Sherwin-Williams Employee Reviews

Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver BC4 June 2017
Excellent company to work for. Great benefits and a lot of support from managers. Bonus for salary positions. If you are willing to relocate, you will advance. I enjoyed my time with this company and would highly recommend to individuals who are just starting out in their careers. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.
Fast paced environment with great personalities. Great place to learn or improve on new skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 May 2017
Arrive early and immediate greet customers and take orders whether it be over the phone or in person. We would then have to process the sale so cashier skills were required as well. During my time there I learned a lot about paint, how to manufacture them as well as basic customer service and cashier duties. The culture was great, surrounded by great and helpful personalities all day. Everyone was definitely a team player. The hardest part of the job was trying to deal with lots of customers when only a few people were staffed and dealing with technical questions I wasn't sure of. Aside from that, my experience at Sherwin-Williams was very good.
Pros
Great environment to be in.
Cons
Often times understaffed after morning shift leaves.
No work/life balance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2017
No work/life balance, Good benefits,
Not value it's employee and focus only on shareholder profit
Fantastic experience to take to another company
Bonus hard to attain.
Benefits
Cons
Growing company with many opportunities. Local management is wonderful
Training Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2017
Workplace environment is rather young therefore great employer for recent graduates and emerging leaders. Lots of advancement especially for participants in the Management Training Program! Fantastic way to fast-track a career for anyone. Welcoming of individuals redefining their careers in a new industry. Knowledge acquired can easily transfer to another industry or even one's personal life.
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
Great place to work as part-time opportunity during college years with the possibility of moving on to the "MTP" trainee position upon graduation. Definitely recommend
Pros
Management, culture
Cons
stressful at times
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 February 2017
management don't care about you, only store performance. they favor people over others. district managers don't support the store. keep only part time staff, so they don't have to pay benefits.
Great place to work at
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
Work/Life balance gets hard. Great people and management. Workplace culture helps to motivate you. Hardest part can be learning all the products.
wouldnt recommend
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
very poor work life balance due to lack of staff and a district unwilling support stores. Lack of culture due to staff constantly leaving
high expectations, good salary
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2017
- working envirnment is very professional
- limited corporate suppport
- limited work life balance
- good salary and benefits
- did not spend enough time with company to create an objective opinion
Pros
salary
Cons
work life balance
Accommodating
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 January 2017
Manager was unreal, was a student at the time allowed me to work around classes. Pay was subpar, not a big fan of paint. Some scandalous drama between companies was nice to be a part of.
Good atmosphere, low salary and little advancement
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 October 2016
I have worked with Sherwin Williams for three months, the store manager and assistant store manager are nice, the most interesting things are tinting the gallons of paints to the customers. The hardest time is carrying all of the boxes and pills to the right place in every week's warehouse stock. But the salary and benefits of part time employees are very bad, only the minimum payment without any commissions.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Low salaries, little advancement
Review
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
I enjoy the company but I wish they would offer benefits to part time employees. This is why I am looking for a different opportunity.

My time has been enjoyable.
Great place for experience
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2016
Great place to learn about running your own business and how to deal with retail customers. Very demanding and long hours per week. Overall, a good company to work for so long as you are willing to work hard and go the extra mile to be successful.
No interview don't bother
?? (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 August 2016
Even when you have certification in interior design and arts degree, they still won't arrange a interview. Yes I'm leaving this review in hopes that a job you have been trying to fill for four months in grande prairie gets filled by someone who has no clue in color matching, tinting and good customer service
Poor Upper Management and Dishonest Company
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2016
I had worked for Sherwin Williams for 2 years and had nothing but trouble. The Management lies constantly to you buy dangling career advancements in your face and telling you that you need to do certain tasks to get those positions. Once you've over work yourself to complete the tasks given, the job opportunity never happens. They will hire an unqualified employee above you (for the same position you've applied for) and then you will have to train that person. In my experience the company never told any of the interview candidates that they did not receive a position, you would just see the new employee start working in your store and it created a lot of hostility towards the new co worker. The Management of the store I was in would be too open with customers and they would let the customers know the inside operations of the business as well as information about employees work behavior and personal life. The contractors at Sherwin were way to involved in the company "Drama" and "Politics" it is like nothing I have ever seen before. After leaving Sherwin Williams I still to this day hear false rumors being spread about me by the store Management, members or the Sales Team and other Store Employees. The Management has the team brain washed into thinking something that is far from the truth. If you ever going to apply for this company all I have to say is Good Luck or RUN as fast as you can. I'm glad I had left this company when I did.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Bad Management. No Full Time positions. False promises. Minimum pay for the hard work you do.
Productive workplace with helpful management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterdown, ON26 May 2016
I learned a wide variety of knowledgeable information regarding paints and stains. I provide useful suggestions to customers depending on their individual needs relating to what type of paints they should be utilizing and how to properly apply them.
run from this company, don't look back, hide and don't ever regret it
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada26 April 2016
I learned how back stabbing and petty politics can be confused for a viable business model.

Management was a joke. We used to call the 'superiors' who would come from the states to inspect our stores seagulls. They fly in (on their private jets) %^&*( all over everyone and then leave.

Co-workers thought finding fault and petty judgements were what they were paid for. Just reflecting upper management of passing crapp along the line.

People, can we say TEAMWORK.

Hardest part of the job. start of the day.

Best part of the job. end of the day...and paychecks.
Pros
good benefits package
Cons
everything but good benefits package
Productive work enviroment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 March 2016
Helping customers with all their painting needs. Learning about new products and the contractors job needs. My Co-workers are great to work with as we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is being called stupid, an idiot or a moron; to the customers; by the management. The best part about the job is working with the customers.
Pros
Helping and talking with customers
Cons
Management has no sensitivity training to deal with employees.
High pace work environment with a group of like-minded, likeable people
Branch Warehouser and Colour Mixer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 March 2016
- High pace working environment
- Always on the go/always something to do
- Great group of coworkers
- Very physically demanding job
- Multi-tasking job
Pros
Great group of coworkers
Cons
low pay
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager - Richmond, Burnaby, Vancouver (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC27 January 2016
-customer service, tinting paint for customers, handling projects for large contractors, handling cash
-working under pressure, meeting deadlines, creating strong bonds with contractors and making them feel comfortable with my store and staffs
-excellent team work, working as a team and creating a happy work environment
-product failures, dealing with claims
-providing excellent service to exiting and new customers. working in a team is always fun.
Pros
national sales event free trips once a year.
Cons
long week hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sherwin-Williams. Our community is ready to answer.