Sheraton Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and enjoyable work place.
Room Attendant/ Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Low Salary
I have been working for Four Points by Sheraton for in 2007 as a full-time room attendant and I am now currently the assistant supervisor and room attendant. I have learn a lot of skills and experience working here. As a room attendant my daily tasks are: clean the room, inspect the room, refill bathroom supplies and sort out laundry. As a assistant supervisor my daily tasks are: inspecting all rooms prior to booking, complete all related paper work, scheduling and placing purchasing orders for low items. The management is amazing, but currently the hotel is being bought by another management. I enjoy my work benefits and enjoy work for the most part. I work long hours.
Productive work environment with terrific product to sell
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 29, 2016
Have earned my way up from the bottom and achieved this through multiple departments at the hotel, thus giving me a better understanding of the operations and challenges I can encounter.

I love my job, love my city and love getting to work with my customers on a daily basis. Always different, always fun and always successful.
Good Coworkers, Horrible Management
General Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee), St. John's, NLApril 5, 2016
With Westmont talking over after Fortis Properties, workers find themselves getting hours and positions cut, with the remaining coworkers left to do the jobs of two or more people. Not about the quality of service or happiness of guests, all about the bottom line.
It was a nice place to work at and most co workers were very kind and helpful.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: free drinks and meals
Cons: Did not mind working extra hours or getting called in on my off day
Some days it was busy and somedays it was slow. Some guests might be rude and arrogant and some will be exceptionally really kind and understanding if you running behind time.
The management was also good and never had any issues with them or called to the office for anything that was affecting my work perfomance.
I enjoyed working with guests and learning different cultures and languages
A very Positive work environment
Night Auditor / Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Surrey, BCFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day at work includes running the daily audits and closing the daily accounts after completing and verifying the hotel accounts. Making management reports and forwarding them to the top management of the hotel
house keeping room attendance
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Cleaning 14 rooms a day including dusting mopping changing the bedsheets cleaning the bathrooms and removing dirty towel and put the clean towels include shampoo conditional soap and everything the need from the guests.
Feels like family
Third Cook (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 28, 2016
Depending on shift,

mornings begin at 5:30-5:45. Breakfast buffet plus omelette station setup before 6:30. Check buffet every 10-15 minutes, make omelettes or eggs whenever needed. During that time, I would put away the days receiving, prep fruits and breakfast trolly for next day any salads or snacks for the days banquets or meetings. Make Sandwiches for outside fridge. Remove foods from buffet by 11, clean and change bowls for cold section then help with staff lunch and restocking line

Evenings go from 3 - 11 during the week and 3 - 10 during the weekend. Week days its mostly orders, weekends its mostly balancing prep for the week and orders.

I enjoy my work place, feels like family.

The hardest part of the job is probably just transportation for morning shift, to take the bus I'd have to leave at 4:30 and take three buses. To get a decent nights rest I'd take uber.

The most enjoyable part of the job is just the rush. Having to dish out so many dishes in a short amount of time is the greatest, especially if I have a good team mate that I work well with next to me.
The team was fantastic!
Administrative Assistant to GM (Former Employee), Laval, QCAugust 17, 2015
• General administrative support. Organization and maintenance of GM’s agenda. Dissemination of outcomes of weekly managers’ meetings to pertinent employees / departments. Creation of brochures for special events and special promotional packages. Creation of personalized menus for special events. Contract invoicing. Reconciliation of monthly expense reports.
fun work place
Guide children's behavior and social development (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 8, 2015
It was an environment friendly workplace. Fun work place with supportive management. I leaned a lot of things from there and still willing to learn more from other places.
It was a job
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: A couple great co-workers
Cons: Some not so great co-workers
I would show up at work not knowing what to expect. Only a few of the girls that I worked with were friendly and they were a big part on why I loved my job.
challenging job that will enhance you to become productive
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2015
The staff especially our manager in the company is very at ease to be deal anything that matters around. Teamwork for each department as I notice while working to this company.
was a great place to work and the people were good to work with..
breakfast cook (Former Employee), Red Deer,AbAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and tips
I moved to help my daughter go through school in Camrose, ab., so I had to resign but I really enjoyed working with everyone at the Sheraton was a good enviroment.. :)
Fun and productive!
Accounts Receivable Clerk / Auditor (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 15, 2015
It's a great place to work! Management and colleagues are well easy to get along with. I look forward to going to work each day.
productive and fun work place
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Laval, QCJune 29, 2015
Pros: big team, lots of fun
Cons: long hours
a typical day at the sheraton would be a 800 person banquet. We are a big team who work in a fast paced environment to make all of our clients happy including all the bosses who check every detail of our work
A workplace filled will diversity and offers a fun work place environment
Houseman (Current Employee), 15269 104 Ave, Surrey, BC V3R 1N5June 19, 2015
Pros: Free Food
Cons: Long hours
The Sheraton is a great place to work with a very friendly working stuff. It provides physical work and also provides communication skills that will be gained during your time there.
Nice work eviroment
Banquet Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2015
Pros: nice plan members
Cons: salary
Nice place to work, everyone care about it, nice plan beneficts, enjoy working there, just salary is less than what I expected
I was promoted to Housekeeping Manager, which is the only good thing I got from it.
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Victoria BCFebruary 10, 2015
Cons: long hours, no pay for stat holidays as a housekeeping manager.
Working at the Sheraton was okay for the first two years. New Management took over and it went down hill. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the GM. He liked to make people cry. The people I worked with were great and so was the hotel itself. It was very enjoyable to be able to learn how to manage a department. I enjoyed that part of my job. If you could get over the over bearing boss, you probably could last a long time there. But I cannot handle mind games.
Friendly and warm working environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good salary and free food each month
Cons: Heavy work
I applied my hospitality skills into housekeeping department under perfect management by supervisors. However, the assigned work is allocated differently.
good job
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJune 23, 2015
Every day is different in this job and everyday there is something new to learn, overall this job is giving me good customer service experience
Great people to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 26, 2015
Very unorganised place of work, did enjoy all my coworkers. Very repetitive which I enjoyed because allowed me to create a routine to work with on a daily basis. Assigned 15 rooms per day to clean, always finished early due to being quick and efficient.