Sheridan Nurseries

Sheridan Nurseries Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work with great employees
Carryout/ Maintenance (Former Employee), markham, OntarioMarch 25, 2014
I enjoyed my time at sheridan and the work was straight forward. It was easy to balance my job with my schoolwork and baseball schedule, but unfortunately as the summer season began my regular 3 shifts a week were not given to me. I enjoyed working with the other employee's around me and I learned a lot about plants and other outdoor products we sold – more... and by the end of my time there I felt that I was able to help customers on a regular basis and not worry about misinforming them or having to ask other employee's for assistance. – less
Fun Workplace
Sales, Custom Design (Former Employee), North YorkDecember 9, 2013
Pros: creative, fun, team effort
Cons: not organized, not enough training
A typical day would include checking to see if all orders are ready to go out for that day, setting up what needs to be delivered , helping customers, taking new orders, executing designs, plant care, visual merchandising and then clean up.
It was a fun workplace to work in. Great Team!
However, there wasn't enough training for the staff, so the managers – more... were over worked, and the employees were under worked, which made busy days really frustrating for both staff and customers. – less
Ok for temp/seasonal work for young teens
Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2013
Hard work but good co workers. Lots of lifting and very knowledge based.
Best Summer Job Ever
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2013
Pros: the company was run extremely well
Cons: peak season ends in july; employment isn't for very long
The best part of this job was having amazing co-workers and managers and getting to work outside in the nice weather.
Fun Workplace
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 7, 2012
Pros: me and my co-workers were lauging having a great time it was all amazeing
Cons: nothing was ever wrong
the staff were great very generous and kind hearted they became very close to me and they respected and i to them.the hours were long and there were goodtimes and everyone had good work ethic.
the management was great they taught me everything and show me what to do and how to do it. i loved it.
fun workplace with respectful people
Store Cleaner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: good workplace
Cons: not enough hours
The People were nice, management was respectful a typical day at work was cleaning the store and watering plants there was no hard part at work the only con was only working five hours i would've liked to do 8hrs. other then that it was fun.