Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good work atmosphere
Line Operator (Current Employee), grimsby OnatrioApril 23, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: bad management
I really enjoyed my experience at Sherwin Williams Canada. But found no oppurtunities for any advancement.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no room to breathe
The people that work for Sherwin Williams are all great people. But they are very strict with enforcing policy and the higher ups leave almost no room you to enjoy your time at the company.

That being said the customers and the people on the ground floor are great.
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, limited stimulation
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: long hours with little support.
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the very thankful customers
Cons: slow days
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). – more... The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s). – less
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: less hours in the winter
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee), Spanish town roadJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: regular working hours
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
This was a contract position.
Project / Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ON, CANMarch 3, 2012
Was a very intense period of work-life.
The supervisor was a very hard task master and while he like to work 12 hours days; staff was expected to work equally long hours.

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos