Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
mixing paint for life
Third Key holder (Former Employee), surrey BCMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: only part time
Easy days usually. its retail with mainly contractors as customers. Good hands on training and education on paints and what they do, and what to recommend. Easy parts were helping customers. toughest part was doing weekly stock by yourself. Had fun with co workers and team. nice location, near everything.
good work atmosphere
Line Operator (Current Employee), grimsby OnatrioApril 23, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: bad management
I really enjoyed my experience at Sherwin Williams Canada. But found no oppurtunities for any advancement.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no room to breathe
The people that work for Sherwin Williams are all great people. But they are very strict with enforcing policy and the higher ups leave almost no room you to enjoy your time at the company.

That being said the customers and the people on the ground floor are great.
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, limited stimulation
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: long hours with little support.
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the very thankful customers
Cons: slow days
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). – more... The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s). – less
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: less hours in the winter
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee), Spanish town roadJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: regular working hours
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
This was a contract position.
Project / Product Coordinator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ON, CANMarch 3, 2012
Was a very intense period of work-life.
The supervisor was a very hard task master and while he like to work 12 hours days; staff was expected to work equally long hours.
good work place
Assistant Market Manager (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 17, 2014
Manage accounts, learned sales, good co workers, long hours
Productive and fun work enviroment.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: the work schedule fits prefect
Cons: only part time
Very fun enviroment, productive, keeps me busy and working and job security.
Sales
Sales Associate - Part Time (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good hours and benefits
Cons: job advancement
Opened and closed store. Ran the store alone on somedays. Made lead generation sales calls. Sold paint to customers. Started accounts for customers. Matched paint and stains for customers.
Formulating experience
Q.C. Chemist, Plant Chemist, Development Chemist (Former Employee), Columbus OHSeptember 10, 2014
Challenging projects
Formulating products
Agreeable management
Reasonable co-workers
Solving process problems
Completing projects in timely manner
Seems to be a dead end
Store Associate (Current Employee), East CoastSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on paint
Cons: favorites played with promitions/hiring from within
I have worked for this company for over 2 years. I have gone in early, stayed late and generally busted my hump for the entirety.

While the people working in the store understand the every day struggle, upper management is delusional and wants you to drink their cool-aid.

I have interviewed 3 separate times for promotions and got turned down each – more... time for some absurd reasoning, only for them to hire someone off the street with no experience. It is incredibly frustrating and disheartening to be given no opportunity for growth. My positive feelings about the company are non-existant.

That being said, if you get your foot in the door, it's a great company to work for and there are great benefits. But be prepared to wait an incredibly long time for any advancement if you aren't one of their "pets." – less
Productive and laid back place to work
Finance Intern in the Accounts Payable Department (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment, amazing experience
Cons: repetitive work
My day started off with checking emails from different sites and vendors and I would process the invoices they sent me or answered the questions they had regarding accounts. Then I would go to our mailboxes and process invoices into our Oracle Processing System. The second part of my day I would work on the open receiver report. This was the hardest – more... job because I had to figure out why we had open dollars on our books. The atmosphere in the office was amazing. Everyone was relaxed and I was able to go to anyone for questions that I had. – less
more technical than most retail
paint maker (Former Employee), Frisco, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: didnt like the customers
i enoyed making paint it was fun, my only complaint would be working in a hot warehouse on same days doing inventory
managenet and co-workers are enjoyable and frendly, very supportuive
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: 401k, hoildays (limited)other benifits are if you are fultime, very flrxable with work hours for partime.
Cons: not enough fulltime postions
After arriving at work I make sure any stock in warehouse which has been received is placed in proper location. Make sure forklift has been charged and ready for that days use. Remove all trash and sweep if necessary.
Support showroom staff to pull proper paint or sundries needed for the orders and help customer to load their purchase.
Management is – more... working position and both the manager and assistant are required to work directly with the customer and they are very knowledgeable of the materiel which Sherwin Williams has available to support the internal; sales and the outside sales reps. The co-wokers other than the management are part time and are looking to work their way to a full time position which is either management our sales reps. If there was a hard part it would be having to life 5 gallons of paint and stack in three's for the warehouse stock. But since that is part of the job and I choose to work there it is all in a days work and I am thankful to have a job. – less
Productive work enviroment
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 5, 2014
Pros: not unemployed
Cons: contractors that don't quite tell you exactly how they applied product.
Like greeting contractors/friends in morning. Usually strong work force of painter waiting for me when I open. You never know what will be asked of you as far as color, type of paint, and all aspects of coating application.
Enjoy working with fellow team members. Also like to see retail customers leave with the knowledge that they can successfully accomplish – more... their painting project. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos