Sherwin-Williams

Sherwin-Williams Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
mixing paint for life
Third Key holder (Former Employee), surrey BCMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: only part time
Easy days usually. its retail with mainly contractors as customers. Good hands on training and education on paints and what they do, and what to recommend. Easy parts were helping customers. toughest part was doing weekly stock by yourself. Had fun with co workers and team. nice location, near everything.
good work atmosphere
Line Operator (Current Employee), grimsby OnatrioApril 23, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: bad management
I really enjoyed my experience at Sherwin Williams Canada. But found no oppurtunities for any advancement.
Great people to work with
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: no room to breathe
The people that work for Sherwin Williams are all great people. But they are very strict with enforcing policy and the higher ups leave almost no room you to enjoy your time at the company.

That being said the customers and the people on the ground floor are great.
Typical Day
Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours, limited stimulation
Due to the nature of the business, people with higher education will often feel unchallenged and over managed. Although the job does teach you fundamental management skills, it is not meant for University Business graduates.
Great People; Onerous Support
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great people and environment
Cons: long hours with little support.
In my two years with Sherwin I have found myself the sole full time employee for a store open seven days a week, thirteen hours a day. The works is good, the people are great, the customers are awesome for the most part - but they can't keep the staff they need to support the rest of the employees. Great opportunity for bonus and advancement.
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: the very thankful customers
Cons: slow days
Working at Sherwin Williams allows for you to interact with different customers on a daily basis and help answer any questions they may have, while working with great people. You learn all the important facts about painting and painting techniques which can be passed to the customers. You have great support from a friendly team of co-workers/manager(s). – more... The most difficult part of the job is dealing with frustrated customers, thankfully there are not many of them. The most enjoyable part is the comfortable work environment: the customers that really appreciate your help, the friendly co-workers and the supportive manager(s). – less
Good training
PT Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: good team work
Cons: less hours in the winter
I joined Sherwin-Williams knowing absolutely nothing about paints and primers. Over my days of training I've learned more than what I would have expected. With that being said I can now recommend paints and primers tailored to the customer's needs.
Fun job, good people to work with
Driver (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 28, 2013
During my time at Sherwin Williams i had the opportunity to travel to different places in the southwestern ontario region which helped with my current job. Sherwin Williams was a good place to work, however my position there held no terms of advancement.
This company is a very good company helps in tremendous ways while working i grasp a lot of info and knowledge.
Automotive repaire (Former Employee), Spanish town roadJuly 15, 2013
Pros: free lounches
Cons: regular working hours
While working there i enjoy using the machine i was never exposed to. Also they have a very friendly management staff and my co workers are very very friendly. May hardest part of the jobs is when am always misunderstanding the spraying techniques. The most enjoyable part is when am spraying and always getting it right.
Excellent Company to work for
District Collector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 7, 2013
Fast paced
All aspects of collections
Management was very helpful and the working enviornment in general was very nice.
The hardest part of the job was leaving.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my job and working with a great team.
my experence
Lead Warehouser / Driver (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no room to move up in company
i have had a decent experience, it is an okay place to work and they provide good benefits. However there is not a lot of room to move up in the company. also the manager focuses more on sales and the amount per sale.
Good Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCJuly 29, 2014
I really dont have very much to say other than that i loved working there and my work enviroment was awesome. loved my coworkers and just had and exrtremely good experience there
What You Put in is What You Get
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: company provides excellent training, great middle/ upper management team.
Cons: nothing
You're typical day at work start at 6:15AM, some times earlier. You start out as an assistant manager in a small volume store and work your way up to bigger volume stores; eventually, becoming store manager. There are times you learn as you go, but the company does a great job with in-store and out of store sales support to help make your job easier. – more... The best part working at Sherwin Williams is the relationships you build between your B2B customers and your local outside sales rep. The hardest part of the job would be double digit budget goals- but with hard work and utilizing your resources, it's not that bad. – less
GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR, TAKES CARE OF ITS EMPLOYEES
DECORATIVE PRODUCT SPECIALIST/PART-TIME (Current Employee), Monroe, GAJuly 27, 2014
ALL AREAS OF RETAIL SALES, MULTIPLE AREAS FOR ADVANCEMENT. CLASSES AVAILABLE FOR TRAINING IN ALL AREAS. GREAT BENEFITS.
Great staff to work with, would prefer a different clientele.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Irmo, SCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: staff, paid lunch breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons: lift at least 100 pounds 50 times a day, clientele, hours, having to work weekends and holidays
I've worked for Sherwin Williams for three years. I love the people I work with, I have the best manager and assistant manager. However, the clientele is less than desirable. The hours are also hard to live with (6:45-6 shifts 4 days a week and weekends). They do offer a lot of advancement opportunities, but it's very hard to get out of a store. The – more... hardest part about the job is being a woman in a man's world. I get no respect from the customers that come in, especially the ones that have been in the business for ten plus years. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great staff. We all get along and hang out outside of work. I've made best friends at Sherwin Williams. – less
Great management experience
Store Manager (Current Employee), Olean, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good pay, great benefits, great colleagues
Cons: work 55-65 hours per week, rare lunch breaks.
Good experience in managing a business and sales. A typical day involves many things like: mixing paint, growing business by making sales calls, human resources, customer interaction, inventory management, retail and commercial transactions etc... Hardest part of the job is to maintain work/life balance with working 55-65 hours per week with many days – more... of not getting to eat lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. – less
Okay Part-Time Job
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chico, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: excellent customer service learning environment
Cons: terrible upper management, constantly understaffed stores
Learned sales/customer service skills rather quickly because they throw you out there with no formal training.
Management was kind to the employees.
Hardest part would be dealing with customer/contractor overload. Constantly had an understaffed store especially on sales weekends.
laughing and enjoying the co-workers conversation about there weekend
Order puller / Stock Clerk (Former Employee), memphis,tnJuly 22, 2014
the hardest part of a job is working as a team and I learn how to do paper work for each essembly lines and learn how to get alone with your co-workers and the most enjoyable part of the job is to get alone with one another at the end of the day while doing your job.
great benifites if your full time
Third Key Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Pros: quick advancements
Cons: dm
as a part timer i dont get benefits but quick place for advancement
Outstanding Customer Service
Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Sherwin Williams is great place to work. Typical day is processing
orders, inspecting jobs for quality , customer satisfaction, p&l analysis, training and coaching employees and installer,setting goals and expectations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sherwin-Williams

No matter how you coat it, Sherwin-Williams is one of the largest paint manufacturers in the US and worldwide (along with Akzo-Nobel, – Read more

Sherwin-Williams Photos