Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, limited stimulation
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: long hours with little support.
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the very thankful customers
Cons: slow days
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). – more... The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s). – less
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: less hours in the winter
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee), Spanish town roadJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: regular working hours
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
Good workplace and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 17, 2014
Enjoy my job everyday, but looking to move on to something else.
Learned a lot about inventory management, as well as great time management day in and day out.
very physically demanding
Third Key Holder (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOApril 16, 2014
the manager was not available and left me to train and run the store without recieving pay
GREAT GREAT GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Assistant Branch Manager/Floating Branch Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 9, 2014
Pros: money, location, hours......
Cons: shortage on new stores opening/ very little room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of this job was customizing automotive paints for customers other paint stores could not achieve, and the joy of the customers when i finished. That alone was payment in itself.
Fast paced work environment
MTP/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2014
While working at Sherwin Williams the typical day can be pretty fast paced. Assistant managers have to learn everything from product knowledge to marketing and different business functions. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the problems from the different customers daily. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships mad from different – more... people on a daily basis. – less
Productive and demanding job environment.
Lead Sales Associate & Key Carrier (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 31, 2014
The daily requirements of this job were mixing paint, color matching custom paints, unloading stock from trucks, and dealing with contractors.
Good
Decorative Product Specialist (Current Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMarch 28, 2014
working as a sales associat. Co-workers where great love working with them. Managment was great always was there when needed.
Great atmosphere overall
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, co-workers
Cons: little work/life balance
Overall, it is a great place to work. There is always something to learn, which keeps you focused and engaged in what you are doing. Typically, depending on the location, you are specializing in different markets (painters, furniture finishers, etc.). Co-workers are generically pretty easy to get along with, and everyone is readily available to help – more... you with anything you may need. The hardest part I would say is the customers that you sometimes deal with, but that is to be expected with any customer service position. Overall, some of the people you work with and deal with are the best part. – less
Productive work place.
Gasser Operator (Former Employee), Bedford, OHMarch 27, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: short breaks
Great company to work for, offered alot of extras for their employees, offered alot of overtime and great pay.
enjoyed working there
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Richmond,KyMarch 27, 2014
I enjoyed that the work enviroment was delightful. I would work there again if possible
Great job, good learning program and excellent benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Bellaire, TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: benefits & job security
Cons: long hours & not many holidays
This company is a great company to start with and stay with. If it is something you find interest in you can stay with this company for the rest of your life if you wanted to. The benefits are some of the best.
Very positive working enviroment and nice customers.
3rd Key Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: discount on merchandise
Cons: no growth within the company
A typical day will start with our commercial customer who comes in for there morning coffee to start their day. While drinking there coffee we gain some conversation of what they have in store for there day. During the conversation there order is being prepared by me or one of my associates. Once there order is finished we help them if needed with there – more... merchandise to there car. That is the beginning of our day. My position in-title more responsibility during a work day. The position as third key withheld responsibility of opening and closing during store hours. All associate also had to have forklift training and no how to handle hazardous materials which we took tests for. When we receive our weekly truck of merchandise we will have to be able to unload the truck with a forklift into inventory. Once our merchandise is received and counted for it's stocked in the warehouse and showcased on the show room floor. That was the hardest part of the job. The easy part was to prepare the orders when there were customers in the store. What I enjoyed was interacting with different customers throughout the day. My co-workers was the reason why twelve years went by so fast working there. They made the work seem effortless by keeping a positive vibe at the workplace. – less
fun
Store Manager (Current Employee), .March 21, 2014
interacte wit customers mix paint picking out colorsproduct knowledge
For a first timer in retai, and as a first internship, really great place to work
Intern (Former Employee), Dubuque, IAMarch 18, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, got to learn managerial duties
Cons: erratic break schedule, could be boring at times
As title says, this was my first time in a retail job and it was an experience to say the least. I did not hate it but it was certainly not my cup of tea. The job itself was great. I did learn a lot everyday and could see myself working there. As an internship it was a little lacking but as my first example of an internship I felt it was a great introduction.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos