Sheraton Employee Reviews

Enjoyable co-workers but not a permanent job
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 22, 2016
I enjoy most of my co-workers but I do not plan to stay at this job just for them. Management and organization of the department I work in needs help finding new ways to run things, as the current situation is not working for them. I've heard that the Sheraton Hamilton used to be THE place to be and to work at, but has gone downhill over the years which breaks my heart. I would love to see it return to glory as it was all those years ago before it was taken over by the current owner.
Pros
Excellent meals are provided during shifts
Cons
Management is lacking
Fact pace challenging and very exciting work environment
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
I have used my knowledge, skills, education and experience to excel in this position; and I did. It was a fun environment that helped me to utilize my skills and also challenged me to use new ones.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Exteremely High Turnover in My Department
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Room Attendant/ Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2016
I have been working for Four Points by Sheraton for in 2007 as a full-time room attendant and I am now currently the assistant supervisor and room attendant. I have learn a lot of skills and experience working here. As a room attendant my daily tasks are: clean the room, inspect the room, refill bathroom supplies and sort out laundry. As a assistant supervisor my daily tasks are: inspecting all rooms prior to booking, complete all related paper work, scheduling and placing purchasing orders for low items. The management is amazing, but currently the hotel is being bought by another management. I enjoy my work benefits and enjoy work for the most part. I work long hours.
Benefits
Cons
Low Salary
Good Coworkers, Horrible Management
General Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLApril 5, 2016
With Westmont talking over after Fortis Properties, workers find themselves getting hours and positions cut, with the remaining coworkers left to do the jobs of two or more people. Not about the quality of service or happiness of guests, all about the bottom line.
Productive work environment with terrific product to sell
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Have earned my way up from the bottom and achieved this through multiple departments at the hotel, thus giving me a better understanding of the operations and challenges I can encounter.

I love my job, love my city and love getting to work with my customers on a daily basis. Always different, always fun and always successful.
A productive and oriented place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCMay 1, 2016
Overall working at the Four Points was a great experience.Management helped when needed and their benefits helped. Staff members were great to work with and helped in other departments as was needed.
Great place to work,
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 18, 2016
Friendly team and Management
Always willing to teach you, and very patient in the process.

You will grow as a professional and they will give the opportunity to be promoted if you are a good worker.
Good and Productive place to work.
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 8, 2016
Has been a very good place to work and an excellent work environement.The staff was excellent to work with and together they work well as a team.
Worst management
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2016
Always short staffed
No work life balance at all
Had to stay very long hours and on call every other weekend
It was work and nothing else
Feels like family
Third Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
Depending on shift,

mornings begin at 5:30-5:45. Breakfast buffet plus omelette station setup before 6:30. Check buffet every 10-15 minutes, make omelettes or eggs whenever needed. During that time, I would put away the days receiving, prep fruits and breakfast trolly for next day any salads or snacks for the days banquets or meetings. Make Sandwiches for outside fridge. Remove foods from buffet by 11, clean and change bowls for cold section then help with staff lunch and restocking line

Evenings go from 3 - 11 during the week and 3 - 10 during the weekend. Week days its mostly orders, weekends its mostly balancing prep for the week and orders.

I enjoy my work place, feels like family.

The hardest part of the job is probably just transportation for morning shift, to take the bus I'd have to leave at 4:30 and take three buses. To get a decent nights rest I'd take uber.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just the rush. Having to dish out so many dishes in a short amount of time is the greatest, especially if I have a good team mate that I work well with next to me.
house keeping room attendance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Cleaning 14 rooms a day including dusting mopping changing the bedsheets cleaning the bathrooms and removing dirty towel and put the clean towels include shampoo conditional soap and everything the need from the guests.
A very Positive work environment
Night Auditor / Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work includes running the daily audits and closing the daily accounts after completing and verifying the hotel accounts. Making management reports and forwarding them to the top management of the hotel
It was a nice place to work at and most co workers were very kind and helpful.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 2, 2015
Some days it was busy and somedays it was slow. Some guests might be rude and arrogant and some will be exceptionally really kind and understanding if you running behind time.
The management was also good and never had any issues with them or called to the office for anything that was affecting my work perfomance.
I enjoyed working with guests and learning different cultures and languages
Pros
free drinks and meals
Cons
Did not mind working extra hours or getting called in on my off day
Sheraton
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 4, 2016
good, fair salary, fair management, god service, clean, nice people, easy job, management very approachable, people are friendly.
The team was fantastic!
Administrative Assistant to GM (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCAugust 17, 2015
• General administrative support. Organization and maintenance of GM’s agenda. Dissemination of outcomes of weekly managers’ meetings to pertinent employees / departments. Creation of brochures for special events and special promotional packages. Creation of personalized menus for special events. Contract invoicing. Reconciliation of monthly expense reports.
fun work place
Guide children's behavior and social development (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
It was an environment friendly workplace. Fun work place with supportive management. I leaned a lot of things from there and still willing to learn more from other places.
It was a job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2015
I would show up at work not knowing what to expect. Only a few of the girls that I worked with were friendly and they were a big part on why I loved my job.
Pros
A couple great co-workers
Cons
Some not so great co-workers
challenging job that will enhance you to become productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
The staff especially our manager in the company is very at ease to be deal anything that matters around. Teamwork for each department as I notice while working to this company.
was a great place to work and the people were good to work with..
breakfast cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer,AbAugust 22, 2015
I moved to help my daughter go through school in Camrose, ab., so I had to resign but I really enjoyed working with everyone at the Sheraton was a good enviroment.. :)
Pros
Free lunch and tips
Fun and productive!
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 15, 2015
It's a great place to work! Management and colleagues are well easy to get along with. I look forward to going to work each day.