Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications and Programming
The SSUI represents all full-time and day part-time fee paying students at Sheridan College. The SSUI is responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare and interest of the membership of the Student Body of Sheridan, whether academic, intellectual, cultural, social, athletic or otherwise in accordance to individual needs.
The Senior Manager, Marketing, Communications and Programming is responsible for developing, coordinating and administering the SU’s communication, marketing, and programming to maximize members’ awareness of the organization, its objectives and services.
The incumbent must be professional, self-motivated, have a positive attitude and be comfortable dealing daily with a variety of client audiences including students, faculty, staff, and members of the community at large in an open office environment. It is essential that the incumbent have excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills. The incumbent must be able to work independently with a keen attention to detail, and also collaboratively in a team environment, and have a keen interest in promoting and supporting SSUI marketing initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Oversee Managers in the Marketing, Communications and Programming department including
recruitment, selection, training, orientation, supervision, performance evaluations, discipline etc.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with the campus community
- Prepare and monitor the annual and long term Marketing, Communications and Programming budgets and forecasts
- In coordination with the Executive Director and Senior Manager, Finance, develop an annual operating budget
Marketing and Communications
- Contribute to proactive marketing and communication plans that support our divisional business and marketing objectives, and engage and appeal to our core audiences
- Produce and disseminate media notifications and news releases to off- and on-campus media with respect to activities and events as required by the SSUI
- Design and execute market research such as surveys and focus groups based on SSUI strategic priorities
- Analyse customer behaviour and industry trends to aid in the development of marketing strategies that better suit the community campaigns, ensuring branding consistency, and monitoring acceptable use
- Create the SSUI Annual Report under the advisement of the President and General Manager
- Work closely with the Elections Committee, Chief Returning Officer and/or designates to ensure thorough promotion and engagement of students in the general election process
- Work closely with students promoting campus awareness activities, services, clubs and volunteer recruitment efforts Manage part-time student marketing teams that promote all corporate, service and awareness activities of the SSUI
- Manage SSUI brands ensuring consistency and relevancy
- Provide technical assistance with consistent branding in order to ensure the professional presentation of documentation and related marketing materials
- Work closely with the President, Chair of the Board and General Manager to ensure promotion of corporate events including Annual General Meetings
- Develop and assist with the implementation of internal and external communication strategies for all departments and the SSUI Board
- Oversee Programming Manager
- Ensure all programming is planned with student feedback and diversity in mind
Sales and Sponsorship
- Develop advertising sales packages, and oversee the sale of advertising space in SSUI media properties
- Manage content and serve as Editor and Advertising Salesperson of the SSUI Annual Handbook
- Be responsible for ad sales directly related to the Sheridan Student Handbook, or any other SSUI marketing publication
- Responsible for building sponsorship packages for events and other opportunities where applicable
- Diploma or university degree in the field of marketing and communications;
- Minimum 2-5 years marketing and communications experience in either the education industry or a service industry;
- Professional work ethic, exercising good judgment, tact and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully meet deadlines
- Easily adapt to changing priorities (flexibility is essential)
- Proven attention to detail in a consistently accurate, fast and efficient manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge and familiarity with the post-secondary educational sector is an asset
- Experience in advertising sales
- Experience with conducting market research
- Experience in using and managing social media
- Ability to develop, write and produce a variety of business and marketing communications
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML & CSS considered an asset
Campus: Trafalgar (home office), Davis, STC and HMC
Hours: 37.5/ week, day and evening shifts required
Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Due to the demands of this position weeknight and weekend work may be required. Access to a vehicle is recommended.
Please forward all resumes to the attention of:
Mark Brotto, Senior Manager, Human Resources by: March 31, 2014
Please, no phone calls
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Sheridan Student Union Inc. welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People, and persons with disabilities.