remove pallets with forklift and move to docks for delivery.

I learned how to mix paint, how to drive a forklift, and how to shake gallons of paint.

Management was friendly and helpful.

Co-workers were easy and fun – more... to get along with, never had a conflict with anybody.

Hardest part of the job would have been lifting 20 Gallon paint buckets, one after the other for about 30 minutes non-stop.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers always helping each other out. – less
fun place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Seneca, SCSeptember 30, 2014
best job to have should have never moved to a new job. Everyone was fun to work with.
productive fun work enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2014
there is fast pace moments and slow pace moments, but everyone works together and has fun.
Good pay and benefits. Were very supportive during my military deployment.
Batch Maker/Mixer (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: constant exposure to chemicals gave me migraines which ultimately led to my dismissal from the job
Company was a great place to work, and even paid me the difference between my military base pay and their wages while I was deployed.
No longer exists
employee (Former Employee), Bedford, OHSeptember 25, 2014
Is now known as vandevere chevrolet. It was a turbulent high turn over place during my employment
fun, fact paced environment, different challenges everyday
DECORATIVE PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), syracuse, nySeptember 23, 2014
- fast paced team work in customer service
-personal attention to the customer, caring makes difference
-management is good and they like to promote from within
-co-workers are friendly and like to make the day enjoyable for all
-hardest part is the gossip within the district
- color consults outside of store; knowing you have helped someone
great learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), El Dorado, KSSeptember 22, 2014
I learned a great deal about paint, wallpaper, and other chemical products. This was a part-time position that allowed me to be a full-time mom.
Very good company to work for.
Commercialization Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2014
This company has very good structure and people to make an efficient and productive work day.
Always room to advance!
Assistant Operation/Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmond, OKSeptember 19, 2014
Very good company to work for. Lots of advancement opportunities, great pay and benefits, and looks good on your resume. The hours of operation is not the best. Closes at 7pm everyday including SUNDAY!

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos