Sheridan College

Sheridan College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Promoted Student Leadership and Engagement Program and CCR. Worked with Sheridan Students and Peers and had a lot of fun.
Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Student ServicesFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: na
I planned marketplace every month with my team mates. My job is to email the Peers from other departments and Students regarding the Marketplaces. Marketplaces are really fun and a way to promote services and interact with different people. I developed Leadership qualities, effective communications and creativity while working at all the Marketplaces. I and my colleagues manage all the things well so that we could interact will most of the students on-campus. My co-workers are supportive and helpful. They too live working on-campus and assisting new students at College. The hardest part of my job is to brain-storm and keep thinking in the creative way, and then implement the best ideas. The thing I enjoy the most comes from the hardest part of my job. It is I love implementing the ideas that I planned during the difficult part of my job. I really love my job and its fun and interesting.
Very hectic but enjoyable workplace.
Part time Library Technician (Current Employee), Brampton,ONMay 27, 2015
Pros: Always being busy and helping students to succeed
Cons: Not being able to get a full time position.
I enjoy helping the students with their assignments and citation questions. It gets a bit hectic when students get impatient, but I calmly tell them that I will help them momentarily as I am helping another student. I also often help to answer online question through our chat function the same time as I am helping students in person. My co-workers are great, and really support my wanting to become full time. I constantly apply for full time positions asking for feedback each time, then I correct what I did not have the last time, only to be given another hurdle to cross in the next interview. My management tends to like that I am very flexible in my work schedule, and so is in no hurry to promote me to full time.
Amazing Work Place
First Year Connection's Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: Amazing environment
Cons: Dealing with a lot of information
You would sign in at work and check any e-mails that you might have gotten from any new students. Once you had finished replying back to them we had advertising and marketing ideas we had to brainstorm and execute as well. When that work was finished, any helped needed at the resource desk was asked of us. I had learned interpersonal skills by interacting with other students in need of reliable information. The supervisors and management was amazing and super friendly. I couldn't have asked for a better set of co-workers for that year, we just got along so well. The most enjoyable thing about the job was the fact I had helped students entering post-secondary education, no knowing what is happening, and being their first and reliable interaction towards their journey.
Fantastic workplace with positive atmosphere!
Student Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Free food at special events, meeting new people outside of program, learning more about the school, flexible hours.
Cons: Can be intimidating when leading big tour crowds, occasionally unusual questions can be difficult to answer.
I love being able to work for my school. I feel extremely involved and happy to be learning in the environment that I'm in. I want to make sure other people understand how wonderful Sheridan life can be, so I wanted to share my experiences with other potential students. I am often met with smiling excited people who are willing to listen and learn about the school. The team I work with is absolutely fantastic, and everyone is so hard working. The managers are full of smiles and happiness everytime I see them, and I couldn't be happier working for the school I love!
Education & Employment experience by Sheridan College
IT Helpdesk Technologist (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 31, 2012
Pros: very friendly, modern
As a co-op experience, I really enjoyed working at Sheridan College - IT. The team was very close knit and easy going. I also had an excellent mentor and supervisor. The IT department was very well managed.

As a part of my education and employment, I have been given many opportunities for volunteer work. I am proud to say that I that continue to volunteer within Sheridan College when time permits.

Sheridan College is very Student and Staff focused. Housing over 5000 students and staff, it is very easy to find a helping hand where ever you are within the campus.

I would definitely recommend Sheridan college for Education, Employment, or Volunteering opportunities.
Productive and fun place to learn from
Learning Commons Customer Technical Support (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great hours, great employeers, holidays, vacation pay, union
Cons: management
While working at Sheridan College, there was great people to work with, great experience, and amazing job security. The department that I worked for (IT) was unionized so people where able to be protected, even during the more abundant situations. A typical day at work would be to do a check on all of our laptops that we loan out to customers, check the calendar for equipment setups, and then check for cases that have been logged into our ticketing system.
Review of Clerical work
Clerical (Temp-part time) (Former Employee), Trafalgar Road Oakville, OntarioApril 30, 2015
Pros: Able to relax more once room is tidy
Cons: Long hours
Working at Sheridan as a Clerical in the resource room is helpful for me in organizations skills, also improving my knowledge of the type of materials, finishes within the room. I work alone on days of my shift. The most enjoyable part is that it is not too stressing, for my main job is to keep the room tidy while helping any people who is searching for a particular materials in the room for projects and etc.

The hardest part is keeping the room tidy while people are in the room looking for things which they tend to create a mess.
Productive and fun place indoor
Student (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: willing to face any challenges, obedient
Cons: long hours to work in process
-Every day is a typical day to me

- I have learnt more about animation, character design, realistic life-drawing, and storyboard skills

-I can separate my time between study and personal work quite manageable

-my friends in the studio and class; we all help each other like a big family

-Having a test or exam included in my timetable is the hardest part to manage my time.

