Sheraton

Sheraton Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 26, 2015
Very unorganised place of work, did enjoy all my coworkers. Very repetitive which I enjoyed because allowed me to create a routine to work with on a daily basis. Assigned 15 rooms per day to clean, always finished early due to being quick and efficient.
Busy
Server (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 14, 2015
Productive, and fun working environment. I had the opportunity to meet so many interesting people from across the world at the Sheraton Hotel Vancouver where I worked.
I was promoted to Housekeeping Manager, which is the only good thing I got from it.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Victoria BCFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: long hours, no pay for stat holidays as a housekeeping manager.
Working at the Sheraton was okay for the first two years. New Management took over and it went down hill. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the GM. He liked to make people cry. The people I worked with were great and so was the hotel itself. It was very enjoyable to be able to learn how to manage a department. I enjoyed that part of my job. If you could get over the over bearing boss, you probably could last a long time there. But I cannot handle mind games.
Fun, Good Work Atmosphere
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 6, 2015
Productive, Fun Work place. Get to interact with different guests from different parts of the world. The management is very supportive and helpful. My coworkers are great. There is nothing hard about this job. I enjoy working here. Everyday is a new day at the Sheraton
Great Brand
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee), CalgaryNovember 13, 2014
Very Productive. It was fun working in a brand which is hugely recognized globally.
Great place to work, felt important, valued and proud to work there
Engineering Coodinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: free meals, discounted rooms when traveling with family. meeting many famous people
Cons: not much to compain about. i loved the job.
* Directly responsible for coordinating a number of capital projects for hotel ranging from $50,000.00 to $1,667,000.00. * Member H.E.A.T. (Hotel Engineers Association of Toronto) * Committee Chairman of Joint Health & Safety * Chairman of First Aid response Team * Head of Green Hotel & LEED Committee *Coordinate, delegate, evaluate, inspect and report for maintenance trades *Ensure efficient maintenance operations *Inspect facilities, buildings and equipment *Identify and engage outside service providers * Purchased building and maintenance supplies, machinery and equipment *Direct installation of, modifications to and maintenance activities *Prepare annual maintenance budget *Compile records of labor and material costs and prepare reports *Staff recruiting, training and performance appraisals *Prepare shifts and vacation rosters *Obtain permits for special work to be conducted *Prepare breach of security, loss and damage reports etc. *WSIB reporting *Deal with contractors, sub-contractors; ensure adherence to safety regulations *Consult with Occupational Health and Safety Board Inspectors *Contact suppliers, test equipment, negotiate with suppliers

Management let me take control of my engineering staff and never interfered.

The most enjoyable part as dealing with the guests, employees and airport personnel.
Good Food
Night Auditor (Former Employee), st catharinesOctober 14, 2014
Good food, provided great service to guests. Salary could be better otherwise it is a good place for students or anyone with another job
currantly not a good place 4 years a different story
Stewarding (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 6, 2014
Cons: understaff when needed, overstaff when we did not need it
the kitchen is poorly managed by a chef who is more concern about his ego then he is about the work place , he doesn't help out enough
and he treats the stewarding department like slaves who can 300 things at the same time
Hard work with friendly coworkers
Steward (Current Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hrs, working days off
Wash and store hotel dishware, utensils, pots
clean dishroom/pot room
change garbage
over night cleaning (grills, table tops, stoves, floors)

Ive learned time management and patience

coworkers are easy to get along with

Large hotel functions (500-900+) are hard to manage

working with my coworkers are more enjoyable
Friendly Staff
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), saskatoon, SKSeptember 4, 2014
Typical day at work:
- check guests in/out
- help guests settle into their rooms
- answer phone inquires
- cash out at the end of my shift

