The Dispatcher is responsible for the scheduling and dispatch of drivers. The Dispatcher's responsibilities also consist of assigning drivers to trucks and providing accurate directions to pickup and delivery facilities. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Schedule and dispatch trucks, with goal to book the most timely service possible
- Direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers
- Provide accurate directions for pickup and delivery services
- Schedule and dispatch workers and drivers to appropriate locations according to requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from drivers and supervisors using telephones or two-way radios.
- Track shipments from pickup through delivery for accurate, up-to-date information can be provided regarding any shipment
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Receive and process transportation requirement requests from customers
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as required
- 3 years experience in a simmilar role
- Advanced computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Word
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible, able to deal with change
- Strong attention to detail
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We offer a competitive compensation package, room for progression and a great working environment. Email your resume.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Sherway Group is an asset-based, full service, customized logistics and supply chain solutions provider that includes Rock City Cartage,...