-Doing the things I love is the most enjoyable part of this.
Great Place for Students and Staff
Peer Tutor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 28, 2013
Sheridan College (Hazel McCallion Campus) is a place where students and staff come together to learn and improve their quality of life.
The staff are very helpful and concerned about the students' success. The students are very respectful and well-mannered.
Whether you are a student or a (faculty) staff, you can feel that Sheridan College HMC presents a different environment, which makes learning and working as fun and enjoyable as they are challenging, of course, in the best way possible.
very productive, learned a lot and enjoyed going to work
Workman (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioNovember 6, 2012
Pros: lots of hours to be worked
i would start off by going in to see the boss, ask what need to be done in the shop. which included cleaning up the machines or fixing any of the faults; also relocating them around the shop. my tasks at the school were to maintain all machinery and make sure every thing at the school shop floor looked clean and was ready to be used.
fun to work with machines and cutting out the chips.
Tool and Die Maker student (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 25, 2015
The tool making program at Sheridan emphasizes the classical approach to tool and die maker trade. Our tool making Ontario college diploma course of instruction includes 15 hours a week of hands-on shop training. In addition we have classes in trade theory, math, trade safety, reading and making blueprints and communications. We are able to work on both CNC and manually-operated machines, and trained to use precision measuring instruments.
Fulfilling and exhilarating work environment.
Part Time Library Technician (Current Employee), Brampton,ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Feel like I am part of a team
Cons: Very difficult to move to full time employment
I enjoy helping students with their research questions and creating new graduates. I look forward to each day spent helping students in the library. Colleagues are great to work with, we all work as a team. Students that come to me for help are all studying in varying fields, so each question that I answer teaches me something new as well as them.
Excellent work environment and development of staff.
Professor (Current Employee), Oakville and Mississauga OntarioNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Satisfaction; Feed-back from students; working environment.
Teaching adult learners. Review of concepts previously covered. Discussion of agenda for learning for the evening session. Oral presentations: students have prepared oral presentations on themes related to our course of study.
New concepts: French discussion of new grammar skills and reinforcement of these skills in oral and written activities. Oral discussions about current events including debates on topics the students have chosen.
Environment and people makes you wonder where you are
CUSTOMER (Former Employee), cUSTOMERFebruary 18, 2015
Instead of "importing" students, why wouldn't Sheridan and other Canadian institutions establish affiliated schools in their countries? The Lycee Francais has done it in several countries. It helps locals to improve their education instead of having the wealthiest coming over here and have them as permanent residents which unfortunately will not contribute to improving their country of origin...
Great Working Environment
Financial Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 26, 2014
Pros: learning about new agent management software
Cons: task may not very challenging
Sheridan College is a great working environment. Staff at all levels are very friendly as we have one common vision as to help students to succeed.

Working as Financial Analyst Assistant at Sheridan College allowed me the opportunity the work and and get involved in the budgeting process, as well as gaining the knowledge in the accounting area.
Enjoyable time working with professional and unique individuals.
First Year Connection's Peer Mentor (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioDecember 9, 2014
Pros: feeling of gratitude that you achieve from helping others.
Cons: busy days are very hectic.
-data management of student affairs
-marketing management and advertising student advisement services
-acquire information to improve on services
-event fundraisers
-monthly newsletters
-weekly email updates and reminders to 900+ students
Fun to work with team learning everyday
Laptop and Classroom Support Technologist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 17, 2014
- Support front counter, deal with software installation, troubleshoot computer and AV hardware problems, perform preventive maintenance.
- Learned professional way of providing customer service, AV system communicating over the network, how ITIL works
- This is the best environment to work,
A developing College, on the verge of becoming a University
Lead Hand on Shop Maintenance crew (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: much opportunity to perform
Cons: growing pains
I learned a lot working there. There was a lot of opportunity to grow and learn new things. If you get the chance I highly recommend a tour. I worked there concurrently with my education.
Campus life
Customer Service Representative, (Part-time) (Former Employee), MississaugaJuly 25, 2013
If you are attending school and need a part time job this is a good place to start. Even on your summer vacation you can make good money to pay off your school fee. it's hard work but, the company and management appreciates your hard work. It's a fun place to work.
Productive Learning Experience
Welder/Laborer (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 25, 2016
Was a great place to learn and grow my skills as a welder.
Pay was lack luster but made up for it with experience gained.
My boss was always helpul, and trusting of the fact i would get the task assigned to me done properly.