Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
mixing paint for life
Third Key holder (Former Employee), surrey BCMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: only part time
Easy days usually. its retail with mainly contractors as customers. Good hands on training and education on paints and what they do, and what to recommend. Easy parts were helping customers. toughest part was doing weekly stock by yourself. Had fun with co workers and team. nice location, near everything.
good work atmosphere
Line Operator (Current Employee), grimsby OnatrioApril 23, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: bad management
I really enjoyed my experience at Sherwin Williams Canada. But found no oppurtunities for any advancement.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no room to breathe
The people that work for Sherwin Williams are all great people. But they are very strict with enforcing policy and the higher ups leave almost no room you to enjoy your time at the company.

That being said the customers and the people on the ground floor are great.
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, limited stimulation
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: long hours with little support.
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the very thankful customers
Cons: slow days
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). – more... The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s). – less
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: less hours in the winter
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee), Spanish town roadJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: regular working hours
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
This was a contract position.
Project / Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ON, CANMarch 3, 2012
Was a very intense period of work-life.
The supervisor was a very hard task master and while he like to work 12 hours days; staff was expected to work equally long hours.
Not Bad for an Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Menifee, CAAugust 14, 2014
This internship can provide the path to advance if you work hard.
As an intern you learn the whole aspect of the business, including the labor portion. Not glamorous, but there are pros and cons to any organization. Pros: $12 an hour, professionalism, great people. Cons: Not glamorous, sometimes bad management, lots of product knowledge. This internship – more... had a project at the end of the 7-10 weeks and I suggest trying hard to gather resources and information to give the best presentation you can. Travel to Dallas, TX is sometimes a plus for this internship. Would recommend. – less
Good Benefits
Manager, Assistant Manager, Full time (Former Employee), TexasAugust 14, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and great customers
Cons: no room for advancement
Its the only job i have had, other than Champion Homes in my entire adult life. I promoted as far as i could without a Degree. Great benefits and good employees.
Productive and Fun place
Temp Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 11, 2014
Great place to work with great benifits, but i was tempoary.
Productive company to work for
EDI PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 10, 2014
My position was not what I expected
Mostly data entry and not very challenging
I needed more work tasks
This was a part-time position
A company with its ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vincennes, INAugust 10, 2014
Pros: assistant manager as well as customers were great, often making the job fun to do.
Cons: the management.
Sherwin-Williams has a tendency to leave things on the table. By that, I mean there are things they could improve on. Scouting of management candidates is a start. The first manager I worked for was ok. He was someone who could make the job fun, but could also have his off days. The replacement... Not so much... She was extremely lazy, often brought – more... her personal problems to work, often effecting her ability to do her job. She has a tendency to talk down to customers, which in turn made many customers shy away from shopping with us. Most of all, she was in NO WAY a team player. Often leaving most of the work to myself and the assistant manager while she sat in her office texting away on her cell phone. Another point of contention, was lack of benefits. They offer no benefits to their part time employees which was another part of the reason I could no longer stay on. I finally had to leave in January 2014, as the situation did not improve, but got worse. – less
fun and great company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Okmulgee, OKAugust 6, 2014
Sherwin Williams is a great company to work for they appreciate their employees they go above and beyond
okay
Key Holder (Former Employee), East Aurora, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: learn alot
Great first real job experience. LEarn alot about customer service. Learning point of sale system. Closing and opening the store.
Excellent CO-OP experience
Cost Accounting Co-Op (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of career advancement
This is a great way to establish experience in the business world while completing a degree. Very friendly work environment. Great flexibility with your work hours.
my experence
Lead Warehouser / Driver (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room to move up in company
i have had a decent experience, it is an okay place to work and they provide good benefits. However there is not a lot of room to move up in the company. also the manager focuses more on sales and the amount per sale.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos