Sheridan College Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 22, 2016
Provided me the chance to mentor and provide a much needed service to new students or students needing help with familiarizing themselves with what the career centre had to offer.
Pros
Great Management Team
Cons
Contract position.
Great experience, support, and staff
Professor, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 23, 2016
I teach part-time as needed. Everyone on staff is wonderful and extremely supportive. Students are fantastic. The facilities are new and very modern, depending on which campus you are at. It is very competitive and hard to get regular courses
Pros
Great staff, new high-tech facilities
Cons
Contracts are hard to get as are regular courses
good working environment
PEER TUTOR FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COURSES (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONAugust 6, 2016
the staff is very cooperative, every employee is ready to help. the workplace have a very positive environment.Person enjoys working here. You learn to be cooperative and mainly have patience and think out of the box in hyper ituations
assistant in office
Volunteer in office (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 25, 2016
awesome new experiences with great people. got to work around adults and learn new skills. excited to develop new skills
Fun environment for a student to work in
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 17, 2016
Great way to meet new students and staff at the college. Fun and entertaining all times of the day working there. Excellent management (at the time of employment)
Good Co-op oppotunity
Accounting & Finance Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2016
The Accounting & Finance learning Assistant position was a very good Co-op opportunity. The work environment was great and the salary was competitive. The job itself was enjoyable while being challenging.
Very good work environment
Medical Office Administrator Program instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 11, 2016
Sheridan College is a very nice place to work, they have very good system in place to help new instructor. They have a good curriculum to work with, Every one there is ready to help you with any questions.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Insecure
Peer Mentor
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 31, 2016
As a Peer Mentor I had the opportunity to work closely with all the staff, who were very knowledgable and taught the a lot about the industry.
Interesting
Event Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 9, 2016
One training shift, and one event for a theater production in the school serving wine and beers. We toured the basement of the school where the storage is and that was neat to see how the school ran from underneath.
Unique Opportunity I Was Given a Chance to Pilot
SI Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 2, 2016
The SI Leadership was a pilot project that I had been chosen for as a leader within because I had shown considerable levels of skill in the program and earning high marks while maintaining a high level of sociability.

I was tasked with integrating myself into a class as a peer that had already completed a course in the past that had a higher rate of failure across the student body. I learnt how to be a leader and manage multiple minds at the same time who were working towards a common goal.

I would become a friend that they could come to for help, and would effectively teach a class or act as a tutor to the students that would be falling behind for whatever reason -- a secondary teacher essentially.

The hardest part was showing the students that they could succeed at it if they tried, despite the staggering amount of dropouts that the course had in the past. The most enjoyable part was being able to get through to the students and helping them along, real friendships were forged as a result.

It was mainly an independent environment, the meetings between those involved with the pilot project would be periodic and we'd go over the progress and whether or not the SI Leadership was worth investing further into.
Pros
Short hours, hands on, we are in complete control of what takes place
Cons
Roughly laid out (due to it being a new idea)
Internship at Sheridan College for Professional Work experience
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 1, 2016
Laid-back and easy going. Enjoyed designing the character and animating him in a 3D environment afterwards. Was in a small team of four to create a short animation promoting Sheridan College's new logo. I designed the character in 2d and was modeled by a coworker intern in 3d, rigged by a volunteer animation studio.

The character was animated into two different shorts involving the Sheridan 'S' logo. I was thrilled that my design was brought to life in a 3D approach after creating many designs I enjoyed doing.
Flexible and Relevant Job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 29, 2016
Tutoring at Sheridan College allows me to continue my studies at the same time as working to help others. I can make my own schedule ad work one on one with students looking for some extra help.
Pros
Flexible
Innovative and competitive learning
Safe Walker, Sheridan Student Union (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 26, 2016
perfect campus with good experienced professors; best in class mock trial experience and interactive classes.

Professors are very friendly but at the same time are very result oriented.
Vibrant students!
INSTRUCTOR - ANALYTICS, BA, PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Ooakville, ONApril 10, 2016
Working with students at Sheridan raises the bar! Typically, students have a full-time job or are transitioning in their career. Therefore, they expect quality. I encourage interesting questions and their sharing of their own lessons in a variety of sectors. Everyone learned.
Great work enviroment, hardly any hours
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 1, 2016
Got to work 2 hours a week while being a student. Good job and enviroment. Learnt a lot about working in an office setting and about the library system
Fun place to work with an excellent environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
-Flexible work hours
-Friendly management
-Knowledgeable and helpful coworkers.
-Get to learn something new every day.
Pros
Overall good place to work
Cons
Student Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton Lake, ONMarch 14, 2016
It is nice to work on a campus where you study because you save transportation money. It is a very productive job because you cover a whole information session on a campus in about half an hour of time. We also make many phone calls congratulating the students who go accepted and inviting them out to open house events.
Working Environment
Accounts Receivable and Student Refund Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Being a new comer to Canada It seemed difficult to fit in Canadian job market but It's a very friendly and learning environment. The staff here is very cooperative and helpful, we all work together as a team and accomplish our daily tasks in time. It gives me confidence and Canadian experience that worth a lot.
Pros
Very Respectable and Fiendly enviroment.
Cons
So far I didn't see any
Relaxed and creative environment
DIGITAL CONTENT STRATEGIST (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Sheridan is a great place to work and there are plenty of opportunities to move internally. The most enjoyable part of the job was working in a collaborative and creative environment.
Pros
Staff is unionized
Cons
Staff is unionized
Student Involvment
Health Center Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Monthly deisgn the weekly acctivty to be hosted at college regaing the health. Contact sponsers to promote our special health awarness such as breast cancer, leave the pack behind, many more. Finding the sponsers usually used to be one of the the hardest task . The fun fact about this job was meeting new people and gain my confident in public speaking.
Pros
public speaking, more connections

4.4