Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fulfilling and exhilarating work environment.
Part Time Library Technician (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Feel like I am part of a team
Cons: Very difficult to move to full time employment
I enjoy helping students with their research questions and creating new graduates. I look forward to each day spent helping students in the library. Colleagues are great to work with, we all work as a team. Students that come to me for help are all studying in varying fields, so each question that I answer teaches me something new as well as them.
student
Student (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
I am student here but as a student my experience is very good. Professors are helpful and encourage students to participate.
Productive and fun place to learn from
Learning Commons Customer Technical Support (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great employeers, holidays, vacation pay, union
Cons: management
While working at Sheridan College, there was great people to work with, great experience, and amazing job security. The department that I worked for (IT) was unionized so people where able to be protected, even during the more abundant situations. A typical day at work would be to do a check on all of our laptops that we loan out to customers, check the calendar for equipment setups, and then check for cases that have been logged into our ticketing system.
Learning experience
Part time faculty (Current Employee), Brampton, Davis CampusJuly 8, 2015
It has been a very nice learning experience at Sheridan College. The work environment and culture at Sheridan college is very satisfactory.
Diversity
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJune 12, 2015
* Accounting Department
* Learning Accounting Principle
* Great Management
* Great People
* Hard part of the job - repeatitipve
* Enjoyable - Being able to work with great people
Very hectic but enjoyable workplace.
Part time Library Technician (Current Employee), Brampton,ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Always being busy and helping students to succeed
Cons: Not being able to get a full time position.
I enjoy helping the students with their assignments and citation questions. It gets a bit hectic when students get impatient, but I calmly tell them that I will help them momentarily as I am helping another student. I also often help to answer online question through our chat function the same time as I am helping students in person. My co-workers are great, and really support my wanting to become full time. I constantly apply for full time positions asking for feedback each time, then I correct what I did not have the last time, only to be given another hurdle to cross in the next interview. My management tends to like that I am very flexible in my work schedule, and so is in no hurry to promote me to full time.
Great diversity of pharmacy faculty
Part-time College Instructor (Current Employee), BramptonMay 26, 2015
Pros: Comfortable working environment
Cons: Lack of support staff
Majority of the faculty in the program have different working experience in different sector of pharmacy and therefore there are a great variety of information to be shared with students
Review of Clerical work
Clerical (Temp-part time) (Former Employee), Trafalgar Road Oakville, OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Able to relax more once room is tidy
Cons: Long hours
Working at Sheridan as a Clerical in the resource room is helpful for me in organizations skills, also improving my knowledge of the type of materials, finishes within the room. I work alone on days of my shift. The most enjoyable part is that it is not too stressing, for my main job is to keep the room tidy while helping any people who is searching for a particular materials in the room for projects and etc.

The hardest part is keeping the room tidy while people are in the room looking for things which they tend to create a mess.
Productive and fun place to work here
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Most enjoyable part of my job was I have to help all my fellow students all the day. Supervisor was very helpful person. It was very great to work here
Informational
Assistant Advisor, Brampton (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 16, 2015
It was a part time job and there i worked as an assistant to provide College related information to the new students. i was there for short time but learned a lot. overall it was a good learning experience
Experience
Technical Support (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Get to troubleshoot different problems also a good learning experience every day going into work. When help is needed they will always assist with any difficult situations.
Promoted Student Leadership and Engagement Program and CCR. Worked with Sheridan Students and Peers and had a lot of fun.
Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Student ServicesFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: na
I planned marketplace every month with my team mates. My job is to email the Peers from other departments and Students regarding the Marketplaces. Marketplaces are really fun and a way to promote services and interact with different people. I developed Leadership qualities, effective communications and creativity while working at all the Marketplaces. I and my colleagues manage all the things well so that we could interact will most of the students on-campus. My co-workers are supportive and helpful. They too live working on-campus and assisting new students at College. The hardest part of my job is to brain-storm and keep thinking in the creative way, and then implement the best ideas. The thing I enjoy the most comes from the hardest part of my job. It is I love implementing the ideas that I planned during the difficult part of my job. I really love my job and its fun and interesting.
Environment and people makes you wonder where you are
CUSTOMER (Former Employee), cUSTOMERFebruary 18, 2015
Instead of "importing" students, why wouldn't Sheridan and other Canadian institutions establish affiliated schools in their countries? The Lycee Francais has done it in several countries. It helps locals to improve their education instead of having the wealthiest coming over here and have them as permanent residents which unfortunately will not contribute to improving their country of origin...
When to this faculty as a full-time student
Member of FSAE Formula One Racing (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 9, 2015
I have spent 3 years at this facility as a faculty student to learn the knowledge of electro-mechanical engineering technologist.
Great Working Environment
Financial Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 26, 2014
Pros: learning about new agent management software
Cons: task may not very challenging
Sheridan College is a great working environment. Staff at all levels are very friendly as we have one common vision as to help students to succeed.

Working as Financial Analyst Assistant at Sheridan College allowed me the opportunity the work and and get involved in the budgeting process, as well as gaining the knowledge in the accounting area.
Enjoyable time working with professional and unique individuals.
First Year Connection's Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 9, 2014
Pros: feeling of gratitude that you achieve from helping others.
Cons: busy days are very hectic.
-data management of student affairs
-marketing management and advertising student advisement services
-acquire information to improve on services
-event fundraisers
-monthly newsletters
-weekly email updates and reminders to 900+ students
Productive and fun
House Keeping (Current Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 3, 2014
A great experience to learn more about other trades other than the one your practicing and a great opportunity to sell yourself
Great place to work.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Great place to work. Highly professional working environment.
Different
Receptionist (Contract) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: relaxed
Cons: long hours
very demanding
very organized
amazing and relaxed environment
Very rewarding job
PART TIME POSITIONS (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 7, 2014
A very rewarding job and a joy to share the motorcycle experience. Starting the day off with nervous students and ending the weekend with having the student with a huge smile and a sense of accomplishment is the best experience ever. Sometimes challenging as an instructor, but always rewarding.

1 2 3

About Sheridan College

Founded in 1967, Sheridan has grown from a local college of 400 students to one of Ontario’s leading postsecondary institutions, – Read more

Sheridan College Photos