Sheraton Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable work place.
Room Attendant/ Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2016
I have been working for Four Points by Sheraton for in 2007 as a full-time room attendant and I am now currently the assistant supervisor and room attendant. I have learn a lot of skills and experience working here. As a room attendant my daily tasks are: clean the room, inspect the room, refill bathroom supplies and sort out laundry. As a assistant supervisor my daily tasks are: inspecting all rooms prior to booking, complete all related paper work, scheduling and placing purchasing orders for low items. The management is amazing, but currently the hotel is being bought by another management. I enjoy my work benefits and enjoy work for the most part. I work long hours.
Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
A productive and oriented place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC1 May 2016
Overall working at the Four Points was a great experience.Management helped when needed and their benefits helped. Staff members were great to work with and helped in other departments as was needed.
Sheraton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2016
good, fair salary, fair management, god service, clean, nice people, easy job, management very approachable, people are friendly.
Meet a lot of famous people!
Assistant Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 September 2016
Working at the Four Points - they will take as much as you want to give. I will say that in my 5 years at the hotel, I did have the opportunity to meet many famous people, and that part was enjoyable.
Generally a young staff, with lots of enthusiasm, but like all positions in hospitality the schedule varies constantly and turn over is high.
Pros
great fun team to work with
Cons
long hours, shift work - high turn over
Nice place to work
Maintenance Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2016
The Management and working environment is excellent.All the associates and supervisors are very helping and I feel no stress at all I would recommend any one who is interested to join hotel industry he should try here for attractive salary and benefits.
Enjoyable co-workers but not a permanent job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 June 2016
I enjoy most of my co-workers but I do not plan to stay at this job just for them. Management and organization of the department I work in needs help finding new ways to run things, as the current situation is not working for them. I've heard that the Sheraton Hamilton used to be THE place to be and to work at, but has gone downhill over the years which breaks my heart. I would love to see it return to glory as it was all those years ago before it was taken over by the current owner.
Pros
Excellent meals are provided during shifts
Cons
Management is lacking
Worst management
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
Always short staffed
No work life balance at all
Had to stay very long hours and on call every other weekend
It was work and nothing else
Housekeeping Position
Full time Housekeeper - Cleaning Guest rooms (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 November 2016
I absolutely loved this job and was sad to leave. The team I worked with was amazing and the management was very encouraging and understanding. Definitely would recommend them.
Feels like family
Third Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2016
Depending on shift,

mornings begin at 5:30-5:45. Breakfast buffet plus omelette station setup before 6:30. Check buffet every 10-15 minutes, make omelettes or eggs whenever needed. During that time, I would put away the days receiving, prep fruits and breakfast trolly for next day any salads or snacks for the days banquets or meetings. Make Sandwiches for outside fridge. Remove foods from buffet by 11, clean and change bowls for cold section then help with staff lunch and restocking line

Evenings go from 3 - 11 during the week and 3 - 10 during the weekend. Week days its mostly orders, weekends its mostly balancing prep for the week and orders.

I enjoy my work place, feels like family.

The hardest part of the job is probably just transportation for morning shift, to take the bus I'd have to leave at 4:30 and take three buses. To get a decent nights rest I'd take uber.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just the rush. Having to dish out so many dishes in a short amount of time is the greatest, especially if I have a good team mate that I work well with next to me.
work day
Night Auditor/ Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 May 2016
Completing airline sign in sheets + treatment form while dealing with customers all throughout the night. covering switchboard n taking reservations when needed
Pros
FT hours guarnteed
fun not all he time
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 October 2016
As a housekeeping supervisor or housekeeping, this kind of jobs its not a easily everyday physically emotionally working..I worked to my workmates very smooth and helpful ,especially to my position...
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 April 2015
The work itself can be stressful and fun depending on how you deal with guests. Usually a good day is calm or very busy. If you are at the bottom of the senority list you will be asked a lot on call to replace hours that current employees cannot do. At the front desk I enjoyed the workplace minus the management. They did not respect your schedule and asked you to have 7 day availability. The perks you get of working there is just when you want to travel to another hotel anywhere around the world owned by Starwood. The meal plan isn't the greatest either and it is forced out of your salary directly.
Pros
coworkers, set hours for front desk
Cons
management
Fact pace challenging and very exciting work environment
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 July 2016
I have used my knowledge, skills, education and experience to excel in this position; and I did. It was a fun environment that helped me to utilize my skills and also challenged me to use new ones.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Exteremely High Turnover in My Department
Great location
Guest Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 May 2016
I stayed at the Sheraton Cavalier Saskatoon from May 2-6, from the moment I arrived the staff was warm and welcoming. The meeting room we used and was clean comfortable and set up with technology to allow attendees to project and share information seamlessly. The wifi sign on easy and quick.The conference rooms were large, clean and easily accessible. In the lobby there were computers available linked to a printer. This was a great help, since I needed to print off some material.
All the meals provided by the hotel for our working group and the conference were delicious, healthy and plentiful. Our group had breakfast, lunch and dinner provided over several days and I had no reactions to food preservatives.
The rooms were very clean (I have never seen such a sparkling tub shower). I valued the environmental option of not having my room cleaned and used the $5 incentive to buy a starbuck's coffee every morning.
The staff went above and beyond to allow me to stay in my room for the last night ( I added an extra night was to switch rooms) Which I did
Every employee, I encountered from the garbage man, cleaner, to the front desk were always smiling and approachable.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience I had staying at this hotel.
Great place to work,
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 May 2016
Friendly team and Management
Always willing to teach you, and very patient in the process.

You will grow as a professional and they will give the opportunity to be promoted if you are a good worker.
Great work experience
Banquet Porter (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON3 August 2016
Great people who are willing to train and provide the necessary skills to provide great guest satisfaction and high quality of work.
Good and Productive place to work.
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 July 2016
Has been a very good place to work and an excellent work environement.The staff was excellent to work with and together they work well as a team.
It was a nice place to work at and most co workers were very kind and helpful.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 December 2015
Some days it was busy and somedays it was slow. Some guests might be rude and arrogant and some will be exceptionally really kind and understanding if you running behind time.
The management was also good and never had any issues with them or called to the office for anything that was affecting my work perfomance.
I enjoyed working with guests and learning different cultures and languages
Pros
free drinks and meals
Cons
Did not mind working extra hours or getting called in on my off day
Good Coworkers, Horrible Management
General Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 April 2016
With Westmont talking over after Fortis Properties, workers find themselves getting hours and positions cut, with the remaining coworkers left to do the jobs of two or more people. Not about the quality of service or happiness of guests, all about the bottom line.
A very Positive work environment
Night Auditor / Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 February 2016
A typical day at work includes running the daily audits and closing the daily accounts after completing and verifying the hotel accounts. Making management reports and forwarding them to the top management of the hotel