Hardest part of the job
- dealing with unhappy customers and making sure customers leave
with the desire to come back
Workplace productive and excellent co-workers
Waitress/Bartender (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: people/co-working/environment/
Cons: schedule
Working at Four Points by Sheraton restaurant gives me two types of working hours, either morning or afternoon shifts. A typical morning shift at work would be arriving there around 5:40 am preparing everything for breakfast. Once the restaurant is open and customers walk in, I would approach them and explain what we serve for breakfast since it's usually a buffet. Usually I would finish up with my morning shift around 12:00 PM. After everything is closed, I would have to check up for item that we would need write them down for my Manager to order them in. I follow up with my Food and Beverages Manager and he follows up with the General Manager. What I've learned working here is that every individual is different and that your not always right. Learned how to cope with people, and how to treat them. Everyone is different in their own way so I've learned how to deal with different personalities. I work with co-workers when the hotel is over 60-70% sold or if there is a special activity going on like a meeting in the banquet hall for example. All the co-workers I work with are amazing, I can depend on them for anything. The hardest part of the job is that we receive our schedules every Friday evening. It's hard to make any type of plans since you never know when your scheduled to work. It's hard for the Manager to know if were going to be busy or not. But I really enjoy coming to work because everyday is different for me. There are different customers everyday, but then there are customer that stay with us at the hotel for months. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people that come around the world, learning about their cultures and being able to talk to them and having fun while still working.
Hotel housekeeping, Laundry and front desk were so much fun and hard work too.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 15, 2014
Pros: daily hours of 9-4, good atmosphere, generous and hard working staff
Cons: party clean up, cut hours.
I trained people and worked beside them to get 16 rooms ready by noon.
The laundry needed folding and carts filled in the afternoon and I love to fold clean laundry.
My day might include emergency fill in at the front desk to take calls and check guests in.

The hardest job was cleaning after a party weekend of Hockey teams or other festive weekend get together. The rooms were a mess.

The most enjoyable was the laughter and the fun. I was so proud of my accomplishments as well.
Disappointment came when the management had to cut hours and so I left to make room for others who needed the job more than I.
good for bigenners
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch, medical benefit
Cons: long hours, work culture
Too much work to handle by a single person.
Good team and supervisors
Followup is the hardest part of Job
Vacations are the most enjoyable part of the job
nice environment, great team,
Co-op placement (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2014
Pros: affordable employee lunches, great team
Cons: part time positions only
-Check-in and check-out guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Enlightening new guests about the Starwood loyalty program.
- Provide directions & general information about the city and local attractions.
-Assist management with filing reports and creating spread sheets.
very laid back
Security Guard (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 29, 2014
Pros: my own boss good food
Cons: being up late hours
Very good experience,
had to stay alert and ready made me feel very important
Its Calmed
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 27, 2014
Pros: hotel discount
Its a fast paced placed. Its nice and calmed but its sometimes chaotic
Productive use of Time and a healthy Work Culture
Sales Operation Manager (Current Employee), CalgaryMay 24, 2014
I strongly believe in TEAM work and effort. I always promote a crystal clear flow of communication which makes everyone individual/associates life and job a lot easier and at the end leave a positive impact on the minds of our clients for how organized and seamless is the entire operation.
Work place harmony is the core to success, and at the end of the day how satisfied is my first line of defense(My sales reps) is matters to me the most. As they are the ones who are the face to the brand.

Friendly environment, great company to work for
Front Desk / Night Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 23, 2014
Typical day at the work includes greet the customer, satisfy their need. check in/out. Anwer phone calls, making reservations.
Productive and fun workplace with a great outdoors area to take advantage of during the summer
Accounts Receivables (Current Employee), Dorval, QuebecMay 4, 2014
gather all the billing information, work with Controller and revenue auditor. Great atmosphere, co-workers have a great sense of humor.
Hardest part would be making sure nothing is missing on a daily basis and the most enjoyable part is when the clients pay in a timely manner due to correct billing and timely billing being put out.
team work like basketball
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short hour
Time is gold....we always be on time and use our time wisely.most of all team work helping each other.

1 2 3

About Sheraton

For more than 70 years Sheraton has enjoyed a history as vibrant and spirited as the travelers we welcome. The world has changed, – Read more