Sheraton

Sheraton Employee Reviews

Fun and productive!
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 15, 2015
It's a great place to work! Management and colleagues are well easy to get along with. I look forward to going to work each day.
It was a job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2015
I would show up at work not knowing what to expect. Only a few of the girls that I worked with were friendly and they were a big part on why I loved my job.
Pros
A couple great co-workers
Cons
Some not so great co-workers
fun work place
Guide children's behavior and social development (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
It was an environment friendly workplace. Fun work place with supportive management. I leaned a lot of things from there and still willing to learn more from other places.
challenging job that will enhance you to become productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
The staff especially our manager in the company is very at ease to be deal anything that matters around. Teamwork for each department as I notice while working to this company.
was a great place to work and the people were good to work with..
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer,AbAugust 22, 2015
I moved to help my daughter go through school in Camrose, ab., so I had to resign but I really enjoyed working with everyone at the Sheraton was a good enviroment.. :)
Pros
Free lunch and tips
The team was fantastic!
Administrative Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 17, 2015
• General administrative support. Organization and maintenance of GM’s agenda. Dissemination of outcomes of weekly managers’ meetings to pertinent employees / departments. Creation of brochures for special events and special promotional packages. Creation of personalized menus for special events. Contract invoicing. Reconciliation of monthly expense reports.
Nice work eviroment
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2015
Nice place to work, everyone care about it, nice plan beneficts, enjoy working there, just salary is less than what I expected
Pros
nice plan members
Cons
salary
productive and fun work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJune 29, 2015
a typical day at the sheraton would be a 800 person banquet. We are a big team who work in a fast paced environment to make all of our clients happy including all the bosses who check every detail of our work
Pros
big team, lots of fun
good job
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 23, 2015
Every day is different in this job and everyday there is something new to learn, overall this job is giving me good customer service experience
A workplace filled will diversity and offers a fun work place environment
Houseman (Current Employee) –  15269 104 Ave, Surrey, BC V3R 1N5June 19, 2015
The Sheraton is a great place to work with a very friendly working stuff. It provides physical work and also provides communication skills that will be gained during your time there.
Pros
Free Food
Worplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 28, 2015
A typical day at work was follow schedule. I learn that what I did not wanted to do in my life; poor management, co-workers very helpful.
Quick review
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 4, 2015
great people, not enough pay or advancement opportunities, next to the mall good location, poor work hours, fun environment, exciting renovations
Friendly and warm working environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONApril 21, 2015
I applied my hospitality skills into housekeeping department under perfect management by supervisors. However, the assigned work is allocated differently.
Pros
Good salary and free food each month
Cons
Heavy work
Great people to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMarch 26, 2015
Very unorganised place of work, did enjoy all my coworkers. Very repetitive which I enjoyed because allowed me to create a routine to work with on a daily basis. Assigned 15 rooms per day to clean, always finished early due to being quick and efficient.
Busy
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2015
Productive, and fun working environment. I had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people from across the world at the Sheraton Hotel Vancouver where I worked.
I was promoted to Housekeeping Manager, which is the only good thing I got from it.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCFebruary 10, 2015
Working at the Sheraton was okay for the first two years. New Management took over and it went down hill. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the GM. He liked to make people cry. The people I worked with were great and so was the hotel itself. It was very enjoyable to be able to learn how to manage a department. I enjoyed that part of my job. If you could get over the over bearing boss, you probably could last a long time there. But I cannot handle mind games.
Cons
long hours, no pay for stat holidays as a housekeeping manager.
Fun, Good Work Atmosphere
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Productive, Fun Work place. Get to interact with different guests from different parts of the world. The management is very supportive and helpful. My coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about this job. I enjoy working here. Everyday is a new day at the Sheraton
Great Brand
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  CalgaryNovember 13, 2014
Very Productive. It was fun working in a brand which is hugely recognized globally.
Great place to work, felt important, valued and proud to work there
Engineering Coodinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
* Directly responsible for coordinating a number of capital projects for hotel ranging from $50,000.00 to $1,667,000.00. * Member H.E.A.T. (Hotel Engineers Association of Toronto) * Committee Chairman of Joint Health & Safety * Chairman of First Aid response Team * Head of Green Hotel & LEED Committee *Coordinate, delegate, evaluate, inspect and report for maintenance trades *Ensure efficient maintenance operations *Inspect facilities, buildings and equipment *Identify and engage outside service providers * Purchased building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment *Direct installation of, modifications to and maintenance activities *Prepare annual maintenance budget *Compile records of labor and material costs and prepare reports *Staff recruiting, training and performance appraisals *Prepare shifts and vacation rosters *Obtain permits for special work to be conducted *Prepare breach of security, loss and damage reports etc. *WSIB reporting *Deal with contractors, sub-contractors; ensure adherence to safety regulations *Consult with Occupational Health and Safety Board Inspectors *Contact suppliers, test equipment, negotiate with suppliers

Management let me take control of my engineering staff and never interfered.

The most enjoyable part as dealing with the guests, employees and airport personnel.
Pros
free meals, discounted rooms when traveling with family. meeting many famous people
Cons
not much to compain about. i loved the job.
Good Food
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  st catharinesOctober 14, 2014
Good food, provided great service to guests. Salary could be better otherwise it is a good place for students or anyone with another job