Sheridan College Employee Reviews in Canada

Unique Opportunity I Was Given a Chance to Pilot
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
The SI Leadership was a pilot project that I had been chosen for as a leader within because I had shown considerable levels of skill in the program and earning high marks while maintaining a high level of sociability.

I was tasked with integrating myself into a class as a peer that had already completed a course in the past that had a higher rate of failure across the student body. I learnt how to be a leader and manage multiple minds at the same time who were working towards a common goal.

I would become a friend that they could come to for help, and would effectively teach a class or act as a tutor to the students that would be falling behind for whatever reason -- a secondary teacher essentially.

The hardest part was showing the students that they could succeed at it if they tried, despite the staggering amount of dropouts that the course had in the past. The most enjoyable part was being able to get through to the students and helping them along, real friendships were forged as a result.

It was mainly an independent environment, the meetings between those involved with the pilot project would be periodic and we'd go over the progress and whether or not the SI Leadership was worth investing further into.
Pros
Short hours, hands on, we are in complete control of what takes place
Cons
Roughly laid out (due to it being a new idea)
Internship at Sheridan College for Professional Work experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 1, 2016
Laid-back and easy going. Enjoyed designing the character and animating him in a 3D environment afterwards. Was in a small team of four to create a short animation promoting Sheridan College's new logo. I designed the character in 2d and was modeled by a coworker intern in 3d, rigged by a volunteer animation studio.

The character was animated into two different shorts involving the Sheridan 'S' logo. I was thrilled that my design was brought to life in a 3D approach after creating many designs I enjoyed doing.
Flexible and Relevant Job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 29, 2016
Tutoring at Sheridan College allows me to continue my studies at the same time as working to help others. I can make my own schedule ad work one on one with students looking for some extra help.
Pros
Flexible
Innovative and competitive learning
Safe Walker, Sheridan Student Union (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
perfect campus with good experienced professors; best in class mock trial experience and interactive classes.

Professors are very friendly but at the same time are very result oriented.
Vibrant students!
INSTRUCTOR - ANALYTICS, BA, PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Ooakville, ONApril 10, 2016
Working with students at Sheridan raises the bar! Typically, students have a full-time job or are transitioning in their career. Therefore, they expect quality. I encourage interesting questions and their sharing of their own lessons in a variety of sectors. Everyone learned.
Great work enviroment, hardly any hours
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 1, 2016
Got to work 2 hours a week while being a student. Good job and enviroment. Learnt a lot about working in an office setting and about the library system
Fun place to work with an excellent environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
-Flexible work hours
-Friendly management
-Knowledgeable and helpful coworkers.
-Get to learn something new every day.
Pros
Overall good place to work
Cons
Student Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton Lake, ONMarch 14, 2016
It is nice to work on a campus where you study because you save transportation money. It is a very productive job because you cover a whole information session on a campus in about half an hour of time. We also make many phone calls congratulating the students who go accepted and inviting them out to open house events.
Working Environment
Accounts Receivable and Student Refund Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Being a new comer to Canada It seemed difficult to fit in Canadian job market but It's a very friendly and learning environment. The staff here is very cooperative and helpful, we all work together as a team and accomplish our daily tasks in time. It gives me confidence and Canadian experience that worth a lot.
Pros
Very Respectable and Fiendly enviroment.
Cons
So far I didn't see any
Relaxed and creative environment
DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGIST (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Sheridan is a great place to work and there are plenty of opportunities to move internally. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a collaborative and creative environment.
Pros
Staff is unionized
Cons
Staff is unionized
Student Involvment
Health Center Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Monthly deisgn the weekly acctivty to be hosted at college regaing the health. Contact sponsers to promote our special health awarness such as breast cancer, leave the pack behind, many more. Finding the sponsers usually used to be one of the the hardest task . The fun fact about this job was meeting new people and gain my confident in public speaking.
Pros
public speaking, more connections
Hands on and inerctive
Library Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Sheridan College is a great school that provides opportunities to obtain real world skills and be able to apply them in your day to day life.
Productive Learning Experience
Welder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Was a great place to learn and grow my skills as a welder.
Pay was lack luster but made up for it with experience gained.
My boss was always helpul, and trusting of the fact i would get the task assigned to me done properly.
Love it
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Working in Sheridan College has been one of the best jobs I have every worked. The people are wonderful the co-workers are very helpful and friendly.
Amazing Work Place
First Year Connection's Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 5, 2016
You would sign in at work and check any e-mails that you might have gotten from any new students. Once you had finished replying back to them we had advertising and marketing ideas we had to brainstorm and execute as well. When that work was finished, any helped needed at the resource desk was asked of us. I had learned interpersonal skills by interacting with other students in need of reliable information. The supervisors and management was amazing and super friendly. I couldn't have asked for a better set of co-workers for that year, we just got along so well. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the fact I had helped students entering post-secondary education, no knowing what is happening, and being their first and reliable interaction towards their journey.
Pros
Amazing environment
Cons
Dealing with a lot of information
Fantastic workplace with positive atmosphere!
Student Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJanuary 3, 2016
I love being able to work for my school. I feel extremely involved and happy to be learning in the environment that I'm in. I want to make sure other people understand how wonderful Sheridan life can be, so I wanted to share my experiences with other potential students. I am often met with smiling excited people who are willing to listen and learn about the school. The team I work with is absolutely fantastic, and everyone is so hard working. The managers are full of smiles and happiness everytime I see them, and I couldn't be happier working for the school I love!
Pros
Free food at special events, meeting new people outside of program, learning more about the school, flexible hours.
Cons
Can be intimidating when leading big tour crowds, occasionally unusual questions can be difficult to answer.
Great work environment, great people
Union Burrito/Coffee Loft (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 9, 2015
Great place to work at, since it was with my college they schedule your shifts around your class schedules. We all had fun during our shifts while still being productive.
Pros
Discounts across campus
Cons
Having to work during school events
fun to work with machines and cutting out the chips.
Tool and Die Maker student (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 25, 2015
The tool making program at Sheridan emphasizes the classical approach to tool and die maker trade. Our tool making Ontario college diploma course of instruction includes 15 hours a week of hands-on shop training. In addition we have classes in trade theory, math, trade safety, reading and making blueprints and communications. We are able to work on both CNC and manually-operated machines, and trained to use precision measuring instruments.
Excellent work environment and development of staff.
Professor (Current Employee) –  Oakville and Mississauga OntarioNovember 5, 2015
Teaching adult learners. Review of concepts previously covered. Discussion of agenda for learning for the evening session. Oral presentations: students have prepared oral presentations on themes related to our course of study.
New concepts: French discussion of new grammar skills and reinforcement of these skills in oral and written activities. Oral discussions about current events including debates on topics the students have chosen.
Pros
Satisfaction; Feed-back from students; working environment.
was fun
Part-time Tutor (Former Employee) –  sheridan college bramptonSeptember 21, 2015
Good experience, attend to student, solve issues, direct them to other departments if am unable to
correcting scripts, giving assignments, posting online worksheet

4.4